What's new

Scientolipedia DMCA Takedown Notice

2briancox

Patron
Greetings. I want to let you know of some news that should get out there.

Scientolipedia.org has been dedicated to preserving the SUBJECT of scientology outside of the Cult of Scientology. As the Church has been working to alter the works of LRH and then put pressure on constituents to burn perviously published copies of the materials, Scientolipedia saw fit to preserve the data and has been hosting torrent files to share the lecture data with anyone who wants it.

Scientolipedia JUST received a DMCA notice from Church lawyers. The owner of the site is looking into legal alternatives and strategies to fight back.

For maybe 45 more hours, the data is all on the site and can be accessed. After that, the strategy to fight this injustice will be investigated. That is all I know that I can report at this time.

You can read the takedown notice here:

http://scientolipedia.org/info/Church_of_Scientology_DMCA_Takedown_of_Scientolipedia

You can also help fight the bastards there as well.

Veda

Sponsor
Greetings. I want to let you know of some news that should get out there.

Scientolipedia.org has been dedicated to preserving the SUBJECT of scientology outside of the Cult of Scientology. As the Church has been working to alter the works of LRH and then put pressure on constituents to burn perviously published copies of the materials, Scientolipedia saw fit to preserve the data and has been hosting torrent files to share the lecture data with anyone who wants it.

Scientolipedia JUST received a DMCA notice from Church lawyers. The owner of the site is looking into legal alternatives and strategies to fight back.

For maybe 45 more hours, the data is all on the site and can be accessed. After that, the strategy to fight this injustice will be investigated. That is all I know that I can report at this time.

You can read the takedown notice here:

http://scientolipedia.org/info/Church_of_Scientology_DMCA_Takedown_of_Scientolipedia

You can also help fight the bastards there as well.

This has happened to others before. Usually there are solutions to the problem. Most of the material on Scientolipedia can be found elsewhere on the Net.

Looking over the Scientolipedia site, it's pretty "lite." Pleased to see that David Mayo's 1989 (published in 'IVy' in 1991) article on Clear was presented unedited, but that's available elsewhere on the Net. Noticed that there's a fake three paragraph 'Scientology Onion' article which is a rewritten and castrated version of the original and, as a result, is mostly a pointless, empty, statement. Was the original too unsetting? But never mind, you're in the middle of a crisis - of sort - so best wishes, etc.

Once the crisis ends, perhaps you might care to respond to the question: Has your viewpoint changed in the last two and a half years since you made this last post on ESMB?

What are you trying to say? That people on this board are disillusioned, jaded and upset with red-on-white? So certain opinions shouldn't be discussed?

Fine. It would have been nice if people could have been understanding enough to recognize, not everyone has been as harmed by the cult as the rest. But if they can't discuss it respectfully, I'll go. I'm not joining the group of those living in protest of their former lives.

The last couple days have been fruitless ranting, disagreements without any understanding and HE&R. So I'll leave this thread for now. I'll be around if anyone wants to talk. Just not in this room. It's not my room any longer.

article-2592376-0001961300000C1D-324_634x465.jpg

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
They could revise all the documents and where ever they find "scientology" replace it with "vanity enhancement" and they should be fine.

Terril park

Sponsor
Karin Spaink might have some tips for hosting on a .nl server

:whistling:

I don't think Karen is much involved with scientology
protesting nowdays. Her former partner Zenon Parnousis
may be. I heard he helped Max Hauri and Ron's Org to
put up lots of materials in the Netherlands which are immune to
CO$ attack in Holland. If you contact Max he may be able to
connect you to Zenon or someone who could put Scientolopedia
up in Holland.