What's new

Photos of the $145M Super Power buildings' interior

Anonycat

Crusader
Inside the secretive 'Super Powers' building: Pictures emerge of Scientology's $145million 'spiritual headquarters' in Florida

Photographs have emerged of the Church of Scientology's multi-million dollar 'spiritual headquarters' in Florida
The Flag Building is a massive seven-story, 377,000-square-foot complex which opened in November 2013
It's home to the Super Power program which was designed by the religion's founder L Ron Hubbard in the 1970s
Followers believe the method - which uses a 'wall of smells' and a 'gyroscope' - will grant them special abilities
The building also features an office for deceased Hubbard, indoor running track and a 'Purification Program'

Take a look inside the Church of Scientology's 'spiritual headquarters' in Florida after detailed photographs have emerged of the $145million behemoth.
The Flag Building, also known as the Super Powers building, is a massive seven-story, 377,000-square-foot complex which was the tallest building in Clearwater when it opened in November 2013.
Now new pictures have emerged which give an insight into the notoriously secretive organization and their headquarters which is regularly frequented by Scientologist celebrities such as Tom Cruise and John Travolta.
The jewel in the crown of the property is the fifth floor Super Powers program where church followers are charged thousands of dollars for courses which they believe will give them special abilities.

Interior photos & video with Karen, within full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-massive-spiritual-headquarters-Florida.html

Last edited:

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
The Flag has more than 250 auditing rooms. Around 250 hundred small rooms for 'auditing' can be found on the buildings upper floors. Auditing is the religions form of counseling and a session can cost $1,000

That's 25 thousand rooms ??!!

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Flag has more than 250 auditing rooms. Around 250 hundred small rooms for 'auditing' can be found on the buildings upper floors. Auditing is the religions form of counseling and a session can cost $1,000

Must be a misprint by the article.

Bizarre photos. This is my favorite. Look at that font!

No matter how much money they spend, it always looks like a bad sci-fi novel.

2D8DC44B00000578-3280329-The_Cause_Resurgence_center_An_analysis_by_the_Tampa_Bay_Times_d-a-17_1445379195704.jpg

2D8DC44B00000578-3280329-The_Cause_Resurgence_center_An_analysis_by_the_Tampa_Bay_Times_d-a-17_1.jpg

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
As I looked through those gaudy pictures I can't but wonder how long this scam can survive. What fate awaits this cult? When will the cult's real estate holdings in Clearwater turn to dust?

JustSheila

Crusader
Must be a misprint by the article.

Bizarre photos. This is my favorite. Look at that font!

No matter how much money they spend, it always looks like a bad sci-fi novel.

2D8DC44B00000578-3280329-The_Cause_Resurgence_center_An_analysis_by_the_Tampa_Bay_Times_d-a-17_1445379195704.jpg

View attachment 11510

:hysterical: 'Cruse' Resurgence? What's that supposed to mean?
Awful color mismatch - cool blue colors clash with warm wood wainscotting and beige carpet in the halls.:duh: Not even tile, but cool blue peel-n-stick cheap stuff against cheap wood-look squares. They don't look flat, either. Reception counter is as high as a pawn shop's. Expecting trouble? :giggle: Uncomfortable to receptionist and unwelcoming height.

The hanging lights are okay, but why is there a track near them above the counter? Ruins the clean lines and looks stupid. If that's where a screen drops down, it's a stupid choice for a position. Makes you think space is really cramped if they can't find a wall for it.

(I've been doing way too much renovations lately, lol)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
:hysterical: 'Cruse' Resurgence? What's that supposed to mean?
Awful color mismatch - cool blue colors clash with warm wood wainscotting and beige carpet in the halls.:duh: Not even tile, but cool blue peel-n-stick cheap stuff against cheap wood-look squares. They don't look flat, either. Reception counter is as high as a pawn shop's. Expecting trouble? :giggle: Uncomfortable to receptionist and unwelcoming height.

The hanging lights are okay, but why is there a track near them above the counter? Ruins the clean lines and looks stupid. If that's where a screen drops down, it's a stupid choice for a position. Makes you think space is really cramped if they can't find a wall for it.

(I've been doing way too much renovations lately, lol)

I think it's meant to say "cause resurgence" but some scientologist (who's "cause" clearly hasn't resurged yet) chose the wrong font.

:biggrin:

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
... Followers believe the method - which uses a 'wall of smells' and a 'gyroscope' - will grant them special abilities. The building also features an office for deceased Hubbard...

:spitcoffee:

OMFG. The reporter must have been biting on his/her tongue so hard to write that with a straight face.

I mean, if you didn't know anything about the cult, and read that, what would YOU think? "Gee, I gotta sign me up for some of that"?

:lol:

Anonycat

Crusader

It says that there are more than 250 rooms. ~250 of them are small. Auditing is ~$1,000 a session. That would be per hour. How you came to wonder if that means there are 25,000 rooms is a mystery.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
It says that there are more than 250 rooms. ~250 of them are small. Auditing is ~$1,000 a session. That would be per hour. How you came to wonder if that means there are 25,000 rooms is a mystery.

Dr Hubabrd maths tehhhhhhhhk ???

:confused2:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

It looks like bad editing. The text says "250 hundred" which would spell out as "two hundred fifty hundred" which doesn't make much sense in itself unless you consider the two zeros in a "hundred" added on to "250" = 25,000.

That's what I think Leon-2 meant.

Anonycat

Crusader
It looks like bad editing. The text says "250 hundred" which would spell out as "two hundred fifty hundred" which doesn't make much sense in itself unless you consider the two zeros in a "hundred" added on to "250" = 25,000.

That's what I think Leon-2 meant.

Yeah 250 hundred. Numerical only would work.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

I think it's meant to say "cause resurgence" but some scientologist (who's "cause" clearly hasn't resurged yet) chose the wrong font.

:biggrin:

But look at "Resurgence": the U and R are elided. That isn't a standard font. Looks like a custom job to me, and the Dwarf must have signed off on it. It's not like it's in a highway sign five seconds before a complicated decision point. But be thankful you don't have to read an entire book or even newspaper article in that font!

-----

Quiz for today: which of those images do you [the reader] think are actual photographs of the built structure and which are computer-generated images from the architectural company before the fact? I think they've got a mixture there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-massive-spiritual-headquarters-Florida.html

Paul