What's new

Miracles though AuditingShe had one more miscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the 1920s a guy called Emile Coue wrote a book called: "Self Mastery Through Conscious Autosuggestion". You can get it as a free PDF download if you look around for it.

This is the guy who came up with the affirmation: "Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better".

The book basically explains how to use this affirmation and why it works.

But the point of my post is that it also contains many "success stories" of people who had life-changing wins from using this simple affirmation and their names and addresses are also included.

The PDF is free. The self-audited process is free. The successes are numerous.

Why bother with Scientology?

Terril park

Sponsor
Poor Terril was roundly criticised for spamming FZ SS here and Emma finally drew the line way back in about 2009 or so.

I didn't spam. The FZ SS thread was set up with Emma's
permission. She then changed her mind. I admit I did post
one or two successes after this which I was criticized for.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Properly done, Scientology is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

When I read these types of anecdotal successes, I am reminded of all the other -ologies and -isms that make the exact same claims:

Consider:

Properly done, PRAYER is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, CHRISTIANITY is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, CHIROPRACTIC is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, MEDITATION is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, VITAMIN REGIMEN is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, FAITH HEALING is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, YOU-NAME-IT is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

I have said before, that a lot of the successes in the early practice of Scn can be linked to the new member's high hopes, expectation of improvement, agreement with the new group that change is going to occur, and the decision to improve. But these same aspects can be applied to ANY pursuit that gives a person hope, that gives them a new BELIEF. And when we are young and idealistic, oh my god, do we WANT TO BELIEVE!

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
So much of a negative nature is being posted on this board that I reckoned it's time to balance things up a bit. So I'm starting this thread.
...random stuff deleted...

what stuff of a negative nature? Are you saying that posting the truth about scientology, HUbbard the lack of results, the damage and harm done is somehow negative?

Thats rather a strange view - bit like claiming that a report about a volcano erupting is "bad news"

Seriously dude - it is bad news to get reports that people are still being conned by this rubbish.

Last edited:

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
what stuff of a negative nature? Are you saying that posting the truth about scientology, HUbbard the lack of results, the damge and harm done is somehow negative?

Thats rather a strange view - bit like claiming that a report about a volcano erupting is "bad news"

Seriously dude - it is bad news to get reports that people are still being conned by this rubbish.

False positive is negative. True negative is positive.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I read these types of anecdotal successes, I am reminded of all the other -ologies and -isms that make the exact same claims:

Consider:

Properly done, PRAYER is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, CHRISTIANITY is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, CHIROPRACTIC is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, MEDITATION is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, VITAMIN REGIMEN is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, FAITH HEALING is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

Properly done, YOU-NAME-IT is capable of changing lives and even preforming miracles once in a while.

I have said before, that a lot of the successes in the early practice of Scn can be linked to the new member's high hopes, expectation of improvement, agreement with the new group that change is going to occur, and the decision to improve. But these same aspects can be applied to ANY pursuit that gives a person hope, that gives them a new BELIEF. And when we are young and idealistic, oh my god, do we WANT TO BELIEVE!

The placebo effect is capable of changing lives and even performing miracles once in a while. Watch out for confirmation bias. It is the logical fallacy that is one of the most difficult to perceive in oneself.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
what stuff of a negative nature? Are you saying that posting the truth about scientology, HUbbard the lack of results, the damge and harm done is somehow negative?

Mockingbird's been singling Leon out repeatedly lately. Stuff about Leontology, etc. That probably seems negative to Leon -or to anyone with a couple or so brain cells.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
The placebo effect is capable of changing lives and even performing miracles once in a while. Watch out for confirmation bias. It is the logical fallacy that is one of the most difficult to perceive in oneself.

True. I meant to throw that word (placebo) into the mix. Thanks for adding it. The people who tout miracles for their brand of belief system don't like to think about the placebo effect. It makes them uneasy. Same for confirmation bias. I saw numerous examples of that in the cult.

Part of my awakening was when a relative who was OT VIII and Class VIII went on about the wonders of auditing for one of her grand daughters, who was "getting along so much better with her sister after auditing".

I recalled a time in my youth when I started to get along with my sister better and started to become friends with her, we weren't fighting anymore, and it was just a part of growing up! Since we were not in the cult or doing any type of therapy, it was a phenomenon that just naturally occurred. I saw then that this OT was just another True Believer who wanted to believe all good things were a result of Hubs Tech.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mockingbird's been singling Leon out repeatedly lately. Stuff about Leontology, etc. That probably seems negative to Leon -or to anyone with a couple or so brain cells.

I wonder whether Leon will answer Mick's question. It was, after all, addressed to him.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well what is negative is a matter of perspective ( a la naive realism from psychology ) and what supports or crushes one's ego from cognitive dissonance theory .

What is better to have a belief that everyone everywhere has been declining for a half eternity from gods to alone , blind , in constant pain and amnesia for eternity with no relief ever coming unless a slim chance of accomplishing a clearly impossible goal of straight up vertical expansion and salvaging this sector goes from zero to fully accomplished - oh , and by the way in this system EVERYONE has been murdering others and raping and committing genocide over and over as it includes the idea of only being vulnerable to or having "charge on " things YOU yourself have done to create the vulnerability ! As this universe is supposed to have the peculiar trait of beings being vulnerable to their own evil acts here ! It turns EVERYTHING bad you experience or dislike happening to others ON you as the bad guy to be ashamed ! Permanent blaming of victims for being evil in the past ! So eternal damnation that if fallen to becomes perdition - irrevocable !! EVEN by God !

Or a realization that Scientology is completely false and a fraud packed with lies and false miracles and a falser dark messiah who NEVER found a scintilla of truth - therefor NONE of his doctrine has ANY power over me , my beliefs or life or future - I am free to live and die as I please . No damnation , no stuck ideology to submit to - lots of doubts and maybes but they are honest and real - not delusions to enslave me with fear and shame .

You guys decide which is the more "negative ".

mockingbird

If someone says their miracles trump all contradictory evidence and logic and science and critical thinking and skepticism and scholars info and mountains of evidence to the contrary and that no other points are valid they are begging to have their miracles be examined very closely . It is the only logical option other than blind faith . If Leon is the new God I am the first atheist - we both are "free to choose our own religions ".

Are we supposed to enter the Golden Age of Leonology on faith alone ? Bring on the miracles - raise the 600 dead victims of Scientology listed at the Enough is Enough conference and remove all the trauma disconnection has caused and restore all the broken families and I will look at Leonology anew . I promise .

It is not a personal attack to ask someone to show what they promise - it is honest examination . If a person calls that a personal attack they may be committing or supporting a scam . If a guy wants to SEE a car or toaster or coat or cat or dog or ANYTHING real before buying it- it is called common sense but if someone wants to see the "magic man's miracles" before buying it it is called an attack !! Sounds like a scam to me !!!

Transparency should be applied to all extraordinary claims - they should have no problem holding up at all IF TRUE !!!

I can make extraordinary claims that hold up - I can predict the future . The sun will come up and still exist every day of my life !!! A very true prediction - backed by science NOT magic !!! Here is another - gravity will STILL work every day too !!! Very precise phenomena being described and true again - backed by science !!! What has this magic got going for it ?

These are NOT attacks on a person - they are challenges to provide PROOF !!! Show me the miracles I asked for and I will look at your ideas !!! Simple trade off !!!

If you wanted a car and I promised to have one it would be fair to ask to see it !!! Does the magic have some other rules ?? Before I buy it I need to see it !!
How come it only works when I cannot check it out ? Very weak magic .

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious

No. I am saying that publishing ONLY the bad results is negative when it is not placed alongside the potential (and often accomplished) good that can be attained.

The CofS took a very wrong turn under Hubbard during the 1970's and early '80s and this was driven further into the mire when the dwarf took over. There is the potential of HUGE benefit to all if the subject was to be cleaned up and used to its proper purpose. That benefit is blocked by focusing solely on the negative and ignoring the positive.

