What's new

Scientology rips apart families with its ‘disconnection’ policy — but why?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
An interesting article from The Undergound Bunker on the subject that is my constant companion.

Hubbard feared PTS Scientologists because they were capable of suppressive acts. In 1965 he wrote: “Until the environment is handled, nothing beneficial can happen. Quite the contrary. In the most flagrant of such cases, the Scientologist’s case worsened and the suppressive person or group sent endless distorted or false reports to press, police, authorities and the public in general.”

We now begin to zero in on Hubbard’s real fear and that of his Church: The PTS Scientologist is likely to tell an “SP” what is really going on inside the organization, which then can get out to the press and the public. Hubbard additionally makes it a “high crime” for any Scientologist to report the church to police or the courts.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/15/sc...milies-with-its-disconnection-policy-but-why/

Free to shine
Something that is not often discussed is that beyond the immediate disconnection of a scientologist from the “SP” is the misinformation and manipulation used on extended families. The “SP” becomes Fair Game within that family, mostly as a way to explain the disconnection. The scientologist will use anything they can, whatever they know of past issues the “SP” may have had to stir up bad feeling against them. There is no recourse, because it’s all done secretly with the appropriate smiles and ‘empathy’ towards a family member who had ever AT ANY TIME had a personal problem with that “SP”. You suddenly find that family members just fade away out of contact for no apparent reason, or worse still do things like block your email or Facebook or even rage at you for something that has no basis in reality. It is shocking and truly evil.
http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/15/sc...connection-policy-but-why/#comment-2626250311

I refused to stop posting about scientology. I know I'm not alone in this, let's revisit some stories on this subject.

Hypatia

Pagan
An interesting article from The Undergound Bunker on the subject that is my constant companion.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/15/sc...milies-with-its-disconnection-policy-but-why/

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/15/sc...connection-policy-but-why/#comment-2626250311

I refused to stop posting about scientology. I know I'm not alone in this, let's revisit some stories on this subject.

I'd like to hug you right now. :hug:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I'd like to hug you right now. :hug:

Accepted with thanks. :hug:

Some days are really hard, and I don't care if OSA knows it. To turn children against their mother for the sake of scientology is evil beyond words. I am human, not a robot and maybe one day those who use despicable practices like disconnection will come to appreciate the fact that real emotion, connection and love is something worth fighting for instead of working on it's destruction. The Bubble World of scientology has no comparison and the people within may fool themselves on that score ... but what they have is superficial and essentially meaningless on any deep level. You can't fake it with beaming (apparent) Success stories and flurries of money being used to try and buy love. Just wake up people!

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard simply could not tolerate any DOUBT in a scio's mind. SPs sow the seeds of doubt which leads the scio to question Hubbard's teachings...to look critically at his dubious claims...and to wake up to the fact that Hubbard was a gigantic liar. Then the money stream from that scio would dry up. Thus, the only way he could stop this from happening is to enforce the disconnection policy...to prevent any scio from talking with an SP and begin to doubt Hubbard. Family members got into the cross-hairs because they have the most influence on a scio and in most cases have daily contact with the scio. If scio Mary woke up every day in her house and Mom (SP) engaged in some "suppressive" conversation, even if to lightly question scio doctrine, Mary would eventually break from the cult.

It is a despicable doctrine but Hubbard didn't give a shit. He knew damn well the pain it caused and the broken families that followed. Hubbard was the asshole of assholes of the world. He cared only about himself and his cult and fuck anyone who disagreed or criticized him.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Hubbard simply could not tolerate any DOUBT in a scio's mind. SPs sow the seeds of doubt which leads the scio to question Hubbard's teachings...to look critically at his dubious claims...and to wake up to the fact that Hubbard was a gigantic liar. Then the money stream from that scio would dry up. Thus, the only way he could stop this from happening is to enforce the disconnection policy...to prevent any scio from talking with an SP and begin to doubt Hubbard. Family members got into the cross-hairs because they have the most influence on a scio and in most cases have daily contact with the scio. If scio Mary woke up every day in her house and Mom (SP) engaged in some "suppressive" conversation, even if to lightly question scio doctrine, Mary would eventually break from the cult.

It is a despicable doctrine but Hubbard didn't give a shit. He knew damn well the pain it caused and the broken families that followed. Hubbard was the asshole of assholes of the world. He cared only about himself and his cult and fuck anyone who disagreed or criticized him.

Exactly right. Also other family members who have contact with the "SP" need to be isolated from them by any means possible in case the "SP's" influence gets back to the scio via them. It's par for the course. Thank goodness my parents refused to do that to me, despite the pressure.