What's new

New business insider report re: Shelly

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...e-hidden-in-this-spike-fenced-compound-2012-7

Inside the compound where the missing wife of Scientology's leader might be living

Jim Edwards and James Cook

Long article in business insider with pictures by Angry Gay Pope of the CST compound just popped up on my Yahoo page Mimsey

David Miscavige, the leader of the Church of Scientology, is one of the best-known Scientologists in the world. But Miscavige's wife, Shelly Miscavige, hasn't been seen in public since 2006.

The Church of Scientology says Shelly Miscavige isn't missing, and she hasn't been kidnapped. Instead, Scientology says she has been working inside the church.

The disappearance of Shelly Miscavige continues to be a high-profile mystery for Scientology critics and former members. A 2014 Vanity Fair article referred to Shelly Miscavige as "Scientology’s Vanished Queen."
more at link.

Leland

Crusader
The antennas that look like this one in the link below are not satellite antennas, but rather microwave antennas.

Microwave antennas are for "line of sight" transmission.

In other words.....those antennas in the pictures are pointed directly at another similar antenna....some distance away. I don't know the extent of the distance that these might be used. Perhaps a couple miles?

It would be very interesting to find out what they are pointed at.

They would be pointed at another antenna....that is either a relay to yet another antenna.....or could go to an antenna that then goes into more conventional type of communication hub.....

http://www.neobits.com/commscope_an...3l5zJf_1coYGtMU3CI5i2DT7vcR6AwwCqcaAlEO8P8HAQ

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...e-hidden-in-this-spike-fenced-compound-2012-7

Long article in business insider with pictures by Angry Gay Pope of the CST compound just popped up on my Yahoo page Mimsey

more at link.

AGP has taken a lot of heat recently in another thread but he deserves a lot of credit for this kind of work. I believe he also took the close up picture of the high security spiked fence at INT which has become an image associated with Scientology's senior management world wide.

The sister image of the spiked fence in this article may come to represent Shelly's isolation in the same way.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
The antennas that look like this one in the link below are not satellite antennas, but rather microwave antennas.

Microwave antennas are for "line of sight" transmission.

In other words.....those antennas in the pictures are pointed directly at another similar antenna....some distance away. I don't know the extent of the distance that these might be used. Perhaps a couple miles?

It would be very interesting to find out what they are pointed at.

They could be pointed at another antenna....that is either a relay to yet another antenna.....or could go to an antenna that then goes into more conventional type of communication hub.....

http://www.neobits.com/commscope_an...3l5zJf_1coYGtMU3CI5i2DT7vcR6AwwCqcaAlEO8P8HAQ

Since I have a master degree in nuclear physics
May I attempt an answer ????

These Antennas are universe ears...they scout the galaxy and universe to hear sounds
in search of a specific sound
the sound of power of sauce
the sound of power of sauce flying back home in a sort of DC8

It will happen
Linctenstein earth paradise
has not been forgotten on target two
Power of sauce will come back
soon or later

''Get prepared for mission into time II my dear friends
I'll come back soon''
said Ron
the last time I chanelled him :yes:

Leland

Crusader
Just for the hell of it....I took a look at Google Earth.

From Twin Peaks ....."as the crow flys" to Int Base...Gillam Hot Springs....is just over 32 miles.

It is possible that there is line of sight between these two places....

Microwave transmissions such as this can go over 200 miles....I checked.

Leland

Crusader
AGP has taken a lot of heat recently in another thread but he deserves a lot of credit for this kind of work. I believe he also took the close up picture of the high security spiked fence at INT which has become an image associated with Scientology's senior management world wide.

The sister image of the spiked fence in this article may come to represent Shelly's isolation in the same way.

Well stated.

Just for the hell of it....I took a look at Google Earth.

From Twin Peaks ....."as the crow flys" to Int Base...Gillam Hot Springs....is just over 32 miles.

It is possible that there is line of sight between these two places....

Microwave transmissions such as this can go over 200 miles....I checked.
Lets say they are beaming to Int. What would they be beaming? KRs? Daily Stats? Sec Check Transcripts? It really makes one wonder: what are they really for? Beaming a signal into space for big Red? Or Evil Lair Bling?

Mimsey

atlantis10.jpg

These Antennas are universe ears...they scout the galaxy and universe to hear sounds

It will happen
soon or later

I'll come back soon''
said Ron

:roflmao:

You probably meant the power of source, but that's so much funnier! :thumbsup: Sauce - a slang expression for booze. Mimsey

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Gang,

Perhaps slight confusion here...microwave 'dishes' beam, line of sight as stated earlier, yet they beam directly to satellites, not other dishes. but they bounce all around planet earth from satellite to dish and back and forth from there. Totally different then AM/FM transmission...

No mother ship known as yet:)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Lets say they are beaming to Int. What would they be beaming? KRs? Daily Stats? Sec Check Transcripts? It really makes one wonder: what are they really for? Beaming a signal into space for big Red? Or Evil Lair Bling?

When I was in the HGB in the early 90s there was a microwave relay between the HGB and INCOMM three miles away. I guess it's still in use.

What for? Just the regular traffic, the super-secret stuff that they believe will save the universe but is laughable to normal people.

Paul

Leland

Crusader
To Techless: I should have quoted your post above....but here is what I think about it.

Post #1 has pictures taken by AGP....that show various "antennas." One of which is a regular "Dish TV antenna."

But there are other antennas.....in that link that look like this:

images.jpg

This is a line of sight, point to point on earth microwave antenna.

Microwave antennas that are Satellite uplinks (and downlink ? ) to orbiting satellites look like this:

A big one:

images-1.jpg

a smaller one:

3_7_meter_microwave_vsat_antennas.jpg

or this small one....

Hammer_Ace_SATCOM_Antenna.jpg

I am not an antenna expert.....but the antennas in the link in Post #1 are not satellite uplink dishes....they are point to point on earth microwave antennas...

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
When I was in the HGB in the early 90s there was a microwave relay between the HGB and INCOMM three miles away. I guess it's still in use.

What for? Just the regular traffic, the super-secret stuff that they believe will save the universe but is laughable to normal people.

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I think that type of system would be very private....and very hard to intercept. It would be hard for even the Government to tap it...

I was going to ask earlier is anyone knew about this stuff...and the Cult, but didn't.

Jump

Operating teatime

Just some data to help the non-tech types to keep up...

:wave:

That was a microwave.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

It will happen
soon or later

I'll come back soon''
said Ron

mission into time II, is that going to be looking for spare change that hubbard dropped on Venus while dodging that train?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I think that type of system would be very private....and very hard to intercept. It would be hard for even the Government to tap it...

Since the beam travels through the open air I would guess that it could be tapped by putting another beam close to it or across it. The exact mechanics I have no idea about, not being a microwave engineer and all that. Could be done between, say, a vehicle on the ground and another station up in the nearby hills. However, I assume that the open bit is encrypted so it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Plus, who up in government gives a shit about the cult's private transmissions (except for possibly ripping off the $1B+ reserves)?

Paul

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
You can never 'tap' a beam with another beam. Microwaves don't talk to each other. You could intercept a microwave transmission by sticking an antenna into the 'beam', but sending another 'beam' through the first one will extract no information at all. Electromagnetic waves just don't work like that. They pass through each other without affecting each other at all.

On the plus side, for an eavesdropper, electromagnetic transmissions don't normally travel in perfect 'beams'. Sending electromagnetic signals is like throwing stones into a pond. Try doing that in such a way as to send out a thin stream of waves in just one direction. You actually can arrange for a lopsided wave pattern, if you throw the stones right, but you can't herd the waves in a perfect column. Microwaves are waves of electromagnetic field strength instead of water height, and are generated by moving charges instead of dropping stones; but they're still like water waves in many ways. Even if you can arrange for the bulk of your wave power to head straight for your intended receiver, some of it goes in other directions, and an eavesdropper can probably still pick up your signal with a little antenna somewhere else. Like maybe even behind your transmitter.

You could probably do tight line-of-sight communication with laser beams, though even they're going to spread, if you're communicating across miles. A laser beam is still just the best case of a lopsided wave pattern, generated by moving charges just right.

Failing a laser beam, you have to assume that someone who wants it can pick up your signal. If you want secrets, encrypt.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Since the beam travels through the open air I would guess that it could be tapped by putting another beam close to it or across it. The exact mechanics I have no idea about, not being a microwave engineer and all that. Could be done between, say, a vehicle on the ground and another station up in the nearby hills. However, I assume that the open bit is encrypted so it wouldn't be worth the hassle. Plus, who up in government gives a shit about the cult's private transmissions (except for possibly ripping off the $1B+ reserves)?

Paul

As Trinity noted, you don't tap a microwave beam with a beam, but by putting another receiver near the path of the beam.

Even laser transmission could be intercepted by putting a receiver near the path of the beam.

Perhaps they are worried that, someday, the FBI may become interested in whatever happened to Shelly, or some other crime. Or somebody suing them might become interested in their communication.

Even if the transmission is encrypted, you can still record the encrypted transmission and store it away, on the chance that someday you will be interested enough in what was being communicated on a particular day to make the effort to break the encryption.

Leland

Crusader
Wow...and these days, with pretty much unlimited storage capacity....I bet someone would.

It makes me think of the Cult being sued successfully by the Canadian and US Governments.....I imagine they didn't take kindly to the Cult's infiltration.....operations.....

Probably in their interest to keep tabs on the Cult....

Leland

Crusader
You can never 'tap' a beam with another beam. Microwaves don't talk to each other. You could intercept a microwave transmission by sticking an antenna into the 'beam', but sending another 'beam' through the first one will extract no information at all. Electromagnetic waves just don't work like that. They pass through each other without affecting each other at all.

On the plus side, for an eavesdropper, electromagnetic transmissions don't normally travel in perfect 'beams'. Sending electromagnetic signals is like throwing stones into a pond. Try doing that in such a way as to send out a thin stream of waves in just one direction. You actually can arrange for a lopsided wave pattern, if you throw the stones right, but you can't herd the waves in a perfect column. Microwaves are waves of electromagnetic field strength instead of water height, and are generated by moving charges instead of dropping stones; but they're still like water waves in many ways. Even if you can arrange for the bulk of your wave power to head straight for your intended receiver, some of it goes in other directions, and an eavesdropper can probably still pick up your signal with a little antenna somewhere else. Like maybe even behind your transmitter.

You could probably do tight line-of-sight communication with laser beams, though even they're going to spread, if you're communicating across miles. A laser beam is still just the best case of a lopsided wave pattern, generated by moving charges just right.

Failing a laser beam, you have to assume that someone who wants it can pick up your signal. If you want secrets, encrypt.

Hi Trinity, I'm no expert on this.... but interested in antennas and such.

An AM or FM radio wave is huge....as big as a hi-rise building or skyscrapper.....

A microwave wavelength .....from a microwave oven is about 12 CM or 4.7 inches...and not very powerful...

A microwave point to point communication system wavelength is about 1.5 to 3 inches...or 3.75 to 7.5 CM.

That seems a pretty tight "beam" to me. I understand it is not a beam...

That it's transmission IS so tight.....this allows many companies to use the same frequency....as they are line of sight and tight. The density of the wave also allows something like 30 separate data streams to be carried on the same wave length.....

It seems the maximum distance for this type of system is about 30 to 40 miles....though up to 200 miles has been done.

If they did "bleed" or widen too much...then these types of antenna masts wouldn't work.....

Here's an antenna mast in England used to relay cell phone conversations....from one point to another point.....using microwaves.

antenna-drums-mobile-phone-mast-11259044.jpg