What's new

Debbie Cook - the story behind the story

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
It all just smacks of a "handling" to me the more I think about it and the more I read others' recollections--as well as remember my own. Why is it always a handling?

Either Marty did a "handling" on us back in 2012 by "strategically uttering upset" over the settlement, or Mike is handling now by saying that both he and Marty urged her to settle all along.

I guess old OSA operatives never truly change all of their spots. :duh:

you know what, who gives a fuck about what you think a handling is or not is,

The only only fucking handling is that there are no clears or OT's or space asnonauts. And fuk'in scientology is but a scam and a PR and Marketing scheme hidden under religion.

nitpick all you want about debbie cook and her settlement. WTF

Why don't you nitpick about the scam of it all and not us members who were once involved.

Lone Star

Crusader
you know what, who gives a fuck about what you think a handling is or not is,

The only only fucking handling is that there are no clears or OT's or space asnonauts. And fuk'in scientology is but a scam and a PR and Marketing scheme hidden under religion.

nitpick all you want about debbie cook and her settlement. WTF

Why don't you nitpick about the scam of it all and not us members who were once involved.

Why don't you go take a flying leap in a rolling donut?

I can have any opinion I choose to have there cowboy. Deal with it. But, I haven't even really criticized her settlement per se. Others have. I am wondering aloud about the veracity of Rathbun and Rinder. Two known for playing loose with the truth, both while still in and out of the cult.

....and I was also a member....sunshine.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
The book has not been released yet, AFAIK. It looks like Aug. 7, and this boy don't do pre-order. Give me the product when I give you the money, or GTFO, Amazon. Greedy fuckers.

Here's the deal. I think she's still got Laffy's blinders on. And Laffy's definition of "science" is so far from mine I can't see his with the Hubble Telescope.

that's speculation, Mr Science.

Leland

Crusader
Someone above mentions that Debbie could have dropped the hammer on IAS donation "irregularities...." so to speak....

But what gets me is......

How many deaths of Cult Members while at Flag....must Debbie Cook have information about?

How many "cover ups" must she have been involved in?

How many blows....were brought back....under her Command...?

Last edited:

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
Why don't you go take a flying leap in a rolling donut?

I can have any opinion I choose to have there cowboy. Deal with it. But, I haven't even really criticized her settlement per se. Others have. I am wondering aloud about the veracity of Rathbun and Rinder. Two known past prevaricators, both while in and afterwards.

....and I was also a member....sunshine.

we are on the same terms, I gave my opinion, as did you. But what you think about clear and OT?

And I ain't a cowboy, I'm more of a chicago boy, mafia type. :roflmao:

Sindy

Crusader
we are on the same terms, I gave my opinion, as did you. But what you think about clear and OT?

Sorry, you haven't been around long enough to understand the whole spectrum of reactions on the Debbie Cook thing which, btw is what Mike's blog and this thread are all about so any commentary on that is appropriate here. Lurk some more and fill yourself in mafia boy. Oh, and I'm a Chicago girl, so bring it. :biggrin:

Lone Star

Crusader

You bore me.

I'm way beyond yammering on about clears and OTs. Bores the living shit out of me.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
. . .
Been thinking along the same lines of what HH wrote all day. True dat!

Did Monique Yingling show up at Mike Rinder's in Denver (he was selling Toyotas at a car lot at the time)
with a $5 million cash offer (pre-2009 era) to keep silent or am I imagining reading this?

That's what I remember reading too. Don't know if it is true.

But, even if it is true, it's not that big a deal--because I was offered much more by the COS ($ 7.5M) to stop posting J&D on ESMB.

I flat out turned down their insulting offer!

HEY SCIENTOLOGY....READ MY LIPS--

I CANNOT BE BOUGHT!!

I cannot be bought However my silence can be ($10M)

ScottPerry--sp--not-xscn

Patron with Honors
That's what I remember reading too. Don't know if it is true.

But, even if it is true, it's not that big a deal--because I was offered much more by the COS ($ 7.5M) to stop posting J&D on ESMB.

I flat out turned down their insulting offer!

HEY SCIENTOLOGY....READ MY LIPS--

I CANNOT BE BOUGHT!!

I cannot be bought However my silence can be ($10M)

hey, what's that little small print thingie?

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Did Monique Yingling show up at Mike Rinder's in Denver (he was selling Toyotas at a car lot at the time)
with a $5 million cash offer (pre-2009 era) to keep silent or am I imagining reading this?
From a 2010 Mike Rinder open letter to his family

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/an-open-letter-to-my-family-by-mike-rinder/

"When Monique called me and said she was in town and wanted to see me, I arranged to see her. I would have done the same with you (though Tommy came all the way to Denver and stated he was there to see me too – but when I tried to call him to arrange a time and place, Monique wouldn’t let him talk to me).

"So the record is clear, it was only after the 6 man team came to Denver to try and handle me and I told Monique she should go back to LA and deal with the rot that was destroying Scientology from within that you all decided to write to me. This was two years after I had left the SO."

------------------

"[my mother] couldn’t do OT IX and X as they don’t exist. So, the letters that you then sent to me, along with the less than subtle effort to buy my silence by Monique, solidified my conviction that I could not ignore the destruction of Scientology at the hands of David Miscavige."

I'm thinkin' it was $5 million, best I can recall, now that I've located Mike's letter.

He doesn't specifically say, but I might have heard via a trusted back channel.

Sindy

Crusader
funny response, you're bored.

Do you think they exist or not?

I don't think they exist is my answer, and I know they don't exist.

No, they don't exist which has nothing to do with Debbie Cook and her settlement except obliquely so your earlier argument was a strawman. Hey Billy Blinder, just a Chicago mafia-type ribbing for you :cheers:

Sindy

Crusader
Since I love the Headleys and Mike, I am going to assume the best and just ask them what the deal is for more clarity. I will post here what I find. Thanks for everyone else's recollection. At least I know my memory is in tact.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
No, they don't exist which has nothing to do with Debbie Cook and her settlement except obliquely so your earlier argument was a strawman. Hey Billy Blinder, just a Chicago mafia-type ribbing for you :cheers:

thank you, no clears or OT exist.

I wasn't trying to present a strawman agrument, these things can be tricky.

My only point of view is that no Clears or OT's exist.

And don't worry chicago girl, your Money Making video on the Truth Rundown series helped me out.

And I ain't a cowboy. LOL

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
That filled in a lot of gaps I had in that story

She helped get the reform momentum going in a very specific way, just simply quote lrh, and that works for any argument because he contradicts himself so much

In a situation like this, I always wonder why now? Why is Rinder bringing this all up now?

Is it because of her book? Or is the other shoe about to drop?

And what's the other shoe?

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Someone above mentions that Debbie could have dropped the hammer on IAS donation "irregularities...." so to speak....

But what gets me is......

How many deaths of Cult Members while at Flag....must Debbie Cook have information about?

How many "cover ups" must she have been involved in?

How many blows....were brought back....under her Command...?

When she said she knew where the bodies were hidden, I didn't get the sense she was speaking metaphorically.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Sorry, you haven't been around long enough to understand the whole spectrum of reactions on the Debbie Cook thing which, btw is what Mike's blog and this thread are all about so any commentary on that is appropriate here. Lurk some more and fill yourself in mafia boy. Oh, and I'm a Chicago girl, so bring it. :biggrin:

I posted the link without comment for a reason. I've been here too long. :coolwink: