What's new

Basel Protest on 4/25/2015

I'm not trying to be adhome, but just saying what I observe;

Is it me or does his suit look like Beetlejuice's jammies? That suit looks thin like wash and wear polyester/cotton not wool. Or it could be Silk.

And, the hair, my goodness is the Liberace Russian Commissar style coming back into vogue? $4500 for a hair cut? I'd say he paid too much.

I dunno... I don't keep up on style trends, nor get to town very often.

And the mouth.....pure criminal.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just a comment on this photo. It appears as if Scientology is trying to re-work it's Nuremberg Rally image into something softer and less threatening. This image looks as if it could have come out of a Ken and Barbie playset for children, with its thin, curved lines, almost delicate...as opposed to the uber-masculine columns filled with the usual endless, nauseating Scientology symbology.

I'd also think that has a lot to do with the location, Scandinavian design is among the best in the world. Even, the CoS is affected when they came in to put their big gaudy circus tent extravganza - this was the closet to tacky, Nuremberg rally style the cult could find the region. Bad taste and design is a lot harder to find in Scandinavian countries, though the cult still tried their best.

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
I notice that the crowd is not enormous. They will have come from all corners of Switzerland for this event, and some of the crowd proving they are not locals by waving their German flags. Scientology doesn't appear to be booming there. He either has or will shortly be inspecting all the orgs in the area. Brown trouser time.

Basel tram circles around the city going through three borders, France Germany and Switzerland and that's all the scientology people three countries could find?

Or perhaps scientologists are just too weak to go out in the rain.
Thetans have no rain-proof abilities.:biggrin:

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Bad taste and design is a lot harder to find in Scandinavian countries, though the cult still tried their best.

I hope you're not thinking Switzerland is in Scandinavia. But if you were, it's OK if you pretend you weren't. I confess, I probably wouldn't be able to spell Scandinavia if it weren't for spell check.

I think they should have had DM standing under a giant arch of Swiss cheese, or as a pop-out in a cuckoo clock.

Not that I'm any design expert, but I see why people are comparing this set to Barbie -- it has a light, feminine look.

The dreary long and narrow passage where they had the clams packed in looked odd, like it was some back street in East Berlin. I counted between 600 and 900 at the whole affair. That means they'll claim there were at least 5,000 probably.

It's so stupid, the balloon release at the side of the building. And like it really needs to say "Basel," so they'll know where they are.

The local TV gave the protesters good coverage. What other religion would have so many former members protesting the opening of a new building? Probably because of something in the way I have my computer set up, I had to watch the whole thing. Swiss German is always so peculiar to hear.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
. . .
:hmm:

Someone is doing a bit of
international traveling.

View attachment 10273
:wink2:

Well he can't travel too well in Texas with that restraining order so may be international is a little part of the planet left (Texas is so big that has to be the case ;) ) to which he can travel. Is that the Photographer from one of Marty's videos perhaps at the Corpus Cristi airport while he and Monique were being harassed circa 2010? If he is then we can be sure I am sure Ray Jeffrey will realize that DM doesn't even have anything to do with him....he was only strolling past on his way from Corpus Cristi, TX to Hemet, CA and ...wow there was Davey up there staging a different kind of manipulation on a different group. Pure coincidence!!!!! Lol

He should stay in hiding.
OTOH he claimed in court that he does not run the show, he does things like opening new "churches", so, better be seen in Basel.

He should look like an Admiral with gold lanyards and lots of coloured ribbons and medals.
OTOH he claimed in court not to be the Big Boss running the show, so he dresses down, civilian style.

He should have tens of thousands to reflect his tiny magnificence, at these openings.
OTOH tens of thousands of missed withold obnosing eyes would be worse than a raw public opening the OT 3 pack. He would feel worse than pneumonia-afflicted to have to stand with them - all those security breaking SPs staring at him.
So, better keep the crowd small.

He should have a large area where the crowd can be deceptively arranged, then shooped to have impressive pics to show the size of winning when members start grumbling about IAS regging.
OTOH you never know where the SPs are, taking pics, doing sound recording, screaming "David Miscavige Beats his staff" to attendees who have been whispering about The HBO documentary, so, just use tiny space with security-checked-to-the-eyeballs SO and org execs.

You can all mock him, but it's not easy being a sociopathic cult leader :no:

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
"We'll always have Basel..." Who knew Liberace and Dave were such great pals? Oh how they both loved to entertain, Liberace at his piano, and Dave at his org.
Liberace7_zpsbtnj6nee.jpg

Last edited:

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not trying to be adhome, but just saying what I observe;

Is it me or does his suit look like Beetlejuice's jammies? That suit looks thin like wash and wear polyester/cotton not wool. Or it could be Silk.

And, the hair, my goodness is the Liberace Russian Commissar style coming back into vogue? $4500 for a hair cut? I'd say he paid too much.

I dunno... I don't keep up on style trends, nor get to town very often.

It's not a rug, it's a "hair system". LOL.

Nicole

DM speaking to a bed of flowers. I wonder how they perceive his words and how many of 'em will cheer, clap, applaud and ... donate?

The same (boring) procedure as every....

He wants to clear Switzerland, he said. Imo he wants to be a little world ruler, clearing Switzerland and than the whole wide world.:eyeroll:

Strahlend prophezeit Miscavige den Anwesenden die Expansion seiner Organisation: «Heute Basel, morgen Bern, Zürich und Lausanne», sagt er salbungsvoll. Dabei spricht er vom goldenen Zeitalter der Dianetik, welches diese Technologie Millionen von Menschen näher gebracht habe. Nebenbei zeichnet er mehrere führende Scientologen aus, die sich als «Freiheitskämpfer» hervorgetan hätten. «Das Ziel ist, dieses Land zu klären und es gibt kein anderes Ziel», verkündet Miscavige. Deshalb seien sie «New Civilization Builders», so etwa Patrick Schnidrig, Präsident von Scientology Basel.

Interesting article, sorry German.
http://www.tageswoche.ch/de/2015_17/basel/686403/

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Thanks for the link, nichole! Nothing quite like the hilarious google translation - here's a photo caption:

"We must clear the land": US-champagne Chef David Miscavige speaks at the opening." Yep, that's what it says "champagne chef". Who knew?

Later in the article the authors describe Miscavige as speaking "unctuously". A word we don't see used much in our U.S. newspapers. Probably any of the following definitions could apply:

"characterized by excessive piousness or moralistic fervor, especially in an affected manner; excessively smooth, suave, or smug. 2. of the nature of or characteristic of an unguent or ointment; oily; greasy. 3. having an oily or soapy feel, as certain minerals."

Nicole

Thanks for the link, nichole! Nothing quite like the hilarious google translation - here's a photo caption:

"We must clear the land": US-champagne Chef David Miscavige speaks at the opening." Yep, that's what it says "champagne chef". Who knew?

Sektenchef, says the article. Google made there a big mistake (Sekt = Champagne, google believes)... My translation is Cult - Leader. Sekte = Cult, sect, is the right translation. :coolwink:

Later in the article the authors describe Miscavige as speaking "unctuously". A word we don't see used much in our U.S. newspapers. Probably any of the following definitions could apply:

"characterized by excessive piousness or moralistic fervor, especially in an affected manner; excessively smooth, suave, or smug. 2. of the nature of or characteristic of an unguent or ointment; oily; greasy. 3. having an oily or soapy feel, as certain minerals."

If you post here the German sentence, I will try to translate this word correct. I don't have the time right now, for searching it. :)

xenusdad

Patron with Honors
PG: Hi, what do you do to get the tour?
OSA: Ah, we are not going to give the tour to you, yea?
PG: Oh? Why is that?
OSA: You are Mr Griffiths from Ireland, right?
PG: Yea, that's right, so I don't get a tour?
OSA: No
PG: You're open to the public, why can't I get a tour?
OSA: We are... we don't need to discuss this.
PG: We do need to discuss this, open to the public means open to the public, so can I have a tour? Can I have a tour? You're open to the public.
OSA: You're a person who attack (inaudible)
PG: I don't attack you, you're my friends, I have no enemies.
OSA: I understand.
PG: I understand too, I have no enemies. Please can I have a tour?
OSA: No.
PG:I don't attack you. Did someone tell you that I attack you? Because that's not true, I do not attack Scientology, I do not attack Scientologists, who told you that?
OSA: Yea, it's just this is private, private... (inaudible) we can let in who we want.
PG: That's true, thats fair enough, ok, and you're not letting me in? Ok, well thank you and good luck with your ideal org.

[video=youtube;zm6f4vn4Ic0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm6f4vn4Ic0[/video]

Last edited: