What's new

Scientology iPhone/iPad app released

Vertley

Patron
Scientolipedia_Icon.pngA Scientology app for iOS (iPhone/iPad) has been released.
It gives access to a Scientology tech and admin glossary, biographies of prominent Scientologists, lists and bios of independent auditors and other information pulled from the Scientolipedia.org website.
A cool feature of the app is that when the website is updated, such as a new auditor listing or glossary term added, the app is updated as well.
The app is free and can be downloaded here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scientolipedia/id1003061379?mt=8
Sample screenshot below.
750x1334ss-80(2).jpg

Note: this app is NOT affiliated with the "church", it was produced by independent, freezone Scientologists.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I wonder what ELSE the app does, for somebody stupid enough to load it on their smartphone.

Remember the "Net Nanny"?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I wonder what ELSE the app does, for somebody stupid enough to load it on their smartphone.

Cui bono? Scientololopedia seems to be non-CofS and staunchly "standard tech"-ish. It doesn't even have an entry for PaulsRobot. :)

Paul

idrizomare

Patron with Honors
Cui bono? Scientololopedia seems to be non-CofS and staunchly "standard tech"-ish. It doesn't even have an entry for PaulsRobot. :)

Paul

It has to be non-CoS given that it calls out independent auditors.

The other indicator is that it's free, therefore out-exchange.

How long before the RTC jumps in and accuses them of trademark and copyright terrorism?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It's a wiki so you can add it yourself.

And someone else can immediately remove it too. I have shared a message board with Chris Black before (2004/5). :)

I started a Scientology wiki at the end of 2005 (Scienowiki at www.scienowiki.org currently although I might stop paying for that forwarding address sometime) but haven't even looked at it in the past year or so. . . . I just checked and the front page still looks much the same and the PaulsRobot page still looks the same, although it's under the original name of Paul's Robot Auditor.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Cui bono? Scientololopedia seems to be non-CofS and staunchly "standard tech"-ish. <snip>

Paul

What I meant by cui bono is the presumed author(s) of the app would have very little to gain from anything sneaky embedded in it and much to lose once they got rumbled and the news spread in their field.

Paul

View attachment 10797A Scientology app for iOS (iPhone/iPad) has been released.
It gives access to a Scientology tech and admin glossary, biographies of prominent Scientologists, lists and bios of independent auditors and other information pulled from the Scientolipedia.org website.
A cool feature of the app is that when the website is updated, such as a new auditor listing or glossary term added, the app is updated as well.
The app is free and can be downloaded here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scientolipedia/id1003061379?mt=8
Sample screenshot below.
View attachment 10796

Note: this app is NOT affiliated with the "church", it was produced by independent, freezone Scientologists.

Does it update when someone becomes SP, or disconnected?

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sample screenshot below.
View attachment 10796

This can't be a Scientology app because it is FREE! If it were a real Scientology app it would at least be $3900.00

Techless

Patron Meritorious
This can't be a Scientology app because it is FREE! If it were a real Scientology app it would at least be $3900.00

It already states that this is a freezoned, Indi thing - I just can't wait to see litigation moving forward there, I simply cannot imagine this thing just getting a away scot-free.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Sample screenshot below.
View attachment 10796

attachment.php

thetagal

Patron

:omg: Yes, I remember the Net Nanny, but this is nothing like this. Strictly in the Independent Field. Very cute--looking for an auditor-the app will give you all the info.

Pat

thetagal

Patron
It has to be non-CoS given that it calls out independent auditors.

The other indicator is that it's free, therefore out-exchange.

How long before the RTC jumps in and accuses them of trademark and copyright terrorism?

:melodramatic: Not likely. I've been doing Scientology in the Free Zone for 15 years in my local spot--they don't hassle me. They hassle those who attack them. Simple PTS tech.