What's new

Two films from Getting Clear conference free + individual pricing + new discount

To my fellow ESMB members,

Three things:

1. I am glad to announce that two great sessions from Getting Clear are now free to watch. The first one is the very first session of the conference, featuring Jon Atack's history of Hubbard and Scientology. The second is session #13 with Jon and Steve Hassan on Undue Influence in Scientology.

2. I have created a brand new discount, good from now until the end of the month. This discount is the largest ever offered...50% off...This applies to the first 500 people who rent the whole series. This means 28 films for only $60 US. The promo code is Half ...so type Half into the relevant space when you order.

3. Last, but not least, I finally got the the time to get all of the pricing done individually for each of the 28 films from the conference. So, now you can pick out your favorites and order individual films.

For film site, go to https://vimeo.com/ondemand/gettingclear

Jim

PS. Along with two family members, I took a huge hit financially to back the conference filming, so I would be grateful to those who can lend support for creation and on-going promotion of the films. You can see data on the films at www.gettingclear.co and for donation information go to http://gettingclear.co/donations.html

Last edited:
You mean 60 bucks only for RENTING ? Are you serious ?

BTW, I am an ESMB-member but not your "fellow".....

Yes, the $60 is for renting the 28 films [almost 30 hours of filming] for a one year period. I was instructed by the film producer and by Vimeo Pro people to choose the rent option to protect the films from getting out on the internet.

If anyone needs to watch the films after one year, write me and I will give you a code to watch the whole set for free for another year.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Jim -- I have found the Going Clear series extraordinarily useful in understanding behavior impacts of being involved in a destructive cult. The usefulness of these presentations extends beyond Scientology and helps with comprehending the behavior of folks in drug and political cults. Thanks for going out on a financial limb to put this together!

Chip

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Three things:

1. I am glad to announce that two great sessions from Getting Clear are now free to watch. The first one is the very first session of the conference, featuring Jon Atack's history of Hubbard and Scientology. The second is session #13 with Jon and Steve Hassan on Undue Influence in Scientology.

2. I have created a brand new discount, good from now until the end of the month. This discount is the largest ever offered...50% off...This applies to the first 500 people who rent the whole series. This means 28 films for only $60 US. The promo code is Half ...so type Half into the relevant space when you order.

3. Last, but not least, I finally got the the time to get all of the pricing done individually for each of the 28 films from the conference. So, now you can pick out your favorites and order individual films.

Jim

PS. Along with two family members, I took a huge hit financially to back the conference filming, so I would be grateful to those who can lend support for creation and on-going promotion of the films. You can see data on the films at www.gettingclear.co and for donation information go to http://gettingclear.co/donations.html

Jim,

There has been some discussion on the board about what to do with Scientology books and tapes, etc. Should it be sold or just thrown away? Are there legitimate people or groups who have an interest in acquiring this for legal or anti-cult research libraries?

Some of this could be very old or unique. It may predate the later revisionist material where the original contributors or LRH text have been deleted, etc. The generation of Scientologists who had personal dealings with LRH or who were on his lines are getting old and there may be internal documents and correspondence that will pop up as people go through the possessions of family member's estates and old timers may want to donate it to where it will do the most good while they are still living. Part of the problem is this can include personal information so whoever becomes custodian of it must be able to be trusted to know how to handle it.

Is there a repository for this material that can be promoted for this purpose in the Ex community?

It is thought that the church could be actively searching for and buying up old material as it becomes available in order to destroy it so it does not conflict with revisionist material or compete with new sales. Some people may have already been targets of deceptive attempts to acquire material so having a reputable repository could help in this regard also.

TOBB

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Three things:

Jim

Cross-posted to WWP:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/tw...-free-individual-pricing-new-discount.130644/

Jim,

There has been some discussion on the board about what to do with Scientology books and tapes, etc. Should it be sold or just thrown away? Are there legitimate people or groups who have an interest in acquiring this for legal or anti-cult research libraries?

Some of this could be very old or unique. It may predate the later revisionist material where the original contributors or LRH text have been deleted, etc. The generation of Scientologists who had personal dealings with LRH or who were on his lines are getting old and there may be internal documents and correspondence that will pop up as people go through the possessions of family member's estates and old timers may want to donate it to where it will do the most good while they are still living. Part of the problem is this can include personal information so whoever becomes custodian of it must be able to be trusted to know how to handle it.

Is there a repository for this material that can be promoted for this purpose in the Ex community?

It is thought that the church could be actively searching for and buying up old material as it becomes available in order to destroy it so it does not conflict with revisionist material or compete with new sales. Some people may have already been targets of deceptive attempts to acquire material so having a reputable repository could help in this regard also.

TOBB

Steve Kent at the University of Alberta in Edmonton has an incredible collection on Scientology. It is a secure, safe site.

Anonycat

Crusader
Bumping, and with a comment. This is an amazing value, and an event I wish I could have attended. $60 is enormously cheaper than the trip would have been. $60 is about one day of frugal dining away from home. So, yeah. Excellent offer!

Edit: Just went to the link, and started watching one of the free ones; Steve Hassan + Steve and Jon ... and much to my delight, Chris Sheldon opens the segment. He's reading from Jeffrey's blog, and I'm laughing more than I do while watching most comedy specials. Watch this, and donate!

Last edited:

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
I'm getting the whole thing right now.
The free one with Steve Hassan, Jon Atak and The the two Chris'es was too much fun!
Ive wanted to see this conference but had some notion that it would be depressing.
Steve Hassan is an absolute joy!
I'd seen him before, but he's really in top form in this video.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Price sensitivity is a legitimate issue which I am looking at in this way:

Escapees of Scientology or otherwise under its influence -- recommended at whatever the going rate happens to be. Therapeutic value and fills in many knowledge gaps where people were purposefully kept in the dark; after I comp'd the seminar, I got the Kindle edition of Steven Hassan's most recent book to continue the education.

"Never in" volunteers -- recommend viewing the meatier entries now that a-la-carte pricing is in place.

If someone doesn't want to commit $60, there are plenty of free or lower cost sources for information. This is somewhat like grad school book pricing or continuing education classes where the educators have to recoup significant costs.

Chip

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Initially I was reluctant to pay for renting the videos because I would have preferred to buy a DVD but I have paid for them now because I think this conference was a very worthwhile thing to do and I felt I should contribute in some way.

The only downside is that now I can't stop watching the videos!:ohmy:

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
Initially I was reluctant to pay for renting the videos because I would have preferred to buy a DVD but I have paid for them now because I think this conference was a very worthwhile thing to do and I felt I should contribute in some way.

The only downside is that now I can't stop watching the videos!:ohmy:
Same here, this conference is many times more wonderful than I had imagined.
I'm walking around iPad in hand, literally lost sleep last night watching.
I'm a happy camper:thumbsup:

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
It may have already been answered, but will this material ever be for sale, on DVD? I'd hate to rent it now and then find out later that it is available to buy at a later date. I think some of this would be great for schools and universities, but I'm wondering if it will always be on a rent basis only. Thanks!