What's new

Flag Order on preparedness

Hubbard makes a big deal in one of the most basic SO Flag Orders (sort of SO advices or policies) about the importance of preparedness. He gives the example of the ship at sea and the motor is being held together by bubble gum and bailing wire (or something Mickey Mouse like that) and how it will fail under stress of a storm. It makes a lot of sense, it's like living in a house with rusty plugged pipes and you only get a trickle of hot water. Eventually the pipes will fail and you'll have an expensive repair.

But this same logic has been perverted to justify the culling of peoples PC folders searching for data to blackmail them with if they leave the fold and start raising Cain. They are being prepared! However, if they really used the logic correctly, and they fixed Scientology technology to the point they delivered actual results, results that were lasting and positive, or even if they were merely honest and said the gains were temporary, none of the shore stories, disconnection, fair game would be necessary.

So the reality is: The Sea Org violates it's most basic policy - it is not prepared for any eventuality - because it doesn't deliver what it promises, (another ignored policy) hence it has to ensnare it's public and lie to them at all costs. Ironic state of affairs - the self touted worlds most ethical organization who's enemies strive to put it's ethics in.

Mimsey

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard makes a big deal in one of the most basic SO Flag Orders (sort of SO advices or policies) about the importance of preparedness. He gives the example of the ship at sea and the motor is being held together by bubble gum and bailing wire (or something Mickey Mouse like that) and how it will fail under stress of a storm. It makes a lot of sense, it's like living in a house with rusty plugged pipes and you only get a trickle of hot water. Eventually the pipes will fail and you'll have an expensive repair.

But this same logic has been perverted to justify the culling of peoples PC folders searching for data to blackmail them with if they leave the fold and start raising Cain. They are being prepared! However, if they really used the logic correctly, and they fixed Scientology technology to the point they delivered actual results, results that were lasting and positive, or even if they were merely honest and said the gains were temporary, none of the shore stories, disconnection, fair game would be necessary.

So the reality is: The Sea Org violates it's most basic policy - it is not prepared for any eventuality - because it doesn't deliver what it promises, (another ignored policy) hence it has to ensnare it's public and lie to them at all costs. Ironic state of affairs - the self touted worlds most ethical organization who's enemies strive to put it's ethics in.

Mimsey

Well if you say they're not delivering what's promised then you're missing the point. They lie! The promises they make are all lies. They make them so they can take take control of your life, your mind and your money.

So yeah, once you realize it's all a big fat lie it's not hard to find problems with statements they make and things that they do. Think about it. It's kind of hard to be honest when the product you sell doesn't even exist. It is in reality the modern science of mind control. That they do deliver.

Well if you say they're not delivering what's promised then you're missing the point. They lie! The promises they make are all lies. They make them so they can take take control of your life, your mind and your money.

So yeah, once you realize it's all a big fat lie it's not hard to find problems with statements they make and things that they do. Think about it. It's kind of hard to be honest when the product you sell doesn't even exist. It is in reality the modern science of mind control. That they do deliver.
Why do they lie? Do you have an answer for that? Why did I spend 40 something years following a dream, trying to improve the planet? Why did I spend years on staff, why did I spend years on the BC, why did I spend years on OT7? Why did I give thousands of dollars to the IAS? Do you think they were lying when they asked for the money? Why did we all work at it so diligently to make a difference?

I am as guilty of lying as any body, but I did not for an instant think I was lying. I didn't do it out of greed, for I saw pennies for my years on staff. Do you think I was trying to brainwash people? To what end?

Mimsey

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Why do they lie? Do you have an answer for that? Why did I spend 40 something years following a dream, trying to improve the planet? Why did I spend years on staff, why did I spend years on the BC, why did I spend years on OT7? Why did I give thousands of dollars to the IAS? Do you think they were lying when they asked for the money? Why did we all work at it so diligently to make a difference?

I am as guilty of lying as any body, but I did not for an instant think I was lying. I didn't do it out of greed, for I saw pennies for my years on staff. Do you think I was trying to brainwash people? To what end?

Mimsey

You know what Mimsey, I spent a few years on staff but in a warped kind of way I benefited, inasmuch as I met some lovely people and shagged a few honeys along the way as well. I didn't spend a penny buying services or end up on a wild goose chase trying to rid myself of any non-existent space-cooties either. Yes, I was used and taken advantage of just like the rest of us, but compared to others I got off quite lightly.

It's when I read an impassioned post like yours above that I realise what an evil fucking cult Scientology really is, the damage it does and the misery it brings people. Thank you for reminding me why I am here on this MB.

Last edited:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Mimsey

Well yeah I know what you mean. Probably most don't know they are lying, and most think they are doing what they are doing because it will help the human race which very much needs it. But the state of Clear is a lie, OT is a lie, and it goes down hill from there.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well yeah I know what you mean. Probably most don't know they are lying, and most think they are doing what they are doing because it will help the human race which very much needs it. But the state of Clear is a lie, OT is a lie, and it goes down hill from there.

There may be a difference in definition here, because my take on it is that by definition if you lie you know that you are lying (and there's plenty of that going on in the CofS as well). Lying in my book always and necessarily involves an intention to deceive.

If you say something you believe is true but in fact isn't, you're repeating someone else's lie or are simply mistaken.

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Mimsey

HCOPL 13 Aug 1970, PR Series 2 The Missing Ingredient:

"When an enforced Communication Channel carries only lies then the Affinity caves in and you get hate. For the R (Reality) is corrupted.

PR dedicated to a false Reality of lies then becomes low A (Affinity), low C (Communication) and recoils on the user.

So the first lesson we can learn that enables us to use PR safely is to KEEP A HIGH R.

The more lies you use in PR the more likely it is that the PR will recoil.

Thus the law

NEVER USE LIES IN PR"

______
Of course, this and following policy letters go on to explain how the truth can be parsed and how Black PR and Intelligence campaigns are conducted.

There is also another policy to the effect that the laws of the country that the church is in should be followed but I can't seem to lay my hands on it.

A person could spend years sorting out the conflicting writings of LRH just with the material available for general distribution, let alone all the confidential instructs. In the end, its one big rabbit hole.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
There may be a difference in definition here, because my take on it is that by definition if you lie you
know that you are lying (and there's plenty of that going on in the CofS as well). Lying in my book always and necessarily involves an intention to deceive.

If you say something you believe is true but in fact isn't, you're repeating someone else's lie or are simply mistaken.

Deception. It starts out after you unsuccessfully try to describe "A History of Man" over Christmas dinner. Then after Vol. 0 on Staff Status I, you realize that the mission is the assimilation of humanity and so begins the ultimate soft sell to every non-Scientologist you meet. Anyone who made it to OT III and denied the existence of Xenu is a galactic class BSer. Will the person who never fudged their stats please stand up! Sec-Check, "No, there's nothing more to that". Having trouble with friends and family - Good Roads, Good Weather (Officially sanctioned censorship and BS). Black Ops? What Black Ops?

Do Scientologists lie?

No.

Terril park

Sponsor

Mimsey

You are clearly one of the good guys or gals.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Mimsey
I seem to remember something about if you prepare for any eventuality it'll never happen, So you drill fires escaping and there never will be a fire. But also you get what you put your attention on, so if you drill fire drills you are causing fires to happen. Every time he picked up a pen he contradicted himself.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

Mimsey

You, like many of us, bought into the promises, hopes, and dreams that Scn was going to improve us and improve the planet. Some people stayed in for decades, with a good heart, trying to bring about the improvement. For some, there was a bit of improvement, but I don't know if it was placebo effect or the Tek. You know, a lot of people "improve" just with age and life experience. Others, hoping for "superpowers", went all the way to the top, only to be disappointed after spending decades and a ton of $$.

It is amazing that so many believed in those promised super powers, without ANY evidence that they existed.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
You, like many of us, bought into the promises, hopes, and dreams that Scn was going to improve us and improve the planet. Some people stayed in for decades, with a good heart, trying to bring about the improvement. For some, there was a bit of improvement, but I don't know if it was placebo effect or the Tek. You know, a lot of people "improve" just with age and life experience. Others, hoping for "superpowers", went all the way to the top, only to be disappointed after spending decades and a ton of $$.

It is amazing that so many believed in those promised super powers, without ANY evidence that they existed.

Now. just. one. cotton pickin minute. There was a tonne of evidence. Millions of written and tape recorded words by megalomanical self appointed Authority of the Mind (I finally understand what Tom Cruise, while in his LRH identity, was spewing on about 'we are the authorities on the mind') narcissistic Conman surely must be all the evidence one would need. Especially since more than 2 actors of the silver screen have said it is all so 'beautiful' and an 'honour' to be living verifiable proof of such words.

Enticed by promises of full realization of one's dreams, cajoled by rhetoric, induced into hopeful action, and manipulated by the fear of eternal damnation if one doesn't aspire to such was what happened IMNSHO.

Re: Red - I wonder if it's gains are because you put the Scio meme into action of being more ethical, honest, etc. production orientated, etc. and generally held a positive "I'm better / OT / not PTS / not a DB " etc. beingness or attitude into play. Plus there were the off and on gains from auditing to reinforce the viewpoint. I don't think that falls under placebo effect. Perhaps it's all self hypnotism - positive thinking - or that Dale Carnegie meme?

I feel similar to strativarius, I didn't have a horrible experience in Scientology - but I felt hugely betrayed when I discovered I'd been had. Why he couldn't aspire to the ideals he preached is totally mind blowing. To just mock up a viewpoint that would allow you to treat people that way, is to see how truly cynical he really was.
Mimsey
You know what Mimsey, I spent a few years on staff but in a warped kind of way I benefited, inasmuch as I met some lovely people and shagged a few honeys along the way as well. I didn't spend a penny buying services or end up on a wild goose chase trying to rid myself of any non-existent space-cooties. Yes, I was used and taken advantage of just like the rest of us, but compared to others I got off quite lightly.

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Red - I wonder if it's gains because you put the Scio meme into action of being more ethical, honest, etc. production orientated, etc. and generally held a positive "I'm better / OT / not PTS / not a DB " etc. beingness or attitude into play. Plus there were the off and on gains from auditing to reinforce the viewpoint. I don't think that falls under placebo effect. Perhaps it's all self hypnotism - positive thinking - or that Dale Carnegie meme?

I feel similar to strativarius, I didn't have a horrible experience in Scientology - but I felt hugely betrayed when I discovered I'd been had. Why he couldn't aspire to the ideals he preached is totally mind blowing. To just mock up a viewpoint that would allow you to treat people that way, is to see how truly cynical he really was.
Mimsey

Mimsey, Its different for everyone, at least by degree, don't you think? The problem is representation. The church expects everyone to sign waivers all along the way and write up detailed personal histories but where are all the church's disclaimers and disclosures? How about a detailed description of what it really is like on staff or in the Sea Org up front. Or the real LRH bio. How many 10s of thousand of dollars before you discover your following LRH's personal BT nightmare and whatever you do will probably have to be done again, on your dime?

Now, if we all went in knowing full well that was the gig then the responsibility falls on us and maybe, as you say, all the real peripheral rewards of working with the team, discovering new levels of tolerance for sleep deprivation and personal sacrifice, and all the real or imagined benefits of the tech could be honestly appreciated for what they are.

Like a reality show. "You should expect to have to eat a bucket of hagfish". "OK, I'm up for that".

There is definitely one super power that is very real: The power to suspend disbelief

Since I have been in since the late 60's, there has been an evolution of Scientology itself. It was relatively cheap in the beginning - for like $400 in 1960's money you could buy grades senior Dianetics through grade 4, power was $500 and the BC was $1500 The whole focus was on case gain, training, auditing. The staff was paid shit money - like $15-$2 / week for a person like me with no training, no staff statuses, no divisional training. As you got trained, did post and divisional courses, had a higher up post etc., you got more points, and thus more pay.

Then, some time in the eighties, it all changed. It turned into a bureaucracy. I saw the handwriting on the wall - it was for the rich. It no longer cared about the average Joe. The prices increased monthly, the IAS was formed. Before that, they believed in the tech admin ratio - they had a good amount of staff in tech and qual delivering scientology. About the time they bought the manor, I found an internal posting base letter - and it showed they had a vast amount of people posted in pac base on admin staff and a few on tech and qual.

That's where I think it started to take a turn for the worse, it became all about the money - actually that's not accurate - it became about jealousy and greed. Hubbard and Miscavage were jealous of the Missions, some of which were out producing the orgs, and were making really good money, and paying their staff well, and in their greed to take that money away from those "sp mission holders" they cut their feeder network.

If they had truly been smart about the money - they would have asked themselves, what are they doing that is successful that we aren't doing? They would have geared up for mass delivery of the lower grades and life repair in great volume. But the dynamic duo couldn't have someone else running it better than they could. So they killed the goose that laid golden eggs.

Then they pushed the ot levels, flag services, the L's etc which had reduced workability compared to the lower levels and when that failed, they switched to all donos all the time with no delivery. Thus it became imperative to build a legal shell to protect themselves from refunding gobs of money.

So the need for lying evolved all along. Hubbard just couldn't accept that the only workable part was the lower level talk healing that the grades and life repair were working and what the public wanted, and the rest was better shelved. Think how different it would be if they switched horses in the sixties, and said Hubbard was deep in super confidential upper level research - and never released a single OT level. A rumor here, another sighting of Hubbard and his super elite squad there, a slick dog and pony show, but they pushed the lower levels, got people training and delivering those talk based processes in volume. Other than the dog and pony show that would never produce fruit, they would never have to lie, fair game etc. It would be the largest self help group in existence.

Think how much richer they'd be, with almost no legal repercussions. No need for disconnection, fair gaming etc. Nope. What's wrong with Scientology then and now is the same sickness - know betterism at the top.

Mimsey

Last edited:

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Since I have been in since the late 60's, there has been an evolution of Scientology itself. It was relatively cheap in the beginning - for like $400 in 1960's money you could buy grades senior Dianetics through grade 4, power was $500 and the BC was $1500 The whole focus was on case gain, training, auditing. The staff was paid shit money - like $15-$2 / week for a person like me with no training, no staff statuses, no divisional training. As you got trained, did post and divisional courses, had a higher up post etc., you got more points, and thus more pay.

Then, some time in the eighties, it all changed. It turned into a bureaucracy. I saw the handwriting on the wall - it was for the rich. It no longer cared about the average Joe. The prices increased monthly, the IAS was formed. Before that, they believed in the tech admin ratio - they had a good amount of staff in tech and qual delivering scientology. About the time they bought the manor, I found an internal posting base letter - and it showed they had a vast amount of people posted in pac base on admin staff and a few on tech and qual.

That's where I think it started to take a turn for the worse, it became all about the money - actually that's not accurate - it became about jealousy and greed. Hubbard and Miscavage were jealous of the Missions, some of which were out producing the orgs, and were making really good money, and paying their staff well, and in their greed to take that money away from those "sp mission holders" they cut their feeder network.

If they had truly been smart about the money - they would have asked themselves, what are they doing that is successful that we aren't doing? They would have geared up for mass delivery of the lower grades and life repair in great volume. But the dynamic duo couldn't have someone else running it better than they could. So they killed the goose that laid golden eggs.

Then they pushed the ot levels, flag services, the L's etc which had reduced workability compared to the lower levels and when that failed, they switched to all donos all the time with no delivery. Thus it became imperative to build a legal shell to protect themselves from refunding gobs of money.

So the need for lying evolved all along. Hubbard just couldn't accept that the only workable part was the lower level talk healing that the grades and life repair were working and what the public wanted, and the rest was better shelved. Think how different it would be if they switched horses in the sixties, and said Hubbard was deep in super confidential upper level research - and never released a single OT level. A rumor here, another sighting of Hubbard and his super elite squad there, a slick dog and pony show, but they pushed the lower levels, got people training and delivering those talk based processes in volume. Other than the dog and pony show that would never produce fruit, they would never have to lie, fair game etc. It would be the largest self help group in existence.

Think how much richer they'd be, with almost no legal repercussions. No need for disconnection, fair gaming etc. Nope. What's wrong with Scientology then and now is the same sickness - know betterism at the top.

Mimsey

The "Solution to Inflation" thing was another of those points where the math and reality just didn't match Elwrong's bullshit. At the end of 1 year the $40 auditing hour was $72. At the end of 2 years $125. It didn't stop until it got over 250. That's Weimar levels of inflation. HGC sales crashed and all of a sudden here comes IAS and your lifetime membership is cancelled because fuck HASI, that's why. Don't like it? How's about a gang bang sec check followed by disconnection from your entire life and future direction. So fall in line, asshole. Lockstep. Hup, two, three, four, your mother is a filthy whore. Disconnect from the bitch. She's just a biological unit, nothing more than a Genetic Entity, really. Get her money first, though. Bring it to me. Don't worry, you are saving this sector of the universe. Tone 40.

A follow up - Hubbard repeatedly said how he didn't live an ivory tower, how he rubbed elbows with the natives. Had he done so, he might have seen what was getting results and what wasn't, what the public responded to. But when you look at America from the back seat of a Cadillac, all scrunched down and paranoid the Febbies are going to getcha, and on the run to California from process servers ....

Mimsey

bda0bac0ce5cdbe4cf678006925b61ce.jpg

LRH
Is it safe?

DM
No, the MFers are about a mile behind you.

LRH
Tell me again - why pink?

DM
You'll blend in.

phone rings - SO flunkie in a black suit and black ford

DM
They're in the pink caddy - just tail them for awhile

LRH
I see them now. Hell. I know, I'll mock up a golden helmet on my head. They'll pass me by

DM
Sips some scotch
Sir, you know best.​

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
What year did the ethics book come out? When did the ethics book turn into the huge tome that it is today?

Wasn't out-ethics used as the why for people leaving or getting no results? Could it be the "preparedness solution" for those realizing scn did not work by using force and humiliation to get you to toe the line?

What year did the ethics book come out? When did the ethics book turn into the huge tome that it is today?

Wasn't out-ethics used as the why for people leaving or getting no results? Could it be the "preparedness solution" for those realizing scn did not work by using force and humiliation to get you to toe the line?
not sure of the year - perhaps mid 70's - here's the original cover. If you read KSW #1 which came out in 65 - it was incorrect application. Plus there were the policies on no case gain /roller coaster = PTS. It never ever was the tech or Ron's fault.

Mimsey

IntroEthicsCover.jpg