What's new

Found Online HBO for free streaming of GOING CLEAR TOMORROW!!

JustSheila

Crusader
Well, I've gotten rid of everything except the last worded "Click on the X to close" because the x doesn't close it, but the words aren't very noticeable and the stream is working fine. I also fixed everything else on my computer, so all was well worth the time, yay! :thumbsup: Running like a dream now.

Though I still haven't been able to get the stream to full size screen, if anyone has a tip for that?

For anyone interested, the Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer really gets rid of most of those pesky ads. High security gets rid of even more. Hitting the tiny white x's on the screen got rid of the rest. No worries!

For anyone interested in a safe site for free addons and downloads, cnet has always been good for me:http://download.cnet.com/windows/internet-explorer-add-ons-and-plugins/

The Adblock plus is terrific for anyone using Internet Explorer.

Thanks, everyone! :dance2: Now I'm all set.

ren-n-stimpy.gif

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, I've gotten rid of everything except the last worded "Click on the X to close" because the x doesn't close it, but the words aren't very noticeable and the stream is working fine. I also fixed everything else on my computer, so all was well worth the time, yay! :thumbsup: Running like a dream now.

Though I still haven't been able to get the stream to full size screen, if anyone has a tip for that?

For anyone interested, the Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer really gets rid of most of those pesky ads. High security gets rid of even more. Hitting the tiny white x's on the screen got rid of the rest. No worries!

For anyone interested in a safe site for free addons and downloads, cnet has always been good for me:http://download.cnet.com/windows/internet-explorer-add-ons-and-plugins/

The Adblock plus is terrific for anyone using Internet Explorer.

Thanks, everyone! :dance2: Now I'm all set.

ren-n-stimpy.gif

last one is somewhere in middle... and full screen is in down right corner - there is 2 arrows that shows opposite sides.... click on that..

koki

lol, I have no arrows, just black. But it might be there anyway. Could be my colour scheme. I'll try. Thanks!

must be ! just look at screen - then in right corner - must be something that can pop up screen!!! hope you will find solution to fully enjoy movie......
it is always in right corner (not your monitor - but small video that is playing!!):)

JustSheila

Crusader
Thanks, Koki. It always works with the YouTube and other vids but for some reason not with this one.

It's okay, I can always zoom in and it looks good. Good enough! I'll fiddle with it a bit more later.

Off to bed with me. Good night and thanks! :sleepy:

koki

Thanks, Koki. It always works with the YouTube and other vids but for some reason not with this one.

It's okay, I can always zoom in and it looks good. Good enough! I'll fiddle with it a bit more later.

Off to bed with me. Good night and thanks! :sleepy:

when kill all adds , scroll down just a little more - there is a line with live stream in left , and volume and two opposite arrows in right corner...
that is it! just click there...

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Just a note to anybody who is watching this (by whichever means) not from the USA.
Some countries have "daylight saving time" and such crap, the translation of ours would be "winter time" / "summer time".
And here (Austria), it changed just today, at Sunday morning, 2am became 3am!!! :read:
The clock on my computer automatically switched, but I doubt everybody has already changed all their clocks. (I have mostly radio-controlled clocks, they switch automatically and I never have to set or correct the time. :p ) On the computer the automatical change can also be switched off!
So even when you have checked out that time zone stuff, look again! Watch out that you just don't miss the docu! :ohmy: :screwy:

Yes we changed too. I have to go and fiddle with computers so I can stream without the thing going through my PC because the TV closes after a while.

I'm so excited!

I hope it is 1am.

Sidney18511

Patron with Honors
And just to think that I ordered HBO just to see this documentary but I am really enjoying the hell out of it! I am severely movie-deprived.

Question, I'm on an iPad and when I go. To the link the OP posted it taks me to a weird looking website and flips me to an app that it wants me to download.

anybody able to access this on an iPad, or is this just for a computer?

MissWog

And just to think that I ordered HBO just to see this documentary but I am really enjoying the hell out of it! I am severely movie-deprived.

Question, I'm on an iPad and when I go. To the link the OP posted it taks me to a weird looking website and flips me to an app that it wants me to download.

anybody able to access this on an iPad, or is this just for a computer?
On my ipad too! So for shits and giggles I just tried it and it did the same to me.. I guess we need the app to use the site. I'm not going to add the app but I wanted to tell you the same thing does happen on this iPad when I go to the link.

Leland

Crusader
Thanks, Kao. That got rid of the bottom popup, but not the ones in the middle of their faces.

Those did not go away when I put my computer on "block all popups" either.

They say "please install video player to continue" (but it's already playing and I have video players) and "playback error", but on the bottom of the screen, when I put my mouse over the squares (without clicking) it shows an address for clickads.

But apparently Windows8 doesn't block all popups with the Explorer popup blocker.

Don't know what I should download that would work? If it works in NZ, should work in Aus. It's all southern hemisphere.

Above poster mentioned he was using Chrome...with their pop up blocker....

Just if you don't know....Chrome is a browser...you would have to install that...and then the pop up blocker.

But it is OK...you can have more than one browser on your computer.....just use one at a time....

Edited...Never mind....late to this thread...amazing stuff on the interwebs.....have to play catch up all the time.

Last edited:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Starting in April, you can buy HBO on its own using internet. They will have an app called "HBO Now", I believe. This allows access to their content, without restriction, and should also allow you to use HBOGO, which lets you use anything in their library at any time from any location. NICE. I wish you could have access to any channel you wanted by subscribing directly, instead of having to buy bundles of channels you don't want at a higher price so that you can watch the content you do want. I think the pay channels will likely all go this way, eventually, and wish the others would, as well. Cable providers don't like this, because they make their money on the bundles.

MissWog

Also, I said this on another thread.. I think I'm getting my threads confused??? We have a convo going in two threads about streaming??

"[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: Going Clear Airs on HBO![/h]
I use free streaming sites to watch cable shows (we cut the cord two years ago) on my iPad all the time. Maybe it's the IPad that protects me from malware? Here is an example site that I have NEVER had an issue with http://stream-tv1.co

not sure if they will have Going Clear but here is their tutorial page on how to make the pop ups go away, maybe it will work for other sites too? http://stream-tv1.co/help/

again, I'm in an iPad so it could be way different on a PC running Windows?!

Also, some awesome person may stream Going Clear tonight live via Ustream or Twitch (I will be on the look out and if I find that I will post it!) I have used both those sites to watch Big Brother when traveling & some nice person shares the live eviction episodes with the world :cheerleader:

I'm too hyper today, I need my son to wake up from his nap so we can go play! I think today may be on of those "it's five o'clock somewhere" days! Hahahaha!

Anyway, the site above has all the episodes of The Jinx available for streaming from HBO!

Leland

Crusader
Yea, I get pop ups too.....even with popup blocker....

Plus that "media player 12.2" in a know....bad site that will install spam and virus....

I have updated my Adobe Flash.....but no help.....Using Shock wave flash...I think...

anyway....I can see HBO playing...but to many pop ups to watch it.

Glad you guys in NZ and Australia can watch it....very cool.

Lone Star

Crusader

Plus that "media player 12.2" in a know....bad site that will install spam and virus....

I have updated my Adobe Flash.....but no help.....Using Shock wave flash...I think...

You can get rid of those pop ups on the viewing screen by finding and then clicking the very tiny X's. The X's in the usual spot, they sorta float or move around. It took me a while to figure it out.

Even after you click them off they'll come back, but then you'll be good at clicking them off quickly.

Other than that I've had no problems. The sound and video quality is good.

MissWog

Here is what the reddit folks recommend for live streams.. I can't test any of them bc I'm on an iPad..but if any of you feel adventurous and bored..

http://livetvcafe.net/video/KXM86N355SOO/HBOeHD--HD-LIVE

Post links to live streams of channels that are actively broadcasting
Some channels can be up or down at any given time, we suggest trying the links in the sidebar for sites that are collections of active channels. Please share any active channel you find, and downvote the dead ones.
If you have any suggested sites for the sidebar, post them here in the Sidebar suggestionsthread.
Related subs
/r/BestOfStreamingVideo
/r/cordcutters
Best of Live Sites
http://ivoo.tv/
http://livetvcafe.net/
http://ufreetv.com/
http://www.toonamiaftermath.com/
http://www.onlinelivetvstream.com/

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Most Up-To-Date version number for the Windows Adobe Flash Player is 17,0,0,134 - at the moment. :)

For Linux, it's 11.2.202.451

Last edited:

MissWog

Shouldn't a warning be put in the title - open at own risk?
same with my post above.. Know what you are doing and if you don't..ask someone who does to try it for you first.

I tend to appreciate the folks at reddit for their tenacity.. Cord-Cutters are pretty culty and down right zealots too! Hahahaha!