What's new

AnonyMary & Churchill at the Getting Clear Conference

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Ginger vs AnonyMary

AnonyMary,

Something I've always wondered about but didn't want to trouble you with at the time, were you ever subject to Fair Game or OSA shenanigans prior to that Arnie/Ginger outing?

Feel free to ignore this question if you so choose and I apologise in advance if I missed that you've already addressed this (and for this minor thread derail).

PS: I absolutely LOVE this thread. :)

Hi Panda, Glad you love the thread!! There's more to come from me, and I am sure from Len, on the event shortly. However, I want to answer your good question. It's not one I have ever answered before publicly. I also want to clarify something about the outing so readers understand better.

Before the above happened in 2014, there was a Narconon staff member trolling me periodically back around 2010. He was not a scientologist, this I know for a fact. At first he was trying to have 'discussions' with me by email about the Narconon program, trying to persuade me that is was a good program and not Scientology. Eventually, he started to try and intimidate me by stating that he'd been going college to learn more on computer systems and IT skills, 'joking' that he'd learned to hack and was going to try and hack my computer. I ended communications at that point.

His name is Doug Schotters.

I didn't hear from him for a couple of years. Then in mid 2012, I received a PM at Facebook in my other box which I didn't notice ( or even know about the Other Box ) until 9 months later in 2013.
He was writing me about a supposed comment I had made on Narconon Exposed Facebook page. As I had no clue what he was talking about, I wrote him back, apologizing for not seeing the PM until then and asking him to give me a link to the comment thread so I could see what he was talking about.

He didn't have the link, and could barely recall what it was about, as it was so long past. He then started into a discussion that lead to back and forth PMs about Narconon, his ideas, his hatred of the bad news on the net about it, which I could understand. He was very upset with Eric Tenorio who had helped him when he was a student at Narconon, when Eric had been on staff . Lots of questions and answers going back and forth, my making him aware that I knew what he was up to but if he wanted honest answers that he needed to read the internet.

Then he started in with the 'I think I know who you are' baloney... stated he'd seen me in a video at some community hearing. I told him I had never done such a thing, Did he have a link to what he's referring to of course he didn't. He then told me that he was with Anonymous and actively posting on WWP , as if that was going to scare me or impress me. He claimed to know a lot about all the critics... myself included. To let him know that I was onto what he was doing ( bluffing me, trolling me), I told him a bit about what I had found out about him. That shut him up good and and he then blocked me. That was the last I'd heard from him

Then months later I found out that this same guy Doug Schotters was being accused of hacking the now late Beau Griffis' website accounts. Beau was not a stable guy but I truly believed him when he wrote about this on the internet and on Facebook. Beau was a Narconon witness in the Gabriel Graves negligence death lawsuit and wound up being a very helpful witness for the plaintiffs, damning for Narconon. This enraged Narconon execs, attorneys etc. Beau became their enemy. Beau then began posting on Facebook and on his blogs warning people about Narconon... Then the name of the Narconon staff guy I'd been in contact with in the past, who had tried to intimidate me, came up in posts and blog articles written by Beau Griffis about hacking his computer and sites.

Doug had been Narconon Arrowhead's long time staff member IT guy for all their internal use websites. He was a doing to Beau what he threatened to do to me.

Before Beau died, he made blatant accusations that Doug Schotters had had hacked his fathers' online bank, utility and credit accounts, changing passwords and such, messing with his father's access to his own accounts. I have no reason not to believe this and I am not alone in believing Doug Schotters messed with Beau.

Eventually word got to me that Doug Schotters was indeed trolling WWP and was no longer working as an employee for Narconon, only a contracted IT man for them and some Indian nation defense dept subcontractor group.

It is my belief ( and not just my belief alone ) that Doug anonymously enlisted the help of the supposed 'critics' of Scientology who have been attacking and attempting to out people on WWP and elsewhere. [some data redacted see http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?40025-Ginger-vs-AnonyMary&p=1052704&viewfull=1#post1052704 ]

These actions aided in the ongoing multitude of attacks against Narconon critics, WWP mods and myself. They provided Schotters, Narconon and OSA with my real name, resulting in further harassment ( as explained ) and finally my being subpoenaed and deposed.

Doug Schotters has since been ID'd as a troll by others and has been keeping a low profile since.

I am not going to discuss this further here because the conference and how Len and I wound up there, how attending it effected us personally -- well this is really what this thread is supposed to be about. Certainly, anyone can PM me if they like but at some point down the line I will write up more on this, including some wonderful photos my son took of the cars and tags of the PIs who followed us and came to our house :) But that is for another day and thread.

Hope this explains things better and answers your question. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Thankyou so much Mary, and I say that from the heart. Balancing speaking out with the possibility of making the train wreck scientology has made of our families worse is an agonising choice. You have always been right there with Likes and support when I have posted snippets about the devastation of my family, and now I know why. Living it is different to reading about it, especially when you can't just freely vent the whole story about things that make your toes curl with the sheer insanity and injustice that takes place. So it takes a lot of personal integrity to speak at all.

I don't have any more words right now, except to say THANKYOU to you all ... everyone at the Conference and everyone who cares and takes action to bring in the sunlight and truth about what really goes on.

:heartflower:

AnonyMary

OK, back to AnonyMary and Churchill at the Getting Clear Conference :biggrin:

I had quite an adventure in traveling to, and attending this conference.

Like some others who found the costs involved to be some what prohibitive, I was offered to have my airfare and room paid for if I came to speak. Knowing the high cost to fly me there and back, I suggested a much less expensive way to get me there. That the event rent me a car and I would drive there, covering my own gas and tolls.

Google maps showed it to be a 7-8 hr drive from where I lived, taking a longer but less complicated route to get there. I though it would be a great opportunity to relax, have some time away for myself and do a road trip. Little did I know that Google maps was not accurate on miles and time to get there. Between driving to get the rental car and then getting onto the highways that would lead me to Toronto Canada, it took me nearly 12 hrs total. This included highway speeds reduced to 55 MPH on nearly every highway due to never ending road work, a number of coffee breaks along the way, and waiting on long lines at the US and Canadian border customs stops which I had to go through twice because Google directions told me to go right when I was supposed to make a left after leaving customs the first time.) This is what I got for not opting in for a GPS. ( My daughter insisted afterwards that she is buying me one and it should arrive shortly, lol! )

I arrived at 1:00 am Thursday morning. I would be speaking during the Thursday afternoon session. I was not tired at all. Without bringing in my luggage yet, I parked and entered the lobby, running into James Beverley and some of the attendees who were there by the elevators, talking as if all saying goodnight. Jamie DeWolf was there and we introduced ourselves with the others ( it was a blur for me on who I met when - either then or after I got up in the morning after 3 hrs sleep ) but hellos and such were said and eventually everyone went to their rooms, with Jim walking me over to the front desk to get me my room keys, then saying he's see me in the morning.

I went up to the room to get a feel for what was there and noticed no refrigerator. So much for the food I'd brought that required one :eyeroll:. But the room was lovely. I thought I was sharing one with someone else but being the last to arrive, I got the double to myself :) I texted my kids and Kat Villanueva to say I'd arrived.. and then decided to go downstairs and walk around and see who was still up and hanging out before bringing in my bags. By now it's 1:45 am...

The lobby was empty and quiet. So I stepped outside to have a cigarette ( yes, I am a cigarette addict and still smoke but not many a day ) I then see the wonderful Spike Robinson sitting with and talking to some people who I don't know. I join in, we hug and I listen in. Spike is one of the most entertaining and intelligent people I have ever met. She starts singing these songs she wrote, some classics and some about Scientology to people I did not know and some who knew of her from The Bunker. There was one woman there who came over from another group standing outside, there from another week long conference group, Liberty Tax.

Apparently they'd all come from the bar. Spike does not drink but these Liberty Tax employees apparently had a grand time there and were thoroughly enjoying Spike's songs. One tipsy woman had a tin foil Tiara on her head and a statue that also had tin foil on it, courtesy of the bartender who managed to break her trophy earned at the conference.

Then another woman came by to listen. She looked quite inebriated, just standing there looking at Spike. She was a Native Indian of some specific tribe that Spike know all about and they began this intense conversation about the issues the tribe was dealing with and this woman's life within it.

The Jamie DeWolf came out to have a cigarette. He had a drink in his hands and was listening in. Then the Indian woman starts to tear up and Spike hugs her... Jamie turns to me and said " WTF are they talking about?" and I said, " I have no idea!" So we stepped away a bit and began talking again. We talked for at least an hour, maybe more. I had missed getting there in time for his show that night (Wednesday evening ) and we talked about it, and the conference. He told me he really learned a lot there, how terrific it was going, ideas that were coming to him from things that came up in the talks, especially the stuff Jon Atack, Hana and Jesse mentioned.

We talked about Nibs, about Nibs book, about Hubbard Sr, about his projects and plans and areas and topics of his focus. I was thoroughly enthralled with listening to and this dynamic person! He knew very little about the Narconon issues and asked me to explain things. Like many, he really had no idea how Scientology was being indoctrinated into the lives of these victims and the tactics Narconon has employed to lure people in and prevent them from knowing it's Scientology.

It was the first of many terrific experiences I had at this conference and one I will never forget. Jamie DeWolf is a man on a number of important missions in life and we have yet to see all that he is going to bring to the table about Nibs, Hubbard Sr and the subject of Scientology!

I then went to sleep, like I must do now. When I come back, I will tell you about my adventures Thursday morning before during and after attending my first conference session. Topic: The International scene, with a host of amazing speakers!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Hi Panda, Glad you love the thread!! There's more to come from me, and I am sure from Len, on the event shortly. However, I want to answer your good question. It's not one I have ever answered before publicly. I also want to clarify something about the outing so readers understand better.

< snip excellent post for brevity> :)
Thank you so much for answering my question. I have always wondered about it and now feel that you have finally put that question to rest. :thankyou:

Meanwhile, back on thread, this is absolutely my favorite thread here for... I don't know, but it's a loooong time! Kudos to both you and Len. :)

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron

:goodposting:

Rivetting stuff Len and Mary

So happy for you after all you have been through that you were able to spend time with such wonderful company

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I want to talk about Gerry Armstrong.

I never knew Gerry, but I knew of him.

He is not often discussed on ESMB, nor on Mike or Marty's blogs either.
He has a website, www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/index.html

Having had the chance to meet and talk with and listen to him for 5 days I would almost consider moving to Canada.
He is a fact-checker extraordinaire. It was amusing when Jon Atack, who possesses an encyclopedic knowledge of Scientology, occasionally became
unsure of a fact, he would ask Gerry who, without skipping a beat, would provide the name, date, or location that otherwise would be lost in the half century sands of time.
Jon once misspoke in giving the numerical identifier of a particular Naval vessel which Hubbard commanded, only to have the soft voice in the front row gently correct him.
And so it went.

At the Conference I met Gerry one morning at breakfast and said "Good Morning, Jon." "It's Gerry," he replied, softly.
I am a bit hard of hearing, and thinking he did not hear me, I repeated Good morning, Jon!" a little louder, thus compounding my error a second time.
He,
raising his voice ever so slightly, repeated, It's Gerry, not Jon."
We laughed
, and I told him it was the second time I had embarrassed myself regarding him.
I told him about a thread here on ESMB that dealt with the (as yet) unresolved issues between himself and Marty Rathbun, and my glib, yet hopeful wish for a "Kumbaya" moment that would unite them.
Caroline explained that it could, and would not happen in a vacuum.

Before Toronto, I had not understand how critically important (double entendre) and devastating Gerry Armstrong's role has been in exposing the fact that
virtually everything that L. Ron Hubbard claimed to have "accomplished" or "discovered" was a LIE
beginning with his childhood, and continuing throughout his adult life.

Hubbard had given Gerry Armstrong boxes and boxes of (very damaging) biographical (primary source) material to provide for the glowing biography that Omar Garrison was hired to write.

Gerry Armstrong preserved an honest and accurate historical record of the life and lies of L Ron Hubbard,
the hypnotist, the false academic, the follower of Crowley, the false military record (stolen valor), in short...RON, the FRAUD.
Crippled and wounded, Scientology and Armstrong litigated and Armstrong prevailed.

Imagine if Scientology had destroyed the documents,
the impossible challenge this would have presented to critics and future scholars seeking a true record of "mankind's greatest friend."

For this, not only we, but future generations owe Gerry Armstrong a huge debt. He, and Caroline have paid a high price for their devotion to truth,
and my wish is for the ESMB community to understand that this is truly a most wonderful man; this is a man who deserves the respect and admiration reserved for heroes.

For he truly is one.

I witnessed his gentle voice and soft smile...and the twinkle in his eye, as he was joined by so many supporters.

Gerry Armstrong is not alone.

And I continue to hope and believe that in time the contentious issues, such as they are, will become resolved.

I hope they will ...for all of our sakes.

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Breaking news on www.tonyortega.org about the Private Investigator who targeted him and Mike Rinder.
Tony announced the original story when it first broke, while at the Toronto Conference.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
"Subject now is Narconon at Getting Clear Conference. — at Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre."
11659459_10155715779565261_6717057285368442353_n.jpg

Wow! Mary is a tiny, plain little thing isn't she? I always imagined her to be like..

hqdefault.jpg

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Breaking news on www.tonyortega.org about the Private Investigator who targeted him and Mike Rinder.
Tony announced the original story when it first broke, while at the Toronto Conference.

So that this thread doesn't get derailed, here is the relevant thread and I'll put this post there too.
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...working-for-Scientology&p=1047671#post1047671

I'll just give the article link so it can be accessed directly:
http://tonyortega.org/2015/07/08/ny...f-two-who-appeared-in-going-clear/#more-24039

On June 25, former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder and I went public with the information that the two of us had been notified by the US Attorney that we had been victimized in Saldarriaga’s hacking attacks for hire. Besides both being victims of Saldarriaga, Rinder and I both appeared in Alex Gibney’s recent film on Scientology, Going Clear, and we have each experienced harassment we attribute to the church and its private investigators. We pointed out to Judge Sullivan in our “victim impact statements” that the only organization that would want illegal access to our email accounts was Rinder’s former employer. Any other scenario strained credulity, we pointed out.

Now, the New York Times has come to the same conclusion, and we can now show you the documents which reveal just how afraid Saldarriaga is of his former clients.
(My bold)

Jimmy3 • 2 hours ago

Where exactly on the fringe of the internet is this New York Times blog?

Tony Ortega • 2 hours ago

This made my day.

aquaclara • an hour ago

Wow. wow. wow. wow. So the court knew this last week. And the District Attorney's office has known this for some time. Now the New York Times picks this up. When I saw this, I was so damn happy to see this story I didn't know where to look first. Tony's article, the NYT, the court docs, the comments, AAARRRRGGGGHHHH. so much to take in.

And mainly, there's this:

Finally, the world is catching up to Tony and Mike, and the truth.

Now can we put this in the record in Texas, too? Now can we please?
http://tonyortega.org/2015/07/08/ny...o-appeared-in-going-clear/#comment-2125284723

AnonyMary

Thankyou so much Mary, and I say that from the heart. Balancing speaking out with the possibility of making the train wreck scientology has made of our families worse is an agonising choice. You have always been right there with Likes and support when I have posted snippets about the devastation of my family, and now I know why. Living it is different to reading about it, especially when you can't just freely vent the whole story about things that make your toes curl with the sheer insanity and injustice that takes place. So it takes a lot of personal integrity to speak at all.

I don't have any more words right now, except to say THANKYOU to you all ... everyone at the Conference and everyone who cares and takes action to bring in the sunlight and truth about what really goes on.

:heartflower:

Thank you for understanding, FTS. :heartflower:

inthug.PNG

AnonyMary

Thank you to all who have posted responses here, who I was not able to respond back to.

Your comments are so heart warming ... even Smurf's, lol!!

Unfortunately, I had a hectic day and did not have time to still down and focus on an update as planned. I wanted to add to Churchill's post about listening to and meeting Gerry Armstrong... but didn't have time for that and time to post about the international speakers.

I will resume in the morning.:biggrin:

moontaco

Patron with Honors
AnonyMary, I am speechless. Just attempting to catch myself up on everything. So I just want to say thank you for these posts and others you've made. :clap:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tuesday morning began with Tony Ortega and Paulette Cooper discussing the intricacies and incessant decades long efforts of Scientology operatives to neutralize her. Neutralize is a euphemism for destroy.

Tony' Ortega's book recounts, in a straightforward and detailed manner, the dramatic events themselves. It is required reading for anyone wishing to understand totalitarian cults like Scientology and noble cause corruption. But it is more than that.

While Tony and Paulette were discussing the horrific cruelties to which she was subjected, (some of which I had a hand in) I realized that had the FBI raids in 1977 NOT taken place, Scientology's vociferous accusations against Paulette, and their equally shrill denials of their own criminality in her case would have stood, and been forever obscured in an endless and unresolvable "he said - she said" muddle.

The damning documents, which miraculously avoided destruction at the hands of the Guardians Office (in much the same way as Paulette and Suzy themselves were miraculously spared during the Shoah) were indeed the "smoking gun" that proved, beyond any doubt, Scientology's culpability and absolute guilt.

Tony Ortega's meticulous work unearthed the fact that one of Karen De la Carriere's bridesmaids was married to Don Alverzo (the elusive Jerry Levin). And Virginia McClaughry, the wife of a Scientology operative tracked down a crucial photograph of "Alverzo" taken in 1967. Tony Ortega is just one hell of a dogged journalist.

As he was leaving the Conference (the Saldariagga case had just broken wide open) I asked Tony if he was familiar with the film, Inherit the Wind. He immediately understood my reference, and the compliment I was paying him. The film is based on the 1925 Scopes "Monkey" Trial. One of the most memorable lines in the film, is uttered by Gene Kelly, in the role of a fictional journalist who in real life was H.L. Mencken. The line is "It's the job of the press to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable."

Tony Ortega has done that, and much more. He has solved a 44 year old mystery by not only meticulously assembling an intricate jigsaw puzzle, but by also finding the key missing piece.

He is a journalist's journalist, both literally and figuratively.

When Paulette wisely chose him to tell her story, I believe there was an unseen hand guiding her, and not for the first time in her truly extraordinary life.

PS: I believe that the wonderful Karen de la Carriere provided Tony Ortega with the photograph of Alverzo taken at her wedding. Facts are so very important here, and I may have unintentionally implied otherwise.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Thursday morning, June 25th:

After 3 hours of sleep, I bounced out of bed, showered and tried to make myself presentable for going downstairs to start the day. Got some needed coffee, met some wonderful people in the lobby, including the lovely and bright Kat Villanueva, paralegal to my excellent attorney Jeffrey Ray - who is one of the attorneys that has and continues to help plaintiffs in cases against Narconon Freedom Center, and scientlogist Per Wickstrom's unbranded Narconons - Tranquility Detox, Best Drug Rehab, A Forever Recovery and others.

As I mentioned earlier, I was a bit overwhelmed when I arrived at 1:00 am earlier on. My memory is that either before the morning of the Thursday sessions, or earlier when I arrived at 1:00 am morning, I met and hugged Nancy Many, Hana Eltringham Whitfield, Tory Christman and Spanky Taylor and others...

Kat was in the lobby waiting for me, knowing I would be there for the morning session. I recall introducing her to the others we ran into on the way to get coffee.

I was just so blown away blown away by meeting Nancy, Hana and Kat ( for the first time! ) in that Lobby. You have to understand that I am not a person who bends over backwards lauding people just because they are well known. But for all the years I have been reading the internet, watching videos, listening to the stories of others and reading their books, I have come to just admire so much the efforts, and documented knowledge of things and personal trials and tribulations of those who dared to speak up when so few would, in order to educate, aid and help other exes.

Like with Nancy, I knew of her when I was in Scientology, I was around Celebrity Center before and after her days there. Her book, My Billion Year Contract was and still is one of the most important for me to have read, EVER!

I was so moved by what she had been through, what had happened to her and her family, that I stopped everything and poured out a review at Amazon saying just how this book effected me and what it was about. Little did I know that my review would help so many others see the importance of reading it.

On and off over the years, we exchanged some words but mainly it was only recently that I have come to know of Nancy as a wise and trusted person I can send or refer newly. or nearly out. Scientology members for needed help. So I let Nancy know I was going to be in Toronto, hoping to meet up with her. We both looked forward to meeting. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to look into her beautiful eyes and hug that woman IRL, lol!! She and Jesse, who she introduced me to later on in the conference, are a lovely couple and I felt so honored to finally meet both of them! Unfortunate;y I missed Jesse's session earlier in the week. I am told that it rocked the house!

Now, with Hana, it was pure admiration from afar... and for many years. Her help in exposing Scientology, her adventures and misadventures with the Sea org, with Hubbard, with being the Captain of a ship for him... her grace and poise, and the impact her works and videos have had on me and others is like no other. She is in a class all her own. To meet her ( and find myself being accepted so warmly and with such sincerity) was just a wish come true. That i so admire her husband, Jerry Whitfield, cannot be understated. His experiences, knowledge and exposure of Narconon before few stepped up, was instrumental in my helping with my understanding this dangerous and fraudulent organization

There were many people I recognized all over the lobby, as well as in the dining room. I got to say hello to Tory and Spanky Taylor, two exes who have had a deep influence on me. I told Spanky that I wanted to chat with her some time before she was to fly back home, because I had something to share with her about John Travolta, that I became privy to when on a CMO mission as a volunteer. ( Later about that )

Also there: Jon Atack, someone I admire so much, whose books and articles have opened my eyes to so much that was hidden. It was terrific to finally meet him, along with saying hello again to Jim Beverley, who I have come to know these past several years as a smart, diligent and eager to know and under stand man of integrity.

Being a bit shy ( if you can believe that, lol.. ) I soon opted to have coffee with Kat outside and chat. We would be presenting at the afternoon session along with the other Narconon panel participants mentioned earlier and I wanted to touch base on that before going inside for the morning session.

Walking back to the conference area, still I ran into others, like Spike Robinson, Jon Atack, Steve Cannane....

THURSDAY MORNING SESSION:

Today, we would be hearing from "Professor Alexander Dvorkin on eastern Europe; Pete Griffiths on Ireland and the UK; Andreas Heldal-Lund on Scandinavia; Steve Cannane, author of a new book on the history of the cult in Australia; and Jonny Jacobsen, journalist and long-term Scientology expert based in Paris, on the European scene."

Pete sat this part out, as he was still not feeling well enough to speak. He did, however, speak later at the event. I enjoyed a number of good chats with Pete throughout the last days of the conference. More about those later..

So, i we went. Kat and I we grabbed seats and as the event began, who should come sit 2 rows in front of me but Len Zinberg, aka Churchill!!!! Funny because he PM'd me the day before saying he was saving me a seat, lol!! I didn't say anything to Len until the break, out of courtesy to the event presenters, but it was so fun to later greet and hug that big guy who I have come to admire and respect so much! I can't say enough about what a joy it was to meet him!

OK, so the morning session started with ...
Professor Alexander Dvorkin. This is a true hero. He's spent years alerting and educating people and leaders about cults ( Scientology included ) in Eastern Europe, mainly in Russia. He is also the most well known and respected critic of Scientology there.

The cult does not like this guy one bit. There are multiple places on the internet where you can read about him, and his history, in this fight we are in with Scientology oppression. However, we happen to have a thread with photos posted on ESMB, which I urge you to look over to get a sense of this man and his mission.
Conference on destructive cults in Sakhalin, Russia (October 21-22, 2014)
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...cults-in-Sakhalin-Russia-(October-21-22-2014)

Scientology is very active in their attempt to infiltrating areas of influence in Eastern Europe, particularly in Russia. Long time critic and Anti-Cult expert Professor Dvorkin has been a target of OSA there for many years but he never gives up in in alerting the public that Scientology is a cult and and pressing for investigation into what Scientology is doing in Russia. He has had his own Scientology created black PR page page for many years now. He knows and understands Fair Game and has been a continuous target of it by Scientology because of his efforts.

It was not always easy for me to fully grasp all he had to say as he spoke on stage because his amazing talk was spoken in a heavily Russian accented English which was hard for me, an old lady, to keep up with. But I did manage to understand most of it and I am amazed that for all the cult of Scientology had tried and done in attempts to stop him, that he is still actively out there exposing Scientology along with other dangerous cults in Eastern Europe. What perseverance!

On a side note:I have to agree with Gerry Armstrong, that we have a ways to go before anyone can really say that this epic conference in Toronto 'killed an already dying Scientology'. it certainly was a major attack against the cult, one that will lessen the power of Miscavige and the organization, but we have a ways to go. This belief of mine is based upon the current activities in Russia which the Professor highlighted, statements made by those from other countries outside the USA, along with the information the SecCheck blog and others have posted on the internet. I have long observed how the front groups have ben infiltrating communities abroad and misleading the 'opinion leaders' in them. This is also happening here in the USA but more so in remote vulnerable areas the information on internet has yet to reach.

On the panel was the engaging and handsome Steve Cannane, a current affairs reporter for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and currently presents The Drum on ABC News 24 and is a reporter on Lateline. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Cannane

Cannane has done multiple news and investigative reports on Scientology in Australia. He is currently writing a book about Scientology’s history in Australia. Tony Ortega wrote this article about Cannane being signed by a publishing company there, back in 2014.

Steve Cannane has Scientology book news, and helps us with a Down Under history lesson

Steve spoke of some of his findings of the past year or so in researching and digging up documents and interviewing people for this book. Of particular interest to me was the statement that he has been unearthing some amazing and hitherto unknown documents related to early days when Hubbard was evading authorities and before, during, and after the events of the famous and damning early 1960s Australian State of Victoria Inquiry. This resulted in what is known as The Anderson Report, published in 1965. This was the world’s first ever government inquiry into Scientology. You can find the full report here on critic Professor Dave Touretzky's website http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/audit/andrhome.html

It was wonderful to hear the history of Scientology in Australia and about Dcientology's activities ( or lack of them with their decline) in Australia. Steve Cannane's upcoming, and as yet untitled, book is one I can't wait to see and read!!!!

It was so fun for me to finally meet and listen to Jonny Jacobson, the ever persistent and charming multilingual writer and journalist extraordinaire from France. He writes for us at his site called Infinite Complacency, "tracking violence and abuse in Scientology" "He also contributes to Tony Ortega's Underground Bunker on the same subject".

Jonny gave us information and updates on the church activities on cases and situations in Europe, particularly in France. He also blogged some about the conference as he attended it. Besides enjoying his talk, it was fun seeing him in different locations about the hotel at one time or another, night or day, sitting and typing away on his laptop, getting the event news down.

Andreas Heldal-Lund spoke with great heart on how and why he started Xenu.net, known as well by the name Operation Clambake. I think everyone who sees the video of this will be surprised at how much this one man, a Never-In, accomplished in exposing Scientology, to the great frustration of the church and it's attorneys.

I thank God for dedicated professionals like Professor Dvorkin. And Steve Cannane, Jonny Jacobsen and Andreas Heldal-Lund ( although a couple of them, being atheists, would say that God has nothing to do with it, but that's OK!! LOL!!! They are gifts to us, no matter how they each arrived and joined in helping expose Scientology))

End of Morning Session :biggrin:

Hope I have not bored you ... Let me know if I should reduce the size of the posts.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Tuesday morning began with Tony Ortega and Paulette Cooper discussing the intricacies and incessant decades long efforts of Scientology operatives to neutralize her. Neutralize is a euphemism for destroy.

Tony' Ortega's book recounts, in a straightforward and detailed manner, the dramatic events themselves. It is required reading for anyone wishing to understand totalitarian cults like Scientology and noble cause corruption. But it is more than that.

While Tony and Paulette were discussing the horrific cruelties to which she was subjected, (some of which I had a hand in) I realized that had the FBI raids in 1977 NOT taken place, Scientology's vociferous accusations against Paulette, and their equally shrill denials of their own criminality in her case would have stood, and been forever obscured in an endless and unresolvable "he said - she said" muddle.

The damning documents, which miraculously avoided destruction at the hands of the Guardians Office (in much the same way as Paulette and Suzy themselves were miraculously spared during the Shoah) were indeed the "smoking gun" that proved, beyond any doubt, Scientology's culpability and absolute guilt.

Tony Ortega's meticulous work unearthed the fact that one of Karen De la Carriere's bridesmaids was married to Don Alverzo (the elusive Jerry Levin). And Virginia McClaughry, the wife of a Scientology operative tracked down a crucial photograph of "Alverzo" taken in 1967. Tony Ortega is just one hell of a dogged journalist.

As he was leaving the Conference (the Saldariagga case had just broken wide open) I asked Tony if he was familiar with the film, Inherit the Wind. He immediately understood my reference, and the compliment I was paying him. The film is based on the 1925 Scopes "Monkey" Trial. One of the most memorable lines in the film, is uttered by Gene Kelly, in the role of a fictional journalist who in real life was H.L. Mencken. The line is "It's the job of the press to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable."

Tony Ortega has done that, and much more. He has solved a 44 year old mystery by not only meticulously assembling an intricate jigsaw puzzle, but by also finding the key missing piece.

He is a journalist's journalist, both literally and figuratively.

When Paulette wisely chose him to tell her story, I believe there was an unseen hand guiding her, and not for the first time in her truly extraordinary life.

Thanks!! I am so glad you brought this up. I am still trying to 'grok' all that this book has revealed with all that was previously known by me of the targeting of Paulette Cooper by the GO. It is a riveting book, a must read. A vital historical documentation that pins the tail fully on the ass of Scientology.

I was sad that I was unable to get there to meet them, or attend this very important discussion, or any of the amazing talks for the first 3 days of the conference.

Fortunately I will be attending the book tour and listening to Tony and Paulette live on July 12: at the Washington DC, Center for Inquiry (with Paulette Cooper) :)

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Reduce the size of your posts AnonyMary? Posts such as yours filled with affection and elucidating information keep me riveted, uplifting my heart and mind. And since it is after 2PM just make sure your stats are up again by the end of next week....or not.

Get the well deserved rest as you need while I send you many :hattip::cloud9::bow::bighug: as I wait in anticipation for more of your marvelous never too looonnnggg cat posts.