What's new

Bob Adams - Church of Scientology International Vice-President -- April 2014

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
Yes, Cakemaker, the job/position titles mislead no matter, it seems, the place/post/building/ship/etc.

We've only been able to pin down two current titles for Bob Adams: "Vice President of CSI" and "Spokesperson".
And that he works in Suite 1200 of the HGB, previously identified as the same floor as OSA offices are located.

Has anyone seen or been sent any flyers that advertise Bob Adams giving a talk or making a presentation or attending a graduation or anything else? That would help us all figure out what other job functions/job titles he currently performs.

JB

From this link, I get that Bob Adams is a bit of a chump.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~./dst/Stop-Narconon/Bob-Adams/index.html

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Oops, I probably should have said this to start with: The position of President or Vice President in Scn is purely and strictly a PR position and has nothing to do with the day to day operations of the church, including CSI, etc.

For example when Heber was President of CSI, he would never ever ever give orders or instructions to staff relating to the running of any org. He was a spokesperson for the church and, from staff on the inside, a highly respected person.

We would not bow down or listen to his orders, but when he spoke, we liked to listen, out of respect, plus because he always had interesting stories to tell.

It is the same with the President of CC Int. She (or he) has NOTHING to do with the management of the org whatsoever. She is a PR facing person who represents Scn to non-Scnists.

Of course all of this is FAIL, but they fail to see that.

No "oops" required, Bea Kiddo. :)
I understand that "VP of CSI" is an 'in-name-only' & feel-good-yet-oh-so-empty title.
But then, I wasn't sitting in the Zoning Board meeting in Georgia when Bob Adams introduced himself.
And those who were sitting in that meeting didn't have benefit of ESMB members graciously-extended wisdom.
Not then, anyway.:coolwink:

Within Co$, the titles mean just what you've written above and in prior posts.
Outside of Co$, however, is where those titles have the capacity to unfairly mislead non-scientologists.

Every Co$ "spokesperson" unfairly relies on non-scientologists' use of non-scientologist definitions of terms & phrases.
Non-scientologists are 'ignorant' of the vast majority of Co$-approved definitions/meanings for certain titles, words, phrases, etc.
But non-scientologists are learning. :yes:

"Disconnection" <--- that Co$ word is in the MSM & it looks like Lori Hodgson and Sara Goldberg and Leah Remini and more.
"Fair Game" <--- that Co$ phrase looks like middle-aged people with cameras strapped to their heads and John Sweeney and Tory Magoo and more.

2 simple examples of what's not yet hit the MSM, but when it does...

"Ethics" <----It's not a place. Never has been, never will be. (Siri & GPS & Google Maps don't give coordinates = not a place. Easy-peasy.)
"Body Routing" <--- It's akin to the pouncing perfume-spritzer person stationed at the department store fragrance section...only stinkier.

"Bob Adams, Spokesperson", per the April 2014 website page posted earlier in this thread, is held out to all the world as the person to contact about "betterment programs" (*cough*) associated with Co$.
If the MSM want to learn about those programs, Bob Adams is the contact.
If the local Chamber of Commerce wants to learn about those programs, again, Bob Adams is the contact.

The MSM and anyone else who seeks to initiate contact with "Bob Adams, Spokesperson" has an opportunity to learn about what kind of training a Co$ spokesperson undergoes if they look for it. <--- Thanks entirely to those Ex-scientologists who uploaded the policies to the internet and distributed those links far and wide.

In 2014, it's not just an 'opportunity', either. The 2014 standard-operating-procedure for a large majority of MSM outlets is to 'vet' any and all media contacts by identifying a contact's training, credentials, educational background, and more.
If a 2014 MSM outlet tries to 'vet' a Co$ "spokesperson", and in doing so, directly asks about what kind of training Co$ provides its "spokespersons", I sure hope that MSM outlet brings 3 video cameras, 3 boom microphones, and a satellite dish van with a running engine.
Because that scenario? Yes, I'd very much like to see that video on YouTube. And 60 Minutes. And Comedy Central. And here @ ESMB.

JB

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
JBWriter!

I hope you don't mind, but I posted a cut-and-paste of your "cheat sheet" at the Underground Bunker - http://tonyortega.org/2014/04/11/ve...david-love-and-two-others/#comment-1332671301

I mentioned that you compiled this list for this thread with a link.

