What's new

How much of Scientology's attack video is true?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I haven't watched this video. It might be an admirable attempt at doing what it says.

But I suspect that no-one will really give a fuck in the feeding-frenzy that is going on. :)

Paul

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
I like the clip where the lady is standing outside Gold yelling that it is a movie studio and you can't visit, juxtaposed with the corporate video assertion that it is open to the public for visits. There are several of those moments throughout the video.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I like the clip where the lady is standing outside Gold yelling that it is a movie studio and you can't visit, juxtaposed with the corporate video assertion that it is open to the public for visits. There are several of those moments throughout the video.

Yeah, that was funny on several levels! :biggrin:

From my experiences with professional music recording studios: Apart from their 1 or 2 "Open Door" weekends per year, they don't like visitors at all, because that'd interfere with their workflow and therefore cost them more money than the visitors would bring in. :coolwink:

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Yeah, that was funny on several levels! :biggrin:

From my experiences with professional music recording studios: Apart from their 1 or 2 "Open Door" weekends per year, they don't like visitors at all, because that'd interfere with their workflow and therefore cost them more money than the visitors would bring in. :coolwink:

Right. Once many years ago, I visited Century Recording Studio which was located above the stage at Radio City Music Hall in NY. They gave tours during "downtime" and mostly to potential customers. One of us was friends of an engineer who worked there and gave us a look see. Those kind of realities would intrude on the story that was being pitched in the rebuttal travelogue that Scientology produced. It is also more convincing if you show some actual humans using the beautiful facilities, eh?

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I loved the clip, it really shows to what extent the church is willing to lie. I hope lots of scientologists get to see this. It's one thing to know they are lying but it's another to document the lies.