What's new

New York Times #1 Nonfiction Best Seller Leah Remini's Scientology book Troublemaker

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Re: New York Times #1 Nonfiction Best Seller Leah Remini's Scientology book Troublema

I saw the latest People Magazine at the checkout when I was shopping yesterday:

attachment.php

DM must be flipping out, if he's getting even 10% of the "entheta" out there. Not a week goes by without SOMETHING

I was just merrily channel surfing yesterday and spotted Leah on Dr Oz. You'd have to be a hermit not to even casually run across the ongoing onslaught of bad news for the cult.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Re: New York Times #1 Nonfiction Best Seller Leah Remini's Scientology book Troublema

I saw the latest People Magazine at the checkout when I was shopping yesterday:

attachment.php

DM must be flipping out, if he's getting even 10% of the "entheta" out there. Not a week goes by without SOMETHING

No matter how much I might dislike shopping, the look on Mr/s Blanky's face when s/he saw this was worth every interminable minute in some store.

Blanky

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Is it possible things could go so bad for the cult that Miscavige would put himself on the RPF?

<snip>

I think he's keeping handy in his pending basket the routing form entitled: COB to Bulgravia. :whistling:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron

Is it possible things could go so bad for the cult that Miscavige would put himself on the RPF? Or declare himself SP?
And do you think anything would become better ? Jimmy Logan (from Millstone 2) is ready to wear his hat. And there are other Hubbardites around waiting to "clear this planet".....

BTW, do you know, why the Ideal Orgs are built so pompous ?
They are built so pompous for Day X, when all remaining Hubbardites will be incarcerated in their local "Ideal Org" and the Co$-sign will be replaced by a sign: "closed institution, no entrance"

What a day of relief.....

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

Meanwhile back at the Bat cave, the boy wonder is sitting in the corner rocking back and forth with fingers in ears going la la la la la la la.

Forget about being funded by the psychs, Leah is funded by big Scotch.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

No matter how much I might dislike shopping, the look on Mr/s Blanky's face when s/he saw this was worth every interminable minute in some store.

Blanky

I am so glad to hear that. That would have to give serious doubts.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron

Anyone remember those interviews Karen did a while ago with that ex-Sea Org girl? She said she left after seeing a magazine cover that said Leah Remini had left Scientology.

Hopefully many more will follow.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Anyone remember those interviews Karen did a while ago with that ex-Sea Org girl? She said she left after seeing a magazine cover that said Leah Remini had left Scientology.

Hopefully many more will follow.

These magazine covers would be great to blow up as large as possible and displayed in front of all their buildings so they can be clearly seen by staff.

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron

Not been keeping up here much lately so this may have been posted, but if not here is the culture section on the latest Newsweek. You know that tabloid gossip filled publication.

This really is going main stream!

http://www.newsweek.com/best-bits-leah-remini-scientology-book-392003

At this point I liken this to a war of attrition and no matter how big and how much money they have, they are taking casualties with minimal replacements . Eventually something has got to give. I have always thought in terms of a gradual decline but now I am not so sure. A black swan , something which is unforeseen , could cause an implosion.

I am waiting for it to show up on net work news on a semi regular basis before I think the the terminal decline begins. The Scn TPTB then have have to make a decision to radically restructure on a lower plane of existence or totally throw in the towel and take the money and run.

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron

Blanky
Oh my Blanky. I haven't seen you here for a while and have been wondering how everything is going on for you, Let's hope for more Scientology related cover stories before the year is out.
:happydance:

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow

These magazine covers would be great to blow up as large as possible and displayed in front of all their buildings so they can be clearly seen by staff.

Billboards!!! And bus stops!! What a great idea.

Hi tetloj :wave: Busy summer and autumn. Slowing down briefly. Miss you all.

Blanky

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious

Not been keeping up here much lately so this may have been posted, but if not here is the culture section on the latest Newsweek. You know that tabloid gossip filled publication.

This really is going main stream!

http://www.newsweek.com/best-bits-leah-remini-scientology-book-392003

The Newsweek article is one of my favorites.

The cult made them add this statement:

"Leah Remini has become what she once declared she never wanted to be known as: 'this bitter ex-Scientologist,'" the church wrote in a statement about the book. "She needs to move on with her life instead of pathetically exploiting her former religion, her former friends and other celebrities for money and attention to appear relevant again."

I like how they repeat what Leah said in her book. That's good enticement for people to read it.

I don't get the "appear relevant again" -- relevant to what? Was Leah relevant when she was a Scientologist? Was she relevant when she played Kevin's bitchy wife on King of Queens?

A person is relevant anytime they're speaking or writing about a topic of interest to the public, which in this case is her life in Scientology. And I think Leah is relevant to Scientology, since she spent most of her life in it.

And about being bitter, she explained in her book that she is thankful she had the opportunities growing up, including Scientology, thankful she's now out and enjoying a second lease on life. So she didn't really become that bitter ex-Scientologist after all. They'd know that if they read the whole book. Leah understands perfectly how it could have been different if she weren't able to get her family out, or had spent years in the Sea Org's RPF. So some ex-members are lot less fortunate than herself, which is something she makes clear in her book, and which served as incentive to write it.

She couldn't read hundreds of stories by ex-Scientologists, many about disconnection or hardships she never experienced to that degree, and just do nothing.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious

I love this line;

..."why no one has seen or heard from Shelly Miscavige in years (indeed, some variation on the words “where’s Shelly” appears 48 times in Troublemaker.)

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

Blanky

I am so glad to hear that. That would have to give serious doubts.

When I think about it I would think that the large fonted blaring title "My Escape From Scientolgoy" would have some kind of impact when spotted by a scio member. The word "escape" is powerful and iconic. How many of us wanted to escape while we were stuck in the cult but hadn't yet figured out a way to do it. I know I escaped. I had to plan ahead for that day.

Hopefully that magazine cover hit the right nerve for Mr/s Blanky.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

Also, the funds from Big Popcorn should butter up more hot bookwriters as well.

Big laughs on Big Popcorn! Butter up? lol.

Another new enemy of the cult! I'm sure Miscavige is now banning popcorn for all sicnetolgiusts. He wouldn't want to inadvertently support Big Popcorn to fund bitter apostates' new books coming out.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

If only International Super-Spokesman TOMMY DAVIS were still on post, none of this PR-disaster would be happening! (i.e. I feel a rant coming on)

3-tommy-davis3.jpg

TV JOURNALIST
So, Mr. Davis, you previously claimed that Scientology
did not use disconnection threats & coercion to stop
Scientologists from reading or revealing horrific human
rights abuses, crimes and other dark secrets that your
church leaders will stop at nothing to hide.

TOMMY DAVIS
That is quite true, there is no disconnection or any
other form of pressure put on Scientologists. They
are free to read anything, watch anything,
speak about anything...we're talking Total Freedom.

TV JOURNALIST
Yet, ex-Scientologist Leah Remini was not allowed
to speak about anything. When she simply asked
"Where's Shelly?" you screamed at her: "YOU DON'T
HAVE THE FUCKING RANK TO ASK THAT QUESTION!"

TOMMY DAVIS
So? What is your point?

TV JOURNALIST
Wutt? What do you mean what is my point?
You claimed that your church doesn't do
that, but then you openly just admitted that
you DO do that. You don't even allow
a parishioner to ask a simple question!

TOMMY DAVIS
I don't see where you're going with this. Can
we get back to the part about where I am talking
about the humanitarian work we are doing to
remodel our churches with bathrooms that
are lined with Italian marble? Did you
know that our Ideal toilet seats are
made from Bocote, the world's
most expensive wood?

TV JOURNALIST
You are avoiding the questions. Leah Remini
asked a perfectly innocent two-word question
about her disappeared friend Shelly and
you banished her to your Florida headquarters
for 3 months of brutal interrogations and
psychological re-programming. And on
top of that insanity, you charged her $300,000!

TOMMY DAVIS
I think you better do some fact checking, my friend,
with currency conversion rates, I think the amount
was actually slightly less than $300,000.

TV JOURNALIST
Are you serious?! You think this is some
kind of joke? Your church is melting down
with all these damning and horrific revelations.
Yet, you sit here on national TV and quibble
about how many hundreds of thousands of dollars
one of your parishioners was terrorized into paying?

TOMMY DAVIS
If you get off of this bigoted line of questions, we are
prepared to send you a free copy of Ron's "SPACE JAZZ" album.

TV JOURNALIST
Have you lost your mind?

TOMMY DAVIS
I find it offensive that you are attacking my religion.
If you ask me any other questions, I am going to
stand up and leave this interview. Right here, right now.

TV JOURNALIST
Wutt? You solicited this interview but now you say
that you don't want to answer any questions. Then
what is the reason you came on the show? An
interview is questions. What did you expect?

TOMMY DAVIS
Well I certainly did not expect to be harassed
with religious hatred and bigotry.

TV JOURNALIST
How is it bigotry to ask you questions?
Now you have a chance to defend your
church against Leah's accusations. If
something she said is inaccurate then
please set the record straight.

TOMMY DAVIS
Okay. Leah Remini is an insane, evil psychotic.
Everything she says is a lie because she is paid
by psychiatrists to sabotage mankind's only hope, Scientology.
If what she says is true, bring her out here right now and have
her say those things to my face. But, no, she knows she is a lying
SP, so she is too cowardly to ever do that! Case closed!

TV JOURNALIST
As a matter of fact, Leah is back in the green room right now,
because she tipped us off that you would certainly challenge her
to "say it to your face" knowing that you would never have
the guts to be on the same show with her.

TOMMY DAVIS
No way. You're bluffing. She's not here.
I'm here. But as I told you, she's too much
of a coward to face me. On the other hand
I am a Clear and I have tremendous courage
to face life and all of its many challenges.

TV JOURNALIST
Okay, let's bring out Leah and see who's lying.
Leah, come on out!

(from backstage, Leah Remini emerges
to uproarious applause and cheers)

TOMMY DAVIS
(stands up, rips off his microphone)
This was all just an hateful religious ambush!
I clearly told you that I am disconnected
from Leah because she is an SP, yet
you mock my religious beliefs by
bringing her on the stage--when you
know I am not allowed to talk to an SP!

(Davis slams down his mike, storms off)

TV JOURNALIST
So, welcome to the show, Leah. Is there
anything you'd care to add to what
just happened?

LEAH
lolol
lolol
lolol

TV JOURNALIST
Leah?

LEAH
lolol
lolol
lolol

TV JOURNALIST
Okay folks, we will go to a commercial
here and give Leah a few minutes to
get her TR-0 back in.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Leah Remini's Scientology Tell-All Has Blockbuster First Week Sales

Leah Remini's Scientology Tell-All Has Blockbuster First Week Sales

The Hollywood Reporter: Leah Remini's Scientology Tell-All Has Blockbuster First Week Sales

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bookmark/leah-reminis-scientology-tell-all-840154

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

The book landed as the No. 3 best-selling non-fiction hardcover of the week, according to Nielsen Bookscan, which tracks about 85 percent of physical book sales. That ranking translates into 38,000 books sold.

For comparison that’s about twice as many books as Arnold Schwarzenegger’s much-hyped memoir sold one year ago. The top two selling non-fiction books were The Pioneer Woman Cooks Dinnertime and Bill O’Reilly’s Killing Reagan.

Ebook sales, which aren’t tracked by Bookscan, have also been strong. Troublemaker is the No. 1 title on Apple’s iBooks, No. 7 on Barnes & Noble’s Nook and No. 10 on Amazon’s Kindle.

Early excerpts of the tell-all hit the web prior to its release and revealed surprising revelations of Remini's relationship with the Church and fellow Scientology member Tom Cruise. In the book, the actress estimated that she had spent about $5 million in total in order to be a Scientologist, including fees for training courses and donations, and witnessed Katie Holmes abandon Cruise at the altar for 20 minutes at their wedding ceremony.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * *