What's new

CoS Does NOT follow its own Disconnection Policy!

Gib

Crusader
Scientology cuts a person off at the roots, first no physical self that is anything more than a meatstick
and then going up a little higer cutting your intimate connections by convincing a person they can't
even share the details or talk about your "case".

Now that part of humanity is severed or at least blunted and made less important, their given a choice
their "eternity" or these less important things like friends and familly and your posessions.

Mest whore. family man. pts to the middle class, homo sap all the little duragatory insults wielded to cut
you in the middle section and install that dedicated Scientologist glare in place of your personality and now
you can be like Tom Cruise "the most dedicated scientologist DM knows :hysterical:

The glee of insanity that pours off Tom Cruise is downright scary:omg: if it wer'nt so freakin funny:hysterical:
I could'nt watch him for 2 seconds.

do you know Maria was once a C/S from Miami and trained with David Mayo?

she has also written several blogs here on ESMB.

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hopeless??? Why the fuck would you use that word in that context? When you've asked 100 times or so what UTR means and after you've received about 100 correct answers but still don't get it, "hopeless" might be an appropriate description for you.

Anyway, Elronius already explained it - so you either accept his/her explanation, or you get happy with being called "hopeless". :p: :stickpoke:

Oh shit I guess that picture from the early 70's could be seen as a flat chested girl :hysterical:

I'm a guy MrNobody damn now I need a new picture :yes: or maybe I'll change my name to Pat :)

Gib

Crusader
:lol: Well, if writing Blogs makes one a better human being, I can assure you that I could become a super-human within minutes.

MrN, putting 500 Blog posts into his To-Do-Lists

Yah gots to do some due diligence on posters here.

Maria ain't promoting super-human. WTF.

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry for the usage, here's my explanation, and it is a good question to ask, my apologies.

It means somebody who is not declared SP or PTS, but who is still a member in good standing, but is out of the mindset, brainwashing, hypnosis, persuasion (Rhetoric) of Hubbard, or whatever word one wishes to use.

And a UTR is somebody who has a comm line to somebody who is in, whether that be friends, family, etc.

a UTR is somebody who can introduce critical thinking into Hubbard's model of life,

or a UTR is somebody who has the potential to introduce critical thinking.

I am a UTR.

So sorry you must be UTR. :)

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
It continues to work because when threatened, plenty people grovel in and scrape old paint from lockers and write down their crimes and so on. If people inside refused to disconnect and if those outside refused to be humiliated then things would get interesting. But those inside are too zombified to refuse and those outside too afraid to lose.

The SO member does not have the luxury of TV, internet, social media ... they are so removed from life and what the heck is going on that it's so easy to be controlled, fed bs and through indoc on tech disconnect from loved ones. After all, as an SO member it gets down to survival and self preservation. In the SO the term 'external influence' is commonly used; and to the point of having any personal items such as photo's of loved ones, gifts from family members etc taken to enforce a controlled environment.

I'm not too sure what you mean by 'if people outside refuse to get humiliated'. Humiliated by what a cult , a loved one in.... do you mean ashamed because they have been involved and believed in a cult.

I've sacrificed a shit load for this cult ... I'm not afraid to lose ... I've lost ... I'm still fighting and will continue until I have my daughter home ... disconnection is a destructive and controlling mechanism.

Last edited:

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
The SO member does not have the luxury of TV, internet, social media ... they are so removed from life and what the heck is going on that it's so easy to be controlled, fed bs and through indoc on tech disconnect from loved ones. After all, as an SO member it gets down to survival and self preservation. In the SO the term 'external influence' is commonly used; and to the point of having any personal items such as photo's of loved ones, gifts from family members etc taken to enforce a controlled environment.

I'm not too sure what you mean by 'if people outside refuse to get humiliated'. Humiliated by what a cult , a loved one in.... do you mean ashamed because they have been involved and believed in a cult.

I've sacrificed a shit load for this cult ... I'm not afraid to lose ... I've lost ... I'm still fighting and will continue until I have my daughter home ... disconnection is a destructive and controlling mechanism.

I was thinking of that exec, unnamed as far as I know who was ordered to clean a floor with his tongue.
That is demeaning in my book and treats a person as if they were not even a human being.

I hope you get your daughter home. :rose:

I am so thankful I left long before having children. For those who have whole families inside - what a nightmare.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Labeled by both contemporaries and historians as "the grandest society of merchants in the universe", the English East India Company would come to symbolize the dazzlingly rich potential of the corporation, as well as new methods of business that could be both brutal and exploitative.[12] On 31 December 1600, Queen Elizabeth I granted the company a 15-year monopoly on trade to and from the East Indies and Africa.[13] By 1611, shareholders in the East India Company were earning a return on their investment of almost 150 per cent. Subsequent stock offerings demonstrated just how lucrative the Company had become. Its first stock offering in 1613–1616 raised £418,000, its second in 1617–1622 raised £1.6 million.[14]

British.Imperialism.png

What caused the abuse was not so much that the East India Company was a corporation, but that it was an entity given a legal monopoly by the government. The abuse comes from cronyism between government and private business, and would have been just as bad if it was a regular partnership

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Maria, what HCOB are you quoting here?

There was a complete reversal of how to handle SPs in 1983. Miscavige ordered a PL to be written reinstating disconnection and even giving HCO the power to enforce it. It was signed LRH but I doubt he even knew about it. Prior to that, you handled all PTS sits and they were indeed 100% handleable. So this whole disconnection thing is a way to keep the sheeple in line. Nothing to do with them being PTS. Losing your family and friends and business associates is a huge threat.

It's all about keeping people in line. The other thing used is the threat of sec-checking -- not so much because of what they may or may not uncover, but because they make you pay for sec-checking at auditing rates. It becomes a way to heavily fine people for having a disliked opinion.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Re: ?

Well, let's see. Disconnection - along with Fair Game - was cancelled by L. Ron Hubbard in 1968. Right?

SPs made people PTS and, with PTS handling, there was no need to disconnect from SPs any more.

So, after that time and before 1983, an SP, such as internally declared Scientology SP, Eileen Vernjack, would have been able to freely associate with Scientologists, marry a Scientologist, go into business with a Scientologist, or run a group in which Scientologists were members.

And an external SP, such as, for example, Paulette Cooper, would have been able to freely associate with Scientologists, marry a Scientologist, go into business with a Scientologist, or run a group in which Scientologist were members.

?

During the 1970's and early 1980's, the push was to "handle", but that was primarily aimed at antagonistic non-Scn family members who might cause trouble if you simply disconnected. The GO really wanted to avoid flaps at all costs. If somebody was already causing trouble, or if it was somebody the GO wasn't worried about, then disconnection was likely to be recommended.

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maria, what HCOB are you quoting here?

There was a complete reversal of how to handle SPs in 1983. Miscavige ordered a PL to be written reinstating disconnection and even giving HCO the power to enforce it. It was signed LRH but I doubt he even knew about it. Prior to that, you handled all PTS sits and they were indeed 100% handleable. So this whole disconnection thing is a way to keep the sheeple in line. Nothing to do with them being PTS. Losing your family and friends and business associates is a huge threat.

By now you saw all the citations of the policies here on the thread. And yes. Hubbard along with many signed things they did not read, for the greater good!! Of course.

What caused the abuse was not so much that the East India Company was a corporation, but that it was an entity given a legal monopoly by the government. The abuse comes from cronyism between government and private business, and would have been just as bad if it was a regular partnership
Yeah. I remember hearing a piece on NPR some years ago that tore into corporations - it made a point that (and I am not sure how true this still is) it's a vehicle for making a lot of money. The reporter was saying that following the Japanese corp. model would be a lot saner - the various hierarchy within the corp. all have their pay in set ratios - meaning the ceo gets paid x times the pay of the lowest paid person. I no longer remember the numbers. So if the janitor was making $400/wk the ceo would be pegged at 10x ( $4000 wk -$208K yr) or whatever the ratio was.

This acted as a stabilizing factor, cut back on the greed, and created fairness in the corporate world. I have a friend - he was a VP / architect at a savings and loan or land development company ( I can't recall exactly which) The ceo wanted to make more money, he cut the mid level jobs, and had their juniors replace the execs he cut without paying them a commensurate amount. My friend was part of the purge.

That could never have happened in the Japanese model. The replacements would have had a pay raise proportionate to the post they held.

Another bone - when I was a kid I had some General Dynamics stock and I used to get quarterly dividends. When I got my inheritance - before I pissed it away at flag, none of the stock ( and it was grade a stock) paid a penny in dividends. Why? Those companies were making a profit.

Mimsey

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
It's all about keeping people in line. The other thing used is the threat of sec-checking -- not so much because of what they may or may not uncover, but because they make you pay for sec-checking at auditing rates. It becomes a way to heavily fine people for having a disliked opinion.

And this sec-checking threat is what is being highlighted with public each time they are in the ogres, making it really hard for them, audebting is custom made to be very expensive. So, even in doubting condition and financially tapped-out, it's make no waves....no waves:unsure:.....
Shewolf.

Maria Cuervo

Gold Meritorious Patron
And this sec-checking threat is what is being highlighted with public each time they are in the ogres, making it really hard for them, audebting is custom made to be very expensive. So, even in doubting condition and financially tapped-out, it's make no waves....no waves:unsure:.....
Shewolf.

One of many other forms of confession, now evolved into Facebook rant, all useless to a being. in Scientology it's an expensive security protocol. Novelty is that the believer pays to undergo the lie detector. Historically the relief felt in confession is that the confessor stops the torture once he hears whatever he wants to hear.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Historically the relief felt in confession is that the confessor stops the torture once he hears whatever he wants to hear.

Exactly - this is what makes that cult an abomination.

One pays a package deal fee to be tortured, to be a slave staff, to be police polygraphed, to be emprisonned when experiencing a mental collapse as a result of such torture, and one pays to be forced to confess crimes he\she never committed and pays amends to repair the never-commited pseudo crimes ...

Some of the slavers, long time ago, would pay for medical bills and would allow a cabin for the slaves. The coud usually get sufficient sleep and they were allow to raise children as futur slaves. Some or many slavers would punish them with beatings, some wouldn't do it.
But never they were billed to be either tortures or punished.

There were slavers who behave like the scumb of the earth - but the most scumb of the earth wouldn't ''order'' slaves to buy them a christmas gift instead of clothes for them with the few pennies put aside all year long.
Apparently they were left with a shadow of proudness if no humanity left.

I never seen in my life a totalitarian suppressive criminal cult or governement who have people to buy either intensives of torture and journey to emprisonment (introspection rd) - polygraphed interrogatories or be given a free loader bill when they escape a labour camp prison :confused2:

It's like you must deserve to buy such abuse...thus in a mind..it's not abuse..it worth a lot of money.....I knew $cientologists public who demanded to be enrolled on RPF and put money aside for it :omg:

Well done LRH!

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
One of many other forms of confession, now evolved into Facebook rant, all useless to a being. in Scientology it's an expensive security protocol. Novelty is that the believer pays to undergo the lie detector. Historically the relief felt in confession is that the confessor stops the torture once he hears whatever he wants to hear.

:omg: Maria, you sure bring up some interesting perspectives. So very true! :thumbsup:

It annoys the heck out of me that COS masks these interrogations as "church confessionals" and pretends there is anything in common with the Catholic Church about it, beyond the medieval torture during the Crusades when they were hunting witches and heretics.

But that wasn't New Testament, either, and Jesus' concept of confession was never about intimidation and torture.

One of my Jewish friends once told me, "I wish I were Catholic."

Puzzled, I asked him why he'd say such a thing.

He said, "Because in your religion, all you have to do is believe and you are forgiven. There is no judgement, no amends, no guilt. You say a few prayers as penance, turn to Jesus and you're forgiven. You believe, say you're sorry and it's over. What could be easier?"

It took literally years for me to reconcile that concept. Could someone do horrible things all their lives, then just before they die, ask to be forgiven and have a clean slate? Every Christian I asked said yes, but that made no sense to me.

Then it finally dawned on me one day how it all worked and what a gorgeous, singular concept for a religion.

It wasn't about saying the words. It was about having a true change of heart and humility, admitting one was flawed and accepting that there was a person or power far more good and perfect than one's self and desiring with all one's mind, heart and spirit to become better, more good, and to put the work and effort into it.

To the atheists - having a role model of integrity is a bit similar. Sociology studies say that the worst, most violent criminals do not answer to anyone for anything and consider themselves to singularly set their own rules and laws. They see themselves as above society and others, answerable to no one but themselves. These are the characteristics of a psychopath.

So if someone has a true change of heart in a true confession, the past is erased. It's gone. It's forgiven, they are not judged and they do not have to carry the guilt.

Christianity is truly a beautiful religion. How many of us have enough love in our hearts to heal another's heart and past?

Sure, there's a lot of controversy and discussion about how people should pay legally and make things up and what is right or wrong. But here I'm only talking about the spiritual aspect, and it's quite a beautiful, pure concept.

Scientology is nothing like that. As you pointed out, it's more of an exercise of of medieval Inquisition, torture, blackmail and corporate control.