What's new

Toronto conference with Jon Atack and others: Update

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I've read multiple conflicting explanations.

Apparently, Jim Beverley owns the copyright. What will happen when people who gave talks want to post their talks, and others' talks, on their sites remains to be seen.

It would be a shame if the 30 hours of talks were not available for broad public examination on places such as YouTube.

Jim and Jon Atack are both involved in the decisions on this and they have yet to be made last I heard from them on this. That was after the event ended. As I understand it, there is some editing that needs to be done first, regardless of what occurs in how it's going to be presented. I do know that it will be available in some form at some time in the near future for the general public.

Jim and Jon Atack are both involved in the decisions on this and they have yet to be made last I heard from them on this. That was after the event ended. As I understand it, there is some editing that needs to be done first, regardless of what occurs in how it's going to be presented. I do know that it will be available in some form at some time in the near future for the general public.

See the new thread I started at http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?39848-Film-from-Toronto-Getting-Clear-conference

jon atack

. . .
Does anyone know when YouTube videos or DVDs
of the event will be available? What's the plan?

View attachment 10698

Edit:
Chris Shelton in his most recent video mentioned
the event would not be a YouTube release, but rather
a product that could be purchased. Pay-to-stream or
DVDs, I'm guessing. He said there was about 30 hours
of speaker content. (Might take a bit to edit and package
all of that, I'm thinkin'.)

My 11-DVD box set shoop earlier was a pretty good guess. :coolwink:

PS: Idea
. . . publish all the videos on a USB memory stick
that people could purchase from you and play on their
computers. Easy to produce and mail.

We used three TV HD cameras and are editing the mass of footage. We still need to make arrangements with all of our participants regarding publication, but at the moment intend to issue on supervimeo for a few bucks a session (Prof Jim laid out a small fortune for the seminar and we must recoup as much as we can, unless some wealthy patron wants to step up. Does anyone have Bob Duggan's number?). We will issue session by session and eventually hope to stick the lot on bluray.

I think all of those present would agree that it was an astonishing event. I arrived back yesterday and fell over after five days of eleven and a half hours (actually more like a Sea Org schedule, as it began at breakfast and ended when i sloped off for my five hour sleep each night. I was stunned one night to be applauded when i wished the assembled multitude good night). I'd been awake for 27 hours when i arrived home. I was very happy to see my two youngsters and my cats!

I think Nora Crest summed it up when she said that she'd healed more in five days than during the last five years and had actually had a night's sleep for the first time (and she didn't qualify in how long...). And her husband's From the Cradle to the Slave was simply brilliant. Jamie de Wolf is a genius and Jesse Prince should have his own TV show. John McLean's account of the murder of ten Moroccan officials because of 'sec checking' (thank-you, Ron, for the marvels of standard tech) was not the only tear-jerking moment. I shudder to think how many have suffered and died because of Hubbard the junkie's crazy Purification Rundown, and Angela Harris nailed it with calm, scientific analysis. All of the participants were jaw-droppingly fine. Much wisdom was shared, and my thanks go out to all.

It was the best birthday party I've ever had, by far! And, despite 40 years around the subject, I still learned from everyone who spoke. After the Armstrong case, attorney (and legend) Mike Flynn turned to Gerry and told him he'd killed Hubbard. We killed Scientology at Toronto. All we have to do now is dig a big enough hole to bury it in. DM is doing his best to help and has already stuck his poor slaves into a little Hole. We should do our best to dig them out.

I've suggested that we hold an annual reunion, and as Operation Clambake will be 20 next year, think that Norway would be a good venue.

My profound gratitude to all who made this possible but most especially Jim Beverley, who, contrary to repeated rumours, has done more to slow the cult down than almost anyone in the last decade. Please send him love and donations!

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
We used three TV HD cameras and are editing the mass of footage. We still need to make arrangements with all of our participants regarding publication, but at the moment intend to issue on supervimeo for a few bucks a session (Prof Jim laid out a small fortune for the seminar and we must recoup as much as we can, unless some wealthy patron wants to step up. Does anyone have Bob Duggan's number?). We will issue session by session and eventually hope to stick the lot on bluray.

I think all of those present would agree that it was an astonishing event. I arrived back yesterday and fell over after five days of eleven and a half hours (actually more like a Sea Org schedule, as it began at breakfast and ended when i sloped off for my five hour sleep each night. I was stunned one night to be applauded when i wished the assembled multitude good night). I'd been awake for 27 hours when i arrived home. I was very happy to see my two youngsters and my cats!

I think Nora Crest summed it up when she said that she'd healed more in five days than during the last five years and had actually had a night's sleep for the first time (and she didn't qualify in how long...). And her husband's From the Cradle to the Slave was simply brilliant. Jamie de Wolf is a genius and Jesse Prince should have his own TV show. John McLean's account of the murder of ten Moroccan officials because of 'sec checking' (thank-you, Ron, for the marvels of standard tech) was not the only tear-jerking moment. I shudder to think how many have suffered and died because of Hubbard the junkie's crazy Purification Rundown, and Angela Harris nailed it with calm, scientific analysis. All of the participants were jaw-droppingly fine. Much wisdom was shared, and my thanks go out to all.

It was the best birthday party I've ever had, by far! And, despite 40 years around the subject, I still learned from everyone who spoke. After the Armstrong case, attorney (and legend) Mike Flynn turned to Gerry and told him he'd killed Hubbard. We killed Scientology at Toronto. All we have to do now is dig a big enough hole to bury it in. DM is doing his best to help and has already stuck his poor slaves into a little Hole. We should do our best to dig them out.

I've suggested that we hold an annual reunion, and as Operation Clambake will be 20 next year, think that Norway would be a good venue.

My profound gratitude to all who made this possible but most especially Jim Beverley, who, contrary to repeated rumours, has done more to slow the cult down than almost anyone in the last decade. Please send him love and donations!

Welcome, Jon!

Thank you for an absolutely astonishing event.

How can donations most easily be sent?

Donations toward filming and other conference expenses can be made in three ways:

You can pay by wire transfer to the Royal Bank of Canada account reserved for the conference:
Transit 03832
Basic Acct no. 4506234
SWIFT code ROYCCAT2

or
You can send a U.S. money order payable to James A. Beverley to:
Rebekka Paul (Getting Clear conference administrator)
4825 Green Road, Hampton On, L0B 1J0, Canada

or
If you prefer Pay Pal, use [email protected]

jon atack

We used a three camera HD set up and a four man crew, hired for eleven and a half hours a day for five days. They have done a wonderful job. It cost a small fortune. We wanted to preserve this as a historic event, so Prof Jim borrowed the money. Now we have to recoup it, so, unless you can meet our costs, we have no option but to sell sessions as they are edited.

It took me seven years to write Let's sell these people A Piece of Blues Sky. The cult bankrupted me and the publisher decided to stop paying royalties when it went best seller, so I made very little and lost a great deal (including a five bedroom house, now valued at about half a million pounds). People continue to post the book, as if it were public property.

I've never been paid for a public appearance, and have talked with about 600 exmembers without charge. Years later, many have thanked me, saying that my intervention changed their lives. None have offered me money.

These last two years, I have yet again borrowed so that I could research and write about recovery. The presumption that I will continue in this vein is irritating, to say the least. I simply cannot let Prof Jim give away something that cost tens of thousands, so please either come up with some cash, or understand that we are not a charity and have no backing. I think I've given enough away already. I imagine that we'll make a loss no matter what.

It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and we will offer it as cheaply as we possibly can. Fundraising would be appreciated!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Wonderful to see you here Jon!

I agree with everything you say and I think there should be a serious fund raising via Go Fund Me or a similar site.

This event has been described as "The Woodstock for for anti-Scientology activists" and with the right publicity I am sure we can all help in some way.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Jon emailed me another reply on this, what they are working on:

We are editing and hope to make the sessions available singly as supervimeo for a few bucks a go as soon as this is done. We must first contact all involved to make arrangements for publication.

This sounds very reasonable, price wise and should help to recover some of the filming costs.

However, I know the costs to run the whole event were enormous. The 3-5 man professional film crew for 5 days, round trip airfare for some of the speakers, room costs for some, the hotel convention room rental costs....

I think when we see a trailer or two of the event come out, that a GoFundMe should also be started. Seeing some clips will energize the fact that this event was the most comprehensive and powerful of anything ever put to bring together so many exes and professionals to discuss the real Scientology and it's front groups.

Jump

Operating teatime

Alex Gibney might want to buy rights to certain sections to put together Going Clear [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] 3

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
We used a three camera HD set up and a four man crew, hired for eleven and a half hours a day for five days. They have done a wonderful job. It cost a small fortune. We wanted to preserve this as a historic event, so Prof Jim borrowed the money. Now we have to recoup it, so, unless you can meet our costs, we have no option but to sell sessions as they are edited.

It took me seven years to write Let's sell these people A Piece of Blues Sky. The cult bankrupted me and the publisher decided to stop paying royalties when it went best seller, so I made very little and lost a great deal (including a five bedroom house, now valued at about half a million pounds). People continue to post the book, as if it were public property.

I've never been paid for a public appearance, and have talked with about 600 exmembers without charge. Years later, many have thanked me, saying that my intervention changed their lives. None have offered me money.

These last two years, I have yet again borrowed so that I could research and write about recovery. The presumption that I will continue in this vein is irritating, to say the least. I simply cannot let Prof Jim give away something that cost tens of thousands, so please either come up with some cash, or understand that we are not a charity and have no backing. I think I've given enough away already. I imagine that we'll make a loss no matter what.

It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and we will offer it as cheaply as we possibly can. Fundraising would be appreciated!

What figure do the both of you need to raise?

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Donations toward filming and other conference expenses can be made in three ways:

You can pay by wire transfer to the Royal Bank of Canada account reserved for the conference:
Transit 03832
Basic Acct no. 4506234
SWIFT code ROYCCAT2

or

or

I believe that this community is certainly large enough that
if each of us contributed a modest, or immodest sum,
The Toronto Conference could easily be made into a commercial success.

What do you think?

jon atack

What figure do the both of you need to raise?

Prof Jim handled all of the money details. From what he has told me, it is in the region of $60k. I'd be perfectly happy to distribute the material for free, once Jim has been paid back, but I have to contact all of the participants to find out how they feel. It was truly the most amazing experience. Even the never-ins were healed... It will also be helpful for members of other groups as a safe way of paralleling their experience, as Scn uses just about every manipulation known to man (or woman).

I arrived back on Monday and the jet lag is lifting. I'm now working on release forms (better late than never, so I've been told) and the session order. There were so many highlights! I'll try to put together something for the Bunker expressing my appreciation to our thoroughly wonderful participants. Jesse Prince should certainly join Jamie de Wolf for his next stage show. It was marvellous to share the stage with Nan Mclean, who is a sharp as a ceramic blade at the age of 92. I only had to mention Ted Patrick and she turned to the relevant page in her typed notes. And we should support Nora Crest and her husband for their remarkable project - Cradle to Slave is deeply touching and horribly true. It is also beautifully made.

Thanks to all for your support and kind words! Next year in Stavanger!

Terril park

Sponsor
Prof Jim handled all of the money details. From what he has told me, it is in the region of $60k. I'd be perfectly happy to distribute the material for free, once Jim has been paid back, but I have to contact all of the participants to find out how they feel. It was truly the most amazing experience. Even the never-ins were healed... It will also be helpful for members of other groups as a safe way of paralleling their experience, as Scn uses just about every manipulation known to man (or woman).

I arrived back on Monday and the jet lag is lifting. I'm now working on release forms (better late than never, so I've been told) and the session order. There were so many highlights! I'll try to put together something for the Bunker expressing my appreciation to our thoroughly wonderful participants. Jesse Prince should certainly join Jamie de Wolf for his next stage show. It was marvellous to share the stage with Nan Mclean, who is a sharp as a ceramic blade at the age of 92. I only had to mention Ted Patrick and she turned to the relevant page in her typed notes. And we should support Nora Crest and her husband for their remarkable project - Cradle to Slave is deeply touching and horribly true. It is also beautifully made.
Thanks to all for your support and kind words! Next year in Stavanger!

60K!!! Prof Jim really pushed the boat out.

I had the pleasure of lunch and taking him and Dr David Barrett to an anon
protest here in London in 2012. It never occurred to me that he would want to
organise such an event. Wish I could help with finances but I'm an impecunious
pensioner.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the Toronto Conference...Sure enough wish I coulda been there. :yes:

I've been corresponding with Dr. Beverely for several years, for which I am most grateful. He knows my IRL Identity and I trust him implicitly. :coolwink:

Jim Beverley is a man of true intellect and great Heart. I'm sending some dough to help defray the costs that he stuck his neck out for...For all of Us. :clap:

Face:)

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Unfortunately, I was not able to attend the Toronto Conference...Sure enough wish I coulda been there. :yes:

I've been corresponding with Dr. Beverely for several years, for which I am most grateful. He knows my IRL Identity and I trust him implicitly. :coolwink:

Jim Beverley is a man of true intellect and great Heart. I'm sending some dough to help defray the costs that he stuck his neck out for...For all of Us. :clap:

Face:)

Well said, Face.

In addition to intellect and heart, I would add courage.

I'm also sending a few bucks.

Anyone else?

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Transit 03832
Basic Acct no. 4506234
SWIFT code ROYCCAT2

or

or

(bump)

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I certainly will - but it won't be for a while as we have no cash at the moment.

But this is certainly something that's going to help the future of all who've been touched by the tragedy that is a cult experience.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
60K!!! Prof Jim really pushed the boat out.<snip>
Wish I could help with finances but [highlight]I'm an impecunious
pensioner[/highlight].

I'm a pensioner too, but I'm hard pressed to spend 30% of what I'm paid every week. Admittedly I no longer drive a car, drink, smoke, take drugs, gamble or entertain expensive ladies of the night (I did all of those things when I was younger - well, except the ladies bit). I've been this way for getting on for ten years now and my mattress is getting very lumpy indeed, so there's no excuse!