What's new

Scientolipedia.Org received a DMCA Takedown Order from the Church of Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Independent Scientology Scientolipedia.Org has received a DMCA Takedown Order from the Church of Scientology.

Scientolipedia: Church of Scientology DMCA Takedown of Scientolipedia

http://scientolipedia.org/info/Church_of_Scientology_DMCA_Takedown_of_Scientolipedia

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

On October 22, 2015 Scientolipedia.org received a DMCA notice.

The notice gives us 48 hours to respond or else the site's ISP will remove the content. (this likely means shutting down the site as the only way they can ensure the content is not replaced)

The notice came on a Thursday night, a clever strategy for the church as it leaves less than one workday, a Friday at that, in which to secure legal help to deal with the matter.

We're posting the notice from our ISP and the church's list of alleged infringing materials below.

We will deal with this outrageous and futile attempt to keep the materials and knowledge of Scientology from those who would want access to them. The church's supressive efforts will fail but any help you can give is much appreciated.

We need help in the following areas:

Legal - expertise in dealing with DMCA and/or copyright issues.

Technical - server admin skills and/or web software exxperience.

Financial - your donations will help with legal and technical defense measures to ensure the tech and our ability to use it as we see fit stays free. Use the Paypal button to the right and if you have other fundraising ideas, please get in touch.

Note - Content on this site may disappear within 48 hours! There's no reason to believe that the torrents themselves will disappear. But the links to them will probably be gone soon.

contact

Send email enquiries to [email protected]

isp notification

"Hello,

We have received a Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") complaint involving domains under your control. Please note that we have only passed on the sufficiency of the Claimant's notice, per 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512, and have not sought to determine whether the Infringing Materials on the Web Site do indeed infringe upon the Claimant's intellectual property rights.

Within a forty-eight (48) hour period, we will need you to remove, or disable access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or we will have to disable this material to be in compliance with federal DMCA laws. A copy of the original DMCA notice is listed below our contact information.

Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, your rights as a Respondent to this complaint include, but are not limited to, a possible counter-notification to us, per 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512(g)(3). We encourage you to review the federal statutory procedures for filing a counter-notification and seeking legal advice to see if taking such an action would be appropriate. We cannot provide individual legal advice, and do not analyze your particular website or activity for the legality of its content.

You may send a counter-notification using postal mail or fax; email is not accepted.

Our postal address is:" (omitted for this web post)

CoS complaint

File:DMCA letter to Scientolipedia ISP.pdf

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

HT - Sneakster on WWP:

Scientolipedia.Org received a DMCA Takedown Order from Co$ today

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/scientolipedia-org-received-a-dmca-takedown-order-from-co-today.130503/

* * * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

On October 22, 2015 Scientolipedia.org received a DMCA notice.

The notice gives us 48 hours to respond or else the site's ISP will remove the content. (this likely means shutting down the site as the only way they can ensure the content is not replaced)

The notice came on a Thursday night, a clever strategy for the church as it leaves less than one workday, a Friday at that, in which to secure legal help to deal with the matter."

Yes, it's a Freezone/Independent site. Full report is here.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
I am *not* a lawyer.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

Anonycat

Crusader
Good riddance.

Welcome to The Source Store

...the most trusted supplier of E-meters and Scientology materials in the galaxy!

More about L Ron Hubbard, Scientology, Dianetics, biographies, how to audit, where to find an auditor, the history of Scientology and Scientology basics at:

scientolipedia.org

Note:

1. Supplies of items are limited. Many are one-of-a-kind.

2. Please read our "Information" pages for shipping, privacy and contact information.

3. We use PayPal for payment. YOU DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO USE THIS. Find the option to "pay with credit or debit card" when purchasing an item(s).

4. THE SOURCE STORE WILL NO LONGER CARRY THE 2007 BASIC BOOKS

The 2007 "Basic Books" have been found to have been altered extensively from L Ron Hubbard's original work so as to make them an "Overt Product" and we will not be associatied with such.

For proof of this claim see this article and the ones attached to it for detailed comparisons of the original work and the altered 2007 versions.

http://scientolipedia.org/sourcestore/

Anonycat

Crusader
If da cherch is being a shit to someone, then I kinda feel an enemy of my enemy thang.

Funny, it made me think of something different; if the KKK was stopping someone from selling bootleg robes with KKK patches on them on eBay, would I really care? No, I don't like either of them, but the less of it around, the better.

Hypatia

Pagan
Funny, it made me think of something different; if the KKK was stopping someone from selling bootleg robes with KKK patches on them on eBay, would I really care? No, I don't like either of them, but the less of it around, the better.

It's a complex situation.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors

This is my first exposure to Scientolipedia. Interesting. I read as far as the prologue to His biographical material and that was it. Another branch of Scientology who thinks of Ron as a playful and creative rascal but nonetheless brilliant explorer of the mind, and takes His "Teck" seriously--but shrewd enough to stay unhampered by DM's Cherch.

They are still spreading quack therapy and dead-end treatment. Clinging to Scientology and continuing to take "engrams" and "Clears" and/or "OTs" seriously, even outside the Official Cherch, still diverts people from continuing to seek and possibly finding some understanding of how humans and life really work--i.e., in the real world that can be defined and measured and verified.

The bottom line is that I have to go with Anonycat on this one: It's infighting between two brands of a destructive (or at least debilitating) belief system and I'm happy to let them slug it out and weaken each other.

Even outside the Official Cherch, Scn-pedia spreads Scientology and some of its followers do/will/would probably explore and get caught in the Co$ web eventually. I suspect the Cherch is shooting itself in the foot--again!--over a turf war, and I don't see any reason to intervene.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
If da cherch is being a shit to someone, then I kinda feel an enemy of my enemy thang.

On the surface of it, it seems like a good philosophy--but wasn't that the thinking that had U.S. leadership installing (backing, supporting) Saddam Hussein in power in Iraq, and supplying arms and training to the Taliban during the Russian occupation?

Terril park

Sponsor
This is my first exposure to Scientolipedia. Interesting. I read as far as the prologue to His biographical material and that was it. Another branch of Scientology who thinks of Ron as a playful and creative rascal but nonetheless brilliant explorer of the mind, and takes His "Teck" seriously--but shrewd enough to stay unhampered by DM's Cherch.

They are still spreading quack therapy and dead-end treatment. Clinging to Scientology and continuing to take "engrams" and "Clears" and/or "OTs" seriously, even outside the Official Cherch, still diverts people from continuing to seek and possibly finding some understanding of how humans and life really work--i.e., in the real world that can be defined and measured and verified.

The bottom line is that I have to go with Anonycat on this one: It's infighting between two brands of a destructive (or at least debilitating) belief system and I'm happy to let them slug it out and weaken each other.

Even outside the Official Cherch, Scn-pedia spreads Scientology and some of its followers do/will/would probably explore and get caught in the Co$ web eventually. I suspect the Cherch is shooting itself in the foot--again!--over a turf war, and I don't see any reason to intervene.

Well others more interested will take some action.

Its extremely unlikely that someone reading Scientolopedia
would be attracted back to CO$. Why get caught up in an abusive
cult again when they can exist in the non abusive FZ? You may not like the ideas but its on the whole an abuse free arena. Further having read FZ material will not give VGI's to MAA's and OSA staff. Who in turn
will not give VGI's to those who strayed. Just punching up
why it was a good idea to stray in the first place.

Hypatia

Pagan
On the surface of it, it seems like a good philosophy--but wasn't that the thinking that had U.S. leadership installing (backing, supporting) Saddam Hussein in power in Iraq, and supplying arms and training to the Taliban during the Russian occupation?

Mmm, well, the enemy of my enemy theory was only my initial and opening premise.

Anonycat

Crusader
It's a complex situation.

Not to me. I see the original recipe as the indoctrination bootcamp and mindfuck central office. I see the other as the mindfucked who have not been able to escape the mindfuck, and wish to spread it further.

If Charles Manson and his twin brother had a firefight, who would you wish to survive? For me, neither.

Anonycat

Crusader

cult again when they can exist in the non abusive FZ? You may not like the ideas but its on the whole an abuse free arena. Further having read FZ material will not give VGI's to MAA's and OSA staff. Who in turn

First, all of scientology is lies. So no good will come of that turd. Secondly, the cult will get all IPs and names of everyone who went to that page, and/or did business there. The page is a hustle, anyway. It has a photo of Hubbard, his trademarked signature, and more. It was just begging to go down. And now, the cult will get all the information from its short life. Oh, and to get a torrent to work, you need many others torrenting at the same time, so that was also a stupid idea. Game over, and good riddance.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors

Terril, I'm not clear on what you mean by "You may not like the ideas." I looked over my post and didn't see any reference to an idea I didn't like, so I'm guessing you inferred there's some idea(s) I don't like, but I'm not clear which.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
Mmm, well, the enemy of my enemy theory was only my initial and opening premise.

My comment wasn't aimed at you personally, Hypatia. I've re-thought some of my earlier (in life) viewpoints and that's one that I've changed positions on.
Yeah, it sounds good and in a real pinch, like when you're cornered by one side, taking any ally you can get is an option. In this case, the Co$ is my enemy as a result of taking many years of time, energy and material resources out of my life and the lives of people I care about, and not just not delivering what was promised to me and mine, but being unable to deliver it because it's founded on faulty premises and what was promised is non-existent--just like astrology, numerology, phrenology (may have misspelled but who gives a shit?) and a hundred other made-up useless belief systems.

So when an enemy of my enemy happens to have the same belief system, I'm damned wary of making alliances because they're also selling the same freakin' snake oil and are ready to soak up years of people's lives getting rid of non-existent engrams to achieve the non-existent state of Clear. So if the Co$ can slow down another branch of Scn spreading the lies that it actually works, I'm willing to let that be.

If the Co$ were actually trying to disseminate Scientology, that would be a footbullet. In fact, since the real purpose is to collect all possible money to put at DM's disposal, it's probably not a footbullet to go after FZers.

@Terril : I understand that people leaving the Co$ and landing in the FZ aren't likely to return. I know almost nothing about the FZ, but I know a little about religion and dogmatic thinking--I'd bet good money that the FZ gets new acolytes (prolly don't call 'em that, but that's what they are) that only hear about the Cherch second-hand---I wouldn't write off the idea that some of those won't eventually give the Cherch a try some day. After all, the glossy flyers and DVDs and slick PR make it look like they're doing GREAT!!

Question, does the FZ tout DMSMH?

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
Terril, I'm not clear on what you mean by "You may not like the ideas." I looked over my post and didn't see any reference to an idea I didn't like, so I'm guessing you inferred there's some idea(s) I don't like, but I'm not clear which.

For example you may not like the FZ idea that Scn tech can be useful and beneficial.

Terril park

Sponsor
@Terril : I understand that people leaving the Co$ and landing in the FZ aren't likely to return. I know almost nothing about the FZ, but I know a little about religion and dogmatic thinking--I'd bet good money that the FZ gets new acolytes (prolly don't call 'em that, but that's what they are) that only hear about the Cherch second-hand---I wouldn't write off the idea that some of those won't eventually give the Cherch a try some day. After all, the glossy flyers and DVDs and slick PR make it look like they're doing GREAT!!

Question, does the FZ tout DMSMH?

I've been promoting that one can do all Scn services outside CO$ for
more than 15 years. In earlier years many who were veterans of CO$
and disenchanted were happy to find an alternative.

In recent years those interested in Scn were put off of CO$
because of all the second hand info in the media. And just look
at the first page of a google of "scientology"! It seems that those
who tried CO$ were quickly disenchanted because of weirdness.
For example being told not to read the net, or amazing requests for donations etc.

In all these years I only saw one person go back to CO$. He got
a new churchie girlfriend. Whether he's still in I don't know, but things in CO$ are even more totalitarian now so I guess he's not.

At least half of all Fzers, and maybe more, are in Ron's
Orgs and are in former Russian states. Few of them were ever in CO$.

Does the FZ tout DMSMH? Well they are in general pro LRH tech.
If someone asks I recomend as a first introduction "Evolution of a
Science."

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
For example you may not like the FZ idea that [STRIKE]Scn[/STRIKE] tech stolen from others and rebranded as Scn can be useful and beneficial.
FIFY..... There doesn´t exist any "Scn-tech"....(except useless Xenu-Space-Opera-BT-BS-vomit)

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious

Yeah, it is complex if you are an ex, but people have the right and if they are non destructive, I think they have the right. The COS is on the loosing side of this and has been for a long time, they do have some success on the war of attrition thing though. The attorney they are using on this is really a c-lister moxon replacement so they are not serious. This is really important to some people and is as much their right as the Scilon Empire's.

I don't really have much of value to help them other than my best wishes.