That's all I'm saying.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know whether you have seen, or plan to see Going Clear. Considerable information is provided by Sara Northrop, that describes Hubbard in the 1940's and it is quite revealing, to say the least.
Beginning with beatings, blackmail oh yes, bigamy, IIRC.

On the positive side, however, LRH could whip up a rather mean soufflé.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
No. I am saying that publishing ONLY the bad results is negative when it is not placed alongside the potential (and often accomplished) good that can be attained.

The CofS took a very wrong turn under Hubbard during the 1970's and early '80s and this was driven further into the mire when the dwarf took over. There is the potential of HUGE benefit to all if the subject was to be cleaned up and used to its proper purpose. That benefit is blocked by focusing solely on the negative and ignoring the positive.

That's all I'm saying.

If Hubbard is the founder and creator of the de-abberating technology....

If Hubbard had vastly greater number of auditing hours than anyone who ever lived...

If Hubbard was the most advanced OT in the universe (first to figure out OT III and not die). . .

If Hubbard also created the ethics tech to ensure that the OT tech worked. . .

If Hubbard was the beneficiary of all those tens of thousands of hours of auditing and ethics and Clear/OT powers. . .

THEN WHY DID SCIENTOLOGY TAKE A VERY WRONG TURN?

You created a post for wins & miracles. I would like to share my win now. I realized that L. Ron Hubbard was the ultimate proof that Scientology did not work, at all. My win also includes the regained ability to spot a manipulative con man with a sociopathically insatiable appetite for money, power and fame. And my win is that I realized that Hubbard lied about Clear & OT and all the rest of his mystical, magical cosmic mumbo jumbo.

Please do not invalidate my win.

Please do not evaluate my win and try to tell me it's not a win.

Please flow power to my win and disseminate it as you would your own wins. LOL

Last edited:

George Layton

Leon,

When a good friend of mine was on an auditing internship, she did a touch assist on someone in the hospital, a recent amputee. The patient had pain in a phantom limb. At the end of the session, no more pain, in fact, no more phantom limb.

This is anecdotal. I can't prove it. I don't know the patient's name, nor would I have permission to publish it. But do I believe it? Yes. The auditor is someone who, if she tells you it's going to rain, you'd best bring an umbrella and boots.

I think that if people can discuss all the times Scn didn't come through or work for them or for people they knew, that one could do the opposite. Though it does mean that, being on a public forum, people are going to comment.

Some people seem genuinely threatened by someone saying there was a "win" or whatnot. I don't mean disagreement. I expect disagreement. My best friend raises his eyebrows and just laughs at me when I tell him about stuff like that touch assist. Do I mind? Hell no. He doesn't feel threatened at all. But he's not about to lie to me about his opinion and I get that.

I would suggest ignoring the people's posts that are mocking you or trying to whine or tear a stripe off your hide, but maybe you may enjoy responding to those who offer disagreement or debate. Two very different things.

It's true that a lot of positive things are happening in the critic's scene by all these books and that wonderful documentary coming out and we think the cult's day of reckoning is coming, maybe already here. But I think by negativity, you might have meant the resentment expressed to you and others for having continued interest in Scn.

Posting about miracles in auditing won't make any converts but perhaps it can just be seen as an effort to say to people, look, this is why I'm into this stuff.

It may not be feeling threatened by someone claiming miracles by way of auditing that cause the disagreement. With all the attention scientology is getting now more people, stuck in the world according to hubbard , might be looking for some different answers and this would be an opportune time to draw some of those people into the freezone/indie groups.

Free Being Me

Crusader

That's all I'm saying.

Elwrong took a wrong turn? What else was he wrong about? Hmm? The desperate hope $cientology has any value is the last holdout of The True Believer Syndrome. Cult Onion Peeling comes deep from within and I think you (and everyone else like-minded) deserves better than what Elwrong offered.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.