What's new

Protesting Scientology at the Stress Test Tables 10/23/15

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Something like this article by Jefferson could be effective if formatted as a handout by Stress Test protesters:

The technology of ‘ruining’ people: Jefferson Hawkins on Scientology’s opening pitch

http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/23/th...ins-on-scientologys-opening-pitch/#more-26282

Scientology is essentially about manipulation, and that begins right at street level, with “finding a ruin.” When I was a Scientologist, I heard some of the top Scientology disseminators routinely refer to this step as “ruining” a person. That’s right, they would actually talk about “ruining” people.

Anonycat

Crusader
It might be worth pointing out that "ruin" is a bunch of bullshit. It's just a sales tool. Asking questions like: Do you have trouble starting something" or "stopping something?" Then Hubbard says that those questions actually will mean something totally different than the question. And whatever they answer, there's the "ruin"!

How about if they said: "I have no problem with stopping you from trying to sell me shit, and I have no problem with starting a fight and punching your lights out, right now." Then they'd be in pretty good shape!

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Print out and hand people the 2 page "drill" that shows exactly what's going on. Sell them a book, and pre-pay for a class.

https://www.mediafire.com/?deigvoinhq102

I thought of this but wonder if it could give the church an opening to enforce the copyright? Might be safer to hand out an explanation with a link to the original drill.

How about including a list of awkward questions to ask the Stress Test people?

What is the Dissemination Drill?
What is Status?
How much money does the IAS expect me to donate for Ideal Orgs?
What is the total cost of the Bridge?
What are Squirrel Busters?
Why were there hidden cameras in the auditing rooms in Moscow?
What is Operation Freak Out?
Why was Mary Sue Hubbard put in prison?
Why did LRH put people in the Chain Locker on the ship?
What is The Hole?
Who were Jack Parsons and Aleister Crowley?
Why did LRH take Vistaril?
Where is Shelly Miscavige?
Who is Lisa McPherson?

Anonycat

Crusader
I thought of this but wonder if it could give the church an opening to enforce the copyright? Might be safer to hand out an explanation with a link to the original drill.

How about including a list of awkward questions to ask the Stress Test people?

What is the Dissemination Drill?
What is Status?
How much money does the IAS expect me to donate for Ideal Orgs?
What is the total cost of the Bridge?
What are Squirrel Busters?
Why were there hidden cameras in the auditing rooms in Moscow?
What is Operation Freak Out?
Why was Mary Sue Hubbard put in prison?
Why did LRH put people in the Chain Locker on the ship?
What is The Hole?
Who were Jack Parsons and Aleister Crowley?
Why did LRH take Vistaril?
Where is Shelly Miscavige?
Who is Lisa McPherson?

I've seen it done, and copyright was never mentioned. If they had mentioned copyright, I would ask them for proof.

If it were me handing them out, I say: Great. I'd be happy to stop. Show me the copyright. I'll stop, and give you my copies. Well?