What's new

Going Clear director says he might make a follow-up to Scientology documentary

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Going Clear director says he might make a follow-up to Scientology documentary.

Business Insider: The 'Going Clear' director says he might make a follow-up to the revealing Scientology documentary

http://www.businessinsider.com/going-clear-director-on-sequel-2016-1

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

By Jethro Nededog, Business Insider, January 11, 2016

Alex Gibney may have a follow-up to his popular and controversial documentary about Scientology, "Going Clear."

"I'm thinking about it," Gibney told Business Insider at Monday's Television Critics Association press tour in Los Angeles when we asked if he was planning another documentary on the secretive organization.

While he didn't go into details, he did explain how hard it is to leave his documentary subjects in the past.

"A lot of my films keep developing," Gibney said after sitting on Amazon's TCA panel for its upcoming docu-series, "The New Yorker Presents," which he executive produces.

"And one of the interesting things about being lucky enough to do what I do is that the characters and stories tend to follow you around, and pop up in unusual ways," he continued. "And sometimes, like in the ‘Ghostbusters’ movie, the streams cross."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * * *

Business Insider: The 'Going Clear' director says he might make a follow-up to the revealing Scientology documentary

Alex Gibney may have a follow-up to his popular and controversial documentary about Scientology, "Going Clear."

"I'm thinking about it," Gibney told Business Insider at Monday's Television Critics Association press tour in Los Angeles when we asked if he was planning another documentary on the secretive organization.

While he didn't go into details, he did explain how hard it is to leave his documentary subjects in the past.

"A lot of my films keep developing," Gibney said after sitting on Amazon's TCA panel for its upcoming docu-series, "The New Yorker Presents," which he executive produces.

"And one of the interesting things about being lucky enough to do what I do is that the characters and stories tend to follow you around, and pop up in unusual ways," he continued. "And sometimes, like in the ‘Ghostbusters’ movie, the streams cross."

"... is that the characters and stories tend to follow you around, and pop up in unusual ways," he continued"

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

So I guess the next step is for the Scientology cult to get wind of Gibney's toying with the idea of a follow up, try to stop Gibney, and thereby convince him 100% that he just HAS to do it.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
For the first film Gibney should make an edit to add Co$ into the credits as a 'Marketing Assistent'.

Their help by taking out a full page ad in the NY Times and other actions was brilliant, and they should be appropriately acknowledged for this.

Terril park

Sponsor

An oscar win would make this more likely.

phenomanon

Canyon
For the first film Gibney should make an edit to add Co$ into the credits as a 'Marketing Assistent'.

Their help by taking out a full page ad in the NY Times and other actions was brilliant, and they should be appropriately acknowledged for this.

His next Documentary should show "the other side", and Scn'ists from all over the planet, in numbers in such an order of magnitude, that the Public will now be informed of
the scope of COS largesse. He can show their good deeds and their expansion into Immortality, and so on and so forth.....

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
"... is that the characters and stories tend to follow you around, and pop up in unusual ways," he continued"

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

So I guess the next step is for the Scientology cult to get wind of Gibney's toying with the idea of a follow up, try to stop Gibney, and thereby convince him 100% that he just HAS to do it.

This in from the tech dictionary.

Unintentionally counter intentional: A state of being where a thetan is 'at cause' over the universe, however, because of their application of 'the tech', the effect of them being 'at cause' is to create a counter-intentional effect.

See also Tommy Davis, Tom Cruise, Marc Yager, Jenny Linson DeVocht, Dave Bloomberg, any OSA operative or any internal or external documents, videos, images or any other products of Scientology or any of its related entities.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

He has to thank them in his Academy Award speech.

Jump

Operating teatime
This in from the tech dictionary.

Unintentionally counter intentional: A state of being where a thetan is 'at cause' over the universe, however, because of their application of 'the tech', the effect of them being 'at cause' is to create a counter-intentional effect.

See also Tommy Davis, Tom Cruise, Marc Yager, Jenny Linson DeVocht, Dave Bloomberg, any OSA operative or any internal or external documents, videos, images or any other products of Scientology or any of its related entities.

The effects of this 'at cause' counter-intentional effect is screened by the active ingredients in Kool-Aid aka the bubble, the sizzle and the sweet sweet thetany goodness, leaving the appearance of big being, boots-in-the-sky, blows-struck-against-the-enemy, on-source, on-this-planetness - at expanding orders of magnitude.

Continued consumption could be dangerous.

JustSheila

Crusader
Chris Shelton did a great vid about the success of Going Clear:

[video]http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?40067-Chris-Shelton-Critical-Thinker-at-Large-YouTube-channel&p=1054044&viewfull=1#post1054044[/video]

Hey Chris, why didn't you make a 2015 Prediction? :duh: