Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
vodka.jpg

l_15303d1700e04022b8d76d661f86ec1c-1.jpg

Fucking Wogs.

:grouch:

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
UT oh! Does this mean I need to change my name? I do have a good one for backup "Suppresso!"

I fully understand how in Scientology the word 'WOG" is used, and how on here its worn as a badge of honor almost to be called a WOG. But! it really is the same as calling someone a NIGGER. A word that is socially unacceptable now days. Hubbard mostly likely picked this up while being in England, as in the UK a black person would be called a WOG as a racist hatred term. I dare any scientologist to go to England and call a black person a WOG and see the result you get. I actually find it offensive that Scientology uses this term. I'm originally from the UK, and married to a mixed race spouse. I despise racism more than I do scientology.

As I stated before, I fully understand the context it is used in this forum. But the true nature of this word is no different to the N-word. Growing up I heard this insult used far more than the N-word, but its hateful, spiteful meaning was the same. Racial hatred.

British English: WOG
1. *racist* a black African or dark-skinned South Asian (usually Indian or Pakistani)

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
particularly in these days,

I am proud to be a wog instead of a $cientologist :biggrin:

When we use this word in $cientology it is usually with a certain ''disdain'' as the wog is ''only'' a poor wog....the one who doesn't know, the one who is middle class pts....the one we must save and raise up to tone 2 and higher..... :biggrin:

Last edited:

looker

Patron Meritorious
I fully understand how in Scientology the word 'WOG" is used, and how on here its worn as a badge of honor almost to be called a WOG. But! it really is the same as calling someone a NIGGER. A word that is socially unacceptable now days. Hubbard mostly likely picked this up while being in England, as in the UK a black person would be called a WOG as a racist hatred term. I dare any scientologist to go to England and call a black person a WOG and see the result you get. I actually find it offensive that Scientology uses this term. I'm originally from the UK, and married to a mixed race spouse. I despise racism more than I do scientology.

As I stated before, I fully understand the context it is used in this forum. But the true nature of this word is no different to the N-word. Growing up I heard this insult used far more than the N-word, but its hateful, spiteful meaning was the same. Racial hatred.

British English: WOG
1. *racist* a black African or dark-skinned South Asian (usually Indian or Pakistani)

This is very interesting. When I was on Student Hat round 1972 some fellow students had considered WOG to mean "Without Goals"

But, I can almost hear the Student Hat tape or some tape, where Ron described a term WOG as "Worthy Oriental Gentleman".

Something about in the early days when the British Empire was exploring the Indian and Asian coast line, a boat landed on the shores of China. Of course China was named after its most prolific export, Chi or, Tea thus the name China. Land of Tea. But, the Vice Admiral of the British Navy was sent there to drum up trade and introduce modern British Science, Math and Society to the Chinese.

The Chinese court would listen politely but smile and thank the British officers for being so considerate, but then would continue on with the customs and trade regulations they had used for thousands of years.

Thus the term "Worthy Oriental Gentleman" describes new people to Scientology as you can tell them all about Scientology, but they smile wish you luck shake your hand and walk out quite happy to be in their own aberated world.

In 1947 while in the Navy Ron DID attend Princeton to take a 2 month course on Government organization because he was intended to go to Japan as part of the occupation forces teaching government. WOG may have been a term in his course work.

This Navy government course is where Ron got the basis for the Org Board and the OEC volumes. Ron thought the boys at Princeton were pretty sharp. He enjoyed the class.

Now TODAY after hearing how Ron was such a story teller and liar. I would suspect he was pulling the wool over our eyes as students on the Student Hat, by offering a believable story mixed with some truth, regarding the " Worthy Oriental Gentlemen". Yet getting Scientologist to unknowingly utter racist slang. If so, very clever but the laugh is on us.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is very interesting. When I was on Student Hat round 1972 some fellow students had considered WOG to mean "Without Goals"

But, I can almost hear the Student Hat tape or some tape, where Ron described a term WOG as "Worthy Oriental Gentleman".

Something about in the early days when the British Empire was exploring the Indian and Asian coast line, a boat landed on the shores of China. Of course China was named after its most prolific export, Chi or, Tea thus the name China. Land of Tea. But, the Vice Admiral of the British Navy was sent there to drum up trade and introduce modern British Science, Math and Society to the Chinese.

The Chinese court would listen politely but smile and thank the British officers for being so considerate, but then would continue on with the customs and trade regulations they had used for thousands of years.

Thus the term "Worthy Oriental Gentleman" describes new people to Scientology as you can tell them all about Scientology, but they smile wish you luck shake your hand and walk out quite happy to be in their own aberated world.

In 1947 while in the Navy Ron DID attend Princeton to take a 2 month course on Government organization because he was intended to go to Japan as part of the occupation forces teaching government. WOG may have been a term in his course work.

This Navy government course is where Ron got the basis for the Org Board and the OEC volumes. Ron thought the boys at Princeton were pretty sharp. He enjoyed the class.

Now TODAY after hearing how Ron was such a story teller and liar. I would suspect he was pulling the wool over our eyes as students on the Student Hat, by offering a believable story mixed with some truth, regarding the " Worthy Oriental Gentlemen". Yet getting Scientologist to unknowingly utter racist slang. If so, very clever but the laugh is on us.

Fuck, it's typical Ron could not even get generalities correct. Our word "China" derives from a Sanskrit and Persian word denoting the porcelain, and probably is a derivative of the ancient Qin (Chin) Dynasty name. The old word for China in English was Cathay, a bastardization of Khitan, the people who founded the Luo Dynasty and ruled North China.

The word for "tea" in Mandarin is actually Chai, not Chi (which sounds like the hocus-pocus "life force" in Chinese Medicine to me). There are two main pronunciations in the Chinese "dialects" for "tea": ti and chai. Most languages of the world use one of those two words for it, depending on the Chinese group they first got it from. The Fujianese Hokkien speakers pronounce it "te" and the Cantonese pronounce it "chai" or "cha". Interestingly enough, in the 18th Century British Navy, slang for tea was "char".

Other than Burmese, which has a totally different word for it (laphet), the only languages I know with words for "tea" that don't sound like one of the two main forms are Lithuanian and Polish, which use bastardizations of the Latin "herba thea" and are really derivatives of "ti", but you can't tell that right away from herbata (Polish) or arbata (Lithuanian).

Thanks for sharing that! I think Ron picked it up in/from England, where it was unfortunately a very common slang "put-down", during the time that he lived there. Boo~Hissssss! :no: