What's new

Upstairs at the Org

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
So I was a member of FRIENDS OF XENU because I bought some copies of Mission Earth at a used bookstore? High five!

Felt like I needed to take a shower when I read it. Very disturbing to think that came out of the mind of someone who I had respected and slaved for. Seems like everything he did that had some kind of direct for the raw public exposure after the Apollo All Stars became progressively disconnected from how it would actually be perceived. I couldn't fully appreciate all this for its own unique aesthetic quality at the time but now I'm kind of getting into it.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
By the time of this post I had only read the 1st 8 posts on this thread and I would say someone in the org had made a decision that you had communicated some 'very bad information or opinion about scientology. So instead of letting you do the or any c'omm course' as you had been pegged as a potential source of trouble = PTS and therefore had been 'programmed' to do the beginners version of the PTS course which is a requirement for people who are PTS.

As to the location of the 'phone interview' and person dialing a 4 digit number I would bet that you were dealing with a GO/OSA person...perhaps a DSA who was doing their invest tech and pulling as many 'strings' as possible to get who, what, where and when was the source of the 'very bad information =entheta ' so OSA could investigate even more what they considered an attack on scientology. That said, I will read on...

ETA: all caught up now....still guessing that you had some 'connection to an SP or where classed as some other type of PTS such as 'open minded' or a 'joker or degrader' ....Thank goodness I can't even remember anymore all those pts types...a to j or some such....

Last edited:

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors
By the time of this post I had only read the 1st 8 posts on this thread and I would say someone in the org had made a decision that you had communicated some 'very bad information or opinion about scientology. So instead of letting you do the or any c'omm course' as you had been pegged as a potential source of trouble = PTS and therefore had been 'programmed' to do the beginners version of the PTS course which is a requirement for people who are PTS.

As to the location of the 'phone interview' and person dialing a 4 digit number I would bet that you were dealing with a GO/OSA person...perhaps a DSA who was doing their invest tech and pulling as many 'strings' as possible to get who, what, where and when was the source of the 'very bad information =entheta ' so OSA could investigate even more what they considered an attack on scientology. That said, I will read on...

ETA: all caught up now....still guessing that you had some 'connection to an SP or where classed as some other type of PTS such as 'open minded' or a 'joker or degrader' ....Thank goodness I can't even remember anymore all those pts types...a to j or some such....

Well, hell. They probably did not know what to think of me then. I'm one of those annoying people where 80% or more of what comes out of their mouth is humor. My humor is not planned. I play off what is being said or done at the moment. People say I'm a quick wit which is a nice way of saying I'm annoying as all hell. I love older British humor which should tell you everything.

I never degrade however humor is in the eyes of the beholder I suppose. My course supervisor used to laugh like hell at the things I would say which is probably why she was the only person in that whole building that I actually liked.

They definitely did tell me I was PTS and I can see now were trying their damnedest to find somebody in my life that was causing me some imaginary trouble. The morons could not realize that the only ones who were causing me trouble were them.

It was in the middle of this ethics cycle when I was brought to the desk of the reg. She leaned over conspiratorial like and whispered, "See her over there? She's interested in you". Motioning with her eyes to that squirrely girl sitting on the stool by the wall who I mentioned earlier.

She then started asking me how we were going to get me to stop farting around and get moving up the bridge. I guess with me saying for the 100th time that I will start doing courses when I find work coupled with the look of disinterest on my face when she tried to set me up with this girl drove her temporarily insane In my eyes.

She stopped talking, straightened up, stared at me with such great TR 1 that would have made Hubbard proud and started blinking quickly. Her eyes looked really weird and she picked up this very heavy volume, lifted it above her head and slammed it down on the desk.

She started screaming louder than I've ever had anybody do in my vicinity, and paraphrasing here said: " When are you going to stop fucking around and being so fucking immature and climb out of that fucking cave you're hiding in and do something worthwhile!!?? You are sitting around making us do all the work so you can live in a safe environment! Why don't you just get the fuck out of here and go play around with all the other low-lifes out there?" There was more poison she spouted which I can't recall now.

I could feel myself burning red in the face and my expression must have scared her because she stopped abruptly. Maybe ten seconds passed then her face relaxed and she asked, "How did that make you feel?"

Now you have to realize that this was the whole first floor of the building and there were only partitions that went maybe eight feet high with ceilings at least 40 to 50 feet tall. So the 20-25 people on that floor heard it. In our area which was half of the first floor there were probably 15 people. The first thing I realized was it was deadly quiet. Now I was not only raging mad but unbelievably embarrassed.

My answer to her was a simple: "Not very good". She then basically acted like nothing happened and again asked me how we were going to get me on the bridge. I repeated what I had said before and at that point my memory goes blank. I have the feeling she just kind of threw her hands up and I left.

Once I calm down while I was walking to the bus I started feeling guilty because I thought that I had caused her outburst. I must have done something wrong. For a couple of days I thought and thought and thought trying to figure out what I had done. I finally came to the conclusion that I have done nothing wrong and that she was just a freaking nut. Needless to say that was my last day in a church of Scientology.

They just did not get it. Had they not put me into an ethics cycle and had I not had that encounter with that woman I would have stayed and quite probably had known many of you in person as the years passed. I guess I have that crazy woman to thank.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
while all the while trying to set me up with this squirrely girl who just sat on a stool by a wall next to the reg's desk.

So the reg kept a squirrely girl in her office to serve as replacement girlfriend for public? This sounds interesting.

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors
So the reg kept a squirrely girl in her office to serve as replacement girlfriend for public? This sounds interesting.

I have no idea what her position or purpose was. As I said earlier I never heard one single word from her in all those months I was there. She followed that reg everywhere she went. It was a creepy mini me type of relationship.

Last edited:

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors
"ETA: all caught up now....still guessing that you had some 'connection to an SP or where classed as some other type of PTS such as 'open minded' or a 'joker or degrader' ....Thank goodness I can't even remember anymore all those pts types...a to j or some such....[/QUOTE]"

The more I think about this the more comes back to me. I now remember one rainy day when I walked into the org with my umbrella and in a somewhat boisterous way began singing a Monty Python song ( I used to do a pretty good Eric idle impersonation) while doing a pretty bad Fred Astaire type dance using my umbrella like a cane. Everyone on the first floor just shut up and watched me as I smiled and sang and danced past and went straight up the stairs to the course room. Still singing and dancing when I went in the course room my course supervisor put her hand up to her mouth and began laughing and then put up one finger to her mouth to tell me to quiet down.

What a difference 10 years in that org made. From fun to everyone being pissed off.

This is the song I was singing. Who could not join in on singing this song? The Church of Scientology!
https://youtu.be/-ECUtkv2qV8

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors
Felt like I needed to take a shower when I read it. Very disturbing to think that came out of the mind of someone who I had respected and slaved for. Seems like everything he did that had some kind of direct for the raw public exposure after the Apollo All Stars became progressively disconnected from how it would actually be perceived. I couldn't fully appreciate all this for its own unique aesthetic quality at the time but now I'm kind of getting into it.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed reading it. His characters were quite a bit over the top but I think I liked that. While reading it I realized that these characters were extremes of his tone scale but I suppose I expected that.

The only disappointing part of the whole series was the abrupt ending. I expected some kind of fireworks ending but it just kind of went plunk and was done.

I need something new to read in the bath so I think I just might start that series again. But since I bought half of them in a used book store and was told that it was a bad thing to do, that they were most likely stolen would that mean I'm going to pull something bad in? Hmmmmmm...... I guess I was way out ethics on that one.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
"ETA: all caught up now....still guessing that you had some 'connection to an SP or where classed as some other type of PTS such as 'open minded' or a 'joker or degrader' ....Thank goodness I can't even remember anymore all those pts types...a to j or some such....
"

The more I think about this the more comes back to me. I now remember one rainy day when I walked into the org with my umbrella and in a somewhat boisterous way began singing a Monty Python song ( I used to do a pretty good Eric idle impersonation) while doing a pretty bad Fred Astaire type dance using my umbrella like a cane. Everyone on the first floor just shut up and watched me as I smiled and sang and danced past and went straight up the stairs to the course room. Still singing and dancing when I went in the course room my course supervisor put her hand up to her mouth and began laughing and then put up one finger to her mouth to tell me to quiet down.

What a difference 10 years in that org made. From fun to everyone being pissed off.

This is the song I was singing. Who could not join in on singing this song? The Church of Scientology!
https://youtu.be/-ECUtkv2qV8[/QUOTE]

That little ditty really should be the sea org anthem.
The problem is $cientology are hopelessly cluesless when it comes to irony.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I need something new to read in the bath so I think I just might start that series again. But since I bought half of them in a used book store and was told that it was a bad thing to do, that they were most likely stolen would that mean I'm going to pull something bad in? Hmmmmmm...... I guess I was way out ethics on that one.

It's interesting how org staff will say whatever they need to say, in order to get the sale?

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors
"

https://youtu.be/-ECUtkv2qV8

That little ditty really should be the sea org anthem.
The problem is $cientology are hopelessly cluesless when it comes to irony.[/QUOTE]

Aaaaaaaa-men!

Bost_Bobby

Patron with Honors
It's interesting how org staff will say whatever they need to say, in order to get the sale?

Or how they pushed and pushed for me to take other courses that they told me would help with my relationship with my girlfriend (which had NO problems whatsoever) all the while trying to get me to separate from her.

Gib

Crusader
I'm actually thinking you are correct here. In the last week or so since I posted this thread I've had time to think about it and I remember two incidents that happened with me that could have led to people at the org thinking I was out ethics.

I was browsing through a used bookstore when I came upon the first four or five volumes of Mission Earth. All brand new and in hardback. They were probably $4 or $5 each. The next time I went in the org I told somebody about it because let's face it, I was pretty excited to have them for such a cheap price.

"Ohhhhh, no. You should not have done that. Don't you know how they got there? They obviously were stolen and sold to that bookstore. You don't ever want to do something like that", I was told. I'm obviously paraphrasing but that was pretty close to exact.

Then there was this very nice kid who was very effeminate and was doing the book One auditing course. Everybody there kind of guessed that he was gay which kind of surprised me because at that time I knew how the church felt about homosexuality.

Anyway, he needed a PC so he could do his first session so the course supervisor asked if I would volunteer and I said, yes of course. He really had no idea what he was doing so I was sort of running the session for him but I must say that something did occur that was beneficial. Another day for that story.

We got along well and would take breaks outside while smoking and talking. So I asked him if he wanted to borrow my tape of Ron's journal 67 and I brought it in for him the next day which he happily took home with him.

When I came in the following week I asked the course Supervisor where he was and she told me that he never came back, he had blown. I asked her if she thought maybe it was because I had lent him the tape and that perhaps it was a little out gradient for him? She just said something like, Oh God. Yeah, way out gradient. And the matter was left there as far as I know.

So with those two situations, my never-ending sense of humor, and the fact that I would not leave my wonderful girlfriend when they were basically telling me I should while all the while trying to set me up with this squirrely girl who just sat on a stool by a wall next to the reg's desk. In all my time there I never heard her say not one single word. So maybe I was setting myself up for failure. :)

Sorry for the long post.

sounds to me, in view of reading your story here and posts later in time from this one,

my opinion is because you were still all friendly and cheerful with a never ending sense of humor, they have thought you were a Joker & Degrader, hence the yelling. And/or and maybe a Tweetie Wheetie Case, they were out to get you cracked, put the fear of God in you, if you know what I mean. KSW is serious business in their eyes.

:confused2:

Hypatia

Pagan
Agreed. I didn't know if it was some upper-level TRs or just some temporary psychotic break

For some stupid reason, staff are trained to scream and yell. I experienced it a bit and many here also have. She was trying to push your buttons and get under your skin. I always thought they act like torturers in a gulag or midnight inquisition where some poor bastard is picked up in the middle of the night and questioned and threatened.

Hypatia

Pagan
sounds to me, in view of reading your story here and posts later in time from this one,

my opinion is because you were still all friendly and cheerful with a never ending sense of humor, they have thought you were a Joker & Degrader, hence the yelling. And/or and maybe a Tweetie Wheetie Case, they were out to get you cracked, put the fear of God in you, if you know what I mean. KSW is serious business in their eyes.

:confused2:

Yeah, because if person jokes when at a Scio facility then they'll conclude he's joking about it-aka j&d.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
For some stupid reason, staff are trained to scream and yell. I experienced it a bit and many here also have. She was trying to push your buttons and get under your skin. I always thought they act like torturers in a gulag or midnight inquisition where some poor bastard is picked up in the middle of the night and questioned and threatened.

Why are staff trained to scream, yell, and otherwise act aggressively? Because it works much of the time. The aim is to introvert the target into submission.

Occasionally, it doesn't, which is why a clever senior will assign an expendable junior to do the yelling, if possible.