What's new

Going Clear Airs on HBO!

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thought it would be good to start a thread to capture the big day, live blogging etc.

Tony has posted a great viewing day article with opinions by many exes about what this documentary means to them.

He is inviting comments from everyone about what this documentary means to them.

http://tonyortega.org/2015/03/29/th...he-airing-of-going-clear-tonight-mean-to-you/

Deep breaths...are we all composed and ready?

Let the festivities commence

:hifive:

Last edited:

tetloj

Mike's contribution:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/planetary-going-clearing-being-made-a-reality-today/

It has been a long time coming. It has already changed the world of scientology and the ripples from this landing in the middle of their pond will continue for many years to come. The media is emboldened. Individuals are stepping forward to tell their stories (see article in Washington Post). Hopefully it will also stimulate some legislators and government agencies to act.

MissWog

One thing Twitter is great for is live stream links when a show is about to air! I've used it in the past when traveling. I have this summer obsession of watching Big Brother US and many times I've been in our RV with just my iPad & Wifi.. If I see any live links I'll post it!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

March 29th! A day that shall live in infamy!

FAMOUS EVENTS IN HISTORY THAT HAPPENED ON MARCH 29:

__________footnotes

[SUP]1[/SUP] "A fellah by the name of ZENU. Could be spelled X-E-M-U." (L. Ron Hubbard)

[SUP]2 [/SUP] "Hoax. Could be spelled X-E-M-U. Could also be spelled F-U-K-U." (Hell Ruin Hoaxard)

[SUP]3[/SUP] "Schadenfreude. Could be spelled Scidenfraud." (quoted from the bestselling book "MEIN KSW")

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Pre-party breaking news. . .

LINK AT: USA TODAY (March 29, 2015)

Gibney rejects Scientology's objections to his documentary. . .

SAMPLE SNIP:
"Very late in the game, long after I was trying to get interviews with the people who were directly relevant to my story, they said, 'We're sending 25' – unidentified – 'people to meet with you.' Their purpose was not to elucidate the sections of the story I was interested in (but) simply to smear the individuals who are in the film. Indeed, many of those people who were sent have subsequently threatened some of the people in the film," he says. "That struck me as a kind of phony gesture."

SAMPLE SNIP:
" I know a lot of other Scientology films fell by the wayside because nobody wanted to run the financial risk and that's just how Scientology wants it," he says. "HBO has been tremendously supportive and I think you can see that the ability of Scientology to bully people into silence is ending."

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
link works fine.... member just wanted to help. of course there are some drama people.... works fine when you kill 4,5 "X"s...
please do not scare lurkers.... hope thread - goes "Party" when air time begins....:thumbsup:

It's not about scaring away lurkers IMO, it's about warning people about the risks of visiting questionable sites which heavily depend on heaps of ads embedded in shady scripts that have the potential to install many kinds of hard-to-detect and even harder-to-get-rid-of malware on the computers of unsuspecting users.

For users who don't have the full knowledge and understanding about how to protect themselves against these risks, a strong warning would be the best thing that can happen to them, IMO.

I have it easy, because I can simply boot my computer from a LINUX live disk, disable any hard drive access and then visit that site and after I'm done watching the video, I can just take the LINUX medium out, reboot and be back in my old, reliable, clean system.

There are Members here who are probably able to do the same, but the majority is not.

koki

It's not about scaring away lurkers IMO, it's about warning people about the risks of visiting questionable sites which heavily depend on heaps of ads embedded in shady scripts that have the potential to install many kinds of hard-to-detect and even harder-to-get-rid-of malware on the computers of unsuspecting users.

For users who don't have the full knowledge and understanding about how to protect themselves against these risks, a strong warning would be the best thing that can happen to them, IMO.

I have it easy, because I can simply boot my computer from a LINUX live disk, disable any hard drive access and then visit that site and after I'm done watching the video, I can just take the LINUX medium out, reboot and be back in my old, reliable, clean system.

There are Members here who are probably able to do the same, but the majority is not.

that link is streaming link - with some adds !
not a link to download something!
just that.
live stream link !!!
even Mod says it is OK! so enough with drama.
thank you OP!

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

Pre-party breaking news. . .

LINK AT: USA TODAY (March 29, 2015)

Gibney rejects Scientology's objections to his documentary. . .

SAMPLE SNIP:
"Very late in the game, long after I was trying to get interviews with the people who were directly relevant to my story, they said, 'We're sending 25' – unidentified – 'people to meet with you.' Their purpose was not to elucidate the sections of the story I was interested in (but) simply to smear the individuals who are in the film. Indeed, many of those people who were sent have subsequently threatened some of the people in the film," he says. "That struck me as a kind of phony gesture."

SAMPLE SNIP:
" I know a lot of other Scientology films fell by the wayside because nobody wanted to run the financial risk and that's just how Scientology wants it," he says. "HBO has been tremendously supportive and I think you can see that the ability of Scientology to bully people into silence is ending."

Great article!!:thumbsup: I just finished reading. Gibney is a hero! (Among many in this fight)

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Better safe than sorry, so I'll make that a double...:

Just a note to anybody who is watching this (by whichever means) not from the USA.
Some countries have "daylight saving time" and such crap, the translation of ours would be "winter time" / "summer time".
And here (Austria), it changed just today, at Sunday morning, 2am became 3am!!! :read:
The clock on my computer automatically switched, but I doubt everybody has already changed all their clocks. (I have mostly radio-controlled clocks, they switch automatically and I never have to set or correct the time. :p ) On the computer the automatical change can also be switched off!
So even when you have checked out that time zone stuff, look again! Watch out that you just don't miss the docu! :ohmy: :screwy:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
that link is streaming link - with some adds !
not a link to download something!
just that.
live stream link !!!
even Mod says it is OK! so enough with drama.
thank you OP!

So, basically you're saying that a mod guarantees that that site is completely and verifyably harmless and that he/she is absolutely willing and able to take full responsibility and fully recompensate anyone for whatever damage might happen to anyone from visiting that site?

I don't think that that's what the mod said. :no:

koki

So, basically you're saying that a mod guarantees that that site is completely and verifyably harmless and that he/she is absolutely willing and able to take full responsibility and fully recompensate anyone for whatever damage might happen to anyone from visiting that site?

I don't think that that's what the mod said. :no:

no, I am saying it is streaming site. there is no downloading. so there is no attack on your PC. there is no virus jumping into your PC. just that. streaming.

XenusChild

Patron with Honors
For those that don't subscribe to HBO, is there a way to see this? I'm guessing it'll be on HBO Now once that releases next month, but just wondering if HBO will have it on their website or something.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
no, I am saying it is streaming site. there is no downloading. so there is no attack on your PC. there is no virus jumping into your PC. just that. streaming.

Videos as well as advertisements need scripts to function. Without scripting enabled no video, no stream would be able to it's job.

Where there are scripts involved, there's the risk of running into a malicious one. Scripts, when not properly restricted, can download and execute basically anything they want, including huge piles of malware, without the user even noticing it.

You don't like to see it that way? Fine, have fun with any malware you catch.