What's new

Lisa Marie Presley's custody request has worry about Scientology written all over it

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Lisa Marie Presley's custody request has worry about Scientology written all over it.

She Knows: Lisa Marie Presley’s divorce could expose scary details from her marriage

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainme...-could-expose-scary-details-from-her-marriage

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

by Caroline Goddard

Lisa Marie Presley's custody request has Scientology written all over it.

Lisa Marie Presley has filed for divorce from Michael Lockwood, and her custody request could mean something terrible was going on.

Presley wed Lockwood, a musician, in 2006, and the couple has twin girls together. And that is the interesting part of her divorce petition. She asks for no alimony, no child support, really nothing at all — except she wants full custody of the girls and only wants to allow Lockwood to have monitored visits.

[SNIP]

Another possibility could revolve around Scientology. Presley reportedly left the controversial religion several years back, and her defection was reportedly the reason she and Lockwood moved to England. However, it was soon discovered that their country manor was just down the road from Scientology's 59-acre British headquarters. So did Lockwood return to the religion he practiced when he and Presley wed?

If so, that could be a key part to the mystery of the monitored visitation request. As Leah Remini disclosed upon her escape from Scientology, once you leave you are considered a "Suppressed Person" until and unless you return, and until then, your former Scientology friends and family totally cut you out of their lives. When Katie Holmes left Tom Cruise, she reportedly kept her plans ultra top secret so that the actor couldn't take their daughter Suri and turn her against her mom like he allegedly did with his children from his marriage to Nicole Kidman.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited:

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
Re: Lisa Marie Presley's custody request has worry about Scientology written all over

Lisa Marie needs no money from anyone.... she is the "Kings" daughter and has made money on her own.

There may indeed be a prenup that will keep him from getting any $$$$ from her.

Monitored visits could mean many things... drinking... drugs.... infidelity... a bad breakup.

I would bet that the divorce will be quick and clean with no tell all books coming from either side.

As a child she was very protected by the church and her own body guards.... as an adult she has learned many lessons & made a few mistakes... as a parent I have never heard anything bad about her skills.

She is her own person... I hope things work for the benefit of her children no matter what the story is.

Jump

Operating teatime
Re: Lisa Marie Presley's custody request has worry about Scientology written all over

I'll just leave this here.

Divorce is bad enough without adding Scientology.

I agree, very apt. Didn't Leah Remini recall Bella and Connor referring to their adoptive mother Nicole as "that fucking SP?"

Scientology takes parental alienation to orders of magnitude by black PR-ing any cult leaver.

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors

I just saw this guy and his twins with (I'm guessing) his parents at a restaurant in LA on Monday. I kept thinking, who is the Beck-looking dude and why the hell is he wear a flannel when it's over 100 degrees outside. :duh:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Lisa Marie needs no money from anyone.... she is the "Kings" daughter and has made money on her own.

There may indeed be a prenup that will keep him from getting any $$$$ from her.

Monitored visits could mean many things... drinking... drugs.... infidelity... a bad breakup.

I would bet that the divorce will be quick and clean with no tell all books coming from either side.

As a child she was very protected by the church and her own body guards.... as an adult she has learned many lessons & made a few mistakes... as a parent I have never heard anything bad about her skills.

She is her own person... I hope things work for the benefit of her children no matter what the story is.

In addition to what she has made on her own ( considerable ! ), Priscilla took Elvis's dead ass broke estate & turned it into being worth $100 million dollars ( yes, one hundred million).

I seriously doubt that money is a problem for Lisa.

My only first hand experience with her was when she was a young teenager at CCLA. Then, I'd say she was a rather petulant teenager that didn't like waiting or taking orders. ( Both common to young teenagers ! )

Leland

Crusader
Re: Lisa Marie Presley Divorcing

Sure no problem...

I'm just curious if the husband was a Cult member.....and if that has any bearing on the divorce.