What's new

Monique reportedly fires her legal team.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
have to admit this took me by surprise. I wish Monique the very best in whatever her plans may be. Same for Marty of course but this is Monique's case and her decisions.

I thought the overview in Tony O's article from TX Lawyer seemed to be all that could be said from the outside.

Here's my own, personal, biased opinion. I hope Monique gets a good and fair settlement that she is happy with and which will enable her to get on with her life from here on out. She owes nothing to us the critics nor the other victims of Scientology she has not been a part of "the life" (if it could be called that LOL). Unlike with Debbie Cook whom I still consider to be a prize twat doing her very best to squeeze even more blood from the carcasses of scientologists I would be please for Monique if this can end on a satisfactory note - for her and her alone.

And for anyone who maybe feels I should be happy that Cook stiffed the cofs and its many suckas, I kind of do like that - the same way I would be kind of happy to see an odious conman stick it to the IRS.

freethinker

Sponsor
Or maybe they have knowledge of a reason they may not prevail and collect a paycheck.

While we're in rampant speculation mode, could it be that some masked heavy with a shotgun contacted them with a video of some innocent family members (of Monique's) in the background and said this has gone on too long, fire the lawyers and _____ (?); breathe a word of this to anyone and we pull the trigger? Principles are all very well, but . . . .

Paul

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
I scrolled all the way through this thread, and didn't even see that LTL got the scoop before me!

Regarding that post Marty made a few months ago about distraction.
It made me wonder just how crazy $cn. Was driving him at the time.

I don't think our intelligence services missed 9-11 because they were too obsessed with Scientology. The notion is somewhat laughable.

Im on my phone and blurred out from allergies. So, I can't see how to delete these screenshots, at the moment:/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
I totally get wanting to settle. Jeez, I could not have gone the distance Monique has gone.

I don't get firing your attorney in the middle of litigation.

Unless it was because of Ray Jeffrey's brown corduroy suit jacket. It was awful.

And it's not libel because it's true. :)

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I wonder if anyone else who's been around these parts for a long time besides me feels Bob Minton Deja Vu...

:unsure:

Anyway...I don't know what the deal is with firing the lawyers but I'm personally not surprised Mosie wants to settle. I said years ago that I didn't really feel like she wanted this fight. This was never her fight; she just married into it.

She's got a young child to raise, she wants a normal life for her and her family, and my guess is that she's over it.

I don't blame her. I would be too.

She's no one's personal army. She doesn't owe it to anyone to have this battle.

I wish them the best.

Every one of these battles, whether those who oppose COS wins, loses, or settles, does its part to hurt the organization. Each one exposes more nasty shit, costs them more money, gives them more horrible PR.

As a poster once said on ARS after Minton settled:

"Let it go. More will definitely follow."

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
. . .
From Marty just now . . .

View attachment 12080
:omg:

I guess you can take a guy out of Scientology but you can't make him stop threatening people when he feels he has been wronged. I see he has not lost the gains he has made.

Is this how you talk to people when you "Move on up a little higher?"

Sign me up for some of that enlightenment and peaceful serenity of beingness!

And some Pepto Bismal

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I guess you can take a guy out of Scientology but you can't make him stop threatening people when he feels he has been wronged. I see he has not lost the gains he has made.

Is this how you talk to people when you "Move on up a little higher?"

Sign me up for some of that enlightenment and peaceful serenity of beingness!

And some Pepto Bismal

I'm guessing the upset is a timing issue. Tony broke the story before anyone else did. Maybe Marty was planning to issue a "press release" or something else more cryptic (his usual style) on his blog in his own time. From Marty/Monique's point of view, maybe it hurt them in some way to have the story come out sooner than they wanted. Again, this is just a wild-ass guess. In any event, I am sure there are plans going forward as we speak, and probably lots of drama to go with.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Tony answered a question of mine. He said, "if a settlement is reached, a filing will be made to end the lawsuit." That hasn't happened yet. So that answers my question of the possibility that they settled out of court already. They haven't. I thought the sequence might be to dismiss the legal team, then announce the out-of-court settlement and dismiss the case.

Now I see it's possible it's about something else. I still don't see why it's an insane move, necessarily, since we don't know what went on between Monique and her lawyers, or some other out-of-court preliminary negotiation that might have gone on.

I agree with another poster that regarding Monique, and by extension her husband, Miscavige will go to great lengths not to lose in public, or settle in court record to Monique and Ray J. Ray J has won with Debbie Cook and the two private investigators hired to follow Pat Broeker for decades.

So if Miscavige can settle out-of-court with Monique in a way that is mysterious or makes Monique and Marty appear foolish, or like they didn't win, or won very little, he'll do that. That will include gagging them to the hilt, which neither of them would mind at this point, since they both would probably like to leave Scientology and Scientology criticism behind.

If they get a settlement, Miscavige will not allow them to say anything about it, or make Marty say it is just enough to cover legal costs, when in reality it is substantially more. In other words, it's possible we'll never really know what happened.

The trial would have been very stressful for Monique, and potentially much more public than anything that has gone before. CoS may have given her the ultimatum, of going to trial or out-of-court settlement, including that she must dismiss her legal team before they finalize the settlement. If Monique really didn't want to go to trial, but before that thought CoS would be much more open to a settlement through Ray J, that is when she would have made a decision like that.

I certainly hope they get a large settlement, and this isn't about them breaking down Monique in some other way, not having to do with a substantial settlement.

Gib

Crusader
Meanwhile back at Int Base, behind closed doors, at a conference table, sit DM & Sherman contemplating a new IAS status name for Bob Duggans unannounced recent donation of 100 million. Something .................tus.

My guess is she said: fuck it - I'm tired of it. Mimsey

The new address thing - I wonder if they've separated. That would explain her quitting the field also. Mimsey

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
What I particularly dislike about Marty's blog post is that he's demonstrating to Miscavige and OSA a willingness to attack Scientology critics with baseless accusations.

It's a twofer for OSA.

Tony Ortega has never criticized Mosey; this is nuttiness on Marty's part, but I hasten to add that none of us can begin to imagine the tectonic pressures that Marty and Mosey have been subjected to by this evil cult.

I hope Marty comes to his senses.