What's new

Best night ever in front of the TV

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Came home, saw a package on the table. Some merciful angle had sent me a copy of "Going Clear".

Looked at the clock.....6.30pm...hmmmm decisions decisions decisions. Nope not enough time, because at 7.30 it was GAME OF THRONES OMG OMG OMG!!!

Watched Thrones....OMG OMG!!

Then I put the DVD on.

OH

MY

GOD

It was brilliant. I loved every second of it. It was real & biting & heart breaking. There was not a lot new for most of us, but the way it was told, it's left me on a high.

What a night. :biggrin:

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
Came home, saw a package on the table. Some merciful angle had sent me a copy of "Going Clear".

Looked at the clock.....6.30pm...hmmmm decisions decisions decisions. Nope not enough time, because at 7.30 it was GAME OF THRONES OMG OMG OMG!!!

Then I put the DVD on.

OH

MY

GOD

It was brilliant. I loved every second of it. It was real & biting & heart breaking. There was not a lot new for most of us, but the way it was told, it's left me on a high.

Part 2 - will make a big "religion brake" on internet!!!

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Hopefully The Scientology will not bulk mail millions of fake Going Clear DVDs, stuffed with unenthusiastic near criticism by critic look-alike actors recruited via classified ads. That would be worse than having fake friends, right?

I fully agree on the real show. It was artfully edited and full of people I have been following for years, not in a creepy way but over the web.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Then I put the DVD on.

OH

MY

GOD

What were your favorite parts?

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Emma, can I borrow your copy?

When will the cult finally have a psychotic break and put itself on the Introspection Rundown?

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
It was a fantastic documentary. Very even handed while being to the point and as horrifying as they needed.
So then the DVD must have been the right format. (Fluffy remembers excitedly ordering a DVD from another country once, not realizing she couldn't play it)

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
So then the DVD must have been the right format. (Fluffy remembers excitedly ordering a DVD from another country once, not realizing she couldn't play it)

I didn't know that DVDs from other countries were in different formats and you can't play them here.

Learn something new every day.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've managed to see it twice so far and was amazed at just how well it was put together.:yes:

The "angel" who posted me a copy thoughtfully enclosed a Free Personality Test at Sydney org for me as well - the whole family laughed at that one.:roflmao:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I didn't know that DVDs from other countries were in different formats and you can't play them here.

Learn something new every day.

Yes certain DVDs come with Country codes that certain regionalized players refuse to play - but the solution is relatively simple: Modify the DVD's country code while writing the content to a new dvd or use a player which supports any country code.

So far, VLC has been a useful DVD/video player for me.

RogerB

Crusader
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Dulloldfart

They're called Obtuse Angels.

Paul

Paul, you have some of the stupidest jokes. I mean that in a fun way!

Yah, Paul is a master of the British humour play on words and spellings . . . I had to read his taunt twice to make sure which spelling of what word he was taking the pisser out of:melodramatic:

And for the record . . . I thought it very clever :biggrin:

R-

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Then I put the DVD on.

OH

MY

GOD

I know! What a season opener.

And it wasn't just the info imparted in that documentary, it was the number of people that are going to see it that boggles the mind.