I've no objection*, AegerPrimo. :)

I'll add, though, that this thread isn't for any other purpose than to answer a simple question (Who is Bob Adams, anyway?) that arose as a direct result of other threads/posts on ESMB. It's not about "tracking" him - or anyone else - but rather, identifying his current position in Co$ through objective means.

Bob Adams' position as a 'public face' of Co$ is of interest, if for no other reason, than because earlier 'public faces' of Co$ have moved-on in ways that no one could have predicted. (See: Tommy Davis, Mike Rinder, etc.)

JB

*ETA: I did not create/author the content referred to by others as the "cheat sheet" - I pared down the original policy that was kindly posted on this thread. Then, I commented on the pared-down version.
Were I ever to create/author an original policy on how to best interact and communicate with reporters/journalists, it would contain smiley faces, high-five images, and recommendations for good restaurants to conduct productive & fun interviews.

Last edited:

Free Being Me

Crusader
Bob Adams appears to still be active, he's still listed as an official spokeshole for the Cof$. (Warning, Cof$ site link.)

Bob Adams
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Adams_(American_football) (Full article at link)
"In 2004, Adams served within the Scientology organization as senior vice president of its Association for Better Living and Education (ABLE), a nonprofit founded by Scientology members in 1988 to supervise the secular programs Narconon, Criminon, The Way to Happiness, and Applied Scholastics. By 2006 he had become a media executive and vice president of the Church of Scientology, and worked out of the organization's facilities in Hollywood, California. He represented the Church of Scientology at the 2006 conference of the Religion Newswriters Association in Utah. Adams held the position of vice president of public affairs for the Church of Scientology International in 2009, and was a Reverend within the organization. He traveled to Melbourne, Australia in December 2009 for the World Religions Conference. He continued to serve as vice president of the Church of Scientology International in 2010, and was one of four officials listed as spokespersons for the church."

He blogs at World Religion News, here's an example of him posting Feb. 25, 2014 about the first legal marriage at an idle morgue in England. He has also been chosen as a Featured Contributor at WRN.

Scientology1.jpg
Bob Adams, left, vice president for the Church of Scientology International and Woody Galloway, an attorney representing the church, answer questions after the Sandy Springs City Council voted to defer a zoning change for church's building at 5395 Roswell Road, June 19th 2012. Link here

On April 1st, 2013, Bob Adams attended a function for drug prevention.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/ChurchofScientology/TruthAboutDrugs/prweb10590981.htm (full article at link)
" Reverend Bob Adams of the Church of Scientology International and Hollywood Chamber of Commerce president Leron Gubler welcomed two Russian Federation athletes April 1st, who are raising awareness of the need for drug education. The cyclists, Alen Khairullin and Pavel Grachev were in Hollywood today having just reached the halfway mark on their route to circle the globe.

The cyclists embarked on their journey to do their part in bringing about a drug-free world. They hold drug education and prevention events and distribute copies of the Truth About Drugs booklets – sponsored by the Church of Scientology – throughout their journey. This week they will meet with at-risk youth at a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department after-school intervention program and with civic leaders in Pasadena."

Here's Bob Adams at a Cof$ event hosting a drug abuse forum with community leaders and officials, posted June 5th, 2013.
http://luana1980.wordpress.com/2013...sadena-hosts-forum-to-tackle-teen-drug-abuse/ (Full article at link)
"More than 80 civic, community and religious leaders representing over a dozen groups and associations attended a Truth About Drugs Prevention Forum April 20 at the Church of Scientology of Pasadena. The purpose: to tackle rising teen drug abuse in the Pasadena area.

Speakers included Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca; Sergeant Mark Cripe and Jesse Mendoza of the Sheriff’s VIDA program for at-risk youth; Gary Moody, President of Pasadena NAACP; Tarik Ross of the Amer-I-Can program; Jessica Ruiz and Porfirio Frausto of the Flintridge Foundation; Dr. Nicholas Benson, Vice President of the Ecumenical Council Pasadena Area Congregations; and Bob Adams of the Church of Scientology International."

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Loads of info on this thread !!!

My personal input on it is that I worked as a second of former Vice President CSI Janet Wailand in 1995 grand opening PR event of AOSH EU in Denmark.

This is definitely an OSA Int PR post. At this time I was an OSA EU staff in PR and Janet Wailand came on her own from Int to run the Show of this event and she took me as org officer for the whole evolution that lasted preps included for 3 weeks or so. I got to know her quite well and she told me that she used to be Port Captain on the Appolo that is a PR post as well. She was running all the PR campaigns of the Church and was launching the "Drugfree Youth Marshals" of the "Say No To Drug" campaign that I successfully developed in Coppenhagen for 6 months and than after routing out of the Sea Org continued back to France as spokesman.

In 1999 when back in the SO with the Jive Aces I went to visit her in her office on Hollywood Bld while I was in LA and she was still on post. She was a nice and warm Lady in her fifties very Theta and easy to work with. I wonder where she is now and hope that she didn't end up in the hole as most of the Int Management Execs of that era :omg:

ethercat

Cat in flight
But then, I wasn't sitting in the Zoning Board meeting in Georgia when Bob Adams introduced himself.
And those who were sitting in that meeting didn't have benefit of ESMB members graciously-extended wisdom.
Not then, anyway.:coolwink:

Au contraire, JB. There was all kinds of information being passed to and betwixt the neighbors, and from them to the mayor and city council. Bob Adams made an idiot of himself, contradicting everything attorney Woodson Galloway had tried to emphasize before Bob was called in. Someone must not have coached him in what was needed and he was in standard "church" PR mode.

Tipping Point - Sandy Springs Zoning Opposition
Links to Video of All Zoning Meetings

By the way, the meetings concerned the Ideal Org, not Narconon, and took place in 2009, not 2012. The RLUIPA lawsuit (where they cried religious discrimination) finished up in 2012.

And the building was still falling apart and being left to rot, the last time I checked, not so long ago.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...missions-Atlanta-Idle-Org&p=524908#post524908
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,1356.0.html

The best - a squirrel living in the roof. He's probably got a whole family living there now.
attachment.php

Ok, sorry for the derail. Back to deconstructing Bob Adams. :carryon:

sfknme.jpg

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Au contraire, JB. There was all kinds of information being passed to and betwixt the neighbors, and from them to the mayor and city council. Bob Adams made an idiot of himself, contradicting everything attorney Woodson Galloway had tried to emphasize before Bob was called in. Someone must not have coached him in what was needed and he was in standard "church" PR mode.

Tipping Point - Sandy Springs Zoning Opposition
Links to Video of All Zoning Meetings

By the way, the meetings concerned the Ideal Org, not Narconon, and took place in 2009, not 2012. The RLUIPA lawsuit (where they cried religious discrimination) finished up in 2012.

And the building was still falling apart and being left to rot, the last time I checked, not so long ago.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...missions-Atlanta-Idle-Org&p=524908#post524908
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,1356.0.html

The best - a squirrel living in the roof. He's probably got a whole family living there now.
attachment.php

Ok, sorry for the derail. Back to deconstructing Bob Adams. :carryon:

View attachment 7116

Thanks, Ethercat, for all the additional information. :thumbsup:

The video snippet posted in Post #1 was created & uploaded (published) on June 19, 2012.
Here's the original article which includes the video snippet: http://www.reporternewspapers.net/2...cil-defers-settlement-of-scientology-lawsuit/

As I wrote in Post #1, I did a simple Google search -- so the video came up but not the article. I read the comments on the YouTube video snippet to verify its date when I posted it here, but didn't read the article until a few minutes ago when I did a specific Google search.
The video snippet's date - June 19, 2012 - was important because it is the most current video clip I could find in a simple Google search. Other, longer videos that popped-up in the simple Google search were too old to establish whether or not Bob Adams remains an active Co$ executive.

You're quite correct, the Zoning Board meeting didn't involve Narconon, it involved an ideal org. :yes:

I didn't mean to imply the Georgians who did attend that specific Zoning Board meeting were wholly uneducated about the zoning issues that concerned their neighborhood. They weren't, and aren't. Although that lawsuit isn't the topic of this thread, the additional information you've kindly provided about how the community reacted to Co$ reps in their midst is very helpful.

The video snippet was used in various posts by me in this thread to make specific points because it illustrates how a group of non-scientologists are unfairly misled by a Co$-trained spokesperson.

JB

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
President Church or Scientology International Full Hat Check sheet:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/heberhat.htm

This is Heber's 1988 Checksheet, done when he re-treaded the course on how to be President of the CSI. It surfaced as the result of some legal action, and - at the time - I was asked to do some paralegal work researching its contents, so I can recall wading through the Green Volumes, plus confidential HCOPLs, plus stacks of confidential Hubbard Propaganda, Intel oobleck, in an attempt to de-code and explain this stuff to a "wog" attorney in a legal battle with Scn Inc.

The check sheet shows that Heber had to, at least, be able to pretend to be an "executive," when confronting the "wogs," many of whom really thought he was the leader of Scientology Inc.

The bulk of the check sheet has to do with PR and Propaganda, which was Heber's main job.

[/IMG]

This whole thing was fascinating, and as an aside, one needs to just look at the company of the words in this section of the checksheet to be M6ed to see what culties REALLY think about homosexuality, despite the PR they've been spounting:

133. KEY WORD LIST: Method 6 Word Clearing

psychiatry [HJ] __ __ psychology [HJ] __ __
brain [HJ] __ __ lobotomy [HJ] __ __
electricity [HJ] __ __ convulsion [HJ] __ __
ECT [HJ] __ __ psychotropic [HJ] __ __
obsession [HJ] __ __ homosexual [HJ] __ __
pain [HJ] __ __ drug [HJ] __ __
hypnosis [HJ] __ __ PDH [HJ] __ __

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I supervised Heber on part of that 1988 checksheet he was doing. This was when OSA Int was using the Incomm course room in the basement of ASHO for their 12 1/2 hours study a week.

As I think Bea said, the President CSI post is a PR post inside OSA Int. I think "Office of the President" is a department (or equivalent) in the PR Bureau org board. I assume the post of VP CSI is a post within that department, effectively being as much President as the Dwarf allows since I imagine he won't let Heber see the light of day until he's dead. Which would make Bob Adams a fully-fledged OSA Int staff member, privy to all the usual stuff that the non-Intel OSAI peeps get access to (which is a lot by staff member standards but pales into nothing when compared to anyone in the outside world with general internet access).

I worked on a compilations project with those OSA N/W Orders in 1988/9. Most of them are general OSA issue, with a few restricted to the Intel area.

Paul

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Bob Adams - Scientology International VP -- Update April 2015

Guess who joined the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce in March 2015?
The "Church of Scientology"!

And who is CSI's representative to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce?
Bob Adams!

Here's a link to specific page @ Hollywood Chamber of Commerce's website: http://www.hollywoodchamber.net/index.php?page=26
Once at the page, scroll to see the little picture of the Chamber's own magazine called The Hollywood Business Advocate.
If you click on the Advocate's picture, you can read the entire magazine in pdf format.
The 'Welcome New Members' section lists CSI & Bob Adams' info on Page 14 of 16.

Church of Scientology
Bob Adams
6331 Hollywood Blvd, Ste 1200
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 960-3500

The timing of this new membership is remarkable. :wink2:

JB

imSPecial

Patron with Honors
Vice President and Spokesperson would be the equivalent in the Scientology pecking order. OSA is department 21 of the Executive Division there is a PR Section within OSA. The Vice President would be the equivalent of spokesperson/ PR .

Their job is to gain acceptance of Scientology by speaking highly of it in the public arena. Spokeshole and VP are one in the same.

I disagree (and with Paul, too). The standalone org board for OSA is set up with its full set of bureaus as freethinker says. And although OSA is a department in the exec branch of the great CSI installation that does not mean that everyone in OSAI is equivalent and nor does everyone (anyone) in OSAI really pay the slightest bit of attention to the goings ons in the executive branch of FCB, except for maybe the person who sits in on Exec Council.

The "Pres" is an executive bureau OSAI posting, with a secretary also exec bureau. An official VP position would also be in the executive branch. The spokespersons are all lower level PR branch - which is a major portion of the Bureau 4 (Programs...or production, if you will, Bureau) along with Invest and Legal. Wendy Beccaccini, Linda Simmons Hight, Tom Paquette, even Karin Pouw and the other odd spokespersons that crop up are Bureau 4 staffers at OSAI...or, like Michael Carmichael they are lower level OSA workers out in the CLOs or like what's her face that is posted at the DC public affairs office. These outer/lower level people also get that title, as do the DSAs. Spokesperson is something far more fluid and less official.

Then you get the times when Miscavige is enraged and sure that OSAI is completely incapable as a trustworthy mouthpiece and needs bypassing and you get insertions of higher order voices. Historically these have been people who are legally appointed to a controlling position (at least by appearance) in a higher level corporate structure such as the roles that the IGs played or even the WDCs. (Of course they're largely in the hole and so...untrustworthy too.)

What is historically fluid up and down is people getting busted and promoted at whim. Mike Rinder was a spokesperson and at times he was at Int and at times he was CO OSA. Same with Kurt Weiland, etc. It just depends on who Miscavige is playing with at the moment.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Lol. Media spokesperson?!?

Not since Tommy have they spoken.

Well, Bob Adams' profile on the Co$ site looks impressive enough, I suppose.

But it does make me wonder what exactly Bob Adams lacks that keeps David Miscavige from assigning him to represent CSI in the media.

Is it the 'has-been' factor? True, Bob Adams' NFL days are long since gone.

Maybe Bob Adams title of "spokesperson" for CSI-front groups isn't really his main job? That's quite possible.

And, as you've pointed out, OneOne, there hasn't been a national spokesrep for CSI since Tommy Davis ruled the airwaves.

For whatever reason, Bob Adams doesn't have enough this or enough that to earn David Miscavige's full support, despite Mr. Adams' many, many years as a hard-working member of Co$.

JB

imSPecial

Patron with Honors
I supervised Heber on part of that 1988 checksheet he was doing. This was when OSA Int was using the Incomm course room in the basement of ASHO for their 12 1/2 hours study a week.

As I think Bea said, the President CSI post is a PR post inside OSA Int. I think "Office of the President" is a department (or equivalent) in the PR Bureau org board. I assume the post of VP CSI is a post within that department, effectively being as much President as the Dwarf allows since I imagine he won't let Heber see the light of day until he's dead. Which would make Bob Adams a fully-fledged OSA Int staff member, privy to all the usual stuff that the non-Intel OSAI peeps get access to (which is a lot by staff member standards but pales into nothing when compared to anyone in the outside world with general internet access).

I worked on a compilations project with those OSA N/W Orders in 1988/9. Most of them are general OSA issue, with a few restricted to the Intel area.

Paul

I agree that, unless the org bd has changed v significantly, Adams is in OSAI, but in Exec Bureau, not PR.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Re: Bob Adams - Scientology International VP -- Update April 2015

Guess who joined the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce in March 2015?
The "Church of Scientology"!

And who is CSI's representative to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce?
Bob Adams!

That's no surprise. The cult has had it's tentacles in the Hollywood Business Community for decades. They are always upping their presence when they feel their PR efforts have faltered, i.e., Going Clear. :)

Hillary Royce has represented the cult in various advisory boards & committees in the Hollywood Business District.

http://onlyinhollywood.org/hollywood-bid/board

Anony

I'm usually a lurker but I need to butt in here!

Here is an interview with Bob Adams from 2009 denying the existence of OSA, haha..

(starts around the 7.00 min mark)
[video=youtube;xg5wkOJtBn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg5wkOJtBn0&amp;l[/video]

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I'm usually a lurker but I need to butt in here!

Here is an interview with Bob Adams from 2009 denying the existence of OSA, haha..

(starts around the 7.00 min mark)

[video=youtube;xg5wkOJtBn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg5wkOJtBn0&amp;l[/video]

Thank you! Extraordinary find. Bob Adams blatantly lying about OSA at 7:00.

Then again at 9:00 his lying crescendos--with forced fake laughter, nervously shifting around in his seat and plenty of facial tells befitting a fair-gaming (tricking, lying) cult fanatic.

Hey Adams, I knew you way back in the day, when you were a normal human being, before you utterly disgraced yourself and became a degenerate liar--for whom the truth could so easily be "....disposed of quietly and without remorse."