What's new

Reviews and Media on HBO Documentary Going Clear

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

CP: The abuse you allege took place in the church — would big celebrity followers like Tom Cruise know about that happening?

Gibney: He knows about it. Cruise claims to have read (Wright)'s book and says he found it "boring."

Cruise finds a book about his his own planet clearing passion and religion boring? Really? LOL?

Isn't "boredom" while reading a bad indicator? What happened to all Mr. Cruise's claims about being cured of his learning disabilities like dyslexia, which inhibits the ability to decode language as well as "aberrating" reading comprehension? It appears that, despite claims to the contrary, our intrepid Scientology hero's "study case" remains very unhandled.

I wonder what Cruise's very first MISUNDERSTOOD WORD in Wright's book was? Let me guess--it is the word "CULT".

REASON: The Hubbard Law of 10 (ref: The Stupid Thread)

HUBBARD'S LAW OF 10: Even if a Scientologist had 10 dictionaries, 10 word clearers and 10 pounds of clay, they still could not possibly understand it. Because of the 10 points of KSW. [Example: A Scientologist could not possibly understand or "clear" the definition of the word "cult" or for that matter, the word "Clear" itself. ]

def.
eternity -noun: The amount it takes for a Scientologist to get a pass on their clay demo of the word "cult".

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mike Rinder and Mark Bunker give some facts about Clearwater to the Daily Mail who use it as an excuse to promote "Going Clear"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oom-pay-100-000-learn-super-human-powers.html

Daily Mail ranking Globally from Alexa (An Amazon Company)
dailyMail.alexa.jpg

Last edited:

apple

Patron Meritorious
Karen thank you for posting the Daily Mail article. With all these buildings that Scientology owns in Clearwater they would need many staff to upkeep this property. Do they have that many staff there or are the building just empty shells with no or few people in them?

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Karen thank you for posting the Daily Mail article. With all these buildings that Scientology owns in Clearwater they would need many staff to upkeep this property. Do they have that many staff there or are the building just empty shells with no or few people in them?

Some 600 to 700 of their 1500 "Sea Org" members in Clearwater are Russian.

Their passports have been confiscated. They work like slaves with little knowledge of Scientology or who they working for.

According to reports, recruiters were sent to Russia to woo Russians to "go to America" "to work in an American Hotel" and thus these hapless slaves committed and were scooped up.

OSA Legal in Clearwater arranged their "Religious Visas"
These Russians do the grunt work of bed making, room cleaning, galley cleaning, providing 1500 crew plus all the public 3 meals a day and the washing up thereof.

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Karen, 155 crew? I would think it was more?

Their passports have been confiscated. They work like slaves with little knowledge of Scientology or who they working for.

According to reports, recruiters were sent to Russia to woo Russians to "go to America" "to work in an American Hotel" and thus these hapless slaves committed and were scooped up.

These Russians do the grunt work of bed making, room cleaning, gallery cleaning, providing 155 crew 3 meals a day and the washing up thereof.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Karen, 155 crew? I would think it was more?

Thanks for catching that typo.
I amended to have it make sense.

A Russian Embassy official needs to be given independent access to his fellow countrymen working as slaves at the Flag Land Base.

Last edited:

ABOUT THIS AUTHOR
Rachel Browne

While Rachel Browne has no religious beliefs of her own, she's fascinated by those who do. Aside from religion, she writes on human trafficking and human rights. She has also written for the National Post, VICE, and the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

Yes. The media is really starting to get this.

Hubbard had hoped that the practices of Scientology would be so bizarre, so audacious and outlandish that people would not be able to confront them until it was too late. Until Scientology as the one that made the rules.

It's not too late.
You know, I seem to recall that he didn't really want a lot of publicity - and in a way it makes a lot of sense. If you are out of the media's eyes, you can fleece people with impunity. With all of the publicity, and much of it negative, you have an uphill battle to recruit newbies who are unbiased. Mimsey

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Some 600 to 700 of their 1500 "Sea Org"
members in Clearwater are Russian.

LOL. Is this some kind of (stupid) karmic joke?

In the '50s and '60s Dr. Hubbard saw Russian Communists everywhere, trying to undermine and "sabotage" his supernatural bridge to OT paradise. The "commies" even tried to bribe him with free facilities and reams of rubles & writing paper.

Dr. Hubbard even found commies in his own bed, writing perhaps the first recorded "Knowledge Report" in 1951 to the FBI on his then second wife, Sara, whom he alleged to be a communist spy. Such was the tech & treachery of the commies that later they were able to entirely erase all traces of this espionage, including the vanishing of Hubbard's second marriage itself as well as his memory of it. Perhaps this is when Dr. Hubbard first realized the phenomena of "full erasure" which he thereafter cheerfully adapted as one of the EPs of each Scientology process?

In any case, for decades communists were the bane of Dr. Hubbard's humanitarian efforts to clear the planet of humans. Alas, now in 2015, his communist nemesis has finally covertly flooded 600-700 commie infiltrators into the very "mecca" of Hubbard's church at Flag!

Ironically, the Russian communists integrated perfectly well with their Western comrades, as all were in "full agreement" with Dr. Hubbard's communal (i.e. essential communist) core, where nobody owns anything and members' productive capabilities are confiscated and re-distributed to the greater good of the party. The lurid headlines read:

Communists Commandeering Commodore's Church!

Gasp! Is this then proof of "What you resist you become?"

Nyet! Simply, a statistically paradoxical quirk of the datum "Even a broken Cult is right twice a day".

These Russians do the grunt work of bed making, room cleaning, galley cleaning, providing 1500 crew plus all the public 3 meals a day and the washing up thereof.

Maybe that's a new twist - the last time I was at Flag they were using a lot of the outer org trainees for that stuff. The orgs couldn't pay Flag, so they did mest work as an exchange. And they had a bunch of Latinas & Latino's working in the hotels, cleaning etc.

Mimsey

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Maybe that's a new twist - the last time I was at Flag they were using a lot of the outer org trainees for that stuff. The orgs couldn't pay Flag, so they did mest work as an exchange. And they had a bunch of Latinas & Latino's working in the hotels, cleaning etc.

Mimsey

Not a new twist Mimsey :no:
Very old slave work business to allow shelter and food to students TTC abandonned by their org!

:confused2:

Not a new twist Mimsey :no:
Very old slave work business to allow shelter and food to students TTC abandonned by their org!

:confused2:
I don't think the orgs abandoned them - I think they were forced to send them by management and their cockamamie programs to get high trained staff in their orgs / missions. If left to their own devices, they would have simply trained them themselves. When my org sent people out to LA to get trained, they had two problems - it did cost the org the money for the org to send them out, and AO and ASHO would try and get them to buy more courses, but getting them back was a problem. Many would come to California and not want to return. That would really piss off the orgs. It got so bad, when I wanted to do some additional training after completing my Class 6 I was denied - I was sent back to my org, and they were less than thrilled, because I was un-interned Class 6, and not a class 8 which they wanted.

No, I think they got trapped there and their orgs didn't have the $ to pay to get them through fast. It's a form of lunacy that Scientology has going for it - because Hubbard rammed this "you're entirely responsible for your own condition" nonsense down everyone's throat, each org was viewed as separate entities, each having to pay their own way. The lowers orgs then became public to the upper orgs instead of being part of the big team to clear the planet.

Mimsey

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think the orgs abandoned them - I think they were forced to send them by management and their cockamamie programs to get high trained staff in their orgs / missions. If left to their own devices, they would have simply trained them themselves. When my org sent people out to LA to get trained, they had two problems - it did cost the org the money for the org to send them out, and AO and ASHO would try and get them to buy more courses, but getting them back was a problem. Many would come to California and not want to return. That would really piss off the orgs. It got so bad, when I wanted to do some additional training after completing my Class 6 I was denied - I was sent back to my org, and they were less than thrilled, because I was un-interned Class 6, and not a class 8 which they wanted.

No, I think they got trapped there and their orgs didn't have the $ to pay to get them through fast. It's a form of lunacy that Scientology has going for it - because Hubbard rammed this "you're entirely responsible for your own condition" nonsense down everyone's throat, each org was viewed as separate entities, each having to pay their own way. The lowers orgs then became public to the upper orgs instead of being part of the big team to clear the planet.

Mimsey

"It is very easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the sense of achievement you get from getting them to work at all. In other words - and this is the rock solid principle on which the whole of the Corporation's Galaxy-wide success is founded - their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their superficial design flaws."

-- Douglas Adams

Good twin

Floater

Cruise finds a book about his his own planet clearing passion and religion boring? Really? LOL?

Isn't "boredom" while reading a bad indicator? What happened to all Mr. Cruise's claims about being cured of his learning disabilities like dyslexia, which inhibits the ability to decode language as well as "aberrating" reading comprehension? It appears that, despite claims to the contrary, our intrepid Scientology hero's "study case" remains very unhandled.

I wonder what Cruise's very first MISUNDERSTOOD WORD in Wright's book was? Let me guess--it is the word "CULT".

REASON: The Hubbard Law of 10 (ref: The Stupid Thread)

def.
eternity -noun: The amount it takes for a Scientologist to get a pass on their clay demo of the word "cult".

Of course TC is using the superior tech of tone matching and tone manipulating. Boredom is just above antagonism on the tone scale. TC is trying to bring us uptone from the antagonism of the book by being bored with it. And now we have risen to interest when we hear TC's response and say WTF.

Leland

Crusader
Of course TC is using the superior tech of tone matching and tone manipulating. Boredom is just above antagonism on the tone scale. TC is trying to bring us uptone from the antagonism of the book by being bored with it. And now we have risen to interest when we hear TC's response and say WTF.

LOL...:p

Of course, TC doesn't mention that he is forbidden to read such a book.....(which is the truth...)

The truth would be that the Cult of Hubbard would attack him, if he read such a book...and talked about it....

Good twin

Floater
LOL...:p

Of course, TC doesn't mention that he is forbidden to read such a book.....(which is the truth...)

The truth would be that the Cult of Hubbard would attack him, if he read such a book...and talked about it....

I'm bored again. Can we go back to being antagonistic?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Lainey finally saw it.

(She lives in Canada.)

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

http://www.laineygossip.com/Tom-Cruise-on-the-set-of-Mena-with-a-gap-in-his-teeth/38597

Tom Cruise's Gap

Tom Cruise is currently in Atlanta working on Mena. Here he is on set yesterday showing off a gap in his teeth, obviously for the character. He’s playing Barry Seal, a real life pilot in the 80s who became a drug smuggler. Seal was supposedly a really big dude. Like 300 lbs. So initially everyone was thinking Tom would gain some weight. Clearly he’s channeling the spirit of the man instead embodying him. This is definitely a gritty character though. Seal is not supposed to be a hero. When he’s not being a hero though, Tom’s turns at being a dick can sometimes be … campy? You know why? It’s because he’s never been good at subtlety.

Emily Blunt talked about him this week in Cannes when she was promoting Sicario. Her performance is getting great reviews. And remember, it was a role that the money people tried to change because they thought it’d be better as a man. Instead, Emily ended up standing up, standing out, among the men. When asked about often being the only woman on set, Emily noted that more work needed to be done to include women’s stories, but that she has worked with many inclusive actors, singling out Tom Cruise:

“I’ve actually worked with a lot of great male actors, like Tom Cruise for example. He is very empowering to females in a huge way. I thought [when I got to set], Oh it’s going to be a boys club. But he was someone who was very much about my character being a girl. It was refreshing.”

As I’ve mentioned before, he’s known for being popular on set. He’s always been kind to the crew, very accommodating to the entire film team, and is really good about being around, even when he’s not needed for the scene, just to hang out, to help, to engage. It’s never the WORK behaviour that’s the problem with Tom. It’s that the other sh-t, the Xenu sh-t, seems so inconsistent with what we know of him as a professional.

If you’ve seen Going Clear, you know of the abuse allegations against the Church. About how pregnant women who were perceived to be challenging the authority of the Church were allegedly mistreated. About how Church members were allegedly made to service his grand lifestyle without fair compensation. That guy isn’t the guy Emily Blunt is talking about.

Terril park

Sponsor
Lainey finally saw it.

(She lives in Canada.)

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

http://www.laineygossip.com/Tom-Cruise-on-the-set-of-Mena-with-a-gap-in-his-teeth/38597

Tom Cruise's Gap

Tom Cruise is currently in Atlanta working on Mena. Here he is on set yesterday showing off a gap in his teeth, obviously for the character. He’s playing Barry Seal, a real life pilot in the 80s who became a drug smuggler. Seal was supposedly a really big dude. Like 300 lbs. So initially everyone was thinking Tom would gain some weight. Clearly he’s channeling the spirit of the man instead embodying him. This is definitely a gritty character though. Seal is not supposed to be a hero. When he’s not being a hero though, Tom’s turns at being a dick can sometimes be … campy? You know why? It’s because he’s never been good at subtlety.

Emily Blunt talked about him this week in Cannes when she was promoting Sicario. Her performance is getting great reviews. And remember, it was a role that the money people tried to change because they thought it’d be better as a man. Instead, Emily ended up standing up, standing out, among the men. When asked about often being the only woman on set, Emily noted that more work needed to be done to include women’s stories, but that she has worked with many inclusive actors, singling out Tom Cruise:

“I’ve actually worked with a lot of great male actors, like Tom Cruise for example. He is very empowering to females in a huge way. I thought [when I got to set], Oh it’s going to be a boys club. But he was someone who was very much about my character being a girl. It was refreshing.”

As I’ve mentioned before, he’s known for being popular on set. He’s always been kind to the crew, very accommodating to the entire film team, and is really good about being around, even when he’s not needed for the scene, just to hang out, to help, to engage. It’s never the WORK behaviour that’s the problem with Tom. It’s that the other sh-t, the Xenu sh-t, seems so inconsistent with what we know of him as a professional.

If you’ve seen Going Clear, you know of the abuse allegations against the Church. About how pregnant women who were perceived to be challenging the authority of the Church were allegedly mistreated. About how Church members were allegedly made to service his grand lifestyle without fair compensation. That guy isn’t the guy Emily Blunt is talking about.

Dustin praised Tom Cruise mightily. More so elsewhere but can't find it.

https://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/movies/bestpictures/rain-ar1.html

Tom seems to be keen on doing his Job and wearing his "hat". A good aspect of Scn.
That he makes good friends with Emily Blunt [I'm in love] and Mat Damon is a plus point,
that he allowed them to take him to a risque sex club " The Box" in London another.

One hopes they knock some sense into him.

Nice interview with them both. Tom was asked how he got over dyslexia
and didn't mention Scn!

"However, Mr. Hoffman found the younger actor remarkably similar to himself.

''We're both very compulsive and monklike,'' he notes. ''When we're shooting, we both like to work out, keep to a strict diet, not go out at night. And he writes his dialogue over and over in his own handwriting - as if they're your own words, until you feel you are the writer - which is how I memorized 'Death of a Salesman.'

''Also,'' Mr. Hoffman adds, ''for the first time I was working with someone who was going through what I did 20 years ago - that first flush of stardom following 'The Graduate.' So we were linked into each other - which allowed us to be rough with each other. There's an emotionality between us that's very difficult to act - that permitted moments to happen between us.''

Dustin praised Tom Cruise mightily. More so elsewhere but can't find it.

https://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/movies/bestpictures/rain-ar1.html

Tom seems to be keen on doing his Job and wearing his "hat". A good aspect of Scn.
That he makes good friends with Emily Blunt [I'm in love] and Mat Damon is a plus point,
that he allowed them to take him to a risque sex club " The Box" in London another.

One hopes they knock some sense into him.

Nice interview with them both. Tom was asked how he got over dyslexia
and didn't mention Scn!

"However, Mr. Hoffman found the younger actor remarkably similar to himself.

''We're both very compulsive and monklike,'' he notes. ''When we're shooting, we both like to work out, keep to a strict diet, not go out at night. And he writes his dialogue over and over in his own handwriting - as if they're your own words, until you feel you are the writer - which is how I memorized 'Death of a Salesman.'

''Also,'' Mr. Hoffman adds, ''for the first time I was working with someone who was going through what I did 20 years ago - that first flush of stardom following 'The Graduate.' So we were linked into each other - which allowed us to be rough with each other. There's an emotionality between us that's very difficult to act - that permitted moments to happen between us.''

"...Nice interview with them both. Tom was asked how he got over dyslexia
and didn't mention Scn!.."

Where?