What's new

Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard on a 7 year-old girl being passionately kissed

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
The above quotation and screenshot are from the first edition. Perhaps the quoted text was edited out of subsequent editions when, you know, someone other than Hubbard had actually read the book before publication?

I've got a 1979 hardback edition and it's exactly the same. Even the same page number.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
Realistically what was meant is that many of us have had childhood experiences that we didn't understand the context of until we were adults.

I remember being at a sibling's residence as a kid when they were in college. My favorite in-law took me and another family member on a walk around campus. It was FOREVER!! It took waaaaaaaaaay too long and we were definitely petered out when we got back.

Many years later the sibling told me that they were smoking pot. The sibling never knew what the in-law had done and that was that the in-law had taken us out and away from that setting to shield us from that exposure.

Then it all clicked and made sense.

Although that was a positive understanding I've had others that were negative.

This passage is saying that a kid wouldn't have any prior experience to gauge an innocent kiss to a lascivious sexual one...being too young to understand.

Remember the old SNL skits where Gilda Radner and Jane Newman play the little girls and the uncle comes over to babysit and has them jump on the bed and he snaps polaroids of them when their skirts fly up?

The kids were just having fun and the joke was that the pervert was taking advantage of the "play". Think Hugh Hef and his trampolines and Bunnies.

I'm not defending Hubbard or Dianetics.

People have strong instincts from birth though. Hubbard loves blaming a persons inherent instinctual intelligence on the bank.
Thats why, when you sign a billion year contract and every bone in your body is screaming "RUN"!, you think it is your bank telling you it doesn't want to die. Totally twisted.

I could see the made up jumping on the bed scenario not calculating with a child, but a "passionate kiss" is not even in the same ballpark.

The child wouldn't know WHY they were feeling scared or icky, but the instincts would be there. They would KNOW it was wrong.
I've read a theory that little girls are so ticklelish because it's a defense mechanism.

I could open a ten a penny shop with all the nails in this old bastards coffin.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
It's the same text in the re-sourced 2007 hardback edition (on p.403).

Paul

Just proves that most $cientologists don't read that cursed book.
I bet many many of them will be shocked to read this, once they get around to googling Scientology.

Maybe the indies are breathing a sigh of relief because it looks like David Miscavige did not remove this important piece of tek from the original book, lol.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
So this makes me wonder, did LRH passionately kiss 7 year old girls?

Considering how much of Dianetics and Scientology were all about LRH's case, and his making those aspects universal (consider how big a role abortion incidents play in DMSMH, and the reports of LRH having abortions done on his lovers), I think it likely that he at least had a desire to.

Plus the report that he had sexually molested his daughter Diana.

And then there's the subject of those pubescent Commodores Messengers in hot pants...

guanoloco

As-Wased
People have strong instincts from birth though. Hubbard loves blaming a persons inherent instinctual intelligence on the bank.
Thats why, when you sign a billion year contract and every bone in your body is screaming "RUN"!, you think it is your bank telling you it doesn't want to die. Totally twisted.

I could see the made up jumping on the bed scenario not calculating with a child, but a "passionate kiss" is not even in the same ballpark.

The child wouldn't know WHY they were feeling scared or icky, but the instincts would be there. They would KNOW it was wrong.
I've read a theory that little girls are so ticklelish because it's a defense mechanism.

I could open a ten a penny shop with all the nails in this old bastards coffin.

I agree.

In my campus hike story it started out fun and lasted too long and turned into a grind. It never made sense and was odd. It didn't make sense until as an adult my sibling admitted the drug use.

My dad wasn't in school yet. Circa 1934 or 35 he gets cornered in an alley by a soldier or a sailor and he's small enough to dart between the legs of an adult and run out of the alley. He instinctively knew something was wrong.

Ron wrote "the being always knows" and writes the Dianetics passage stating that the kid wouldn't have a clue.

The infamous Hu666ard Law of Commotion.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
This is why IMO DMSMH is such a deadly book......

Sure....lots of idealistic kids....(and adults) look at the world starting out....and are not happy with what they see....or what their choices in life might be....

At that point....reading DMSMH.....Hubbard is basically saying...."well don't get involved with the world....as it is" because the entirely of human existence is not correct ( or real ) anyway.....because he found out why "mistakes" are made....."The reactive mind" and "past lives"....

and he discovered a new "technology" to fix it....

When one swallows this ( agrees to accept the premise...) or even just take a look at it....or test it out for one's own.....at that point....one is hooked by the Cult. One is misdirected away from a life....a career.....a family.....and toward "helping to save this planet and such....

Hooked by the Cult SO MUCH.....(just as an example) that if you read the book at age 17......you might find yourself....10 or 20 years later being told by the same Cult.....that you need to take a grammar course.....or a "Key to Life" course of learning basic words.....(as you are so stupid....)

Gib

Crusader
Just proves that most $cientologists don't read that cursed book.
I bet many many of them will be shocked to read this, once they get around to googling Scientology.

Maybe the indies are breathing a sigh of relief because it looks like David Miscavige did not remove this important piece of tek from the original book, lol.

actually, most have at this point in time. When "The Basics" came out, in circa 2007, I forget now, all staff were ordered to do "The Basics" and public as well, we were really hard sold to buy the books and do all the courses in chronological order. As far as I know staff and public did indeed do them.

The first was EOS, then DMSMH, then SOS, etc.

There is so much in that book it's hard to keep one's thoughts straight.

Gib

Crusader
I've got a 1979 hardback edition and it's exactly the same. Even the same page number.

I'm curious, does your edition have the appendixes at the end?

I believe four of them, one by Will Durant, one by Dr. Winter, one by John Campbell, and I forget the fourth w/o looking it up.

phenomanon

Canyon
Considering how much of Dianetics and Scientology were all about LRH's case, and his making those aspects universal (consider how big a role abortion incidents play in DMSMH, and the reports of LRH having abortions done on his lovers), I think it likely that he at least had a desire to.

Plus the report that he had sexually molested his daughter Diana.

And then there's the subject of those pubescent Commodores Messengers in hot pants...

Don Breeding was an "Oldtimer", and good friend of LRH's.
He was arrested in the early 60s for molesting his stepdaughter and her friends. I know this because he was "my Auditor" at the time. He told me that there was nothing wrong in fondling little girls.
He said that these little girls had "wanted to see it", so he showed it to them and let them touch it , etc.
I caved in big time on that one. Ate a couple dozen Seconal and had my stomach pumped.
Many years pass and I see that Don Breeding has been posted as ED for the "Oldtimers' Club".
Child abuse is not a "thing that shouldn't be" in the Cult of scientology.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don Breeding was an "Oldtimer", and good friend of LRH's.
He was arrested in the early 60s for molesting his stepdaughter and her friends. I know this because he was "my Auditor" at the time. He told me that there was nothing wrong in fondling little girls.
He said that these little girls had "wanted to see it", so he showed it to them and let them touch it , etc.
I caved in big time on that one. Ate a couple dozen Seconal and had my stomach pumped.
Many years pass and I see that Don Breeding has been posted as ED for the "Oldtimers' Club".
Child abuse is not a "thing that shouldn't be" in the Cult of scientology.

Thank you for Posting about this, phenomanon. I heard from highly reliable sources about Breeding's pedophilia and close friendship with El Ron in the early days. Breeding was one of the Top Dogs in Scn when that happened. I interacted with him a few times...before and after I was "clued in" by others...and every time he was a way creepy guy and not pleasant to be around .:nervous:

How horrible for you to have gone through that.:bigcry:

This "Big beings in little bodies" mantra is such a load of crap and a disgusting rationalization and Scns Carte Blanche for all manor of vile treatment of children. :angry:

Face:)

Last edited:

looker

Patron Meritorious
Its a wonder more of us who were in for more than 5 years don't have PTSD.

Maybe we do and refuse to acknowledge it as such. :ohmy:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Its a wonder more of us who were in for more than 5 years don't have PTSD.

Maybe we do and refuse to acknowledge it as such. :ohmy:

Well said...

as a matter of fact, I was discussing this specific topic with a dear exe friend of mine few days ago.

for many of us, if we didn't left carrying a PTSD, we left with a trauma that takes years if not decades to identify...because life forces soon or later to care about it...
AFIAIC, it took +20years to admit myself this was it.

When in the cult, we must be strong, no emotional, denying our basic needs, forbidden to talk about case , neither permitted to discuss our concerns unless it brings money in the coffers...

Now, how about the abused, molested kids who were denied any protection, safe space, and were made those who are guilty for being abused.... ???? I can hardly imagine their loneliness and despair..its cruel and traumatic and I doubt many will talk....

The cult of up-stat, ethical and valuable scum of the earth!

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm curious, does your edition have the appendixes at the end?

I believe four of them, one by Will Durant, one by Dr. Winter, one by John Campbell, and I forget the fourth w/o looking it up.

No, there is just one Appendix and it contains Advice To The Pre-Clear, Glossary, Index and Church List.

Glenda

Crusader
1987 edition, page 445.

book01%20300x180_zpsqk5mtqkb.jpg

book02%20300x195_zpsaxooqlpk.jpg

phenomanon

Canyon
Thank you for Posting about this, phenomanon. I heard from highly reliable sources about Breeding's pedophilia and close friendship with El Ron in the early days. Breeding was one of the Top Dogs in Scn when that happened. I interacted with him a few times...before and after I was "clued in" by others...and every time he was a way creepy guy and not pleasant to be around .:nervous:

How horrible for you to have gone through that.:bigcry:

This "Big beings in little bodies" mantra is such a load of crap and a disgusting rationalization and Scns Carte Blanche for all manor of vile treatment of children. :angry:

I am thinking that I must be a magnet for abuse and/or betrayal.:nervous:

I had met Don Breeding in Phoenix when he was the "top dog". I was excited to have him as my Auditor. At the time, he was married to a nice Lady named Terry. I dunno what ever became of her.
I lost touch with the whole scn show , became a Hippie in San Francisco, and had a good time until Alan Walter came thru town with John MacMaster with the announcement of the " World's First Clear". My overactive curiosity was my downfall, yet again.:ohmy: I left San Fran and began working with Alan in the Dallas Mission.

"THey say" that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Well, Face, I am one strong muther! LOL.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am thinking that I must be a magnet for abuse and/or betrayal.:nervous:

I had met Don Breeding in Phoenix when he was the "top dog". I was excited to have him as my Auditor. At the time, he was married to a nice Lady named Terry. I dunno what ever became of her.
I lost touch with the whole scn show , became a Hippie in San Francisco, and had a good time until Alan Walter came thru town with John MacMaster with the announcement of the " World's First Clear". My overactive curiosity was my downfall, yet again.:ohmy: I left San Fran and began working with Alan in the Dallas Mission.

"THey say" that whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Well, Face, I am one strong muther! LOL.

As one tough mutha to anotha...Man, do I ever Grok you! :lol:

What has endeared me to you over the years on this Board is that we "chewed some of the same dirt" and your straight shooting, unvarnished and firsthand perspective re: the real El Ron, whom we both knew and interacted with. :yes:

Your "take no prisoners" insight and unique perspective re: Hisself and the "Original Days" foot so well with my personal experience and memories from the "Old Days", around a decade, more or less, later. :coolwink:

Your Stuff on ESMB helped me, immeasurably, to realize that what I saw go down was how "It" and "IT" was from the get-go. :ohmy:

So glad you've been here with all of Us and still hangin' around these parts, Darlin'. :thumbsup:

Last edited: