What's new

11 am Sat 5/28 Stop Scientology Disconnection protest at SMP Opening

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
11 am Sat 5/28 Stop Scientology Disconnection protest at Scientology Media Productions Opening.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/05/25/as...ontroversial-sign-goes-up/#comment-2694781073

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Sid (Phil Jones) • 10 hours ago

SMP Grand Opening Protest

This Saturday we'll be doing a peaceful protest during the opening of the new SMP property. We have plenty of Call Me magnetic car signs, as well as hand held ones for walking around. We'll be meeting up at Barnsdall Shopping Plaza in the parking lot on Saturday at 11am to distribute signs and give instructions. That's the corner of Vermont and Hollywood Blvd.

We'd love it if we could get a good crowd of people out so any L.A. people who can come along and join us it would be great to see you there. Also, if you have video cameras please bring them. It would be good for everyone's safety if we had lots of cameras rolling. Then there would be no 'misunderstandings' as to what we are doing.

I look forward to seeing you there.

-Phil

Edit to add: We'll be near the Rite Aid. You'll see our car with the Call Me signs on it.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

attachment.php

Attachments

• CallMeAtSMP1.png
    CallMeAtSMP1.png
    152 KB · Views: 573

CommunicatorIC

Reconnaissance — Scientology Media Productions Update.

An update from Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney at Jenny at LAX

Reconnaissance — Scientology Media Productions Update

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/reconnaissance-scientology-media-productions-update/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

1%202016-05-26%20REC-SPM%20Map%202_zps4rsribu4.jpg

Photo Caption: SMP is bordered to the north by Sunset Dr., to the west by Sunset Blvd., and to the east by Hoover St. The red lines as drawn on this map (courtesy Google Maps) point out where signs have been posted that read: “Tow-Away; Temporary; No Stopping, 8 AM to Midnight, Saturday Only; To Recover Impounded Vehicles Call 311.” The arrows I’ve drawn are as follows:

(1) A small pedestrian gate on Sunset Dr. that I overlooked yesterday.
(2) A “Red Zone,” No Parking.
(3) A “Red Zone,” No Parking.
(4) A “safe” place outside Rudy’s Barbershop for protesters in case all else fails.
(5) A delivery entrance on Hoover St. that I forgot to take a picture of yesterday.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

14%20RECmdashSMP%202016-05-26%20DSC02951_zpsugtdfxcg.jpg

Photo Caption: If all else fails, David, the manager of Rudy’s Barbershop, told me that protesters can congregate here outside his shop. There are three areas available for the use of protesters on Sunset Dr. (Rudy’s is on the right). Those areas are indicated by the red arrows: one area is the gravel-filled section in the foreground; another is the area just east of that (the one with the picnic tables in it); the third area is the section to the east of that one (the one that has a couple of dumpsters in it).

19%20RECmdashSMP%202016-05-26%20DSC02990_zpsqs2zr4zf.jpg

Photo Caption: Suddenly, “Drone Tech” arrives over SMP! The red arrow on the right indicates SMP’s parking garage. The other arrow points out the staging area for this Saturday’s grand opening.

19B%20RECmdashSMP%202016-05-26%20DSC02990_zpsdbmj2xm7.jpg

Photo Caption: This composite shows five images of the drone in consecutive order. Who is spying on whom?

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Reconnaissance — Scientology Media Productions Update.

An update from Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney at Jenny at LAX

Reconnaissance — Scientology Media Productions Update

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/reconnaissance-scientology-media-productions-update/

1%202016-05-26%20REC-SPM%20Map%202_zps4rsribu4.jpg

Photo Caption: SMP is bordered to the north by Sunset Dr., to the west by Sunset Blvd., and to the east by Hoover St. The red lines as drawn on this map (courtesy Google Maps) point out where signs have been posted that read: “Tow-Away; Temporary; No Stopping, 8 AM to Midnight, Saturday Only; To Recover Impounded Vehicles Call 311.” The arrows I’ve drawn are as follows:

(1) A small pedestrian gate on Sunset Dr. that I overlooked yesterday.
(2) A “Red Zone,” No Parking.
(3) A “Red Zone,” No Parking.
(4) A “safe” place outside Rudy’s Barbershop for protesters in case all else fails.
(5) A delivery entrance on Hoover St. that I forgot to take a picture of yesterday.

14%20RECmdashSMP%202016-05-26%20DSC02951_zpsugtdfxcg.jpg

Photo Caption: If all else fails, David, the manager of Rudy’s Barbershop, told me that protesters can congregate here outside his shop. There are three areas available for the use of protesters on Sunset Dr. (Rudy’s is on the right). Those areas are indicated by the red arrows: one area is the gravel-filled section in the foreground; another is the area just east of that (the one with the picnic tables in it); the third area is the section to the east of that one (the one that has a couple of dumpsters in it).

19%20RECmdashSMP%202016-05-26%20DSC02990_zpsqs2zr4zf.jpg

Photo Caption: Suddenly, “Drone Tech” arrives over SMP! The red arrow on the right indicates SMP’s parking garage. The other arrow points out the staging area for this Saturday’s grand opening.

19B%20RECmdashSMP%202016-05-26%20DSC02990_zpsdbmj2xm7.jpg

Photo Caption: This composite shows five images of the drone in consecutive order. Who is spying on whom?

It's the 6th invader force.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Update from Fred:

1%20SMP-PGS%202016-05-28%20DSC03157_zpswdek1ewv.jpg

5%20SMP-PGS%202016-05-28%20DSC03172_zpsmmtz0bvb.jpg

Photo Caption: This vehicle is allowed to defy the “No Parking” signs posted on the east side of Sunset Blvd., just south of SMP’s entrance: Security Detection. The van has stacks of metal detectors waiting to be set-up as well as security wands. Will scientologists be required to removed their belts before walking through the metal detectors? Don’t bring any water!

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/2016/05/28/scientology-media-productions-pregame-show/

CommunicatorIC

Scientology Media Productions—Grand Protest—May 28, 2016—Part 1.

Article by Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney at Jenny at LAX.

Scientology Media Productions—Grand Protest—May 28, 2016—Part 1

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/20...productions-grand-protest-may-28-2016-part-1/

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on scientology. Today, I’m reporting from the Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the so-called “church” of scientology’s West Coast headquarters. More specifically, I’m reporting on the preparations made on May 28, 2016, for the Grand Opening of the Scientology Media Productions (“SMP”), located at 4401 W. Sunset Blvd., about ten blocks east of PAC Base.

For today’s protest, Phil and Willie Jones provided signs so that some of us could drive around PAC Base and SMP with magnetic “call me” signs affixed to the driver’s and passenger’s doors. The “call me” sign is a smaller version of the billboard that Phil and Willie maintain (“To my loved one in scientology… call me). Phil and Willie left scientology, yet have two adult children who not only have continued with scientology, but have “disconnected” from their parents. The toxic practice of disconnection is the only way a scientologist can stay in scientology if they’re connected to someone who leaves and speaks out against that church. In today’s blog, In addition to “drive-bys,” a “walk-by” takes place when an individual protester carries a “call me” sign with a corrugated back. I carried the sign that hung by twine around my neck; with the top of the “call me” sign waist-high, I could then have my arms free to take pictures.

* * * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

attachment.php

Photo Caption: A protester extended her arm and said, “Take a picture of the ‘call me’ sign with the event sign,” as the Balloon Lady attempted to spoil our fun.

attachment.php

Photo Caption: There were a handful of people sitting on this ledge outside of AOLA when I suggested that two “call me” protesters form bookends so I could take their picture. Those people who had been sitting there, however, scattered.

Attachments

• 11 SMP-GO Pt 1 2016-05-28 DSC02998_zpsnxremvfp.jpg
    11 SMP-GO Pt 1 2016-05-28 DSC02998_zpsnxremvfp.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 221
  • 17 SMP-GO Pt 1 2016-05-28 DSC03035_zpsho4uigfi.jpg
    17 SMP-GO Pt 1 2016-05-28 DSC03035_zpsho4uigfi.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Video by Fred G. Haseney:

This NASTY man proved, yet again, that if you leave scientology and speak out against it, they will COMB your PC (pre-clear) and ethics folders and use AGAINST you what you confessed to an auditor decades and decades ago. He ticked me off so much that after he chided me for that age-old confession, I followed him while videotaping him, asking him to repeat what he just said for the camera. What happened to the nasty man, you might wonder? Did he repent? Come clean? No, he ran away and told security that I was stalking him!
[video]https://youtu.be/G0DBkipF4q8[/video]

CommunicatorIC

Scientology Media Productions—Grand Protest—May 28, 2016—Part 2.

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/20...productions-grand-protest-may-28-2016-part-2/

attachment.php

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on scientology. Today, I’m reporting from the Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the so-called “church” of scientology’s West Coast headquarters. More specifically, I’m reporting further on preparations done on May 28, 2016, for the Grand Opening of the Scientology Media Productions (“SMP”), located at 4401 W. Sunset Blvd., about ten blocks east of PAC Base. This blog continues where the first part left off (“Scientology Media Productions—Grand Protest—May 28, 2016—Part 1“).

As scientologists were checked in and eventually herded by shuttle bus to SMP, Phil and Willie Jones drove around PAC Base, with “call me” signs on both sides of their vehicle. That message of love (“To my loved one in scientology… call me”) began in April 2016 as a billboard in the Echo Park section of Los Angeles. With the help of Cece Marie Gangle Smith’s daughter, smaller versions of the sign were made with a metallic backing, making them perfect for what I refer to as drive-bys. For the protest, Cece and Lynn Fountain Campbell also helped with drive-bys. Later in the day, when Cece switched to doing walk-bys (in which she carried a “call me” sign with a corrugated backing), her dog, Simi, joined in the festivities, carrying a placard on her left and right sides (that’s Simi in the lead photo). Other protesters did walk-bys as well, first around PAC Base and, later, at SMP (or as close to SMP as the authorities and permit allowed us to).

Scientology’s toxic practice of “disconnection” breaks up families!

Attachments

• SMPUpdate4.jpg
    SMPUpdate4.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 281

Exesso

Bitter Apostate
Wish I could have been there. I would have loved marching around my old stomping grounds with y'all. Out of state unfortunately...

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tony Ortega wrote:

And that’s when we realized that the biggest “stars” that Miscavige could convince to come to his big Hollywood coming out party were…Jenna and Bodhi Elfman.

Jenna’s fame largely comes from her run as Dharma Freedom Finkelstein Montgomery in ABC’s 1997-2002 comedy series Dharma and Greg. We also thought she was good as Professor Veronica Micelli in 1998’sKrippendorf’s Tribe. But she’s also been known as one of Hollywood’s most militant Scientologists. There was the infamous 2006 “Have you raped a baby?” episode, as told by TMZ. And more recently, she has provided a different sort of entertainment with a video series she’s done with her (generally insubstantial) husband Bodhi that had her exclaim, at one point, that she’d “blow a horse” if it meant she could simply relax and watch Netflix all day.

In other words, this is Hollywood royalty!

Also in the front row, we spotted Her Royal Governness of the Vast Valley Territory, Scientology’s cute nickname for Nancy Cartwright, better known as the voice actor behind Bart Simpson. The others we recognized were a couple of Scientology’s wealthy whales, Bob Duggan and Tom Cummins.

But where was Tom Cruise? (Filming in England, apparently.) And Travolta? Alley? Or any of the young celebs? Beck, Elisabeth Moss, Erika Christensen, Danny Masterson?

Too busy, apparently.

We’re sure you’ll be able to identify some of others in the crowd. Give it a good look and let us know who you spot. (We’re going to post it at full resolution. If it messes with your device’s display, we apologize in advance)…

SMPFrontRow2a-e1464663291104.jpg

SMPFrontRow1.jpg

http://tonyortega.org/2016/05/31/ho...the-big-celebs-at-scientologys-grand-opening/

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Same people in the same photo both sitting and standing from DeathHamster on wwp:

All that work to set up the cameras and the crowds, and they just couldn't resist photoshopping.
smp-opening-estab-david-miscavige_3s14059-jpg.258110

Lower right corner, tiny people sitting behind giants. One sitting dwarf looks exactly like a standing giant, fringes where a quick blend was done, fuzzy fingers, an odd white patch, etc:
smpouterlimits-jpg.258106

It's a Photoshop Franken-Photo!

I bet that at the last possible moment, "someone" noticed that corner wasn't busy enough and ordered that it be fixed by the sleep-deprived drones.

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/tony-ortega-scientology-tv-station.103823/page-4#post-2584162

Last edited:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Their new facility has Super Power ^^^"VISUAL EFFECTS"^^^ as you can see above!

scientology-media-productions_MG_7208_2.jpg

VISUAL EFFECTS
The combined speed and computing power of twenty visual effects stations provide the capability to produce computer generated images at a rate sufficient to meet the production demands of the global center.

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Scientology Media Productions—Grand Protest—May 28, 2016—Part 3.

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/20...productions-grand-protest-may-28-2016-part-3/

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on scientology. Today, I’m reporting from the Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the so-called “church” of scientology’s West Coast headquarters. More specifically, I’m reporting further on the preparations made on May 28, 2016, for the Grand Opening of the Scientology Media Productions (“SMP”), located at 4401 W. Sunset Blvd., about ten blocks east of PAC Base. This blog continues where the first two parts left off (“Scientology Media Productions—Grand Protest—May 28, 2016—Part 1” and “Part 2“).

After a peaceful protest around PAC Base, where we drove and walked around Big Blue, all the while carrying Phil and Willie’s message of love (“To my loved one in scientology… call me”), we went to SMP’s facility, where I felt oppressed, suppressed and stopped. Scientology’s toxic practice of “disconnection” breaks up families; it’s a control factor, neither voluntary nor pleasant, and is designed to keep you in line. Within SMP’s permitted event perimeter, scientology demonstrated their narcissistic, anti-social, and psychotic need to control everything and everyone. I found their “grand opening” sadly suffocating. The Declaration of Independence declares that Americans have “unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,” and I have a right to protest and speak my mind. In doing so, I extend my hand to scientologists everywhere who have lost some of those unalienable rights due to David Miscavige’s dictatorship of scientology.

Last edited:

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
I've been scanning the photos for other anomalies and here's what I've found.

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=310160&p=733640#p733640

Check out the guy coming out of the bush.

His body is literally in the bush.

Also, I have a feeling the whole group standing behind the 4 tall girls is photoshopped. My guess is the 4 girls were the back row, which is why they the look taller than everyone, and also the whole group behind them just looks messy and weird.

Guy%20in%20bush1_zps2z0bbkhi.jpg

I've looked along the back edge of the group, and I am pretty sure there is an original back row, and then about 3-4 more rows of people photoshopped in. On the right is guy with a video camera, and another with a still camera, and there are people right in front of his camera.

CommunicatorIC

Scientology Media Productions—Grand Protest—May 28, 2016—Part 4.

https://jennyatlax.wordpress.com/20...productions-grand-protest-may-28-2016-part-4/

This is Photojournalist Fred G. Haseney with his eye on scientology. Today, I’m reporting from the Pacific Area Command Base (“PAC Base” or “Big Blue”), the so-called “church” of scientology’s West Coast headquarters. More specifically, I’m reporting further on the preparations made on May 28, 2016, for the Grand Opening of Scientology Media Productions (“SMP”), located at 4401 W. Sunset Blvd., about ten blocks east of PAC Base. This blog continues where the first three parts left off (“Scientology Media Productions—Grand Protest—May 28, 2016—Part 1,” “Part 2,” and “Part 3“).

7%20SMP-GP%20Pt%204%202016-05-28%20DSC03469B1_zpsmbh5gxw4.jpg

Photo Caption: In this composite of three consecutive photos, a scientologist demonstrates her indoctrination into scientology’s “Prison of Belief.” Notice in her hand a program for SMP’s event.