What's new

New Tampa Bay Times Story from Joe Childs! Church Accountant spills beans

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Former Scientology accountant's novel strategy: Get insiders to help topple Miscavige

A certified public accountant, Jackson also was entrusted to prepare returns for several of Scientology's top officers, including Hubbard's protégé, David Miscavige.

As years passed, the church tightened its institutional embrace. Jackson helped pressure the IRS during Scientology's long battle for tax exempt status. He also worked briefly as a church lawyer.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ntants-novel-strategy-get-insiders-to/2245311

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Here's a new breaking story from Joe Childs at The TB Times.

Great story well worth the read; OT8 Church Accountant spills some beans (story at link)...

In the 1980s, the Church of Scientology trusted devout parishioner James J. Jackson with a heavy responsibility: Do church leader L. Ron Hubbard's taxes.

A certified public accountant, Jackson also was entrusted to prepare returns for several of Scientology's top officers, including Hubbard's protégé, David Miscavige.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ntants-novel-strategy-get-insiders-to/2245311

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Despite our differences in how we view Scientology philosophy, I support Jim 100% on this. And as far as what the church is saying about him, it's all because they know what a threat he is to them. I worked for Jim many years ago and he is one of the smartest and most knowledgeable attorneys and accountants. They are messing with the wrong guy...

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: New Tampa Bay Times Story from Joe Childs!

Jim Jackson was not only an accountant (CPA) of L Ron Hubbard, but of Author Services.

To interfere with a lifelong friendship, Kurt Weiland, former "Commanding Officer" OSA INT Kurt Weiland told Jim Jackson to not associate with me as I was/am "Boarderline SP." It was the first time I heard the designation "Boarderline SP."

Here's some images of fun at a get together New Year's Eve with other SPs. I posted on Facebook and OSA copied them and showed them to various folk showing how SP Jim Jackson was to be hanging with other SPs.
Jim is a barracuda CPA who had won hands down with the IRS for many of his clients.

However in "Fair Game" 80% of his clients have now disconnected from him as orchestrated by Office of Special Affairs. Jim Jackson is also a lawyer admitted to practice in Washington DC, Florida and California.

DSCN1462.jpg

JoeChilds.jpg

JoeChilds3.jpg

DSCN1473.jpg

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
I thought I would upload some of James Jackson's quals that were included in the Tampa Bay Times article.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Jackson-002.jpg
    Jackson-002.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 264
  • Jackson-003.jpg
    Jackson-003.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 253

CommunicatorIC

This is the picture the Tampa Bay Times is attaching to its tweet of the story.

attachment.php

Attachments

• JamesJacksonQuotation.jpg
    JamesJacksonQuotation.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 216

TG1

Angelic Poster
Good show, Jim.

But Jim's plea to CoS officers with legal authority will rise up and hand Miscavige his ass will come to naught, because no one still inside the cult has any balls.

No cigar.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
He's going about it the right way... getting the message out... shaking up the system and players... many of whom know things are not going right anymore.... it takes someone like Jim to put this pressure on the church, someone well known by both those in and out, and knowledgeable in what the legal and PR 'ruds' are supposed to be in..

His letters are an interesting read. Reminds me of all the KRs I wrote up when I was in... attempting to reason, using policy to explain and get management to investigate and stop destructive acts that were going on. Thing is, no one cared...
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2298685-jacksonletters.html

He would have fared better at the start had he emailed one to the public like Debbie Cook did.

Anyway, I am hopeful. SO members signed on to devote their lives in helping Clear the planet and preserving the tech and admin... They, too, have a responsibility to get rid of Miscavige but many are understandably too afraid to do it. But as Jim says, it only takes 2 people -- 2 trustees, to change everything. That's an easy target once we know who they are and where to reach them

Its also nice to see Karen Pouw screw up big time... again

Just read the new post on The Scientology Money Project
Church Spokesman Karin Pouw Destroys Scientology
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/2015/09/13/church-spokesman-karin-pouw-destroys-scientology/

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
Good show, Jim.

But Jim's plea to CoS officers with legal authority will rise up and hand Miscavige his ass will come to naught, because no one still inside the cult has any balls.

No cigar.

Good. Because I don't want anyone to oust Miscavige--who is mismanaging the Church into oblivion in spite of all the hard work and sacrifice of lots of capable people and of thousands of well-meaning minions. If the Co$ actually came under capable leadership, it could actually grow for generations more.

The fact that Scientology's teachings are not factual will not cause its eventual downfall, as evidenced by the Mormons. Joseph Smith's lies were busted a long time ago, yet no one expects the LDS religion to topple until the world ends (which they're hurrying along, but that's another story). If $cientology topples, it will because of exactly what DM is doing: Making it so hard to stay in that followers have a strong incentive to re-examine what they believe.

So I don't want Miscavage ousted. I respect Jim for his efforts to salvage the Church that he believes in, but Jim hasn't looked critically at the evidence for $cn in the first place if he still believes in The Tek. He apparently hasn't asked himself, "where are the Book 1 Clears? What happened to the 275 (?) original subjects of the Dianetics research prior to 1950? It's inconceivable that many of them wouldn't have wound up in the CoS, but none of the Old School original staffers seem to have ever met even ONE of them...? Where did Ron get his Doctorate of Science, or did he lie about that? How could LRH have been almost run down by a freight train on a planet whose surface pressure is greater than ocean bottom and temperatures over the entire surface would melt lead? Etc, etc, etc.?"

So, yeah, Jim experienced some gains back in his early days--like anybody who finds a place in a community with a common purpose and people who accept him; but he's still drinking the Kool-Aid and selling it to others, and I don't want somebody who's actually _competent_ at that to displace Miscavige, who (1) creates an active enemy camp (us and anonymous) and (2) gives a strong incentive within his own camp to re-examine their choices and start thinking critically.

I'd like to see the Co$ become a ragged remnant within my lifetime, just a few straggling diehards like the current Flat-Earthers, whom hardly anybody takes seriously, that pose no threat to anyone in good mental health. That could well happen if DM stays at the helm.

EDIT: In fact, what does everybody think about a petition, signed by as many Exes as we can get, supporting DM as unchallenged Supreme Leader of the Co$, on the grounds that we're overtly seeking the Cherch's downfall and Miscavige's leadership is forwarding our goal?

Last edited:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Karin Pouw the Donkey mouthpiece.
She calls Jim Jackson certifiably insane for "communicating with the dead"

Come on Karin Pouw, Come on.
In the Cherch for 30+ years how can you *Not* know that the Cult
sells its "communicating with the dead" OT Levels III to VIII for lots of hard cash. $$$$$$$Easily $100,000 to $200,000

Whether called BTs or entities or souls they are from previous incarnations and technically "dead" especially on NOTS, they are REALLY dead.

These OT Levels are high price *Trademarked *copyrighted* hush hush cash assets that you must get *eligibility* by no less than OSA to RTC to be invited to.

OT levels are by invitation only.

Give the IAS gobs of money, and you too can be *invited* to the secret secret levels of what Karin Pouw just called insane.

All these *sekrit* OT levels in any case have been on the web here ~~

https://my.pogoplug.com/s/63ZZCwu-2TE/

You do not need to get an account. Just click on Tech Volume 14:yes::yes::yes:

richelieu jr

Good. Because I don't want anyone to oust Miscavige--who is mismanaging the Church into oblivion in spite of all the hard work and sacrifice of lots of capable people and of thousands of well-meaning minions. If the Co$ actually came under capable leadership, it could actually grow for generations more. "

MY FEELINGS EXACTLY!

The idea that "Miscavige is the problem with Scientology" is perhaps the most dangerous one currently in circulation.

The rot comes from the core; and the Source, as we all hear constantly, is Lafayette Ron Hubbard's lying beak.

You cannot reform cancer. Cut it out; Destroy it; Consign it to oblivion. Scientology never did anyone any good intentionally, occasionally as a side-effect and never for long.

This is what makes FreeZoners and so-called 'Independents" not just misguided New-Age Types, but actually dangerous-- They are in the business of resuscitating LRH and excusing his crimes. Miscavige is symptom, not the root cause.

You cannot reform Scientology. It is the problem.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors

She calls Jim Jackson certifiably insane for "communicating with the dead"

Huh!? 'Scuse me? I'm not as acquainted with the Co$'s history as a lot of folks here, but...wasn't DM getting "telepathic" instructions from LRH after LRH "dropped his body?"

For you never-in visitors, "Dropped his body" is $cientologese for "died". People who do that action are known in the Wog world (the world outside $cientology) as "dead."

So isn't "communicating with the dead" the foundation of all the changes in Tech since 1986?

Honestly, sometimes you just have to wonder if the Spokespersons give *any* thought to what they say...

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think he is naive about the realities of Sea Org life and how much real authority or control a Sea Org member exercises. By my count, around 6 of the people in the following list of current and former Trustees and Directors have been subjected to the Hole or RPF.

Jackson is operating on the arguable assumption that DM has changed the fundamental nature of the organization whereas it is more likely he is just being less covert.

This makes me imagine something like the employees of a Waste Management Company trying to reform the Mob that owns it.
3 episodes on Netflix max before a tragic ending.
_____

RELIGIOUS TECHNOLOGY CENTER (RTC)
Mission: RTC holds the copyrights and trademarks to Scientology's practices and assures those trademarked properties are presented as Hubbard intended at various churches.
Trustees: David Miscavige, left, chairman; and at least two other positions.
Directors: unknown.
Officers: CEO Warren McShane, Secretary Laurisse Henley-Smith, CFO Barbara Griffin (submitted to California secretary of state in 2014).

CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY INTERNATIONAL (CSI)
Mission: Oversee ecclesiastical affairs at all Scientology churches. Disseminate Scientology. RTC grants to CSI the religious trademarks.
Trustees: Marc Yager, Mike Sutter, Mark Ingber. Two unknown positions, formerly held by Marty Rathbun and Tom Ashworth (submitted to IRS in 1993).
Directors: Stephanie Horwich, Guillaume Lesevre, Kurt Weiland, Cathy Rinder, one unknown position, formerly held by Mike Rinder (submitted to IRS in 1993).
Officers: CEO Heber Jentzsch, Secretary Lynn Farny, CFO Ellen Reynolds (submitted to California secretary of state in 2014).

CommunicatorIC

Mike Rinder has an observaton on this.

Going Clear Emmy Sweep

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/going-clear-emmy-sweep/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

What is MOST remarkable to me about this story is Miscavige’s desperation to try and discredit Jim Jackson.

Jim Jackson was not only the hand selected accountant that did both Hubbard and Miscavige’s personal tax returns, he IS AN OT VIII.

Yet the church is trying to “dead agent” him by claiming he has “memory loss.” So I guess this OT VIII didnt achieve an end to amnesia on the whole track, in fact, he didn’t even achieve it in this lifetime according to the church (a neurologist who tested him says his memory is perfect…)

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

Save Scientology Blog: Reform Letters Go Public

http://blog.savescientology.com/2015/09/reform-letters-go-public/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Reform Letters Go Public

Posted on September 13, 2015 by Merrell

More than five years ago, the genesis for this website began when three long-term, Scientologist lawyers confabbed in an attempt to calm the media onslaught against the church brought on by the publication of Truth Rundown.

One of the three was Jim Jackson (pictured).

Obviously, we agreed, the allegations being slung against David Miscavige by former high-ranking Sea Org members and international executives needed to be investigated. The wrong solution was to attack the whistleblowers – their rightful label, not liars and criminals as they were being called by Church officials.

We found support in Scientology policy, too. Committees of Evidence. So we decided to write a letter to top Scientology officials and church lawyers. Jackson bravely volunteered his letterhead and signature.

The only problem with our approach, we later discovered, was that the convening authority for worldwide matters, the Executive Director International, Guillaume Lesevre, had allegedly been taken off post and banished to a prison-like facility at the International Base near Hemet, California by David Miscavige.

If true, it meant that Miscavige was beyond the reach of Scientology ethics and justice codes and had no ecclesiastical oversight.

Next question: What about secular law? Boards of directors of nonprofit religious corporations were (and are) required by law to exert ultimate oversight over corporate affairs.

This led to a research project into the corporate governing structure of Scientology, and to more letters. Six in total.

The letters were published today by the Tampa Bay Times as an addendum to its story about Jim Jackson and his reform activities. Tampa Bay Times Article. lll Reform Letters.

The letters were ignored. We then published the findings of our research project on this website.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * * *

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I think he is naive about the realities of Sea Org life and how much real authority or control a Sea Org member exercises. By my count, around 6 of the people in the following list of current and former Trustees and Directors have been subjected to the Hole or RPF.

Jackson is operating on the arguable assumption that DM has changed the fundamental nature of the organization whereas it is more likely he is just being less covert.

This makes me imagine something like the employees of a Waste Management Company trying to reform the Mob that owns it.
3 episodes on Netflix max before a tragic ending.

Part of the problem is that the "official" "legal" structure of Scn is complete fiction, operationally speaking. When I was on staff or in the SO, I didn't even know the "official, legal" structure.

All I knew was that there were people who could declare or RPF me, and that I had better obey their orders. That's all 99% of Scientologists know. The "official legal" structure of Scn is not in course packs, as far as I know, so how would Scientologists come across the info?

When I was in the SO, all I was aware of was that LRH was on top (even though we weren't supposed to acknowledge that to outsiders), and that orders came down via CMO to "official" management.

Leland

Crusader
Part of the problem is that the "official" "legal" structure of Scn is complete fiction, operationally speaking. When I was on staff or in the SO, I didn't even know the "official, legal" structure.

All I knew was that there were people who could declare or RPF me, and that I had better obey their orders. That's all 99% of Scientologists know. The "official legal" structure of Scn is not in course packs, as far as I know, so how would Scientologists come across the info?

When I was in the SO, all I was aware of was that LRH was on top (even though we weren't supposed to acknowledge that to outsiders), and that orders came down via CMO to "official" management.

I agree that this is true....but perhaps due to this .....the Cult could be "hoist by their own petard."

Corporations to have "Charters" "By Laws" and such.....and i imagine that Directors are somewhat legally responsible to perform "Due Diligence" and such.....

I don't think there is another Corporation on Earth....that has more printed and published "policy".

But i agree...a legal quagmire...

I've stated a couple time....that, IMO, the Sea Org should be named as a defendant.......in some lawsuit.

I believe this was one of the Cult's first "end run around the law" by establishing the Sea Org....and not Incorporating it.....

But IMO it is possible to sue "an unincorporated fraternal organization." There is legal precedence on this point.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yes, you can go after an "unincorporated fraternal organization". The Mafia could be described as such, and was gone after.

The existence of stacks of Admin Volumes which detail the proper way to wash windows, and yet make no mention of the official legal structure of the Church would be interesting to have to explain in court.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Exactly, this guy I think has good intentions but there's so much he doesn't know that he'll end up just being a bug on the windshield. Hopefully I'm wrong but other than getting a few people out this guy is going nowhere, there is simply no structure there to deal with Miscavige and in the end that's the best thing anyway.