What's new

Independent Scientology Milestone Two embraces and endorses book Arrows in the Dark

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Independent Scientology Milestone Two embraces and endorses book Arrows in the Dark.

Milestone Two: Arrows in the Dark

https://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2015/04/05/arrows-in-the-dark/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Posted by Lana M.
April 5, 2015

This book is a must-read for Scientologists. It is written by Merrell Vannier, a former HGC auditor at the St. Louis Org who volunteered to do undercover work for the Guardian’s Office after the St. Louis Post-Dispatch ran a series of attack articles in 1974. His book begins here, and covers his experiences in Clearwater where, as a practicing lawyer and secret agent for the G.O., he uncovered a massive FBI counter-intelligence campaign being run against the church, and helped save the Flag Land Base, and thus Scientology, by discovering intelligence that enabled the GO to handle an order to deport 75% of Flag staff.

Later, Merrell left a lucrative law practice in St. Louis and joined staff at USGO where he helped Mary Sue Hubbard clean up the GO’s intelligence actions and uncover who was sabotaging the church’s legal cases. When Bill Franks attempted to takeover the GO, Mary Sue summoned Merrell up to her office to be a witness. In his book he vividly details the hostile encounter between Franks and Jane Kember.

The reason we recommend the book is because it reveals counter-intelligence conducted against the church, and shows how plants are used to sabotage the church, even by instigating criminal acts. The church has never effectively shown this side of the story, leaving a vacuum for those bent on destroying Scientology to fill with false data and propaganda. We have all heard ad nauseam about the GO’s bad acts, which some falsely source to LRH, but no one has spoken out about the true source of the GO’s criminal acts – until now.

Here’s what Ingrid Smith wrote us: “I think ‘Arrows in the Dark’ is an incredible book – it has had a great de-PTSing effect on my pcs who have read it as they are getting a much better picture of what has happened to Scientology. The historians have been mainly Rinder and Marty out here.”

Another reason to read the book is to support Merrell’s efforts to reform the church. In the book he discloses that he and two other lawyers wrote letters to church officials, lawyers and board members calling for David Miscavige to step down while an internal investigation was conducted into the allegations of abuse by former Sea Org members rather than attacking and calling them liars. When that effort proved ineffective, he created
Code:
http://www.savescientology.com

He was verbally declared in January 2012, presumably because of his reform efforts. His daughter, Class VIII auditor and former Auditor of the Year and Senior C/S CC Int, Angie (Vannier) LaClare, disconnected from him, his wife and son, Angie’s mother and brother.

For more information about the book, and a touching (disconnection) memorial for his daughter, click here[1]. and more information about Merrell, click here[2].

Code:
http://arrowsinthedark.com/
Code:
http://merrellvannier.com/

* * * * * END END QUOTATION * * * * *

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Re: Independent Scientology Milestone Two embraces and endorses book Arrows in the Da

Arrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I lost my persistant f\n :grouch::grouch::grouch::grouch:

The cult indoctrination and addiction is so deep with some people
They are looking at anything to support the ''paranoid'' side of the cult and to justify it (even though decades ago)! :confused2:
(cognitive dissonance in days of truth [STRIKE]exposing[/STRIKE] exploding)

The truth is just one thought away - the thought of having the courage to read ''entheta'' just to see if it there can be truth in it to know about ! :confused2:

Last edited:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Independent Scientology Milestone Two embraces and endorses book Arrows in the Da

:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

Words just cannot express the depth of the delusion expressed in the OP.:no:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

"In the book he discloses that he and two other lawyers wrote letters to church officials, lawyers and board members calling for David Miscavige to step down while an internal investigation was conducted into the allegations of abuse by former Sea Org members rather than attacking and calling them liars. When that proved ineffective ......"

And that didn't work? Wow, I'm amazed.:screwy:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hubbard's extreme paranoia lives on. To the deluded robots, it's always some secret 'op' causing havoc in the cult. But it's never the insane delusions of hubbard woven into the cult's fabric. It can't be, because hubbard never made a mistake and the 'tech' works 100% of the time. It's always the 'psychs', the FBI, the SPs, etc., etc., etc. Barf.

Veda

Sponsor

From MS2,

Remoteviewed says:

"...I didn't fail to notice that after OSA replaced them [the G.O., after the G.O. had been infiltrated and undermined by enemy agents] the shift away from possible government attacks to small time lowlife critics..."

It seems that L. Ron Hubbard D.D. Ph.D was concerned with small time lowlife critics from the get go. Here's a sampling to give some idea. There's much more:

L_Ron_Hubbard_with_Dianetics_book.jpg

Below are some pages from the many pages of letters sent by L. Ron Hubbard to the FBI during the 1950s. I've seen the photocopies of these letters, and the 2nd and 3rd pages down are missing a paragraph and two lines which were, for some reason, not scanned. I have filled in the missing paragraph and two lines.

The content of these letters ranges from attempts to identify people viewed dissidents, "squirrels," or critics, as Comminists, to "explanations" for various things, and an apparent attempt to persuade the FBI to persuade the IRS to not investigate Hubbard and his finances lest Hubbard accept a Soviet offer to fly to Russia and work "for very high fees," etc., to just plain bizarre ramblings.

The letters in their entirety can be accessed if one is curious, but these pages happen to be handy on the Net.

sarafbi2.gif

hubbard-19550729-1.gif

"In the greatest spirit of friendship and camaraderie it seem that I can go to Russia as an advisor or a consultant and have my own laboratories and receive very high fees. And it's all so easy because it's already been ascertained that I could get my passport extended for Russia and all I had to do was go to Paris and there a Russian plane would pick me up and that would be that.

"Indeed that would be that.

"I suppose when the Russian-inclined 'friend' finds that...

hubbard-19550729-3.gif

A page from another letter of the time period:
hubbard-19550711-3.gif

Part of a letter from September 1955.

hubbard-19550907a-ds.gif

index2.jpg

______

"Always attack..." "Debate engaged upon [that] demeaned and degraded Scientology... SHOULD NEVER BE PERMITTED... [caps in original]

"...if you discover that some group calling itself 'precept processing' had set up and established a series of meetings in your area, you should do all you can to make things interesting for them. In view of the fact that HASI holds the copyrights for all such material the least that could be done in such an area is the placement of a suit against them for using materials of Scientology without authority. Only a member of the HASI or a member of one of the churches affiliated with the HASI has the authority to use this information. The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win.

"The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional demise. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly."

From 'Manual on Dissemination of Material', March 1955​

"Dianetics and Scientology are self-protecting sciences. If one attacks them one attacks all the know-how of the mind. It caves in the bank. It's gruesome sometimes.

"At this instance there are men hiding in terror on Earth because they found out what they were attacking. There are men dead because they attacked us - for instance Dr. Joe Winter [wrote Introduction to 'DMSMH', and the book, 'A Doctor's Report on Dianetics' with an Introduction by Fritz Perls].He simply realized what he did [He wrote an unauthorized book about Dianetics.] and died. There are men bankrupt because they attacked us - [Don] Purcell, Ridgeway, [publisher of 'DMSMH'] Ceppos."

From L. Ron Hubbard's 'HCO Manual of Justice', 1959​

Veda

Sponsor

Some more background.

From confidential issue, "Intelligence Actions, Covert Intelligence Data Collection' of 2 December 1969. Hubbard describes events of 1950 and identifies his 2nd wife, Sara, as Russian secret agent:

The objective of the enemy is to discredit...

Their first blast was the San Francisco papers, Sept. 1950, quoting the publisher (of Book One) Ceppos being critical of me (he was a communist) followed by the LA papers, pushed then by Sara Komkovadamanov (alias Northrup) 'divorce' actions, followed by attempted kidnapping of myself. Other details were pushed into it including murder of four and so on. This was a full complete covert operation. At the back of it was Miles Hollister (psychology student), Sara Komkovadamanov (housekeeper at the place nuclear physicists stayed near Cal Tech), Gene Benton and his wife - president of the Young Communists League...

This was a full war against Dianetics...​

Note: all the above parentheses are from the original.

l-ron-hubbard-way1.jpg

The second attempt to frame Paulette Cooper (after the first 1972 attempt was almost successful) was in 1976, and was called Op Freak Out. Amongst the many actions to be done (such as once again obtaining her fingerprints on a blank sheet of paper) was to have it appear that Cooper was making threats against the Arab consulate. The reasoning was that she would be viewed as a likely suspect because she was Jewish.

From 1980, concerning the 1970s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Qa6WIedQ0&feature=related

Includes interviews with Paulette Cooper, Scientology officials, and Church members. This was after the 1977 FBI raids, when Scientology was doing PR damage control:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOBGZyfw3o&feature=related

Interview with Nancy Many. (At 1:30): "Hubbard hated Paulette Cooper. He hated her and he wanted her destroyed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY76WHmRlYA&feature=player_embedded

From the Affidavit of Tanja Burden http://www.lisamcpherson.org/burden.htm:

At the Fort Harrison I remained LRH's personal messenger. I observed LRH control the operation of Scientology in various 'Orgs' worldwide from the Fort Harrison. I coded and decoded messages to and directly from Hubbard. Hubbard used approximately 15 codes at this time to conceal his operations, programs, and policies, which he disseminated worldwide. I personally delivered messages concerning Operation Snow White, Operation Freak Out, and other Scientology secret and illegal operations. I also filed these in Hubbard's personal filing cabinet...​

By the early 1970s, author Paulette Cooper was under Scientology surveillance.

Around this same time, L. Ron Hubbard's red headed daughter, Alexis, by 2nd wife Sara, thought, naively, that she would try to visit her biological father, just to say hello. Unbeknownst to Alexis, her father had officially "erased" her mother, and had even denounced her an Russian secret agent named Sara Komkovadamanov. And, even though the first edition of 'Science of Survival' had been dedicated to Alexis, she had also been officially "erased."

Alexis tried unsuccessfully to see her father, thinking he was at St. Hill in England, and this set in motion the events described below.

The events are known beacuse a letter was sent to Paulette Cooper from Sara Northrup, and this letter was subsequently stolen, or removed and copied by Scientology - Scientology had already planted a "friendly" neighbor, in her apartment building, who had gained Paulette Cooper's confidence and trust. The same "friendly" neighbor later wrote, in one his secret reports to Scientology, "She's thinking of committing suicide. Would that be great for Scientology!"

The letter - or a copy - later turned up in the documents resulting from the July 1977 FBI raids on Scientology in Los Angeles and Washington, DC.

This is the letter:

Mar 20, 1972

Dear Paulette,

Thank you for sending the photostat of the column concerning Ron.

I really think he is a terribly destructive man - and mad as a hatter.

Last fall a couple of men came here to my home on Maui (Hawaii). They looked like undertakers' assistants. They were very pale - wore cheap black suits, white shirts, dark ties.

They told me they were "agents", but they wouldn't tell me what, or who, they were agents for. They wouldn't show me any identification. They had a long list of personal questions to ask me and they had a "warning" to give me. They told me that people posing as reporters might try to get me to talk about Ron but I would be in trouble if I said anything at all to them.

They wanted to come in the house but I wouldn't let them. I told them I wouldn't speak with them unless they came with identification. They said they'd "check with headquarters and be back this evening". I never saw them again.

My older daughter [Alexis Valerie] (who is Ron's daughter) was home over the holidays. When she arrived back at college there was a man who had been waiting for her in the local inn. He had been there 3 or 4 days.

She asked him to come to her Dorm to talk with him. He told her he was Ron's agent. He had several typewritten pages of "statements" to read her. It had obviously been written by Ron.

It said to her that she was illegitimate - that I was a "street-walker" he had hired as a combination housekeeper-secretary. He said that he fired me and that I came back to his doorstep "destitute and pregnant" and that out of his great heart he had taken me in to see me "through my trouble".

He said that when Alexy was a "Toddler" she was a cute little thing so he took her and a cat, "Motor Boat", along on his wanderings "as pets" for 2 years.

[Alexy was 15 months old when we were divorced]

He also said that during World War II I was a Nazi spy. (He used to tell people that I was a Communist spy who received orders from Moscow by telepathic control). I don't know why he had me change sides.

He said that I had been "used by those in control to discredit Mr. Hubbard." He said he forgave me but it made him very sad.

The paper was signed, "Your good friend, J. Edgar Hoover". The agent told Alexy he was an F.B.I. agent. He would not allow her to inspect it - would only read it to her. At the end he asked her if she had any questions.

She was both angry and shocked that Ron could do such a thing. She told him - "the agent" - it was self-explanatory and asked him to leave. She has had a feeling that her father was a rather romantic figure. These paranoid ravings were frightening to her. She had not realized how sick he was before this incident.

I was furious that he would try to hurt Alexy - I wrote him a long letter telling him what I thought of him for inflicting his madness on Alexy but before I sent it Alexy called and begged me to do nothing. She said, quite rightly, that he was crazy enough to do anything. She asked me to just be thankful that we had escaped contact through all these years...

Last summer Alexy was in England and dropped by St. Annes Hill [Saint Hill Manor?] - she thought perhaps she could share dinner with him. She was naturally curious about him. She didn't see him...

His sickness is not just destructive, it is also contagious. I hate to think how many weak people have been harmed by this man.

The day of my divorce from Ron was like a day of rebirth for me. I feel that Alexy and I escaped from a death-in-life situation.

I am really afraid of him. He has such control over his people - and so many of them - that even from England he could do something to hurt Alexy. You have no idea the lengths to which he can go (or, maybe you do?).

These visits from his "agents" are just warnings. The two who came to see me told me as much. It is really frightening not knowing what he might do next.

I had hoped that he had forgotten us - put us out of his mind...

Forgive this rambling letter. I never tell anyone that I was married to Ron - so I have no one to tell about these weird visits. I know you are concerned about Ron so you have the recipients of my meanderings on the subject.

I'm sorry that I never met you. Please do write and tell me what happens with your case. Ron has the advantage of money - but you have rationality on your side. Surely that must be more important.

Soon thereafter, the bomb-threat frame up of Paulette Cooper was initiated.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

I thought that in the '50s at least, DD stood for Doctor of Dianetics. Which is it?

It appears that Dr. Winter died in 1955, if he is the same Dr. Joseph A. Winter mentioned in this June 1955 obituary column in the NY Times. I do not have much data about him - does anyone have a bio of him and his activities before Dianetics? How did he get connected with Laffy in the first place? Via John Campbell?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

I'm sticking with Doctor of Delusion. :biggrin:

Lone Star

Crusader

I thought that in the '50s at least, DD stood for Doctor of Dianetics. Which is it?

It appears that Dr. Winter died in 1955, if he is the same Dr. Joseph A. Winter mentioned in this June 1955 obituary column in the NY Times. I do not have much data about him - does anyone have a bio of him and his activities before Dianetics? How did he get connected with Laffy in the first place? Via John Campbell?

It is definitely Doctor of Divinity. It's easy to get and Hubturd got it as part of the effort to cloak himself as a religious leader.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Meanwhile, getting back to the thread topic; talk about clutching at straws! :duh:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

One flew east and one flew west...

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

https://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2015/04/05/arrows-in-the-dark/comment-page-1/#comment-8784

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Chris Black says:
April 6, 2015 at 4:55 am

In the late 70s, a time track of the attacks on the Church was done, detailing the agencies involved and documenting evidence of the false reports and intel ops used against the Church since the 1950s. Rev. Kenneth J. Whitman, then President of the Church of Scientology of California and National Spokesman for the Church issued the following press statement (excerpted from the report). The report goes on to detail exactly the intelligence ops of the CIA, FBI, IRS, FDA, Interpol and others. Merrell’s book is timely and will help shed the light of truth on what really happened during this time.

“In 1957, the Central Intelligence Agency issued its first report on the Church of Scientology. Since that time, the members of our sister churches in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, England, Canada, France, Germany, Austria, Switzer land, Denmark, Holland, Belgium, Spain, and Greece were subjected to an intelligence operation which had as its purpose the annihilation of an American-founded religious movement.

We have been accused of almost everything from gun-running, drug trafficking, white slave trafficking, sex perversion, hypnotism, brainwashing, currency smuggling to Communist countries, to even killing. They are tired old lies we have long since been able to prove are false.

In 1973, we discovered, by accident in Germany, evidence of the international circulation of false reports and immediately began utilization of the Freedom of Information Act. By 1978, more than 200,000 documents had been collected, cross indexed, filed, and analyzed. Hundreds of FOI requests were made and lawsuits filed against agencies withholding documents. Thousands of man hours were consumed in this massive project. We had to study intelligence tactics to understand what had happened.

What we found was a systematic campaign of “well poisoning” which followed the expansion of Scientology abroad in more than 14 countries from Australia in the early l960ts to France in 1978. In every instance where our Church was attacked, we have documents which prove that malicious false reports, rumors, unproven allegations of crimes and other dirt were disseminated broad by American agencies to foreign governments prior to any action taken against the Church.

For a long 21 years, we have not only endured this deliberate and cold-blooded inquisition, we have continued to expand and prosper. We have been no threat to national security, we have no history of criminal activity, and there has been no evidence to support the outrageous lies spread by the CIA, FBI, IRS and others involved.

After 16 years of black propaganda activities at home which we are currently analyzing in detail| and ten years of known intelligence operations against us abroad, in 1966 we formed a Guardian’s 0ffice whose major purpose was to forward our social reform programs and, of course, protect our beliefs. We have survived the ordeal and continued to prosper in the teeth of this continuing professional intelligence operation.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Veda

Sponsor

https://milestonetwo.wordpress.com/2015/04/05/arrows-in-the-dark/comment-page-1/#comment-8784

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Chris Black says:
April 6, 2015 at 4:55 am

-snip-

we have no history of criminal activity, and there has been no evidence to support the outrageous lies spread by the CIA, FBI, IRS and others involved.

-snip-

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

But, if any crimes did occur, they were done by anti-Scientology SP infiltrators, and without Hubbard's knowledge, thus were not done by true Scientologists. (!)

Even if already seen, this short segment of a 1980 'Sixty Minutes' program, addressing the 1970s, is worth re-viewing. It's a classic, done in the aftermath of the revelations resulting from the 1977 FBI raids.

[video=youtube;XuOBGZyfw3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOBGZyfw3o[/video]