What's new

Tom Cruise is Moving to Florida

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Originally Posted by Degraded Being

Hehe, when I first glanced at the book in your post, 'How to Save Your Marriage",
because it's a little blurred, and I have not had any coffee yet, I read it as :

"How to Save Your Marriages"
mrgreen.gif

marriages_zps9iwdhekv.jpg

EDIT: Oh shit, i just now saw that ILove2Lurk is on the case (post above this).
I humbly withdraw the above shoop and bow (in advance) to whatever IL2L is going to post. LOL​

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
!

Yes I did get it. Give me a couple minutes. :yes:

omg, i invalidated my knowingness that you would have knowingness to do a knowing shoop.
....thus i posted something too hastily. damn!

i shoulda known that master of all shoops was lurking (cuz u luv 2 lurk) lol

Leland

Crusader

[...]

HTH. :wink2:

3 dots indicates you've left something out....

4 dots is suppose to indicate an unfinished thought....

Personally, I just keep pushing the dot key on the key board.....until I'm happy with the result.....and it looks good to me....or my finger gets tired.

And that is my last post about this subject.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Please don't think talk show hosts are pussies for not coming at Tommy with real questions. They are not allowed to. It's in the contracts. If you don't sign on, no appearance. I think Jon did sneak in a tiny hint, though. Bad boy, Jon!

He went as far as he could go at 6:10.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/t8urnk/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-tom-cruise

Media have enormous sway over what gets said.

The advertisers/sponsors run the show.

This is an excerpt from Jane Akre's wiki page, that makes clear how much influence and how little obligation exists on behalf of TV stations. Bolded emphasis is mine. It is the punchline of a very bad joke.

Jon Stewart did the best he could - very little. A lot under the circumstances, but still, very little.

Whistleblower lawsuit

In 1997, Wilson and Akre began work on a story regarding the agricultural biotechnology company Monsanto and recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH), a milk additive that had been approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration but also blamed for a number of health issues. Wilson and Akre planned a four-part investigative report on Monsanto's use of rBGH, which prompted Monsanto to write to Roger Ailes, president of Fox News Channel, in an attempt to have the report reviewed for bias and because of the "enormous damage that can be done" as a result of the report.[2]

WTVT did not run the report, and later argued in court that the report was not "breakthrough journalism." Wilson and Akre then claimed that WTVT's actions constituted the news broadcast telling lies, while WTVT countered that it was looking only for fairness. According to Wilson and Akre, the two rewrote the report over 80 times over the course of 1997, and WTVT decided to exercise "its option to terminate their employment contracts without cause,"[3] and did not renew their contracts in 1998. WTVT later ran a report about Monsanto and rBGH in 1998, and the report included defenses from Monsanto.[2]

Following Wilson and Akre's contract not being renewed, the two filed a lawsuit concerning WTVT's alleged news distortion under Florida's whistleblower laws, claiming their termination was retaliation for "resisting WTVT's attempts to distort or suppress the Monsanto recombinant bovine growth hormone story."[3] In a joint statement, Wilson claimed that he and Akre "were repeatedly ordered to go forward and broadcast demonstrably inaccurate and dishonest versions of the story," and "were given those instructions after some very high-level corporate lobbying by Monsanto (the agriculture company that makes the hormone) and also ... by members of Florida’s dairy and grocery industries."[4] The trial commenced in summer 2000 with a jury dismissing all of the claims brought to trial by Wilson, but siding with one aspect of Akre's complaint, awarding Akre $425,000 and agreeing that Akre was a whistleblower because she believed there were violations of the Communications Act of 1934 and because she planned on reporting WTVT to the Federal Communications Commission.

An appeal was filed, and a ruling in February 2003 came down in favor of WTVT, who successfully argued that the FCC policy against falsification was not a "law, rule, or regulation", and so the whistle-blower law did not qualify as the required "law, rule, or regulation" under section 448.102 of the Florida Statutes.[5] ... Because the FCC's news distortion policy is not a "law, rule, or regulation" under section 448.102 of the Florida Statutes,[5] Akre has failed to state a claim under the whistle-blower's statute."[3] The appeal did not address any falsification claims, noting that "as a threshold matter ... Akre failed to state a claim under the whistle-blower's statute," but noted that the lower court ruled against all of Wilson's charges and all of Akre's claims with the exception of the whistleblower claim that was overturned.[3]

Anonycat

Crusader
Media have enormous sway over what gets said.

The advertisers/sponsors run the show.

This is an excerpt from Jane Akre's wiki page, that makes clear how much influence and how little obligation exists on behalf of TV stations. Bolded emphasis is mine. It is the punchline of a very bad joke.

Jon Stewart did the best he could - very little. A lot under the circumstances, but still, very little.

Of course. But when someone is dealing with the Producers of the show, they can make stipulations as to what may not be discussed, and in great detail. Tommy is one of those. That's the way it is. Jon's Producers accepted the limits, and Tommy did the show. None of the limits are Jon's fault, nor the Producers. It's always a take it or leave it deal with people like that, in a scandal.

You may not discuss whatever in any manner, nor ask about whatever.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

It's SOP for Oat Tea's...get inside that bubble. Life sucks when you are Oat Tea..

This should be interesting to watch...

Tom Cruise - he said it himself...you can never do enough or be enough..so get out your check book Tom - and start draining your accounts...cuz Slappy ain't happy until you are broke.

I bet he gives up show business too...

A big Bean like him needs to "clean this place up"...:whistling::wink2:

Hypatia

Pagan
It's SOP for Oat Tea's...get inside that bubble. Life sucks when you are Oat Tea..

Tom Cruise - he said it himself...you can never do enough or be enough..so get out your check book Tom - and start draining your accounts...cuz Slappy ain't happy until you are broke.

True. It's like their shangrila except actually it's pretty horrible.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

Fuck I hope so.