What's new

Residual guilt

Terril park

Sponsor
Actually no, I'm aware that OT VIII doesn't deliver what is promised. Mike Pattinson said as much on the ex sea org website.

I define "the Bridge" more loosely as the existing Bridge plus all the additional research on implants, actual GPMs etc. that has been done by people in the Freezone and which the Church either doesn't know about or chooses to ignore. Perhaps I should have made myself clearer.

I've heard that the origiinal OT VIII from 1969 works fine, and that the current COS one is much diluted.

The bridge in 1980 or 82 had the original OT levels on it with NOTs available as a booster if having trouble on these original levels. They are all available in the Freezone.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've heard that the original OT VIII from 1969 works fine, and that the current COS one is much diluted.

The bridge in 1980 or 82 had the original OT levels on it with NOTs available as a booster if having trouble on these original levels. They are all available in the Freezone.

Interesting. I don't know a lot about the original OT levels except there was one which was aimed at getting someone exterior (OTVI) and another one which was about intention. I've been told though that people got varying results from them; some got on well with them and made considerable gains, others did not.

Amazing that the CofS gets away with charging so much for the "new" OTVIII, if it is diluted as you say.

Veda

Sponsor
The Scientology Freezone is not helping itself by being so Scientologically Standard that it practices sleazy PR tactics, the most recent being the posting of an inappropriate Promo item from Pierre Class 12, and now the assertion that OT 8, from 1969, "works fine." OT 8, in 1969, was never released as it didn't exist (except as hype); it had as its "ability gained" (on the then Grade Chart): "Willing and Knowing cause over Matter, Energy, Space, and Time, subjective and objective." Full OT.

Pixie

Crusader
Veda gets credit for taking a piss then. :p

I thought he meant that having read those words ten thousand times a day that it was enough that we would eventually believe this without question, which from where I'm sitting is the truth!! :yes: Don't be jealous Vinaire.. we all know you are a stellar little white ball of fluff.. :p

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Scientology Freezone is not helping itself by being so Scientologically Standard that it practices sleazy PR tactics, the most recent being the posting of an inappropriate Promo item from Pierre Class 12, and now the assertion that OT 8, from 1969, "works fine." OT 8, in 1969, was never released as it didn't exist (except as hype); it had as its "ability gained" (on the then Grade Chart): "Willing and Knowing cause over Matter, Energy, Space, and Time, subjective and objective." Full OT.

Cool. Here's a thumbnail sketch of what I believe the picture to be, though I'd be interested to find out more from others who have run or C/Sed these levels.

The old OT levels above OT4 were positive gain levels, i.e. they aimed to rehabilitate the native abilities of the thetan. At that time (late 60s) it was assumed that OTIII was "where it was at" from a negative gain perspective, and pcs were rushed up the bridge as quickly as possible to where it was believed the meat of the case was.

So, after that point it was taken for granted you had little or no case left and all that remained to be done was to rehabilitate the thetan's native abilities.

Clearly this was wrong, but contrast it with the current bridge where almost no positive gain takes place apart from the TRs courses. Was it really any worse?

Veda

Sponsor
Cool. Here's a thumbnail sketch of what I believe the picture to be, though I'd be interested to find out more from others who have run or C/Sed these levels.

The old OT levels above OT4 were positive gain levels, i.e. they aimed to rehabilitate the native abilities of the thetan. At that time (late 60s) it was assumed that OTIII was "where it was at" from a negative gain perspective, and pcs were rushed up the bridge as quickly as possible to where it was believed the meat of the case was.

So, after that point it was taken for granted you had little or no case left and all that remained to be done was to rehabilitate the thetan's native abilities.

Clearly this was wrong, but contrast it with the current bridge where almost no positive gain takes place apart from the TRs courses. Was it really any worse?

Well, the Rosicrucians don't seem to have a problem.

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=97934&postcount=6

But then they aren't trying to "run L. Ron Hubbard's case."

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=72944&postcount=3

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=28794&postcount=8