What's new

"Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay rights

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: "Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay ri

8) THEREFORE, IT IS REASONABLE TO INFER THAT LAURA PREPON IS A LIAR WHEN SHE STATES THAT SHE HAS:Finally, the idea that someone who has spent fifteen years in Scientology has “never come across any piece of information that remotely is negative or derogatory in any way towards the LGBT community” is risible.

Awesome post needs a "Mexican wave" or Wayne's World "I am not worthy" button

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Re: "Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay ri

The Scientology book Science of Survival, by L. Ron Hubbard, the Founder of the Church of Scientology, specifically defines Tone Level 1.1, the level of "covert hostility," as follows:In Science of Survival Hubbard reiterates that "perverts," such as homosexuals, fall at 1.1 on the tone scale, the level of "covert hostility":Scientology, and its Founder, L. Ron Hubbard, teach that one should not, and cannot, trust a gay or lesbian "1.1 pervert." To be more precise:For Hubbard and the Church of Scientology, the danger posed by gay and lesbian "1.1" "perverts" cannot be underestimated, and given the danger posed by lesbian and gay "1.1" "perverts," society is faced with only one choice if it is to survive:There is no room for gay and lesbian "1.1" "perverts" in society, if Hubbard is to be believed. Indeed, Scientology looks forward to the day when only individuals meeting Hubbard's standards will be given civil rights:To Hubbard and
the Church of Scientology, the solution to the problem of lesbian and gay "1.1" "perverts" is a simple one:On the other hand, the Church of Scientology offers an alternative: Hubbard explains that:Thus, the Church offers a choice. Gay and lesbian "1.1" "perverts" can avoid being quarantined or institutionalized by simply undergoing Church "processing" to raise their tone level so that they are no longer "perverts," but instead have "value."

Finally, for all of those aberrated persons below 2.0 on his Tone Scale, L. Ron Hubbard envisions two alternative final solutions:

3 Science of Survival, Book One, Chapt. 8.
4 Science of Survival, Book 1, Chapt. 13.
5 Science of Survival, Book 1, Chapt. 13.
6 Dianetics, Book 3, Chapt. 10.
7 Science of Survival, Book 1, Chapt. 13.
8 Science of Survival, Book 1, Chapt. 21.
9 Dianetics, Book 2, Chapt. 5.
10 Science of Survival, at 170-71

See http://www.solitarytrees.net/pickets/atlanta/leaflets/gay.txt

Finally, let me reiterate a point that to date has been conveniently ignored. Because it has been conveniently ignored, I'll take the liberty of adding just a bit of emphasis.

1) EVERY SCIENTOLOGIST HAS A DUTY TO DO THE BASICS, AND HAS HAD THAT DUTY SINCE THE BASICS WERE RELEASED IN 2007.

2) THE FIRST BOOK ON THE BASICS IS DIANETICS, WHICH MUST BE READ COVER TO COVER.

3) THE NEXT BOOK ON THE BASICS IS SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL, WHICH MUST BE READ COVER TO COVER.

4) LAURA PREPON IS A SCIENTOLOGIST, HAS BEEN FOR 15 YEARS, AND CERTAINLY SINCE THE BASICS WERE RELEASED IN 2007.

5) LAURA PREPON THEREFORE HAD A DUTY TO DO THE BASICS, INCLUDING READING DIANETICS AND SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL.

6) IT MAY THEREFORE BE INFERRED THAT LAURA PREPON READ THE HOMOPHOBIC MATERIAL IN DIANETICS.

7) IT MAY ALSO THEREFORE BE INFERRED THAT LAURA PREPON READ THE HOMOPHOBIC MATERIAL IN SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL.

8) THEREFORE, IT IS REASONABLE TO INFER THAT LAURA PREPON IS A LIAR WHEN SHE STATES THAT SHE HAS:
Finally, the idea that someone who has spent fifteen years in Scientology has “never come across any piece of information that remotely is negative or derogatory in any way towards the LGBT community” is risible.

You should breed and stuff like, have babies? Not necessarily mine but you should really get out there and breed on your genes.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

You should breed and stuff like, have babies? Not necessarily mine but you should really get out there and breed on your genes.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

New thread?

:giggle:

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious

Okey, your evidence brought forward is good enough for me and you have a point.

Still I think the Underground Bunker was way too harsh on her but that is subjective. Laura Prepon might just have been a "bad" student.

Sis O' Sign

Patron with Honors

People reading ESMB regularly are much better informed about dodgy Scientology stuff than anyone inside Scientology ever could be. Also, if I would not read ESMB and other critical sites, I am not sure if I would remember the part of Hubbard's writing about it.

Now because we are on it - how often did Hubbard say being gay is an aberration, not sane etc? How many times would a Scientologist be exposed to these particular "LRH data" in the course of his normal study?

As others have already mentioned it, the Dianetics book and the Science of Survival give a few references, as the very first steps of the Basic courses everybody must go through - at least in the past 10 years it has been so.

I had to do these and still remember it very well, after years - one simply can't miss these data.

And with Laura Prepon's words: "The Basics are great. Science of Survival is a great book and it has data that is so vital to being an artist." http://defamer.gawker.com/read-laura-prepons-insane-interview-in-scientologys-cel-1716244822

As a smaller scale celeb myself, plus having worked at a CC and much more with PR also in the SO, I would say that all these interviews and any other public utterances are controlled by OSA PR, therefore is saying what she was told to say, regardless of what she actually knows about the subject.

Last edited:

Sis O' Sign

Patron with Honors

There is the PR stance as one explanation---do whatever it takes to make Scientology look good, as that is the greatest good and we need to communicate at the public's reality level. Society's take on homosexuality is changing, so the PR might be looking to align with that--especially after the blowback on Prop 8.

You nailed it, that's how it goes. :clap:

And there is another point where this story has failed terribly: whoever has approved whatever Laura was supposed to say, is incompetent beyond measure and should be taken off post immediately - I wouldn't wish RPF or low conditions on them, but they did an irreparable damage to the organization :happydance:

Because one of the elementary PR principles is that one is not allowed to use Scn terms in Div6 context - which means you can't use them in front of new Scientologists or non-Scientologists, so as not to give them MUs.

But this Celebrity interview, heavily loaded with Scn lingo and out in the Big World now and can be read by everyone, will be quite impossible for CofS PR to handle.

Last edited:

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron

The Underground Bunker is starting to engage in witch hunt. Tony Ortega might want to watch more closely the quality of his free lancers work before publishing. Hopefully this was only a one off of his previous balanced and fair reporting style.

Ok, Laura Prepon said this:

“I’ve been a Scientologist since 1999 and I’ve never come across any piece of information that remotely is negative or derogatory in any way towards the LGBT community.”

How anybody can deduct from Laura Prepons statement that she would be a liar is beyond my sense of logic. Why would I assume immediately that she is lying? What kind of twisted thinking is that? She might as well say the truth and frankly, it seems to me that she is exactly doing that given the fact that celebrities are given the better version.

And then the writer from Underground Bunker goes on to further spin his article by asking hypothetical questions which "might have asked" but haven't. The writer of the article resorts to "fictional" questions, which haven't been asked to Laura Prepon as further "proof" that she would be a liar.

This particular Underground Bunker article is defamatory and trying to make a story out of nothing.

Dipshit troll says what?

John McMaster, the first clear, was gay.

Hubbard continually attacked him because of his sexual orientation.

Mike

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

John McMaster, the first clear, was gay.

Hubbard continually attacked him because of his sexual orientation.

Mike

I wonder if, in the latest "correction" of LRH materials, has DM deleted the anti-gay references?

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I wonder if, in the latest "correction" of LRH materials, has DM deleted the anti-gay references?
In a way I hope he has. What better way to expose the disingenuousness of the cult than to display a 'before' and 'after'?

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

dm has yet another reason to re-publish - and re-sell - old books defiled by talking bad about gays by some SP. :omg:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Scientology will only let Laura Prepon see what they want her to see.

Scientology has to "hit home". Eventually it does.

Is Laura Prepon gay?

If so - she will eventually find out.

Scientology "grants beingness" and "if it is true for you - it is true" - and that keeps them in the bubble.

Paul Haggis went through it - it took him 30 years to finally see the light.

Amber62

Patron

I just came across this thread looking up Laura interviews. There was a post here claiming Tom Cruise and Laura Prepon are linked, and just wanted to point out that it was false; Laura herself rebuked that tabloid rumor:

"It's just so funny that, when people don't know, they just make stuff up, [like] apparently I'm dating Tom Cruise right now. And apparently he doesn't want me doing the show because I portray a lesbian and I'm a Scientologist.This is false; where are they even getting this stuff? It's unbelievable to me."

Amber62

Patron

I just came across this thread looking up Laura interviews. There was a post here claiming Tom Cruise and Laura Prepon are linked, and just wanted to point out that it was false; Laura herself rebuked that baseless rumor:

"It's just so funny that, when people don't know, they just make stuff up, [like] apparently I'm dating Tom Cruise right now. And apparently he doesn't want me doing the show because I portray a lesbian and I'm a Scientologist.This is false; where are they even getting this stuff? It's unbelievable to me."
source: http://latimes.com/entertainment/go...reaction-scientology-lgbt-20140422-story.html

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

I just came across this thread looking up Laura interviews. There was a post here claiming Tom Cruise and Laura Prepon are linked, and just wanted to point out that it was false; Laura herself rebuked that baseless rumor:

source: http://latimes.com/entertainment/go...reaction-scientology-lgbt-20140422-story.html
That is a shame. If ever two people truly deserved each other, it is those two.

Such, such a shame.

Then again, isn't she too old for Tom? :confused2:

But back to the topic of this thread! Although posted in the Leah Remini thread, I think Nora Crest's exceptionally excellent video is also relevant here.

[video=youtube;_-lkYwv-nHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-lkYwv-nHQ[/video]

Published on Dec 14, 2016

Nora Crest breaks down the Scientology viewpoint about gay people and why in no uncertain terms you can NOT be gay in Scientology.

If you are having thoughts of suicide or self harm, please contact:

The Trevor Project: 866-438-7386
http://www.thetrevorproject.org

National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Nora can be contacted at:

[email protected]
Twitter: @1ragingbuddha

Last edited:

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron

Yet there's for example Emily Armstrong who's scientologist and openly gay. E.g https://www.autostraddle.com/kristen-stewart-had-a-very-gay-24-hours-337635/
L Ron Hubbard instructed followers to try and recruit 'opinion leaders' - those who are leaders in various fields including the arts - who have the potential for influencing larger numbers of people to join Scientology (hard to fathom I know in this age of terrible publicity, but over the years people like Tom Cruise and John Travolta have attracted people to Scientology).

It would be difficult to attract people by being completely open about LRH's view on homosexuality, which he considered perverted and sexually degraded (please watch Nora's video).

Yes there are some famous and not so famous gay people in Scientology (Travolta anyone...?)

For Scientology, someone like Emily Armstrong's primary value is her ability to get other people in. They will happily string her along and take her money, but guaranteed, she will be restricted in her involvement because of her sexuality. And those who provide her with auditing will be disgusted behind her back, that he is gay. Nora was part of that group and was given hard labour for kissing a girl. You might want to look at Derek Bloch's story too, another gay teenager from the Sea Org, abandoned by his family because of his sexuality.

Scientology will have no issue with Laura Prepon and Alanna Masterson playing gay characters on TV, because it presents as success for Scientology. But as far as the teachings of the church and the belief of its 'clergy' and most dedicated members, homosexuality is degraded.

Paul Haggis was a Scientologist and has gay daughters. Everything went swimmingly for him until a Scientology centre supported proposition 8 and the cherch did not retract the sentiment (turns out this was a great thing because his departure led to a New Yorker article, which led to a NYT best selling book, which led to an Emmy award winning Alex Gibney documentary...)

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2011/02/14/the-apostate-lawrence-wright

It would be so easy to spot bigots in this world if they were loud and open about what they felt, but no, people don't broadcast these prejudices. However, a little reading about Scientology makes it clear that Prepon is either deluded or a hypocrite.

ADDED:

Found this link while googling Emily Armstrong Scientology (hadn't heard of her). See what insiders have to say about how Catherine Bell is viewed after forming a relationship with a woman
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/cc-gala-whats-missing/

Amber62

Patron

Thanks for the info. I'd begun educating myself further about this organization (reading from all sides, not just one viewpoint) to know what's going on and what the difference experiences are.
But, I'm not sure why you all inflict the actions and attitudes of right-wing, anti-gay people in the organization on the many individuals in scientology who clearly aren't and are liberal-minded. There are extremists in every religion or religious organization - all of which have had their controversies, including murder, hate crimes, terrorism, and pedophilia. The other people in the religion don't need to be stoned or shamed because others may believe or engage in unethical rhetoric or behavior. People often hold views that are contrary to the religious affiliations that they have. People - religious and non-religious, have diverse views which sometimes conform with their traditions and sometimes do not.

It's beyond me that you dismissively group them all together. None of the millions of catholics who aren't pedophiles are responsible for the priests who engaged in pedophilia; they aren't responsible for whatever the Pope does either; or what any other Catholic does. They are only responsible for their own beliefs and actions They continue living their own lives, having their faith and philosophies, going and donating to church, participating in their religious/community events, etc. So why are all the other non-extremist scientologists grouped together with the extremists and implicitly accused of believing/acting the same as them? There's a complete double standard here with this group of people (scientologists), and I just can't reconcile (rightly) trashing a right-wing, anti-gay, corrupt sect and targeting and trashing all other individuals who don't engage or accept the extremists' views. You're basically engaging in what you criticize, and targeting/discriminating against people just because they believe in something weird (which is the case for billions of people the world over). Don't you see this?