What's new

Criminal timeline of Scientology

Cece

Patron
Emma, Just wanted to thank you for this excellent thread.
Over my 35 year scientology history (20 on staff at AOLA) many 'events' happened like being instantly pulled off post and RPFed, made to do 2 posts, ordered off staff to list a few examples.
By using your excellent post I am able to go back to the more hurtful events and make sense out of them. Not that they were sane but I can see more how/why they happened.

Like this: I was kicked off staff June 16th or so 1996. I see what happened. The PAC GI was crashed and COBitch needed the money to pay the Mayo case! OMG. I was Treasury Sec AOLA. The real 'command intention'. Thx :)

"11 April 1996
Julie and David Mayo receive a favorable decision from the 9th Circuit Court of Appeal. Their 2.9 million dollar sanction was affirmed by the court."

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know if this made it or not so I'm adding it.

The timeline seems quite accurate, but there is nothing in it to support the idea that Hubbard had been kidnapped by the US Government.

This is why I believe he was, in fact, in Queens, with Jim Dincalci, whom I knew.

I was in the S.O. at FOLO-EUS during the time in question.

I noticed, one day, batches of telexes to and from RONY.

I'd never heard of RONY, and when I inquired, was told it was confidential.

Shortly thereafter, I was tasked with purchasing a very expensive, organic, fresh gourmet turkey, the requirements laid out in a telex from RONY, which I was then told was "an office in Queens."

Price was no object. Now I wasn't very bright, but even I could figure out who the end user of the turkey was. And it was a fresh, not frozen turkey.

Based on my own prior knowledge, along with everything I have read about this period, I do not believe Hubbard was anywhere other than in Queens, NY during the period in question.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The timeline seems quite accurate, but there is nothing in it to support the idea that Hubbard had been kidnapped by the US Government.

This is why I believe he was, in fact, in Queens, with Jim Dincalci, whom I knew.

I was in the S.O. at FOLO-EUS during the time in question.

I noticed, one day, batches of telexes to and from RONY.

I'd never heard of RONY, and when I inquired, was told it was confidential.

Shortly thereafter, I was tasked with purchasing a very expensive, organic, fresh gourmet turkey, the requirements laid out in a telex from RONY, which I was then told was "an office in Queens."

Price was no object. Now I wasn't very bright, but even I could figure out who the end user of the turkey was. And it was a fresh, not frozen turkey.

Based on my own prior knowledge, along with everything I have read about this period, I do not believe Hubbard was anywhere other than in Queens, NY during the period in question.

RONY stood for "Relay Office New York", and had the job of relaying communications between the rest of the world and Flag (back when Flag's location was confidential). In the late70's/early 80's, much of the day-to-day job consisted of relaying mail traffic from GOWW and Flag, but if LRH was in NY, then RONY would have had the job of relaying comm and material to LRH.

Although why RONY would be used to get a turkey for LRH, I had no idea. I would have thought that LRH would have had one or more Messenger servants with him, who could very easily have gotten a gourmet turkey. Then again, LRH in his later years was very erratic and unpredictable.

When you were in FOLO EUS, was Don Karl the RONY guy?

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
RONY stood for "Relay Office New York", and had the job of relaying communications between the rest of the world and Flag (back when Flag's location was confidential). In the late70's/early 80's, much of the day-to-day job consisted of relaying mail traffic from GOWW and Flag, but if LRH was in NY, then RONY would have had the job of relaying comm and material to LRH.

Although why RONY would be used to get a turkey for LRH, I had no idea. I would have thought that LRH would have had one or more Messenger servants with him, who could very easily have gotten a gourmet turkey. Then again, LRH in his later years was very erratic and unpredictable.

There were no Messengers or Household Unit personnel in NYC with El Ron...Only Dincalci & Preston.

One of RONY's functions was to facilitate purchasing for the CommodeDoor. Gourmet foods and meats were routinely purchased and packed in ice and air freighted to the Apollo, as well as all manner of electronic gadgets, books, record albums, specialized equipment, etc...Even cases of Hisself's unfiltered Kool's.

Face:)

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Don Karl is an unfamiliar name to me. My personal timeline puts the turkey at pre-1975, presumably when Hubbard was in Queens with Dincalci and Preston.

FOLO telex operator was Ralph Kernback. There was OTL (Operations Transport Liaison) which I think was the entity through which materials were shipped to the Apollo.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don Karl is an unfamiliar name to me. My personal timeline puts the turkey at pre-1975, presumably when Hubbard was in Queens with Dincalci and Preston.

FOLO telex operator was Ralph Kernback. There was OTL (Operations Transport Liaison) which I think was the entity through which materials were shipped to the Apollo.

The turkey could have been for shipment to the Apollo. Everything that went through FOLO (OTL) for Flag relay was transferred at a confidential meeting place to a RONY Currier then taken to RONY where it was packaged and shipped to Flag. RONY was located in Queens for quick access to JFK.

EDIT: IMO, the turkey in question:coolwink: would have most likely been for shipment to the Apollo as Jim Din or Preston almost certainly would have done Hisself's food purchasing.

EDIT: El Ron was in Queens with Dincalci and Preston from December 1972 to October 1973 and not during a Thanksgiving. The Apollo was in dry dock in Lisbon during a good chunk of that time.

EDIT: To the best of my knowledge, no one at RONY (or FLEUS) knew that El Ron was in NYC.

EDIT: Fresh foods purchased in NYC or anywhere else in the US for Hisself and Family would be on the Apollo in less than 24 hours via priority airfreight and Currier relay.

:)

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Don Karl was RONY around late-1970's to around 1980-81 I think. At the time, he was working out of the FOLO.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
The turkey could have been for shipment to the Apollo. Everything that went through FOLO (OTL) for Flag relay was transferred at a confidential meeting place to a RONY Currier then taken to RONY where it was packaged and shipped to Flag. RONY was located in Queens for quick access to JFK.

EDIT: IMO, the turkey in question:coolwink: would have most likely been for shipment to the Apollo as Jim Din or Preston almost certainly would have done Hisself's food purchasing.

EDIT: El Ron was in Queens with Dincalci and Preston from December 1972 to October 1973 and not during a Thanksgiving. The Apollo was in dry dock in Lisbon during a good chunk of that time.

EDIT: To the best of my knowledge, no one at RONY (or FLEUS) knew that El Ron was in NYC.

EDIT: Fresh foods purchased in NYC or anywhere else in the US for Hisself and Family would be on the Apollo in less than 24 hours via priority airfreight and Currier relay.

That sounds right.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Then you were most likely at FLEUS when Molly Bornstein was the CO and Al (Kate) Bornstein was the Ch Off and Gary Lowe was the FSC.

Yes, although I think Gary Lowe may have arrived after I left. My SO stint began when FOLO had offices on W.32nd St., but later when the org moved to W.75 St off of Central Park West
we were berthed at 82nd Street and Central Park West.

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Phew! So it only ended up being 9 parts.

Just to be clear - none of the notes or comments are mine. They are in the original post. I have edited out some of the comments that were not relevant to the timeline. I kept some comments that I'd rather have edited out because they were relevant to the timeline.

I've attached the word doc if anyone wants to download it and read it offline.

Dear Emma,
Thank you so very much for this!!!:yes:
The Devil is in the details, your condensed account is a service to all!
Of late folks have elected to comment elsewhere....leading some to wonder at the relevance of ESMB...
I personally have no such qualms, having found that here is the very best vehicule to watch, learn, absorb and reflect on the damage that was-is-will be inflicted on anyone who crosses paths with $cientology, or for that matter any other cult-construct.
Much gratitude & affection from:
Shewolf:coolwink:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dear Emma,
Thank you so very much for this!!!:yes:
The Devil is in the details, your condensed account is a service to all!
Of late folks have elected to comment elsewhere....leading some to wonder at the relevance of ESMB...
I personally have no such qualms, having found that here is the very best vehicule to watch, learn, absorb and reflect on the damage that was-is-will be inflicted on anyone who crosses paths with $cientology, or for that matter any other cult-construct.
Much gratitude & affection from:
Shewolf:coolwink:

Yep, Emma started this Goldmine and in it are many diamonds and other jewels shared, discussed and still available for all to touch. Who knows what nuggets will be brought in as the media spreads guided by Leah Gemini and others.
In fact a lot of what is coming up on A&E is the ugly sparkle of which so much can be read and seen here on ESMB in as faceinthecrowd calls the mosaic.