CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Now only a 25% discount on Scientology Religious Status. :(

From Mike Rinder: http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-42/

Screenshot-362.png

countdown-2015-03-22-1-Copy.jpg

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
That second graph wit the thermometer or big ass pill graph, whichever you prefer, makes no sense to me. The graph starts at 3 (million?) raised. How can a fundraising graph being going up to zero? They can't be this stupid, what am I missing here?

Maybe the Valley Org is so broke they have to reuse their old stock graphics, even if it makes no sense, because they are out of credits on their istock account.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
That second graph wit the thermometer or big ass pill graph, whichever you prefer, makes no sense to me. The graph starts at 3 (million?) raised. How can a fundraising graph being going up to zero? They can't be this stupid, what am I missing here?

Maybe the Valley Org is so broke they have to reuse their old stock graphics, even if it makes no sense, because they are out of credits on their istock account.
Yeah, I've never seen a fundraising graph done that way anywhere else. The numbers don't represent the amount raised. The numbers represent the amount that still NEEDS to be raised; the amount of the deficit. (As I recall they started out needing $20 or $30 million.) They now need only $1.6 million.

Leland

Crusader
Yeah, I've never seen a fundraising graph done that way anywhere else. The numbers don't represent the amount raised. The numbers represent the amount that still NEEDS to be raised; the amount of the deficit. (As I recall they started out needing $20 or $30 million.) They now need only $1.6 million.

Yes, it is strange.....I can understand that it is upside down...and showing what still remains to be raised..( donated )...

But since there is no scale to the graph.....It can't really be understood.

If each line is 100k....then yes 1.6 still needs to be raised...out of a total of 3 million.

But 3 million doesn't sound right.

If each line is 1 million.....then the total goal is 30 million....and 16 million still needs to be raised...?

Anyway...this 25% "completion award" for donating for a STATUS is ridiculous....what a sad Cult joke...

Edited: Oh, I see.....there is a "broken line" at the bottom....so the whole "thermometer" is not visible on the poster....

So, I imagine that each line is 100k.....and 1.6 Million is left to be raised....

But can't see the beginning point...

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
A goodly chunk of the cash is "committed" as in "pledged but not received". I'd guess that Department 7 Collections is going to have trouble collecting a lot of it once the "must contribute to" wears off and those hornswaggled people come back down to Earth.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
That second graph wit the thermometer or big ass pill graph, whichever you prefer, makes no sense to me.
<snip>

It's not supposed to make sense - it's Hubbardism!

Although, Jeeze... the stupid, it hurts.

IRS gonna have some fun times, picking through the remains of this UFO cult.