What's new

From Cradle to Slave: Nora Crest talks about Scientology and sex

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
This is going to be a great video series! Love it, thanks Nora.

We told you earlier that Nora was starting a series of her own about what it’s like to grow up in Scientology and work in its restrictive Sea Org. Today, she’s launching her series, “Growing Up Scientology: From Cradle to Slave,” with a piece about her own experiences learning about the organization’s attitudes about sex.

As Nora explains, Sea Org members are taught that there’s a hierarchy of sexual transgressions in Scientology, and that only heterosexual sex — in the missionary position, and between married adults — is actually permitted. But as for everything else, there’s a descending scale of venality, and she lays out those rules here and has a lot of fun doing it. give it a look!
http://tonyortega.org/2015/07/28/fr...es-with-frank-talk-about-scientology-and-sex/

[video=youtube;wfM6H9aQss8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=186&v=wfM6H9aQss8[/video]

Glenda

Crusader
Thank you FTS for posting this.

Good work Nora. Thank you.

Personally brought back some stuff I had forgotten about. Why is this cult so utterly barbaric about sex and masturbation? Seriously. Don't answer that, I actually know why. His name was Hubbard and he was totally screwed up about most things, including intimacy on every level.

It is great Nora is talking about this stuff. :yes:

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
I watched this video earlier today. Great job by Nora.

Somehow I've missed the part about $cientology dictating how couples make love. Seriously. I knew about the "no masturbation" but I never knew about the "no oral sex" and "Missionary position only".

Do people actually follow this? Sheesh! And if you chose not to follow the rules. do you then have to confess to this in auditing sessions?

This is truly weird! :eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Glenda

Crusader
I watched this video earlier today. Great job by Nora.

Somehow I've missed the part about $cientology dictating how couples make love. Seriously. I knew about the "no masturbation" but I never knew about the "no oral sex" and "Missionary position only".

Do people actually follow this? Sheesh! And if you chose not to follow the rules. do you then have to confess to this in auditing sessions?

This is truly weird! :eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Yes, yes and yes. True believers do. I did. Yes it is more strict in the Sea Org but even in lower org areas this stuff exists.

You want the whole story of what that does to a person? You want to know what it does to someone's head knowing that every time you either self-pleasure, or have sex, that it is NOT a private moment? It bends your head right out of shape.

You want to know what it feels like to have "eyes in the room" with you at all times? Cos that's what it feels like. You know that if you do anything "devious" you will have to "handle it" later. This is what invisible chains - a prison of belief - is like in the bedroom.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Oh Glenda, that is so bizarre. And so wrong.

I am really glad Nora is speaking up about this subject and hope that others do also. One thing to consider is that the media loves anything salacious because "sex sells". I'd sure like to see information about this particular aspect of $cientology get mainstream coverage. Because widespread advance knowledge of their "sex rules for couples" would surely keep even MORE new people out of the $cientology orgs!

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I once saw a Knowledge Report written on a staff member by the OES (Organization Executive Secretary). It was about something that had come up in a sec check.

The KR was for "sexual perversion" which was further described as "licking substances off her husband's body".

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Growing Up (Scientology) From Cradle to Slave . . . that is a wonderful title. Full marks for that.

Paul

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
A fascinating video! I wasn't in the Sea Org for very long, and I was already married when I signed up, so a lot of the 'out 2D' stuff didn't apply to me personally, (well, apart from the oral sex and... never mind) but even still, I don't remember hearing about these draconian measures when I was in. Certainly as a regular staff-member none of that stuff (no masturbating/oral sex etc.) applied, at least not in the late 60's/early70's.

Apart from the persecution and denigration of gay people, this crazy shit seems to have originated with Miscavige. I've seen a photo of his wife, and unless it was taken in a very good light, she looked absolutely stunning. To have her locked away somewhere and not be seeing her seems insane to me, and if she were my wife [strike]you'd need a crowbar to prise me off of her[/strike] wild horses couldn't drag me away, so my point is, there is something seriously wrong with him and his attitude to sex.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Apart from the persecution and denigration of gay people, this crazy shit seems to have originated with Miscavige. I've seen a photo of his wife, and unless it was taken in a very good light, she looked absolutely stunning, and to have her locked away somewhere and not be seeing her seems insane to me. If she was my wife you'd need a crowbar to prise me off of her, so my point is there is something seriously wrong with him and his attitude to sex.

I think the dwarf's problem with Shelly is that she is her own woman. Relevant video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Paul

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
A fascinating video! I wasn't in the Sea Org for very long, and I was already married when I signed up, so a lot of the 'out 2D' stuff didn't apply to me personally, but even still, I don't remember hearing about these draconian measures when I was in. Certainly as a regular staff-member none of that stuff (no mastubating/oral sex etc.) applied, at least not in the late 60's/early70's.

Apart from the persecution and denigration of gay people, this crazy shit seems to have originated with Miscavige. I've seen a photo of his wife, and unless it was taken in a very good light, she looked absolutely stunning, and to have her locked away somewhere and not be seeing her seems insane to me. If she was my wife you'd need a crowbar to prise me off of her, so my point is there is something seriously wrong with him and his attitude to sex.

From what I understand of the early days especially in the Sea Org bed hopping was acceptable, but slowly it changed and now it's become completely silly. The good thing is knowing that even if I lost my marbles and rejoined the SO I wouldn't qualify for anything near the demented genital fixated krill. Such a fixation the little man has I can only ask WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM? and do we have any proof of it? Maybe his dad will throw some light onto it.

I wonder what he'd make of this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSHPtJyIxwo

strativarius

I think the dwarf's problem with Shelly is that she is her own woman. Relevant video:
Paul
Then maybe we should lay the blame for this at Shelly's door. He can't get any, and if he can't, then he doesn't want anybody else to get any either.

Perhaps his next ruling will be that all SO members are to be celibate.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Then maybe we should lay the blame for this at Shelly's door. He can't get any, and if he can't, then he doesn't want anybody else to get any either.

Just a thought.

Haven't you forgotten Laurisse?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Personally brought back some stuff I had forgotten about. Why is this cult so utterly barbaric about sex and masturbation? Seriously. Don't answer that, I actually know why. His name was Hubbard and he was totally screwed up about most things, including intimacy on every level.

I think it's more like "the more 'overts' we have on somebody, the more we can control them by making them guilty about it".

From the novel "Atlas Shrugged":
“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”

― Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

Just a thought.

In a way he already has. No do it yourself, no extramarital, and if you marry then one or both is sent on mission to another continent. That is almost like castration, let alone celibacy.

It's a control mechanism, you make 'what comes naturally' a sin and then blackmail and control them for sinning. It's like making it illegal to breathe. You know people will do it and then you can manipulate them.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Apart from the persecution and denigration of gay people, this crazy shit seems to have originated with Miscavige. I've seen a photo of his wife, and unless it was taken in a very good light, she looked absolutely stunning. To have her locked away somewhere and not be seeing her seems insane to me, and if she were my wife [strike]you'd need a crowbar to prise me off of her[/strike] wild horses couldn't drag me away, so my point is there is something seriously wrong with him and his attitude to sex.

Consider that, as far as we know, he's been separate from her for years.

So either he's been living a celibate life, or he's breaking his own 2D rules.

Terril park

Sponsor
A fascinating video! I wasn't in the Sea Org for very long, and I was already married when I signed up, so a lot of the 'out 2D' stuff didn't apply to me personally, (well, apart from the oral sex and... never mind) but even still, I don't remember hearing about these draconian measures when I was in. Certainly as a regular staff-member none of that stuff (no masturbating/oral sex etc.) applied, at least not in the late 60's/early70's.

I was public after 1982 and left in 1991. I never heard of these draconian rules.
Maybe unlikely as it sounds UK was a liberal Scn area?

strativarius

Haven't you forgotten Laurisse?

Maybe the smart thing is for me to do some research, but instead I'm just going to come right out and say I haven't forgotten Laurisse because I haven't a clue who Laurisse is. I'm guessing it might be Miscavige's new partner but...

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I was public after 1982 and left in 1991. I never heard of these draconian rules.
Maybe unlikely as it sounds UK was a liberal Scn area?

These are SO rules, I doubt that public got too much caught up in this sort of thing unless they were sent to ethics for bringing up witholds too often about oral anal or solo sex. It seems in some far away lower orgs public have been allowed on lines who are homosexual. The 2D rules policy letter did say that what you do is up to you, and some orgs actually follow that, but the SO is diffrerent. It's not demanding no orgasms for a while but for a billion years. The only non perverse sex would be to procreate and that is forbidden. A billion years without an orgasm!!!!!!!

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe the smart thing is for me to do some research, but instead I'm just going to come right out and say I haven't forgotten Laurisse because I haven't a clue who Laurisse is. I'm guessing it might be Miscavige's new partner but...
She's DM's "communicator". Dark short hair, on a double date at the motorcycle races several years ago:
TCrace1.png

dm2.jpg
Tom-Cruise-Katie-Holmes-0708.jpg
article-0-16D65117000005DC-525_634x523.jpg