What's new

'Going Clear' doc on YouTube, finally!

Veda

Sponsor
The complete documentary, safe and clean from computer shenanigans, is now available:

This had already been posted under 'Media Reports', but it may be difficult to find in that category:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...entary-Going-Clear-Prison-of-Belief&p=1038498

A wonderful documentary.

IMO, it would have been even more wonderful if a minute or two could have been taken to mention and briefly quote from Denise Brennan's religious cloaking legal declaration; if Steven Hassan, author of 'Combatting Destructive Cult Mind Control', could have been interviewed for a minute or two; and if Scientology's most revealing single document: Hubbard's secretly authored 'Russian Textbook on Psycho-Politics' - where he inadvertently detailed his own private blueprint for Scientology, as a (his words) "Brainwashing" operation using "mental healing to assert and maintain dominion over thoughts and loyalties" - could have been mentioned.

Perhaps they'll be a sequel where these and other areas will be covered.

Come to think of it, I don't recall any mention of Paulette Cooper, but I guess there's only so much space available.

Any suggestions for content for a possible sequel are welcome.

:)

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
The complete documentary, safe and clean from computer shenanigans, is now available:

[video=youtube;FB_f6vLN9Ns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB_f6vLN9Ns[/video]

This had already been posted under 'Media Reports', but it may be difficult to find in that category:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...entary-Going-Clear-Prison-of-Belief&p=1038498

A wonderful documentary.

IMO, it would have been even more wonderful if a minute or two could have been taken to mention and briefly quote from Denise Brennan's religious cloaking legal declaration; if Steven Hassan, author of 'Combatting Destructive Cult Mind Control', could have been interviewed for a minute or two; and if Scientology's most revealing single document: Hubbard's secretly authored 'Russian Textbook on Psycho-Politics' - where he inadvertently detailed his own private blueprint for Scientology, as a (his words) "Brainwashing" operation using "mental healing to assert and maintain dominion over thoughts and loyalties" - could have been mentioned.

Perhaps they'll be a sequel where these and other areas will be covered.

Come to think of it, I don't recall any mention of Paulette Cooper, but I guess there's only so much space available.

Any suggestions for content for a possible sequel are welcome.

:)

Your points are good ones. There is so much richly devastating information against Scientology, its church, Founder, its policies and fascist leaders--there could easily be another half dozen 2-hour followup documentaries.

My thinking of what to tell a person to literally KILL their interest in Scientology has evolved over time, but in my own top-ten list, 1 of the first 2 that I would emphasize is the COST OF SCIENTOLOGY.

It gets briefly mentioned, in a fashion, in many anti-Scientology books, documentaries and internet sites. But, it bears more than mere mention.

When I talk to anyone who hasn't done Scientology about it, I always drop the M-BOMB right away. The "money" bomb. I deliver it in with maximized "shock and awe" making sure they clearly understand that it costs a "HALF MILLION DOLLARS" to try Hubbard's "Bridge to Total Freedom". That half-million is besides all the other coerced donations for new buildings and other urgent church projects. And I rather diligently remember to tell my slack-jawed listener that about 99% of the people who ever try Scientology end up leaving because it doesn't work

That information alone is normally sufficient to make a wog run the other direction when a Scientologist tries to weave their magic dissemination spell on them.

While my "wog" listener is wobbling back and forth (about to pass out from the entheta engram they just received) I am sure to land the coups de grace and mention Xenu and his 75 million year old space aliens that Scientologists believe are the reason for all of human problems.

All of that usually takes less than 2 minutes.

Instead of letting Scientology "find their ruin" and keeping them enslaved for a few decades, I just advise them up front that Scientology is both insane and insanely expensive. It works! KSW. Keeping Suppression Working.

rich

Silver Meritorious Patron
... but not forgotten. It'll reappear.
There's about 150 listings in the last hour on youtube when you search it. They each have 301 views(funny). Some of the later listings still work. The description area has a link to a membership site for the movie.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
... but not forgotten. It'll reappear.

I had this bootlegged copy taken down, and I will continue to watchdog Youtube for illegal copies which I will
get taken down. I alerted Alex Gibney as well. All copies other than by HBO Docs are rip offs, avoiding to pay HBO where they can see it on HBO On demand.

Those that upload this HBO Doc risk termination with Youtube who are extra tough on full movies being replicated on their site on a theft/rip off basis. This is *NOT* Fair USE !

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had this bootlegged copy taken down, and I will continue to watchdog Youtube for illegal copies which I will
get taken down. I alerted Alex Gibney as well. All copies other than by HBO Docs are rip offs, avoiding to pay HBO where they can see it on HBO On demand.

Those that upload this HBO Doc risk termination with Youtube who are extra tough on full movies being replicated on their site on a theft/rip off basis. This is *NOT* Fair USE !

