What's new

Basel Protest on 4/25/2015

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here the first report and pictures of the tiny and rainy opening:

http://www.bzbasel.ch/basel/basel-s...-lautstark-gegen-scientology-kirche-129075279

sci3335067.jpg

sci3335063.jpg

I think with these two pictures above there is not a big chance for Co$-photoshooping.
I would assume not more than 300 attendees dragged from all of europe.

And here "Tiny-Fist-Let-Him-Die"-Miscavige:

scientology-chef-david-miscavige-bei-seiner-rede-_002.jpg

I don´t know why always Alfred E. Newman from MAD-Magazine comes to my mind:

alfred-e-newman.gif

Raindrops keep falling on my head:

sci3335065.jpg

And here nearly the same amount of protesters:

sci3335070.jpg

For more pictures visit the link above.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Looks like David Miscavige has been to his hairdresser lately...and gotten some new blonde highlights in this hairdo....:unsure:

mawena

Patron with Honors
Here the first report and pictures of the tiny and rainy opening:

http://www.bzbasel.ch/basel/basel-s...-lautstark-gegen-scientology-kirche-129075279

sci3335067.jpg

sci3335063.jpg

I think with these two pictures above there is not a big chance for Co$-photoshooping.
I would assume not more than 300 attendees dragged from all of europe.

And here "Tiny-Fist-Let-Him-Die"-Miscavige:

scientology-chef-david-miscavige-bei-seiner-rede-_002.jpg

I don´t know why always Alfred E. Newman from MAD-Magazine comes to my mind:

alfred-e-newman.gif

Raindrops keep falling on my head:

sci3335065.jpg

And here nearly the same amount of protesters:

sci3335070.jpg

For more pictures visit the link above.

I think it's worth noting that you can't spot an anon mask in the protest crowd. More evidence that the Co$ doesn't scare people like it used to.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
I think it's worth noting that you can't spot an anon mask in the protest crowd. More evidence that the Co$ doesn't scare people like it used to.

Umm no, I don't think so. If you scroll back to the first page, the protest organizer initially spoke of taking care that no one wears a mask, "or weapons, or lasers, such crap", in the linked article... so I suppose it has to do with anti-mask laws. (We have them here too, and they've nothing to do with Anonymous, they've been implemented because of aggressive anarchists, "professional rowdies", hooligans, just saying. I dimly remember that the police here even tolerated disguised Anons because of OSA... Maybe they un-masked for a moment for the police or something...)

Just a comment on this photo. It appears as if Scientology is trying to re-work it's Nuremberg Rally image into something softer and less threatening. This image looks as if it could have come out of a Ken and Barbie playset for children, with its thin, curved lines, almost delicate...as opposed to the uber-masculine columns filled with the usual endless, nauseating Scientology symbology.

:questions: Or it's just the design. Or they know how toxic and unforgiving the press in that region can be to them, and chose that set design, in an attempt to render the media coverage not that toxic and spiteful. A huge, over-the-top "Nuremberg set" wouldn't have done them any good and would indeed have rendered the press coverage into an outraged shit storm, so maybe Davey had a moment of cleverness. Maybe he considers it a "smart and machiavellian move" and not as "giving in". :confused2:
From what I saw of renderings and glimpses from the interior of this org, the reddish wood simply is an element of its interior, and ofcourse the mountains are a "Swiss" motive. The sets have some design elements in common, but really they look very different, some look "harder", and some look more spaced-out, bolder, than others, but it seems to have to do with the design of the org, and how they seeked to integrate hints to the location, the climate,...

These questions aside, I kinda like the sets. All these colors and patterns! They would be great for a children's show. With a female, Brazilian moderator. :eyeroll:

EDIT:

Never know when a billion in taxes might be reclaimed by IRS. Gotta look not too wealthy.

Now that makes sense. :yes: :giggle:

Last edited:

looker

Patron Meritorious
:hmm:

Beautifully coiffed after his visit to Benzaken's
in Beverly Hills for a little "help" up top.
($4,500 and up for a session with Benzaken)

View attachment 10274
:wink2:

I'm not trying to be adhome, but just saying what I observe;

Is it me or does his suit look like Beetlejuice's jammies? That suit looks thin like wash and wear polyester/cotton not wool. Or it could be Silk.

And, the hair, my goodness is the Liberace Russian Commissar style coming back into vogue? $4500 for a hair cut? I'd say he paid too much.

I dunno... I don't keep up on style trends, nor get to town very often.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I notice that the crowd is not enormous. They will have come from all corners of Switzerland for this event, and some of the crowd proving they are not locals by waving their German flags. Scientology doesn't appear to be booming there. He either has or will shortly be inspecting all the orgs in the area. Brown trouser time.

Basel tram circles around the city going through three borders, France Germany and Switzerland and that's all the scientology people three countries could find?

Or perhaps scientologists are just too weak to go out in the rain.

Jump

Operating teatime
. . .

These questions aside, I kinda like the sets. All these colors and patterns! They would be great for a children's show. With a female, Brazilian moderator. :eyeroll:

EDIT:

Now that makes sense. :yes: :giggle:

Don't know about you, but to me, that urinal behind Miscavige just looks like the wall all the crush-regged donations will be pissed up against.

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
And the horizontal stripes in the background remind me of the King Tut mask...
kingtut.jpg

Do you think whoever designed the set did that on purpose? is that Davey's idea of a "power" image? whatever... its weird.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
And the horizontal stripes in the background remind me of the King Tut mask...
View attachment 10275

Do you think whoever designed the set did that on purpose? is that Davey's idea of a "power" image? whatever... its weird.

I think the normal designer is on the RPF and the new light look hasn't been fully worked out yet. It's still art deco but with a hint of Toblerone and one of those shelters for smokers outisde a factory, and just a little bit King Tut.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
get_img

"We must clear the land": US-champagne Chef David Miscavige speaks at the opening.

http://www.tageswoche.ch/de/2015_17/basel/686403/

ref: the pic of the Idle Morgue Dopening.

Firstly: The spaces they squeeze opening attendees into, are getting smaller and smaller. More squeezed in = looks more like a lot of people, even if the space the people are squeezed into is only a few square yards. Dr Hubbard did not discover this principle. It was discovered by Herr Fuhrerious Popenhauzer.

Secondly: Do you have to be over 50 now to be in Scientology? (see pic)
No. But it helps. You need a lifetime of assets to pay for the ride, once paid you need to have wasted your lifetime assets to be too shocked to face what you have done - so that you will therefore stay on, too numb to face leaving. And if you are not yet 50, you probably are not silly enough to fly across to Europe to stand in the rain with a few brainwashed cultists to watch a midget standing on an applebox making shermaspeeches. Plus, the more under 50 you are, the less likely you are to have glued your eyes shut to internet and television. Older crowd is getting older.