What's new

Will HBO's "Going Clear" Change The Church Of Scientology Forever?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientologists think they are "special". They have the only tech to handle every situation. Blah, blah, blah.

The members of public who are still in must be looking around this "special" group and noticing that it is getting smaller. And when they mention Scientology to their wog friends they will probably notice the look of disgust on their faces.

All of this may prompt some of the public to start looking at the internet and realise that their "special" tech is available outside of this toxic group they belong to and maybe, just maybe, some of them will run.

With current members of public leaving and very few new public joining, there will be a lack of new money and that will be another nail in their coffin.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

A gamechanger!

If HBO ever decides to archive the full two-hour documentary "GOING CLEAR: The Prison of Belief" on the internet, I think this LINK is going to become one of the greatest viral links ever.

I personally will e-mail it to everyone I know "on this planet" with the message line reading: "FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DO SCIENTOLOGY"

Maybe CVS pharmacy could give out cult vaccination kits with DVDs included.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
lko5tRznyqouGHZjf57ngoZLsTZ1TSegloihhcb2z1VG4ij2VzWI_oBdrWQiYRBiAss5UlpU5mVV-Z5azTV9r4B9dH3Pw41S6_q0NVtAyoJsSB33_Ay7IUpPTJuYcslmloEq8JCHCiRdAPCeQwLgEFL5BmjiDBzFUPGTkpid_Sc1v2vKaZ3s0BVq9_LYDs8g64s2y4dCUmoyOsd0DB29vnsrKRLgHJ03PirjbTFqYz3LiMuHSVEJoqvgYiXkFXxQguuf6JviWL_uvTxQlddr20BzH8_bwJ1vRmI_tz9a=s0-d-e1-ft

Everyone in our family is watching " GOING CLEAR" These CATS ain't gonna get trapped in no Kitty Kat Kult!!:lol:

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
The core of Scientology's continued existence is the legal underpinnings of incorporation, tax status, and the supposed status as a Church.

That triad had given the Scientology organization effective protection against government action for a very long time. (At least in the US.) Hubbard and Miscavage have paid a lot for lawyers over the years, and got their (sadly, our) money's worth in terms of those legal underpinnings. If the HBO expose' encourages some politicians to investigate and question those three things, and then bring the Justice Department to bear, corporate Scientology may not last long. (Can Miscavage decline a Congressional subpoena?)

If those three strengths bear up, then the longer process of slow death by attrition that we have been watching impatiently will instead be the fate of Scientology.

As an aside, I feel that 'Third World' recruiting and promotional efforts were and are only PR efforts. This is because only people with first world bank accounts and credit limits provide enough money to keep the Scientology scam going. Further, the third world isn't an effective escape hatch for Miscavage and his money because the US-based legal underpinnings won't carry weight in the third world. (He could, however, bribe his way to a safe haven.)

Still, I do prefer that legal dismemberment occur, as then there is the happy possibility that Miscavage might be made responsible for some of his actions. The corporate structures and laws we have here in the US have protected and still protect many criminals (various corporate executives and agents) , but perhaps we will get lucky, and Miscavage will prove to be the pleasant exception. (Do some jail time, I mean)

Now, if Scientology is legally dismembered, two interesting questions come to mind:

1) What happens to the monies squirreled away in various Scientology (Miscavage)-controlled bank accounts? Taken for retroactive taxes?

2) What happens to the tax deductions taken in past years by many US Scientologists? Will they be asked to pay up? (This could be disastrous for individuals then under the tax-man's hammer, particularly if they are already nearly bankrupt, which is often the case for many Scientologists.)

Well, we'll get to see...

Hopefully yours,

Terril park

Sponsor

After the initial excitement and interest I feel it could still be 5-10 years before we see the REAL results of this documentary ... along with all the other things that are having an overall effect on the cofs decline.

I've developed patience though, I can wait (we can't be disappointed).

The NPI stat (new people in) is the one I want to see shrivel and die, then all it will take is a little time ... (cue [STRIKE]cackling, witchy laughter[/STRIKE] refined, ladylike tittering).

:biggrin:

From all the info on such matters NPI is in the process of shriveling and dying already.

What potentially could happen is a grass roots movement
of people writing to their representatives questioning why the COS
"inquisition"is tax exempt.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
My guess is that this is pretty much a "done" at this point....

If what you hear about the empty orgs is even halfway true.

From all the info on such matters NPI is in the process of shriveling and dying already.

What potentially could happen is a grass roots movement
of people writing to their representatives questioning why the COS
"inquisition"is tax exempt.

I hope you're right, it's just this thing I do ... a kind of "protection against potential disappointment" I suppose.

I'll try and stop it now.

:nervous:

I feel quite nervous TBH, there's something about the timing and the quality of the people involved that feels very, very significant.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

I hope you're right, it's just this thing I do ... a kind of "protection against potential disappointment" I suppose.

I'll try and stop it now.

:nervous:

I feel quite nervous TBH, there's something about the timing and the quality of the people involved that feels very, very significant.

I totally know what you are saying about "protection against potential disappointment". :hug:

The timing and persons involved, imho, mean we won't be waiting for 5-10 years for a huge game changer to happen here. I have my prediction on 6 to 12 mths before we see monumental things going on.

The structure protecting the cult needs to be dismantled. That's going to be a big job - a seismic shit-fight of proportions which there is little-to-no blueprint to work with. We are moving into the big fat unknown.

But it is all good. Nor pretty, not predictable, not sweet, but the "big picture" is moving in the right direction. It is impossible to know all the aspects of this dismantling because many are still not visible. This documentary will shake the fucking tree and it will be interesting to see what falls out.

So, hang onto your hat, grab your pop-corn and observe history in the making. As someone I truly respect wrote to me, "this is monumental stuff". :yes:

Just over 24 hours to go until the documentary airs in the USA. Bring. It. On!

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
:happydance::happydance:

A gamechanger!

If HBO ever decides to archive the full two-hour documentary "GOING CLEAR: The Prison of Belief" on the internet, I think this LINK is going to become one of the greatest viral links ever.

I personally will e-mail it to everyone I know "on this planet" with the message line reading: "FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DO SCIENTOLOGY"

​YES!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I totally know what you are saying about "protection against potential disappointment". :hug:

The timing and persons involved, imho, mean we won't be waiting for 5-10 years for a huge game changer to happen here. I have my prediction on 6 to 12 mths before we see monumental things going on.

The structure protecting the cult needs to be dismantled. That's going to be a big job - a seismic shit-fight of proportions which there is little-to-no blueprint to work with. We are moving into the big fat unknown.

But it is all good. Nor pretty, not predictable, not sweet, but the "big picture" is moving in the right direction. It is impossible to know all the aspects of this dismantling because many are still not visible. This documentary will shake the fucking tree and it will be interesting to see what falls out.

So, hang onto your hat, grab your pop-corn and observe history in the making. As someone I truly respect wrote to me, "this is monumental stuff". :yes:

Just over 24 hours to go until the documentary airs in the USA. Bring. It. On!

That must be why I feel about 4 years old on the night before Christmas.

I blame Mike Laws ... (yes, that's it ... it's all his fault) he totally over excited me with his brilliant reviews and I can't think straight.

Almost time ...

:happydance:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Journalists will want to interview Miscavige. I can't imagine him sudenly growing a pair and actually doing one, what is a journo to do? <cloud nine>Take quotes from his speeches</cloud nine> Move over grumpy cat, Miscavige Midget Musings will go viral.

"You are witnessing a space-time continuum, where clocks stand still"
"Because that’s right, it means everything will be in place to bust open the very top of the bridge"
"A significant donation is all that stands between a great void where souls are lost forever and a message to billions."

He did do one in the 90s, though I'm guessing he'll not do another

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The solution to the problems posed by Going Clear:

Greta Van Susteren interviews Captain Miscavige.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
The solution to the problems posed by Going Clear:

Greta Van Susteren interviews Captain Miscavige.

No way.

I'd like to see it but Miscavige's sleaze factor will be off the charts no matter how hard they try to spin it. Flattering lighting, nice set dressing, softball questions, etc etc. There is just no way at this point in time they can make Miscavige look human. In fact I'd go so far as to say you will never see Miscavige on TV again. He is in his bunker planning the defence of Big Blue and Gold from the approaching armies. ;-)

I'd love to see it. Captain Slimus Maximus on network TV, it'd be a foot-nuke of Biblical proportions. But... nah..... aint gonna happen. Too much to lose, it's not 1991 anymore.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
No way.

I'd like to see it but Miscavige's sleaze factor will be off the charts no matter how hard they try to spin it. Flattering lighting, nice set dressing, softball questions, etc etc. There is just no way at this point in time they can make Miscavige look human. In fact I'd go so far as to say you will never see Miscavige on TV again. He is in his bunker planning the defence of Big Blue and Gold from the approaching armies. ;-)

I'd love to see it. Captain Slimus Maximus on network TV, it'd be a foot-nuke of Biblical proportions. But... nah..... aint gonna happen. Too much to lose, it's not 1991 anymore.

Surely I jesteth.

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
Surely I jesteth.

I don't know if you're jesting. I'm not good at picking up stuff like that online.

From a risk management perspective IMO, it's a hi-risk low-reward venture. It smacks of playing defence, and you know the Kult's ideas about playing defence. Although as we know, if Miscavige wants to do it there is no one left in the Kult to stop him.

I want to see Darth Midget on network TV. Can you say uncomfortable and creepy, lol. I just think the odds are against it.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
I still occasionally watch David Miscavige's interview with Ted Koppel when I want to see a weasel like person in action.

A Conversation with David Miscavige - ABC News with Ted ...

"I have never met a more competent, a more intelligent, a more tolerant, a more compassionate being outside of what I've experienced from LRH," Tom Cruise once said of Miscavige.

I wonder, was Tom Cruise lying or is he delusional and really believes this?

Sindy

Crusader
I really think someone should create a petition to start circulating after the showing of the documentary to ask Tom Cruise to answer up to the abuse claims, or a petition to someone like Ellen DeGeneres (my choice) to ask Tom Cruise to come on her show to answer to the abuses, etc.

I actually think, if done right, that could go viral because the media might pick it up due to the current interest and make a stink. Or it could go nowhere but, if it did go viral, the pressure on him would be coming from the public at large and then I just cannot see how he escapes that enormous pressure.

That's my dream anyway.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know if you're jesting. I'm not good at picking up stuff like that online.

From a risk management perspective IMO, it's a hi-risk low-reward venture. It smacks of playing defence, and you know the Kult's ideas about playing defence. Although as we know, if Miscavige wants to do it there is no one left in the Kult to stop him.

I want to see Darth Midget on network TV. Can you say uncomfortable and creepy, lol. I just think the odds are against it.

Darth Midget.:roflmao::hysterical::laugh::clapping: Too fuckin' funny:bong:

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Best case scenario: ( may not be most likely ) the film starts a ball rolling and dominoes falling that DM , the entire main cult and all of its allies cannot stop and between public outcry , action by politicians and law enforcement and possible loss of tax exemption and religious recognition the vast majority of the cult's organizations are closed down in the US and assets are seized . The Sea Org is gutted losing at least two thirds of members to three quarters . Org staffs are decimated probably retaining ten per cent .

Many whales fade away never supporting or discussing the cult publicly again .

This leaves at least fifteen thousand newly forced out or walked out very confused cultists .

THEY will be confused , stunned , stigmatized and traumatized by their sudden overwhelming new , possibly more open life .

They will be vulnerable to many elements . Some will cult hop .

Some will commit suicide .

They will greatly benefit from the very best exit counselors and education that can be provided for them .

THAT may be our future .

I have no authority over anyone , no allegiance owed .

I can only appeal to whatever compassion ,whatever humanity the people here - the ones who know best why to help and what these victims of Hubbard's lies and cruel madness need - have and ask for any who can to try , in whatever way they can , to help these lost and abused people . The choice is yours .