What's new

Film from Toronto Getting Clear conference

A brief note on filming before going on some vacation with my wife Gloria:

1. The entire conference was filmed in HD, with a super film crew (producer and three camera guys), professional lighting, backdrop, etc.
2. The 28 sessions of the conference add up to about 30 hours of film.
3. The film is now being edited. Sorry, we could not afford to do live filming and in the end did not do live-switching.
4. Jon and I will be making decisions about film promotion and release in the next couple of weeks.
5. The conference content and the experience was out of this world, as many have testified. Thankfully, the film sessions will ensure the same kind of experience for those who were not there.
6. I am not going to make any predictions about when and how we will release sessions or the entire conference. I do know Jon and I want to get sessions out as soon as possible, without being careless about a product that cost a lot of money that is also a product that we want to use to help as many people as possible.
7. If any ESMB readers know a lot about promotion, platform options (YouTube, Vimeo, DaCast, etc) and so on, please send me a private message if you can help.
8. Jon and I have no interest in getting into details about our private finances related to the conference. In the grand scheme of things, from the start we have had a position of total trust in each other and view the whole conference as a venture of two equal partners.
9. I will keep you posted about filming though both Jon and I need to recuperate from the work we have done on the conference, from the schedule we kept during the conference, and from the work we did in other areas (Jon wrote a small book in the last few months and my book on Jesus and Islam came out the week before the conference started...see www.gettingjesusright.com)
10. Given past claims that I am a spy for Scientology, I hope my work on the conference, the attacks on my employer (Tyndale Seminary) for letting me organize the conference with Jon (Tyndale did not sponsor the conference but supported my academic freedom to do so), and the attacks on me personally from two local Scientology leaders, will put to rest any and all notions that I am pro-Scientology. The conference had a huge impact on me in the sense that it increased my hostility to Scientology's right to tax exemptions unless there is a clean-up on a scale that would make anyone believe miracles are possible.

Thanks for all those who have written kind thoughts about the conference.
Please spread this post to other sites.

Jim

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
A brief note on filming before going on some vacation with my wife Gloria:

1. The entire conference was filmed in HD, with a super film crew (producer and three camera guys), professional lighting, backdrop, etc.
2. The 28 sessions of the conference add up to about 30 hours of film.
3. The film is now being edited. Sorry, we could not afford to do live filming and in the end did not do live-switching.
4. Jon and I will be making decisions about film promotion and release in the next couple of weeks.
5. The conference content and the experience was out of this world, as many have testified. Thankfully, the film sessions will ensure the same kind of experience for those who were not there.
6. I am not going to make any predictions about when and how we will release sessions or the entire conference. I do know Jon and I want to get sessions out as soon as possible, without being careless about a product that cost a lot of money that is also a product that we want to use to help as many people as possible.
7. If any ESMB readers know a lot about promotion, platform options (YouTube, Vimeo, DaCast, etc) and so on, please send me a private message if you can help.
8. Jon and I have no interest in getting into details about our private finances related to the conference. In the grand scheme of things, from the start we have had a position of total trust in each other and view the whole conference as a venture of two equal partners.
9. I will keep you posted about filming though both Jon and I need to recuperate from the work we have done on the conference, from the schedule we kept during the conference, and from the work we did in other areas (Jon wrote a small book in the last few months and my book on Jesus and Islam came out the week before the conference started...see www.gettingjesusright.com)
10. Given past claims that I am a spy for Scientology, I hope my work on the conference, the attacks on my employer (Tyndale Seminary) for letting me organize the conference with Jon (Tyndale did not sponsor the conference but supported my academic freedom to do so), and the attacks on me personally from two local Scientology leaders, will put to rest any and all notions that I am pro-Scientology. The conference had a huge impact on me in the sense that it increased my hostility to Scientology's right to tax exemptions unless there is a clean-up on a scale that would make anyone believe miracles are possible.

Thanks for all those who have written kind thoughts about the conference.
Please spread this post to other sites.

Jim

Jim,
I hope you realize how completely successful the Conference was.

You and Jon organized a remarkably informative, highly stimulating, educational event.
You assembled, for the first time ever, the most knowledgable, most comprehensive gathering of witnesses and primary sources ever, and for one glorious week, the truth flowed with the natural force of Niagra's waters.

I think Mark Bunker is knowledgable in the areas you mentioned. I'd suggest you reach out to him.

And finally, you are owed an apology by anyone who may have accused you of being a spy for Scientology. This world needs more "spies" like you; people of conscience, intellect, and courage.

Enjoy your well deserved vacation!

Best,

Len

Jim,
I hope you realize how completely successful the Conference was.

You and Jon organized a remarkably informative, highly stimulating, educational event.
You assembled, for the first time ever, the most knowledgable, most comprehensive gathering of witnesses and primary sources ever, and for one glorious week, the truth flowed with the natural force of Niagra's waters.

I think Mark Bunker is knowledgable in the areas you mentioned. I'd suggest you reach out to him.

And finally, you are owed an apology by anyone who may have accused you of being a spy for Scientology. This world needs more "spies" like you; people of conscience, intellect, and courage.

Enjoy your well deserved vacation!

Best,

Len

Thanks, Len.

For those who want to donate for filming and other conference expenses, there are 3 options:

You can pay by wire transfer to the Royal Bank of Canada account reserved for the conference:
Transit 03832
Basic Acct no. 4506234
SWIFT code ROYCCAT2

or
You can send a U.S. money order payable to James A. Beverley to:
Rebekka Paul (Getting Clear conference administrator)
4825 Green Road, Hampton On, L0B 1J0, Canada

or
If you prefer Pay Pal, use [email protected]

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I just posted on the other conference thread about covering film costs:

Wonderful to see you here Jon!

I agree with everything you say and I think there should be a serious fund raising via Go Fund Me or a similar site.

This event has been described as "The Woodstock for for anti-Scientology activists" and with the right publicity I am sure we can all help in some way.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...thers-Update&p=1048061&viewfull=1#post1048061

It might be an idea to keep all the information on one thread, the moderators can help with this.