Except that we can't, in the UK anyway;

http://www.hbo.com/#/schedule/on-demand

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yep. I watched the youtube version because it's the only way I could get to see it.

Exactly. I hope Karen comes back to this thread and answers this one. How are people outside the US supposed to be able to see this?

I can't really complain myself because I didn't take the opportunity earlier when it was easier, but I don't see why people in the UK shouldn't be allowed to see this when the country's historically been one of the major centres for Scientology in the world and Ron Hubbard spent years actually living here.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Exactly. I hope Karen comes back to this thread and answers this one.

The new bootlegged copy will be removed shortly.

All Alex Gibney movies are put on DVD to be sold on Amazon and this one will be available globally.
Every past movie Alex Gibney ever did is available on Amazon and this one is not different.
I am against supporting bootlegged sites.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron

The new bootlegged copy will be removed shortly.

All Alex Gibney movies are put on DVD to be sold on Amazon and this one will be available globally.
Every past movie Alex Gibney ever did is available on Amazon and this one is not different.
I am against supporting bootlegged sites.

You have a point about bootlegging because that way neither HBO not Alex Gibney get paid. However, I can barely remember the last time I bought a film on DVD - digital is the present and the future and I don't watch that many films anyway.

I think it should be available for digital download in the UK, where I and other Brits might be able to access it legitimately and HBO and Alex would be paid for it.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
You have a point about bootlegging because that way neither HBO not Alex Gibney get paid. However, I can't remember the last time I bought a film on DVD - digital is the present and the future and I don't watch that many films anyway. Why isn't it available for digital download in the UK, where I and other Brits might be able to access it legitimately?

Bootlegging stolen copies are the digital form of shoplifting. It is theft. Instead of stealing the object, it is stolen digitally. It is Internet shoplifting.

Because it is not available right now for digital download does not make the Internet theft any less.

I believe Netflix and Amazon will also have it for live streaming and digital downloads. There is so much that goes on behind the scenes with licensing and lawyer issues and legal issues and all this is happening unbeknownst to us, terrific amount of background lawyering and so on causing delays.

For years I have been fighting the (mostly Chinese) bootlegged copies of Thomas Kinkade on Amazon and Ebay. I have a status called "Watchdog" ~~LOL This means I have special software to alert and nuke art fraud on Ebay but I focus on Thomas Kinkade. it has taken YEARS. But there is not one damned knocked-off, counterfeit, bootlegged Thomas Kinkade on either Amazon or Ebay and the triumph is all mine.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
I suppose I should have responded to this weeks ago. Anyway, I'll respond now.

This thread was about suggestions for content for a possible sequel to 'Going Clear'.

Just a reminder, for what it's worth, as that seems to have been lost in the derailment of this thread.

I don't know if the original poster of the original thread http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...entary-Going-Clear-Prison-of-Belief&p=1038498 - featuring 'Going Clear' - knew whether the video was authorized. To me, at first glance, it appeared to have commercials, and I assumed it was authorized. Later, when I noticed that it had been slowed slightly, it seemed likely that it was not authorized.

By that time, some people, living in an area, where they did not have access to HBO, were able to see it.

Time Warner and HBO are huge corporations. Any property of theirs that is on YouTube, that is not authorized by them, will disappear quickly. That's a given.

A bootlegger is not going to wait for something to appear on YouTube to make an unauthorized copy. Bootlegging is big business, especially in places such as China. Rest assured the bootleggers are not waiting for films to appear on YouTube before copying them.

'Going Clear' has been a commercial success. A few people having the opportunity to see it on YouTube - briefly - did not affect that financial success to any noticeable extent.

Time Warner Cable does not need us to police YouTube for them. It has its own people who that very effectively.

So, no harm, no foul.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Well better quality copies of the documentary have been up for a bit, and later taken down by the request of HBO, from multiple video sites.

I think HBO has been kind in not sanctioning the account holders to these posts, just asking for it to be taken down. They understand why people are doing this, and it's importance. Still, they have bills and royalties to pay out of the proceeds. With documentaries, rarely is a profit seen but this one deserves every penny they can make.

In my house, I have never condoned illegal copies of movies and music... I educate my kids on the fact that it's like stealing from the artist, because in the end, it is the writer or performer who suffers. This is just my conviction on the matter. If it were me and my hard earned song or movie, I'd be pissed.

However, when someone posts the latest leak of it here or on Facebook, I always send a link to people I know who have not been able to see it and either can't afford see it in a theatre or get HBO, or just don't have any way to see it period. I send the link with a note to catch it while it's up there because it will most assuredly be taken down. Only a few were able to before take down.

HBO, being the exception to the rule on documentaries, is not losing money on this but I nevertheless understand.

Last edited: