What's new

Monique reportedly fires her legal team.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
My speculation is that Marty will build a second floor onto his ashram,
his personal hermitage, and will be traveling down a more spiritual path
in the future than in the past few years.

guru.jpg
:wink2:

* I actually suspect that Marty's "brief moment in time" as a topic for humor over here
is reaching its end soon and Marty will be leaving the public arena for a life of more
anonymity in Corpus Christi. I had an extra shoop in reserve, so I thought I better
post it while I could. Yes, this one is a joke.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
Don't bet on it! I'm looking at it in context and still don't get it. When Marty says he "missed" the affrontery etc, does he mean he wasn't aware of it, or does he mean he felt regret/sadness at no longer being involved in it? Or something else?

(Proper link = https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2016/05/02/censorship-and-hypocrisy/#comment-338565 )

Paul

Remember a couple of weeks ago when Mike Rinder posted these precepts, stating that his "good friend" Ray Jeffrey sent them, and reads this book as he walks his dog.

Mike might be as annoyed with Marty as anyone else.
Good of him I suppose to clarify his position in the middle of the shitstorm.
I thought this was pretty good PR for Ray, not that Ray would ever want to have anything to do with a whacked out $cio ever again.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-real-way-to-happiness/

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Marty said ''there is no settlement'' (talking about Monique's case)

He didn't say '' I, (personnaly) never got any settlement\agreement with DM\CO$ '''

Is there anyone here , with some credibility among the indies. to dare ask Him...

(He never replied to any of my ''retard' question - badly written - look like a nobody punk!:eyeroll:)

Id like the'd been ask : Did you (Marc C Rathbun) met with DM\attorneys and came to a settlement\agreement concerning you and Miscavige - Yes or No?????

repeat the question till EP

If he doesn't answer ''no'' to this one......for me it tells all there is to know!

(in the event it happened (If I were a prick I would do that- but I don't know Marty) it is my understanding there is no contingency fees to pay to the laywer for it is not related to Mosey's case. (plaintif is Mosey)
It's something (a war issue that must be resolved) between Marty and DM..
Mosey would only have been ''accessory'' as a mean of pressure???? (DM , like Uncle Ronnie, fears court )

What Mosey reached out of court, may only be to stop any harassment\stalking...wich implies there have been a comm somewhere in time , involving Marty and...Attorney ???? Dm????
Otherwise he would not have moved back to corpus Christy ???? Innit...

So while taking a beer to solve Monique's issue out of court, with good willingness..
I'd say it would be a nice opportunity to solve Marty and DM little issues and to attach a price to each everyone pieces negociated one at the time..and conclude it with a non-agression pact and $$$$
(make a camp fire , take a beer, and burn 'skeletons in the closet' of both parties.

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Peace is back!

Would be interesting to ask him to tell frankly if he still thinks the same of Miscavige he used to????

Repeat the question till EP (will probably be silence..)

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
Re: There was a settlement. Period.

There was a settlement. Period.

As I and others have quoted above, Marty says there was no settlement. If words have any meaning, then there was a settlement regardless of what Marty says.

Marty is, at best, engaging in semantics to the level of redefining words.

As also noted above, in her Request to Lift Stay, Monique states:

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

my husband and I have effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve by our own independent efforts.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

attachment.php

The only conceivable way in which Monique and her husband, Marty, could have "effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve" -- i.e., the termination of their harassment by the Church of Scientology and its agents -- is by some sort of contract, agreement, understanding, etc., -- i.e. a settlement -- with the Church of Scientology. There is simply no other way to do it.

Think about it. Party A has harassed Party B. Absent an injunction, court order, judgment for damages creating deterrence, or other legal intervention, what is to stop Party A from harassing Party B in the future? Only by some sort of contract, agreement, understanding, settlement, etc.

Marty might think that in this context there is some meaningful distinction (or for an old-hand Scientologist, "differentiation") between a contact, agreement, understanding, etc., on the one hand, and a "settlement," on the other hand, but he would be wrong.

Note, I am not in this comment saying Marty and/or Monique received any money or other compensation. I am simply saying that in order to have "have effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve" they must have reached some sort of agreement with the Church of Scientology -- in other words, a settlement.

Finally, the statement that Monique and Marty "effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve by [their] own independent efforts" is risible and, indeed, would be insulting to the intelligence of an orangutan. Without Ray Jeffrey they would have been screwed. The efforts of Ray Jeffrey were the only reason they "effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve" (assuming they did so). And in return they threw Ray Jeffrey under the bus.

I confess that I don't think well with legal matters and language.

Not sure exactly how "settlement" is defined legally, however it seems "Texas Lawyer" also used it the same way as Marty.

"Our Texas legal expert, an attorney who has handled appellate matters there and goes by the handle “TexasLawyer,” had told us that it appeared to him the case was ending without a settlement, even though many of our readers have assumed that the Rathbuns must have worked out some kind of financial agreement with Scientology after news broke in February that Monique had fired her entire legal team in the three-year lawsuit."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_(litigation)

http://tonyortega.org/2016/05/04/sc...pose-monique-rathbuns-plans-to-ditch-lawsuit/

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don't bet on it! I'm looking at it in context and still don't get it. When Marty says he "missed" the affrontery etc, does he mean he wasn't aware of it, or does he mean he felt regret/sadness at no longer being involved in it? Or something else?

(Proper link = https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2016/05/02/censorship-and-hypocrisy/#comment-338565 )

Paul

I took it to mean that he didn't notice or see any drama, but now I don't know what the hell he meant. He was certainly accusing Tony and his readers of stirring the shit with their comments. And by reposting those comments, he keeps the shit being stirred.

When he said he "missed it", maybe he really missed it (as in longing for the return) and that's why he's speaking up again. I give up. Marty has always liked hinting at things and implying secrets that only he is privy to.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Remember a couple of weeks ago when Mike Rinder posted these precepts, stating that his "good friend" Ray Jeffrey sent them, and reads this book as he walks his dog.

I thought this was pretty good PR for Ray, not that Ray would ever want to have anything to do with a whacked out $cio ever again.

Ah good catch.It makes sense now, i didn't connect the dots.
How repulsively unethical it was to deny Jeffrey the chance to recoup his losses. What would it have cost the Rathbun's?
It would be more understandable if a secret settlement had been made, rather than childish spitefulness.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I took it to mean that he didn't notice or see any drama, but now I don't know what the hell he meant. He was certainly accusing Tony and his readers of stirring the shit with their comments. And by reposting those comments, he keeps the shit being stirred.

When he said he "missed it", maybe he really missed it (as in longing for the return) and that's why he's speaking up again. I give up. Marty has always liked hinting at things and implying secrets that only he is privy to.

OK, thanks.

Since no-one else seems to have posted a WTF? about it, I guess most people got it. Any offers?

Paul

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Again, IMHO Marty is an emotionally immature person who craves attention. Proof: he has spent his whole life on a personal quest for recognition of his superior persona and talents (whatever these are..). Very telling that in the Theroux documentary, made and shown by the BBC , they resolved the problem of showing Miscavage for the beast he truly is by using actors and having Rathbun direct and play-act some of Slappy's fun games. By all accounts Marty was quite unnerved by the experience; fact is, he sort of slipped-out discreetly stage-side, probably because he suddenly realized that should the bottom fall-out of the kult, he will most definitely be back center-stage, and not to play-act any more....
So consider that what secrets he holds are like a sentence that is awaiting pronouncing. Just a question of time really....or maybe if he is lucky Slappy has a massive coronary and he never again has to worry about such things as killings, frauds, destruction of evidence (Lisa McPherson), kidnappings, running an illegal importation of slave labor etc....etc...
So much more comes to mind, makes me queasy :nervous:
Shewolf

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK, thanks.

Since no-one else seems to have posted a WTF? about it, I guess most people got it. Any offers?

Paul

He's got more drama coming. I just saw a comment he posted saying "stay tuned". Again, hinting at something concrete and giving nothing.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
. . .
My speculation is that Marty will build a second floor onto his ashram,
his personal hermitage, and will be traveling down a more spiritual path
in the future ......

View attachment 12564
:wink2:

* I actually suspect that Marty's "brief moment in time" as a topic for humor over here
is reaching its end soon and Marty will be leaving the public arena for a life of more
anonymity in Corpus Christi. I had an extra shoop in reserve, so I thought I better
post it while I could. Yes, this one is a joke.

So you mean a path without a Lamborghini.... like in the picture ?

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Jeffrey is a big boy, a pro, a Major League talent. I don't think we've heard the last of Ray Jeffrey taking on the Cof$ and DM. He wouldn't shy away from taking a solid Case from a Catholic or Jew or Baptist, etc just because he ran across a goofy, flaky, sneaky, duplicitous one.

Jeffrey publicly humiliated the Cof$ and DM thrice and rang the cash register twice so far (that we know about). Besides some decent dough, Jeffrey has "Banked" a ton of savvy, knowledge and experience with the three slices he's to date taken off (that we know about) the Diminutive One's pecker.

Marty never met a Thesaurus he didn't like. Trying to decipher Marty's prose is like playing whack-a-mole with ten tequila shots under your belt. "They didn't 'Settle'", "Marty didn't 'Settle'" yet they "achieved" their "objectives", Tony O's a "Hack", people are undeservedly "mean" to Marty--when he's been "nothing but Noble and Heroic"--and therefore all the vile slanderous lies that he wrote about so many Ex Old Timer Insiders should be given a Pass and forgotten about.

Oye Effen Vey. :eyeroll:

Face:)

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
He's got more drama coming. I just saw a comment he posted saying "stay tuned". Again, hinting at something concrete and giving nothing.

Oh he always does that. :eyeroll: Honestly, beyond stimulating others' imagination, the man is so boring. Stay tuned for more hints and inuendo while he actually says nothing at all.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Oh he always does that. :eyeroll: Honestly, beyond stimulating others' imagination, the man is so boring. Stay tuned for more hints and inuendo while he actually says nothing at all.

WoW!

You emanate so much excitement Sheila :lol:

You know what ????

It just came to my mind that we may be gifted with a wonderfull book soon....
An astonishing thriller .... :lol:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Marty, unsolicited, spent years actively, openly and avidly making numerous other folks business his business. Now he's all boo hoo, butt hurt and crocodile tears that some of those folks aren't minding their own business are messin' in his business. :eyeroll:

What goes around comes around. :yes:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marty, unsolicited, spent years actively, openly and avidly making numerous other folks business his business. Now he's all boo hoo, butt hurt and crocodile tears that some of those folks aren't minding their own business are messin' in his business. :eyeroll:

What goes around comes around. :yes:

Marty Rathbun is acting just like a guy that used to work at the top echelons of an evil cult,

next to a dictator that will stop at nothing to silence its critics...

who has been paid off big time in exchange for bashing one of Scientology's biggest and baddest SP's - Tony Ortega

who has fired his attorney's (a ruse)

and will never ever discuss the law suit again

The attorney's will eventually get paid

Marty will justify his blood money with his bride and baby now taking up his "purpose" in life

and will fade into the sunset much like Debbie Cook and other gagged ex Sea Org Management that escaped Scientology.

It Keeps Scientology Working! :yes:

It sucks big time!:no::nervous::bigcry::grouch: because people get hurt to pay off these goons that think they are hot shit cuz they worked next to evil.

What I would like to know is why is Mike Rinder not allowing any questions about this on his blog?

Did he get some money too?

You can never out estimate the evil doings of Scientology and those that worked next to the devil hisself.

Last edited: