What's new

Did Scientology rap artist Chill EB defame journalist Tony Ortega?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Chill_EB/status/592040192053153794

attachment.php

Attachments

• ChillEBOnTony-003.PNG
    ChillEBOnTony-003.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 159

beltway

Bone Idle
Wait, is the claim that he was fired because he lied or that he lied ABOUT being fired? Or both?

In any case, it's nice that CB has the opportunity to learn not to say things like "do your research" in response to a challenge for proof on Twitter rather than on certain fora far less good-natured than this one where it would have earned him a cascade of posts containing massive walls of "HAHAHAHAHAHA" and comments like "THAT'S YOU SPANKED THEN, INNIT"...

mawena

Patron with Honors
I think it's really hard to read into the story of Ortega leaving the VV. Co$ has muddied the water so much with pushing a story of him getting fired for being a bigot. That said, I have read that he was "pushed out" of the VV because he was spending too much time on Co$ and not enough time on his editorial responsibilities. I also read the VV's parent company brought in some higher ups that he did not get along with:

Sorry if this has been posted already:
http://observer.com/2012/09/tony-ortega-out-village-voice/

I have also heard from some other activists who met him that he is very stand-offish and very interested pushing his own brand. But I don't fault him too much for that because he makes his living on an extremely difficult subject.

I think people should consider that he became a known entity to DM and so a campaign was orchestrated to make the lives of people around him miserable and make them turn against your target. That is OSA 101. So maybe/probably he did get pushed out. But you can bet very good money the Co$ had it's dirty little hands aaaaaall over it.

So in conclusion, I think the story of TO is very complicated but I don't think Mr. Chilli Beans crossed the line into libel. He was just talking shit to get a rise out of people. OSA 101.

And it still works very well as this thread has shown...

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Wait, is the claim that he was fired because he lied or that he lied ABOUT being fired? Or both?
Chill EB's first tweet on this particular subject, screenshot above, expressly states:
"The guy is not someone to be considered a reliable source. He was fired as an editor for being a bonafide liar."@Chill_EB on @TonyOrtega94
That statement is clear and unambiguous.

When Chill EB was called on this, Chill EB started backpedaling and trying to make it about something else -- i.e., that Tony allegedly lied when Tony said he quit because (according Chill EB) Tony was fired..

Now, if you read Chill EB's Twitter feed, it appears Chill EB has moved off of the second allegation, and is now alleging that Tony said he interviewed Chill when (according to Chill) Tony allegedly didn't. (My guess is that Tony and Chill talked, but Chill didn't consider it an "interview," hence the denial.)

CommunicatorIC

I think it's really hard to read into the story of Ortega leaving the VV. Co$ has muddied the water so much with pushing a story of him getting fired for being a bigot. That said, I have read that he was "pushed out" of the VV because he was spending too much time on Co$ and not enough time on his editorial responsibilities.
I really want to stress again that this was NOT anywhere near Chill EB's original factual allegation. Again, Chill EB's first tweet on this particular subject, screenshot above, expressly states:
"The guy is not someone to be considered a reliable source. He was fired as an editor for being a bonafide liar."@Chill_EB on @TonyOrtega94
That statement is clear and unambiguous. That is NOT an allegation that Tony lied about being fired. It is instead an allegation that Tony "was fired as an editor for being a bonafide liar." Those are two very different things.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I think it's really hard to read into the story of Ortega leaving the VV. Co$ has muddied the water so much with pushing a story of him getting fired for being a bigot. That said, I have read that he was "pushed out" of the VV because he was spending too much time on Co$ and not enough time on his editorial responsibilities. I also read the VV's parent company brought in some higher ups that he did not get along with:

Sorry if this has been posted already:
http://observer.com/2012/09/tony-ortega-out-village-voice/

There's also this:

"Are you an editor in chief in need of a publication? Well, The Village Voice is hiring. The Voice needs to replace Tony Ortega, who jumped ship/got pushed out of the alt weekly last week and is now focusing on Scientology-related pursuits...Not stated in the description: no more than one post on Scientology per week."

http://observer.com/2012/09/village-voice-seek-eic

But, as far as Chill.E.B. is concerned, he committed libel by publishing in social media, a falsehood that could hurt Tony's professional reputation.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/social-media-online-defamation.html

mawena

Patron with Honors
There's also this:

"Are you an editor in chief in need of a publication? Well, The Village Voice is hiring. The Voice needs to replace Tony Ortega, who jumped ship/got pushed out of the alt weekly last week and is now focusing on Scientology-related pursuits...Not stated in the description: no more than one post on Scientology per week."

http://observer.com/2012/09/village-voice-seek-eic

But, as far as Chill.E.B. is concerned, he committed libel by publishing in social media, a falsehood that could hurt Tony's professional reputation.

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/social-media-online-defamation.html

I really want to stress again that this was NOT anywhere near Chill EB's original factual allegation. Again, Chill EB's first tweet on this particular subject, screenshot above, expressly states: That statement is clear and unambiguous. That is NOT an allegation that Tony lied about being fired. It is instead an allegation that Tony "was fired as an editor for being a bonafide liar." Those are two very different things.

Ya after reading Chilli Beans tweets you guys are right, it was over the line.

I doubt Tony will really care though, this guy is a pretty worthless hack with very little reach. Anyone who doesn't already have a Co$ brainslug latched on doesn't even know who this guy is.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Ya after reading Chilli Beans tweets you guys are right, it was over the line.

I doubt Tony will really care though, this guy is a pretty worthless hack with very little reach. Anyone who doesn't already have a Co$ brainslug latched on doesn't even know who this guy is.

That's true. I suspect Chill's only assets are the hand-outs he gets from the cult to pay the rent & utilities for his apartment in Concord, CA.

Kerry

Patron with Honors
Anyone know if his rap ? or ? is any good?

What are the chances he was on an amends project, he was never going to read anything T. Ortega wrote until instructed to put his priorities on the line.

Anyone know if his rap ? or ? is any good?

What are the chances he was on an amends project, he was never going to read anything T. Ortega wrote until instructed to put his priorities on the line.

If you like this crap
then you like Chill E B rap
It's got no street cred
and only thing gettin' arrested
is the element,
Chill E B's development.

http://www.reverbnation.com/chilleb
MY BEST FRIEND

INTRO: Best friends. We all have one. It’s not a label, it’s a promise.

MY BEST FRIEND, (MY BEST FRIEND)

You’re the best friend
That I never had
Even if I do something wrong you never get mad

You make me smile
When I’m feeling down
You lift me up, you lift me up

You’re my best friend
Always by my side,
If you were Bonnie - then I’d be Clyde

You always seem to listen
And never judge
Never get upset or hold a grudge

CHORUS:

You see my truth
You know my pain
I like holding hands walking in the rain

You’re my best friend
Because you care
No matter what
You’ve always been there

You’re the best friend
That I never had
Even if I do something wrong you aint ever mad

Best friend (best friend)
It’s a title not a trend
All the way from the start and it never ends

CHORUS:

Copyright 2015© kathartic music group

Close

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron

https://twitter.com/Chill_EB/status/592040192053153794

attachment.php

Oh good lord :hysterical: reliable source :hysterical: a liar :hysterical: ?
this is it the best they can do :hysterical:

Can we talk for a minute about the reliable Source of Scientology
old fatso the pathalogical liar who never had a second wife :hysterical:
the tax dodger and fellow who wrote certain people could be lied to
and utterly destroyed because they dared speak out against fatso Hoobard
and his so called religion.

or should we speak of the reliable source of his wife who went to jail
for conspiracy breaking and entering, while the most reliable Source of
Scientology hid out like a coward while his people told lies about him
being innocent :hysterical: and never knew anything about it :hysterical:

really I mean really this is it :hysterical: David Miscaviage :hysterical: