What's new

CoS Does NOT follow its own Disconnection Policy!

Free Being Me

Crusader
Re: ?

So is there a specific hcob that brought back disconnection or is that reinstatement of the policy all just verbal tech or was the cancellation itself 'cancelled'? Hm.
Bizarre. During my time in CoS there was no disconnection policy in place. It was voluntary, which makes sense. Sometimes I'd hear of someone disconnecting but not that often.

Fair Game and Disconnection have always been a part of Elcon's cultist modus operandi from the 1950's onward. Both have never been cancelled. Cult "ethics" regarding "sp's" has never been "voluntary."

pl-1967-10-18-penalties.gif

pl-cancel-fair-game.gif

oec-1-1991-1010-a.gif

spd-28-82-08-13-2.gif

howtodisconnect2.jpg

auditor_35_declaring_people_fair_game_-_1968.png

1968-0306-hco-eo-30-int.jpg

tel_dess.gif

sarafbi1.gif

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor

Maria, Disconnection is as voluntary as anything is in a mind control cult. It never went away. It was just camouflaged.

[video=youtube;CDTW2d6CQNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDTW2d6CQNA[/video]

From Tony Ortega's blog chat from a few years ago:

The poster 'Xenu' in reply to 'Sketto':

Since I worked for HCO [Hubbard Communications Office] during the 1970s, I'd thought I'd chime in with what I personally witnessed during those years.

Hubbard actually did cancel disconnection, after Australia had cracked down, and New Zealand was on the verge of outlawing the cult. Not only did he cancel disconnection, but he also banned Fair Game, sec checks, and the recording of what went on in auditing sessions. Way cool, huh?

The only problem was that the policy letter cancelling those things was only issued to the New Zealand government commission that was considering the banning of Scientology.
[note: It was also mentioned in a few other places, such a PR book written for Scientology, and, and there was a show made of displaying Hubbard's 1968 faux "Reform Code" for "wogs" and "raw meat."]

I oversaw a ton of disconnection during the 1970s, and had to disconnect from a couple of people myself. I personally saw that they continued to happen at major Class IV [now called Class V] and SO [Sea Org] orgs just as they always had. Nothing changed... Sec checks and Fair Game continued, despite the wholly disingenuous sham of policy change.

Andre Tabayoyon, and various other poster here, who were in HCO in the '70s, can easily vouch for me on this
...​

Here's some more from the poster 'Xenu' over at Tony O's at the Village Voice:

...Hubbard was getting a lot of PR flack over disconnection, so he wrote a policy which would help PR a lot without changing anything significant. I'm sure it was meant to be misunderstood by outsiders...

The policy did NOT cancel disconnection, rather it said that 'disconnection as a condition' was cancelled. Now, one might well ask, WTF is 'disconnection as a condition'?

If you dig through some ancient ethics folders, you would find that they would often explicitly state that the subject of the ethics order was to disconnect from one or more other parties who would be named in the ethics order, and that reinstatement to good standing would not happen until that had been done. THAT was disconnection as a condition.

So we stopped naming names of people to be disconnected from in ethics orders. Instead, Type A PTS would be told that they had to handle or disconnect, and if handling was impossible, well, too bad! And people still had to disconnect from SPs... the Nov '68 policy had no real impact other than PR.

___________​

From Volume One of the OEC Course, HCO Division, a.k.a. a Green Volume, from 1974, HCOPL dated 23 December 1965, 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists', and on page two of that HCOPL there is a list of suppressive acts over forty lines long - most of the page.

Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists...

[Such suppressive acts include] public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

[Suppressive acts also include] continued membership in a divergent group; continued adherence to a Suppressive Person or group pronounced a Suppressive Person or group by HCO; failure to handle or disavow or disconnect from a person demonstrably guilty of suppressive acts; being at the hire of anti-Scientology groups or persons...

Disconnection was standard Scientology policy and practice in the 1970s.

When Hubbard's 1968 sham cancellation of Disconnection was seen to have created some amount of confusion, during a period of schism in the early 1980s, a decision was made to issue a reinstatement of Disconnection, but anyone seriously involved with Scientology in the 1970s knows that disconnection was never discontinued. "Handle or disconnect" was always standard practice, no matter how it was disguised or named.

Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder have recently stated that it was Hubbard who instructed Miscavige to have the Policy Letter, re-affirming the practice of Disconnection, issued, and that, in reality, Disconnection had never really been discontinued anyway.

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron

Maria, Disconnection is as voluntary as anything is in a mind control cult. It never went away. It was just camouflaged.

From Tony Ortega's blog chat from a few years ago:

The poster 'Xenu' in reply to 'Sketto':
Since I worked for HCO [Hubbard Communications Office] during the 1970s, I'd thought I'd chime in with what I personally witnessed during those years.

Hubbard actually did cancel disconnection, after Australia had cracked down, and New Zealand was on the verge of outlawing the cult. Not only did he cancel disconnection, but he also banned Fair Game, sec checks, and the recording of what went on in auditing sessions. Way cool, huh?

The only problem was that the policy letter cancelling those things was only issued to the New Zealand government commission that was considering the banning of Scientology.
[note: It was also mentioned in a few other places, such a PR book written for Scientology, and, and there was a show made of displaying Hubbard's 1968 faux "Reform Code" for "wogs" and "raw meat."]

I oversaw a ton of disconnection during the 1970s, and had to disconnect from a couple of people myself. I personally saw that they continued to happen at major Class IV [now called Class V] and SO [Sea Org] orgs just as they always had. Nothing changed... Sec checks and Fair Game continued, despite the wholly disingenuous sham of policy change.

Andre Tabayoyon, and various other poster here, who were in HCO in the '70s, can easily vouch for me on this

Here's some more from the poster 'Xenu' over at Tony O's at the Village Voice:
...Hubbard was getting a lot of PR flack over disconnection, so he wrote a policy which would help PR a lot without changing anything significant. I'm sure it was meant to be misunderstood by outsiders...

The policy did NOT cancel disconnection, rather it said that 'disconnection as a condition' was cancelled. Now, one might well ask, WTF is 'disconnection as a condition'?

If you dig through some ancient ethics folders, you would find that they would often explicitly state that the subject of the ethics order was to disconnect from one or more other parties who would be named in the ethics order, and that reinstatement to good standing would not happen until that had been done. THAT was disconnection as a condition.

So we stopped naming names of people to be disconnected from in ethics orders. Instead, Type A PTS would be told that they had to handle or disconnect, and if handling was impossible, well, too bad! And people still had to disconnect from SPs... the Nov '68 policy had no real impact other than PR.

___________​

From Volume One of the OEC Course, HCO Division, a.k.a. a Green Volume, from 1974, HCOPL dated 23 December 1965, 'Suppressive Acts, Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists', and on page two of that HCOPL there is a list of suppressive acts over forty lines long - most of the page.
Suppressive acts are defined as actions or omissions undertaken to knowingly suppress, reduce, or impede Scientology or Scientologists...

[Such suppressive acts include] public disavowal of Scientology... public statements against Scientology.

[Suppressive acts also include] continued membership in a divergent group; continued adherence to a Suppressive Person or group pronounced a Suppressive Person or group by HCO; failure to handle or disavow or disconnect from a person demonstrably guilty of suppressive acts; being at the hire of anti-Scientology groups or persons...

Disconnection was standard Scientology policy and practice in the 1970s.

When Hubbard's 1968 sham cancellation of Disconnection was seen to have created some amount of confusion, during a period of schism in the early 1980s, a decision was made to issue a reinstatement of Disconnection, but anyone seriously involved with Scientology in the 1970s knows that disconnection was never discontinued. "Handle or disconnect" was always standard practice, no matter how it was disguised or named.

Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder have recently stated that it was Hubbard who instructed Miscavige to have the Policy Letter, re-affirming the practice of Disconnection, issued, and that, in reality, Disconnection had never really been discontinued anyway.

Thank you Veda.

I guess my thread title is wrong! Scn DOES follow it's disconnection policy - one reason it is driving itself into the ground.

I think it should keep that policy in place. The longer it stays in place the more painful to the bottom line. (And the more transparent the MADNESS CoS suffers from).

Free Being Me

Crusader

Thank you Veda.

I guess my thread title is wrong! Scn DOES follow it's disconnection policy - one reason it is driving itself into the ground.

[HIGHLIGHT]I think it should keep that policy in place.[/HIGHLIGHT] The longer it stays in place the more painful to the bottom line. (And the more transparent the MADNESS CoS suffers from).

Tell that to the many here who have their families torn apart by the cult right now. It's easy to make pronouncements when the cult hasn't ripped your personal relationships to shreds.

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron

Tell that to the many here who have their families torn apart by the cult right now. It's easy to make pronouncements when the cult hasn't ripped your personal relationships to shreds.

True. I don't have any family, friends or other contacts with anyone in CoS....I am grateful for that but you are right....It is too easy for me to say.....

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron

It's still voluntary.

Just as voluntary as when you were in.

yup and the dispicable and disgusting use of a persons intimate
relationships in an effort to control that volition ranks down there
with lowest of lows, a form of blackmail equal to holding your children
hostage unless you get back in lockstep across that bridge to total freedom :duh:

:hamster::whipped::puke2::scnsucks::vacuum::gathering::music::eek:nthephone::party::happydance::coolwink:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I seem to remember that in some Policy Letter regarding PTS/SP tech it says "Don't create antagonism."

Hmmm. I wonder if Miscavige has read that?

:hysterical:

That's a doozie, ain't it? And Scientologists will sanctimoniously explain to you and swear that Dr. Hubbard has ushered in a new era of human understanding and love by Scientology's supremely ethical & religious doctrine to never create antagonism.

And, if anyone doubts their pure intentions, Scientology has plentiful other sacred scripture and policies that support and prove their "theta" Christlike behavior, such as:

* "WHAT IS GREATNESS" HCOPL. Here Scientologists are taught by the Commodore that the true and only lasting test of "greatness" is "......to continue to love one's fellows despite what they have done to you."

* The "Senior Policy of Scientology". "Always maintain friendly relations with the environment."​

Scientologists are truly amazing beings, are they not? Have I mentioned recently that they are Christlike?

Yet, never has The Hubbard Law of Commotion been more evident than in matters of how Scientologists act in real life. (Reader's Note: "Real Life" is what happens after the Scientologist has just completed a life-changing, mind-blowing clay demo about "WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER CREATE ANTAGONISM". Once they get done line charging, writing a success story and standing up to give their OT wins, they walk out of the courtroom door and promptly the "equal and opposite tech, polices & scriptures", such as:

--- The HCOPLs that mandate "NEVER DEFEND, ALWAYS ATTACK"

--- The HCOPLs that instruct Scientologists to lie, cheat, steal and destroy others in a fanatical religious fatwa called "Fair Game"

---The vast library of HCOPLs that require Scientologists use every day to create as much antagonism as humanly possible by such hate generating idiocies as declaring innocent people "SP" for simply telling the truth, throwing hysterical 4 year olds into chain lockers for days, bankrupting their fellow Scientologists, disconnecting families, relatives and children from parents, physically assaulting staff, kidnapping, imprisoning & psychologically torturing senior scientologists for the sadistic pleasures of the church leader, "dead agenting" anyone who dares Scientology's dark secrets and felonies with lie-filled manifestos in "Freedom" magazine, hate-websites & vicious attack videos designed to destroy whistleblower's reputation and career.

Sure, Scientologists love to brag about their "don't create antagonism" technology, but they are nonetheless spreading their insidious form of hate (i.e. "antagonism") like wildfire across the world--all while proclaiming that they are creating a "world without war, insanity and criminality".

"Don't create antagonism". Promoted by a terrorist group. No problem there, it's Scientology, so it doesn't have to make sense.

Veda

Sponsor

yup and the dispicable and disgusting use of a persons intimate
relationships in an effort to control that volition ranks down there
with lowest of lows, a form of blackmail equal to holding your children
hostage unless you get back in lockstep across that bridge to total freedom :duh:

:hamster::whipped::puke2::scnsucks::vacuum::gathering::music::eek:nthephone::party::happydance::coolwink:

Yes, it's horrendous. It was never discontinued any more than SP Declares were discontinued.

The brief Steve Hassan video towards the top is, IMO, particularly relevant as a reminder of what we are dealing with when we are dealing with Scientology.

Outethicsofficer

I can tell you disconnection is alive and healthy in the C of S, it is right now being enforced on our family! Today, yesterday, last week and on back until 2009. And tomorrow.

It has literally ripped two families apart, it is ongoing and without an end to it in sight.

Last edited:

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can tell you disconnection is alive and healthy in the C of S, it is right now being enforced on our family! Today, yesterday, last week and on back until 2009. And tomorrow.

It has literally ripped two families apart, it is ongoing and without an end to it in sight.

It continues to work because when threatened, plenty people grovel in and scrape old paint from lockers and write down their crimes and so on. If people inside refused to disconnect and if those outside refused to be humiliated then things would get interesting. But those inside are too zombified to refuse and those outside too afraid to lose.

Gib

Crusader
It continues to work because when threatened, plenty people grovel in and scrape old paint from lockers and write down their crimes and so on. If people inside refused to disconnect and if those outside refused to be humiliated then things would get interesting. But those inside are too zombified to refuse and those outside too afraid to lose.

true, but I think times are a changing, the tide is shifting and rather rapidly now as opposed to the 1950's-2000's. The UTR folks know to not get declared SP or PTS (thanks to folks that have spoken out and told their stories) which results in disconnection, thus UTR, but these folks put in their little dings like take a look at this, and what do think about this comment or this policy, are we really expanding as the COS says? etc.

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
true, but I think times are a changing, the tide is shifting and rather rapidly now as opposed to the 1950's-2000's. The UTR folks know to not get declared SP or PTS (thanks to folks that have spoken out and told their stories) which results in disconnection, thus UTR, but these folks put in their little dings like take a look at this, and what do think about this comment or this policy, are we really expanding as the COS says? etc.

Sorry to be so hopeless but I don't know what UTR is!

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Hopeless??? Why the fuck would you use that word in that context? When you've asked 100 times or so what UTR means and after you've received about 100 correct answers but still don't get it, "hopeless" might be an appropriate description for you.

Anyway, Elronius already explained it - so you either accept his/her explanation, or you get happy with being called "hopeless". :p: :stickpoke:

Gib

Crusader

Sorry for the usage, here's my explanation, and it is a good question to ask, my apologies.

It means somebody who is not declared SP or PTS, but who is still a member in good standing, but is out of the mindset, brainwashing, hypnosis, persuasion (Rhetoric) of Hubbard, or whatever word one wishes to use.

And a UTR is somebody who has a comm line to somebody who is in, whether that be friends, family, etc.

a UTR is somebody who can introduce critical thinking into Hubbard's model of life,

or a UTR is somebody who has the potential to introduce critical thinking.

I am a UTR.

Last edited:
Hopeless??? Why the fuck would you use that word in that context? When you've asked 100 times or so what UTR means and after you've received about 100 correct answers but still don't get it, "hopeless" might be an appropriate description for you.

Anyway, Elronius already explained it - so you either accept his/her explanation, or you get happy with being called "hopeless". :p: :stickpoke:
I was going to milk the UTR definition for all it's worth, but, it would be moot.

Mimsey

LTKAa4xTa.jpeg

Elronius of Marcabia

Scientology cuts a person off at the roots, first no physical self that is anything more than a meatstick
and then going up a little higer cutting your intimate connections by convincing a person they can't
even share the details or talk about your "case".

Now that part of humanity is severed or at least blunted and made less important, their given a choice
their "eternity" or these less important things like friends and familly and your posessions.

Mest whore. family man. pts to the middle class, homo sap all the little duragatory insults wielded to cut
you in the middle section and install that dedicated Scientologist glare in place of your personality and now
you can be like Tom Cruise "the most dedicated scientologist DM knows :hysterical:

The glee of insanity that pours off Tom Cruise is downright scary:omg: if it wer'nt so freakin funny:hysterical:
I could'nt watch him for 2 seconds.