What's new

Auditing David Miscavage

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I need to get vaccinated. Had chicken pox as a 14 year old.

I'm not an MD, but off the top of my head I would have thought you would be less likely to get it, having built up some immunity. But then again, what do I know?

Last edited:

Hypatia

Pagan
I'm not an MD, but off the top of my head I would have thought you would be less likely to get it then, having built up some immunity. But then again, what do I know?

That's what I'd have thought, too! But I've been seeing public service announcements saying that it puts one more at risk for it. Boyfriend super worried and has been asking me to make it a priority.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by strativarius

I'm not an MD, but off the top of my head I would have thought you would be less likely to get it then, having built up some immunity. But then again, what do I know?

That's what I'd have thought, too! But I've been seeing public service announcements saying that it puts one more at risk for it. Boyfriend super worried and has been asking me to make it a priority.
Well, thanks for that. It just goes to show how wrong one can be.

Well, thanks for that. It just goes to show how wrong one can be.
AFAIK, the virus remains in your body, then one fine day, like a sleeping volcano, it wakes up and wreaks havoc. I got the shot after seeing the hell my wife went through with it, and I am pretty anti-vaccination minded. Do a google search - there's plenty out there about it.

Mimsey

Shingles - Topic Overview

Shingles is a painful skin rash. It is caused by the varicella zoster virus. Shingles usually appears in a band, a strip, or a small area on one side of the face or body. It is also called herpes zoster.

Shingles is most common in older adults and people who have weak immune systems because of stress, injury, certain medicines, or other reasons. Most people who get shingles will get better and will not get it again. But it is possible to get shingles more than once.

Shingles occurs when the virus that causes chickenpox starts up again in your body. After you get better from chickenpox, the virus "sleeps" (is dormant) in your nerve roots. In some people, it stays dormant forever. In others, the virus "wakes up" when disease, stress, or aging weakens the immune system. Some medicines may trigger the virus to wake up and cause a shingles rash. It is not clear why this happens. But after the virus becomes active again, it can only cause shingles, not chickenpox.

You can't catch shingles from someone else who has shingles. But there is a small chance that a person with a shingles rash can spread the virus to another person who hasn't had chickenpox and who hasn't gotten the chickenpox vaccine.

Shingles symptoms happen in stages. At first you may have a headache or be sensitive to light. You may also feel like you have the flu but not have a fever.

Later, you may feel itching, tingling, or pain in a certain area. That's where a band, strip, or small area of rash may occur a few days later. The rash turns into clusters of blisters. The blisters fill with fluid and then crust over. It takes 2 to 4 weeks for the blisters to heal, and they may leave scars. Some people only get a mild rash. And some do not get a rash at all.

It's possible that you could also feel dizzy or weak. Or you could have long-term pain or a rash on your face, changes in your vision, changes in how well you can think, or a rash that spreads. If you have any of these problems from shingles, call your doctor right away
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/shingles/shingles-topic-overview

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Actually, you tried to introvert me and cause BPC by directing my attention onto my present situation. That attempt is also reverse processing and makes you even more of a "dickhead", dickhead. :eyeroll:

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011

That's what it's all about isn't it? Manipulation hidden behind a pretense of knowledge, benevolence and concern.

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Then why splab it all over your Facebook page? I saw that a a positive sign - that you are willing to be open and talk about it.

I wish you well.

M

Moderator 3375

Leon-2 and TheSneakster - While debate and free expression is encouraged on ESMB, you both know that the first rule of this board is to treat others with respect. Comments about the personal lives of others and name calling is not acceptable. You have both been warned and if this continues holidays will be next.

Mod 3375

Hypatia

Pagan
Then why splab it all over your Facebook page? I saw that a a positive sign - that you are willing to be open and talk about it.

I wish you well.

Because this isn't that site/forum. Because even if this were Facebook, the way it goes is one comments on that wall post at the time; one doesn't bring it up years later.

Because this discussion isn't about where or how anyone lives.

My friend Gloria posted on her Facebook wall about a miscarriage three years ago. Guess what. Nobody brings it up out of the blue there or anywhere else.

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Did Gloria post a link to her FB page on this thread?

I took it as an invitation to visit the page and also to include what is there into the discussion here. Why else would one post the link?

If I erred in this I am sorry. The sentiments I expressed were sincere. I have dear friends who landed in similar experiences in life - very nearly including a brother of mine - and I feel for them and for all others. In no way do I blame them or gloat on their misfortune. Have never done so.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually, you tried to introvert me and cause BPC by directing my attention onto my present situation. That attempt is also reverse processing and makes you even more of a "dickhead", dickhead. :eyeroll:

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mhobson2011

I wish Leon had "directed my attention onto my current condition" because I'd be FN'ing and VVGIs because my current condition is EX scientologist. LOL

Elronius of Marcabia

def.

Scientologist -noun: 1. A person who imagines that Scientology is capable of making them "more cause" on an imaginary spectrum of ability that culminates in "total cause over life". 2. A Pre-Ex, a term idiomatically analogous to the relationship between a "Pre-Clear" and a "Clear". A Pre-Ex is a person who participates in Hubbard's theories/experiments while simultaneously attempting to "rise above" facts--in the fading hope that Hubbard's tech will one day start to work. All this takes place before having accepted the facts and blown; hence, Pre-Ex(Scientologist).

Believer in the Theoretical Science Fictionologist and his Engrammatical theory of mind :yes::hysterical:
so on and so forth etc etc ad nauseum:hysterical: on this planut and guluxy at this time :hysterical:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
This is a significant matter in that he would be getting paid to go OT as an on the job training requirement essentially.
Imagine getting paid to go OT?
Imagine not wanting any part of it when it's all for free and you're the leader of the COS in its entirety?
What message does that convey to the flock?
If it's not worth it to you for free then why the hell would I sell everything, especially my soul, to barter for it at any price?
Could it be that he's painfully aware of its destructive power and consequences?

Last edited:

Elronius of Marcabia

This is a significant matter in that he would be getting paid to go OT as an on the job training requirement essentially.
Imagine getting paid to go OT?
Imagine not wanting any part of it when it's all for free and you're the leader of the COS in its entirety?
What message does that convey to the flock?
If it's not worth it to you for free then why the hell would I sell everything, especially my soul, to barter for it at any price?
Could it be that he's painfully aware of its destructive power and consequences?

So I guess Miss Cabbage is of the same opinion as me :yes: "could'nt pay me to do any more of that shit"
i feel a whole new level of ARC:biggrin: with the midget man davy of the lil whacky navy, too bad he's
not for wanting others to have same knowledge skills and abilities,but I understand his dilemna
where would the money for his 1500$ shoes come from:omg: god forbid he would have to get a real
job and afford them on his own :coolwink:

It's the thought he dare not think for in his mighty god like ability to Postalate his future he could accidently
find himself putting in his application at McDonalds or WalMart as a greeter:biggrin:

Both are jobs he's got the skills and experince needed, "funny hat and uniform and works for a clown"
"smiles on command at the prospect of customer entering the doors and make a purchase of some
cheap discounted shit, made mostly by some wage slave from another country" :thumbsup:

and yes davy I do out rank you :biggrin: So where is Shelly ? ya little prick.

Sorry got carried away on a small rant:biggrin: a very very small rant and getting smaller by the moment just like
miss cabbage and stinkology :clap::yes::hattip:

TheSneakster

More Skeptical Than You
Leon-2 and TheSneakster - While debate and free expression is encouraged on ESMB, you both know that the first rule of this board is to treat others with respect. Comments about the personal lives of others and name calling is not acceptable. You have both been warned and if this continues holidays will be next.

Mod 3375

OK, I was out of line. Sorry.

Mike

Elronius of Marcabia

Mod 3375

I respect Leon and still think he's a dickhead, it's due to my incredible ability to hold
more than one thought in my head at a time:biggrin:

All "DUE" respect for Leon :yes::clap: