What's new

Debbie Cook - the story behind the story

Terril park

Sponsor
In a situation like this, I always wonder why now? Why is Rinder bringing this all up now?

Is it because of her book? Or is the other shoe about to drop?

And what's the other shoe?

This is what he said about why he's bringing it up now.

"It’s been some time since any news about Debbie Cook has surfaced. Then last weekend Tony Ortega posted that she has just published a book on Amazon about recovering from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue.

Although I haven’t spoken to Debbie in years, I have thought about her and Wayne many times and after reading some of the comments on Tony’s blog, I felt some background information might be of interest to fill in a few blanks and perhaps dispel some misconceptions."

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
IMHO - Debbie Cook needs to do more to make up the damage.

She hurt a lot of people. Pay some of those families back that were shattered during your "tenure" Debbie. It is the right thing to do. I recall her driving a BEEMER around the Flag Land Base. She purchased it with her COMMISSION after shattering Mia Pia Gardini's life and extracting her last dime. I had forgotten about the Mia Pia Gardini Story - here it is for any lurkers:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=tIXvE_hqbUvOK1FS5WLZMQ&bvm=bv.99556055,d.cWw

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=tIXvE_hqbUvOK1FS5WLZMQ&bvm=bv.99556055,d.cWw

Scientology got $2,000,000 out of Maria Pia Gardini - she died of cancer. They destroyed her after getting all of her money.

I had friends that were OOT's during her tenure. They said she was vicious and evil.

Someone reported that she is doing well after 3 years. Someone commented on how nice that is for her - meanwhile their family NEVER recovered. I feel for the one's that are ruined and never paid anything. I have no one that was on staff, I was never on staff - but there were people in our Org that committed suicide and / or went crazy because of Scientology.

I am sick of the assholes at the top - that worked with Miscavige - they escape, become famous, write books and get paid off with BLOOD MONEY while the lowly staff member's life is ruined and they just get discarded without sorrow. BY TAKING THE BLOOD MONEY in exchange for SILENCE - they KEEP SCIENTOLOGY WORKING! Stupid morons!

She pisses me off and the fools that worship her like she is some type of god - is sickening!

I am disappointed with Mike Rinder for making her look like some kind of hero.

She needs to do MORE!

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
--snipped--

My only point is that I've noticed there's a trend toward "fast flow forgiveness."

Steal hundreds of millions under false pretenses one year . . . a championed smiling whistle blower and blogger the next. Oh, well.

How oddly mercurial Scientologists are! Perhaps their shocking behavioral reversals are proof that the tech works (at long last!)--particularly Grade III.

Or is their erratically capricious behavior indicative of something far more opportunistically & expediently darker. We shall not speculate here on how certain Scientologists came to "rise above" other Scientologists (other than wondering if they are perhaps simply getting in touch with their "inner whore").

Perhaps it is none of the above, but instead falls under the same profoundly altruistic category called "clearing--and the three essential phases that certain Scientologists go through en route to 'total freedom'.

The on-the-bridge Floating Needle Phase:
"Clearing the Planet of Criminality, Insanity & War"

The off-the-bridge-chattering-nattering Whistleblowing Phase: "Clearing the Planet of Scientology Criminality, Insanity & War"

The "I came - I obnosed - I cashed out" Phase: "Clearing the Planet of Personal Bills"

EDIT NOTE: That last phase is aka 'The Settlement Phase'. Thus far, my scientific research is showing up some very troublesome data which suggest that people who ultimately exited Scientology with a big settlement check typically and originally likewise entered Scientology (and also functioned during their active duty within the church) with other than spiritual & humanitarian motives.

Last edited:

Lone Star

Crusader
Two great phrases thanks to IL2L and HH:

Fast flow forgiveness and Inner whore

:lol:

Both sum it up wonderfully

Last edited:

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I thought the book would have been called:
" From Mecca of Tech Captain - to Dumpster Biaaach - How $cn Ethics can improve your life and health"

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Really? I now there were lots who donated who did not get paid back -- my husband and I being one. In the end, what she got out there in the court records was worth it to me but I still felt lied to and manipulated. A few of these finer details would have helped A LOT.

She did not pay you back?

She is a creep!

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
IMHO - Debbie Cook needs to do more to make up the damage.

She hurt a lot of people. Pay some of those families back that were shattered during your "tenure" Debbie. It is the right thing to do. I recall her driving a BEEMER around the Flag Land Base. She purchased it with her COMMISSION after shattering Mia Pia Gardini's life and extracting her last dime. I had forgotten about the Mia Pia Gardini Story - here it is for any lurkers:

Scientology got $2,000,000 out of Maria Pia Gardini - she died of cancer. They destroyed her after getting all of her money.

I had friends that were OOT's during her tenure. They said she was vicious and evil.

Someone reported that she is doing well after 3 years. Someone commented on how nice that is for her - meanwhile their family NEVER recovered. I feel for the one's that are ruined and never paid anything. I have no one that was on staff, I was never on staff - but there were people in our Org that committed suicide and / or went crazy because of Scientology.

I am sick of the assholes at the top - that worked with Miscavige - they escape, become famous, write books and get paid off with BLOOD MONEY while the lowly staff member's life is ruined and they just get discarded without sorrow. BY TAKING THE BLOOD MONEY in exchange for SILENCE - they KEEP SCIENTOLOGY WORKING! Stupid morons!

She pisses me off and the fools that worship her like she is some type of god - is sickening!

I am disappointed with Mike Rinder for making her look like some kind of hero.

She needs to do MORE!

Take a chill pill my friend. Debbie Cook ain't the enemy. She wrote a beautiful KR on DM and sent it to thousands of members who friended her on Facebook and other sites, she had comm lines in which to communicate the real truth about DM. As Hubbard said, the most important thing in scientology is comm lines.

I don't think she knew she was gonna be sued by the COS, I just don't think the whole thing was planned. The chips fell where they fell, and then one thing leads to another.

The real enemy here is DM and his lawyers, and behind that is LRH with his Bullshit Clear & OT.

Her email to me was a godsend, for once somebody high up in the make believe fake navy of scientology saw what I saw, it opened me eyes, as well as many others.

Lets not get stuck in exchange keeps the bank off, LOL

How many times have you bought into the sales pitch of some restaurant claiming the best meal, or some contractor selling excellent service, only to find out it sucked, so you wasted a few hundred for example, you know what I mean, IRL

Take a chill pill my friend. Debbie Cook ain't the enemy. She wrote a beautiful KR on DM and sent it to thousands of members who friended her on Facebook and other sites, she had comm lines in which to communicate the real truth about DM. As Hubbard said, the most important thing in scientology is comm lines.

I don't think she knew she was gonna be sued by the COS, I just don't think the whole thing was planned. The chips fell where they fell, and then one thing leads to another.

The real enemy here is DM and his lawyers, and behind that is LRH with his Bullshit Clear & OT.

Her email to me was a godsend, for once somebody high up in the make believe fake navy of scientology saw what I saw, it opened me eyes, as well as many others.

Lets not get stuck in exchange keeps the bank off, LOL

How many times have you bought into the sales pitch of some restaurant claiming the best meal, or some contractor selling excellent service, only to find out it sucked, so you wasted a few hundred for example, you know what I mean, IRL

If it's a case of "the enemy" or not, you might be wrong. She might be the enemy. You haven't said why she isn't, except that she benefited you and others, but that was likely more accidental than anything, as she went about getting maximum benefit for herself.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
This is what he said about why he's bringing it up now.

"It’s been some time since any news about Debbie Cook has surfaced. Then last weekend Tony Ortega posted that she has just published a book on Amazon about recovering from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue.

Although I haven’t spoken to Debbie in years, I have thought about her and Wayne many times and after reading some of the comments on Tony’s blog, I felt some background information might be of interest to fill in a few blanks and perhaps dispel some misconceptions."

After I read that on Rinder's blog, I word cleared "shore story".

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
If it's a case of "the enemy" or not, you might be wrong. She might be the enemy. You haven't said why she isn't, except that she benefited you and others, but that was likely more accidental than anything, as she went about getting maximum benefit for herself.

Truthfully, I have no idea what you are talking about in that comment.

How in fuckin's name is she the enemy? :confused2:

I have no connections to her, nor do I wish any.

You actually speak shermanspeak.

Truthfully, I have no idea what you are talking about in that comment.

How in fuckin's name is she the enemy? :confused2:

I have no connections to her, nor do I wish any.

You said she is not the enemy.

For you, Ok. Some others clearly have a less benign opinion, although they might not use the word 'enemy'. 'Asshole' is one word that was used to include her along with others.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors

For you, Ok. Some others clearly have a less benign opinion, although they might not use the word 'enemy'. 'Asshole' is one word that was used to include her along with others.

tell me the specifics on my use of the word "asshole" to include her?

lets be specific here.

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors

That's more shermanspeak from you. God, here's an ad hom I saying to you, you are a dick, and asshole.

Feel free to ban me, moderators.