What's new

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Good News thread.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
There are various greetings across threads, this is a chance to bring them all together. I know people who don't post anymore check in at these times and it's a good way to spread some good feelings.

It would be great to hear stories of new lives and freedoms this last year, how we have coped and our wishes for the future.

I started a Disconnection and Christmas thread, which is the sad one. We can have a happy one too.

To start off I can say that despite the traumas of this last year, I am feeling particularly good and much healthier now. When you face serious medical problems it does change your perspective on life. It reinforces priorities, who you need in your life and who you don't. It's always about attitude and as we find our feet and come to understand our pasts, we now have unlimited horizons. Of course it's tough sometimes, yet in a weird way I am grateful for the challenges (when they are past!) because it helps find out things about yourself that can only come through experience.

I have a lovely little one year old grandson now and new life is such a joy. A cheeky sort of conspiratorial smile from this little kid as he toddles past on his way to another adventure is just fantastic. It always makes me laugh! I walked up the path with him recently, his little hand in mine and his tiny feet keeping pace with me ... it's a moment I will never forget. As a mum I guess I was too busy to really appreciate the small moments.

I don't post family pics but I will share this cropped one. A wee lad taking a toddle with his bestie.

12240103_10153697913924029_814896929521780306_n.jpg

So Merry Christmas everyone, I wish you well and may the coming year be full of scientology recovery and good things.

:hifive: :party: :dance2:​

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Nice one Free ... your baby boy sounds gorgeous, I hope you get to spoil him rotten as only a Grand-mama can (sorta).

:party::party::party::party::party:

It's Chriiiiiistmas!

Love to all and thanks for yet another year of utter madness, drama and tears, but most of all ... laughter.

To all you people who have gone AWOL ... come back soon eh (it just isn't right without you)?

Purple Rain

Crusader
Well, I am belatedly starting to get my Christmas on!

Tonight we bought the ingredients to make Stewart's egg nog French toast on Christmas morning, with some frozen berries to sprinkle on top.

Also... VERY importantly... I am stocked up on hard ginger ale! So yay!!

Christmas Day we will either be checking out the free feed at the St Johnsville Community Center or rock on down to the truck stop who are selling Christmas dinners to eat in or take out.

The sad thing is that you don't even see Christmas puddings in the shops, so I will have to do without that this year I suppose. I do have some festive cupcakes which will do, I should think. I keep hoping to see another Rudolph whoopie pie, but so far no luck.

When I can, I will try and post a picture of how pretty the village looks, all lit up.

Hopefully I can get my baby tree that my friend Robin gave me for Christmas last year down from the old magic house and set it up in the bus. Next year maybe I can string lights on the beautiful big pine tree outside!

I also have a scented candle my friend gave me from her shop to light for my daughter, so I will light that for Christmas.

Maybe I will buy an ornament to remember her every year. Or get a charm bracelet and add a charm every year on her birthday.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

I bought some cool solar lights in November (ebay) to hang out the back ... but they didn't turn up (I'm pulling a seriously manky face, you can all see that right?) so, hopefully like you Purple, I'll being hanging them up next year instead though I don't have a gorgeous big pine tree as you do (show off!).

Huh.

:biggrin:

Panda, Jenni ... TAJ!

Helllooooooooooo.

Purple Rain

Crusader

I bought some cool solar lights in November (ebay) to hang out the back ... but they didn't turn up (I'm pulling a seriously manky face, you can all see that right?) so, hopefully like you Purple, I'll being hanging them up next year instead though I don't have a gorgeous big pine tree as you do (show off!).

Huh.

:biggrin:

Panda, Jenni ... TAJ!

Helllooooooooooo.

Well, my poor tree is a bit crooked! It had a ton of grapevines weighing it down, so the tip is all bent over. I spent one day wrestling with my grapevine triffids that resulted in my going head over teacup in the mud in the rain! However, I did have my revenge. I could almost hear the poor tree whispering... "Save me... save me! Heeeeelp me!!" until I could shut it out no longer and decided I had to do something. That was when Tom was still very ill and weak from being in intensive care and losing so much blood. There wasn't a lot I could do by myself around the place, but I have always done what I could, just to feel like I was making some progress.

We were hoping the top would straighten with time, and still are not sure whether maybe to cut it off and let new growth come out straight.

But I fell in love with it from very early on. One day I was sitting outside and I noticed, "Hey, that looks just like a Christmas tree!" We should decorate it and have people over and parties and stuff! (One day - when we can actually have people over). And Tom said, "That was a Christmas tree." So many years ago when his daughter was little, they had dug it up when it was a little seedling about a foot tall and planted it there. Or something like that. Anyway, I loved that story.

Hopefully I will have some really good showing off to do next year!! LOL!

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
I want to wish everyone a merry Christmas. I certainly hope you get to be with your loved ones. I know some folks are alone but hope you also have happiness no matter what your circumstances.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?

To the last 2 Scientologists...

xmas2005a_zpsnrr0dwlb.jpg

Merry Xmas from the rest of us!

:p

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Merri Holidaze everyone.

Here are some views of my yard a couple years ago when we had too much snow. I think it captures the spirit of the winter season. We're having an El Nino winter so far with record breaking above average temps and zero snow on the ground.

(Click on to enlarge)
IMG_3164 - Copy 50%.jpg IMG_3158 - 50%.jpg IMG_3193 - 50%.jpg

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Probably my favourite rendition of "Santa Clause is coming to town", by Joseph Spence.
I LOVE him!
Goes very well with a tumbler of southern comfort, :sulk:of which I have none today.

No, but ol' Joe's had a few by the sound of it. :biggrin: