What's new

Attorney Monique Yinging's body language evidence of lying?

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you watched the ABC 20/20 interview with Ron Miscavige, you saw Scientology's spokes person Monique Yingling speak on behalf the Church of Scientology.

She was blinking incessantly to the point where I was in awe of that body language.

I suspected it was evidence that she was LYING and I found this interesting article on Reader's Digest regarding body language:

http://www.rd.com/advice/relationships/how-to-spot-a-liar/

"You may think a smile can easily disguise your true feelings, but the expressions that flash across a liar's face will give away what she's really thinking—whether she knows it or not. Experts advise paying close attention to hard-to-hide micro-expressions; these clues are often so difficult to detect that even trained experts have trouble discerning them. But you may be able to spot a liar by the red color on her cheeks, since anxiety can cause people to blush. Other indicators of lying? Flared nostrils, lip nibbling, deep breathing, and rapid blinking, which hint that the brain is working overtime."

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I'm guessing that if you have a real sociopath none of those indicators are likely to be present because of the lack-of-remorse trait: those bodily signs indicate dissonance between one's awareness of the truth and what's coming out of one's mouth.

Is Yingling a sociopath? I don't know, but to have been doing what she does for decades -- as a non-Scientologist -- speaks volumes. She can't pretend to be unaware of what's going on.

Paul

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I'm guessing that if you have a real sociopath none of those indicators are likely to be present because of the lack-of-remorse trait: those bodily signs indicate dissonance between one's awareness of the truth and what's coming out of one's mouth.

Is Yingling a sociopath? I don't know, but to have been doing what she does for decades -- as a non-Scientologist -- speaks volumes. She can't pretend to be unaware of what's going on.

Paul
Thanks Paul, I hold pretty much the same opinion. To label one a sociopath merely through representation of something vile (as many know the system of cult-o'-Hubbard to be), seems to me kind of over-the-top analysis. She got into a bed filled with fleas, for money, for 'status', who really knows except her. If she is at all aware of the media storm that follows CoS' silliness, then she is merely another complacent pawn in a very fucked up chess game. She's a tax lawyer ffs, not a brain surgeon.
Members of the cult are not the only ones to get trapped by it, I consider that many unsuspecting people get to floating around the edge of the cult whirlpool, and either have no real idea of how the boat floats, or become numbed by the finances and 'status' offered, maybe choosing to ignore the realities for short term gain. Little do they know. :duh:
I have little doubt that anyone in such a capacity as Ms. Yingling holds, especially when dealing with culty-money, has been thoroughly vetted to the point of where leverage can be exerted for compliance, our dear departed Denise B. and I talked about this at length over the last few years, and it became very obvious to me that once you jump into the swamp, the swamp will try and own you.

:nervous:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Lying is an absolute requirement of any Scientologist, and certainly Miscavige as well.

An insistence at being truthful in all situations would eventually land one in Ethics, and for staff members, could lead to being tossed out on the street.

Can you imagine what would happen if a register were asked by a prospect "Is Scientology compatible with Christianity?", and she gave a truthful answer?

Lying is commanded by policy when required to do the corrupted version of what is the "greatest good" as defined by Hubbard.

Any attorney representing the CoS or COB, regardless of whether they're a Scientologist or not, would be expected to adhere to this as well.

According to the so called "Scientology scriptures", the failure to lie is actually considered a crime in some situations. Hubbard doesn't state it in those words but one can read between the lines and easily conclude this.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Being a PR spokesperson for Scientology is evidence of lying.

Pretty much this I are thimk, is the term 'cognitive dissonance' applicable? Oh yes it is!

:eyeroll:

Unlike getting sprayed by a skunk, the stink from involvement in culty affairs could follow one around for years and years, no matter the level, which, it seems ta me, would rope one into the wonderful world of Hubbard, whether you'd want that or not.
"We can get rid of that smell!" *spray-spray* :omg:

Just my wee 0.02$ for now, it is a beautiful sunny day so me buddy and I are going for a drive, play some music, and look at the day and be thankful, byeeeeeee :)

I don't recall which "tells" indicate that a person is lying, is her taking a deep breath before he response about the hiring of PI's and her eye movement such tells? Do you recall if she looked to the upper right? Or any other tells?

Mimsey

http://www.wikihow.com/Detect-Lies
I posted that before, this seems a better place for it.

She came across to me as evasive, her answers about DM's feelings went along the lines of: "I imagine he..." rather than simply saying I don't know or something else honest. It's the old "how to lie without actually lying" ploy.

But really, she was an odd choice - send a tax attorney to be a talking head? Did he think her status would add credibility? Or was there no one else left in the tool box to send out?

Mimsey

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I posted that before, this seems a better place for it.

She came across to me as evasive, her answers about DM's feelings went along the lines of: "I imagine he..." rather than simply saying I don't know or something else honest. It's the old "how to lie without actually lying" ploy.

But really, she was an odd choice - send a tax attorney to be a talking head? Did he think her status would add credibility? Or was there no one else left in the tool box to send out?

Mimsey

I think they sent Monique Yingling as a "mind control" tactic. She was sent to do the ABC 20/20 interview to SCARE and intimidate :omg: ABC into some type of censure regarding David Miscavige or else....:nazi:

When it looks like Scientology and smells like Scientology and it does not make sense to the normal, trusting Homo Sap - human being - it is SCIENTOLOGY.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Cross-Posted from the Stupid Thread.

-----

Scieno-Scenario: Tax lawyer and cult spokesperson du jour, Monique Yingling, drills her TR-0 before going on national TV, to defend her client, COB, and viciously attack an "SP"--David Miscavige's own father.

COACH
Okay, start of TR-O bullbaited!
So, I know you have consistently maintained that
your client never beat his staff, but let me now
play you secret surveillance footage of David Miscavige
continuously kicking and violently stomping on his
driver's head in public, for 6 minutes while screaming:
"I told you to postulate a parking spot that was close,
you fucking counter-intentioned cocksucker! But, you
made me walk a block in the rain and now my $2300 custom
made John Lobb shoes are wet! And even worse you made
me kick your face in and now I've got your fucking
DB downstat blood all over them!" Let's roll that tape. . .

giphy.gif

COACH
(continuing)
Flunk! For excessive blinking, tics and
really creepy nervous twitches.

MONIQUE YINGLING
(blink-blink, tic-tic, twitch...)
Okay, we're stopping this TR right here
and right now! As Mr. Miscavige's personal lawyer
you don't have the fucking rank to flunk me. And, secondarily
there is no video footage of Mr. Miscavige repeatedly
kicking staff members in the head. And although
no such video exists, nor did it ever exist, if you actually
have such footage, I am ordering you to surrender that
video and sign a sworn affidavit that you never saw it.​

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you watched the ABC 20/20 interview with Ron Miscavige, you saw Scientology's spokes person Monique Yingling speak on behalf the Church of Scientology.

She was blinking incessantly to the point where I was in awe of that body language.

I suspected it was evidence that she was LYING and I found this interesting article on Reader's Digest regarding body language:

"You may think a smile can easily disguise your true feelings, but the expressions that flash across a liar's face will give away what she's really thinking—whether she knows it or not. Experts advise paying close attention to hard-to-hide micro-expressions; these clues are often so difficult to detect that even trained experts have trouble discerning them. But you may be able to spot a liar by the red color on her cheeks, since anxiety can cause people to blush. Other indicators of lying? Flared nostrils, lip nibbling, deep breathing, and rapid blinking, which hint that the brain is working overtime."

Or in her case any type of mouth movement - aka speech - would do the trick.

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
"She was blinking incessantly to the point where I was in awe of that body language. "

Totally agree - thought the same thing. Already knew it was a "tell" for lying.

Still, she looked pretty good, how old is she? Obviously she's on the Tom Cruise sea org diet, filet and lobster, not beans and rice.:giggle: Am I getting up there? :lol:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Scientology Paradox # 666: Scientologists incessantly practice their TR-O for decades because that is the only tech that "works". They endlessly drill TR-O until all vestiges of physiological micro-expressions are erased. Then, when they have a profound crisis that requires someone go on national television to somehow put out a raging PR conflagration (e.g. the book "RUTHLESS") they don't send in a veteran Scientologist with perfect TRs. They don't even send in a new Scientologist with crappy TRs. They send in a Wog with no TRs whatsoever. Someone who nervously blinks, tics and twitches. Even non-scientology PR firms know to not put someone in front of the camera who appears as an unlikable, blinking, tic-ravaged, twitching mess who personifies what people expect a liar to look like. But Scientologists have a very good reason for hiring such a cartoonishly bad liar.

Reason: Despite their authoritatively populating every conversation with the terms "survival", "pro-survival" and "optimum survival", Scientologists are manifestly quite self-destructive.

"She was blinking incessantly to the point where I was in awe of that body language. "

Totally agree - thought the same thing. Already knew it was a "tell" for lying.

Still, she looked pretty good, how old is she? Obviously she's on the Tom Cruise sea org diet, filet and lobster, not beans and rice.:giggle: Am I getting up there? :lol:

Do you want to date her? BTW, she's not sea org, so, not only does she eat well, and is rich, you wouldn't be violating any out 2D rules if you did hook up. Her husband has passed so, maybe she's dating again.

Mimsey

Monique Yingling is a partner in the DC lawfirm of Zuckert, Scoutt & Rasenberger, L.L.P.. Detailed information on her can be found on on A.R.S. [1]

Monique E. Yingling focuses her practice in the area of tax controversy. She is experienced in litigating tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service in federal court.

Prior to joining Zuckert, Scoutt & Rasenberger in 1985, Ms. Yingling was a Trial Attorney with the Tax Division of the Department of Justice, Washington, D.C. from 1978-1983.

She is licensed to practice in the District of Columbia and the State of California.

Ms. Yingling is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the Federal Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
http://whyweprotest.wikia.com/wiki/Scientology_lawyers

See also:

http://www.zsrlaw.com/attorneys-government-affairs-staff/monique-yingling

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
"Do you want to date her?"

Hmmm... almost said depending on her bank account, but then again, it would be like dating a member of the Nazi party.:no:

(however 5 min in the hall closet...?)

While I can agree everybody is innocent, until proven guilty, and everyone should have the best defense he / she can afford, at what point does it become a breach of ethics for a lawyer to knowingly lie about a client to the media? it seems to me, her responses were evasive, and misleading so she could have deniability.

Dexler seems more out there, and is just outright lying. Is there any liability? Or can a lawyer just lie their asses off with impunity? it seems to be from the vein - the lawyer doesn't want to know his client is guilty, so anything he says is with a "clear" conscience.

Or do they bank on the fact, the odds are very slim anyone will take them to task?

Mimsey

Orglodyte 2

Patron with Honors
Lying is an absolute requirement of any Scientologist, and certainly Miscavige as well.

An insistence at being truthful in all situations would eventually land one in Ethics, and for staff members, could lead to being tossed out on the street.

Can you imagine what would happen if a register were asked by a prospect "Is Scientology compatible with Christianity?", and she gave a truthful answer?

Lying is commanded by policy when required to do the corrupted version of what is the "greatest good" as defined by Hubbard.

Any attorney representing the CoS or COB, regardless of whether they're a Scientologist or not, would be expected to adhere to this as well.

According to the so called "Scientology scriptures", the failure to lie is actually considered a crime in some situations. Hubbard doesn't state it in those words but one can read between the lines and easily conclude this.

This is true. The training to lie begins right away, in study with your first disagreement, when you look up words until you agree, or pretend to agree; in auditing when you find earlier similar incidents to please the auditor and move along even if it all seems unreal; when you write that success story, fooling yourself just a bit so you can get the next step on the path to the golden goal.

Lying, to oneself in particular, is a skill learned early and well in Scn.

It is not wise to trust someone whose writing is peppered with the word "factually."

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious

I thought it was amazing how obvious a liar she was. You'd think as a representative of Scientology she'd have been much more polished. I guess they can not longer afford the best. :confused2: