What's new

The Reg Corner

onthepes

Patron with Honors
In the early 80s I think they were definitely getting commisions, and I think there was talk here about all the commissions Debbie Cook got when she was in the SO...and bought a fancy car with some of it.

If that is correct. That would be great. At least it is something. However, when I have seen recent videos of Sea Org members being interviewed or COS reps interviewed there is only mention of food and lodgings and a small wage. Maybe the commission has changed. I am not sure why it has not been mentioned in interviews in the last few years. I would be interested.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Staff and Sea Org get commissions - that is one of the reason's they do it. Starve them with no public coming in - then hang a piece of "raw meat" infront of them that has a little money - and they will be good little soldiers and they will say and do anything for those donations!

Now they cannibalize the bones - sucking the marrow out of them. Not much there - so now PLEDGING is the new answer - then apply the pressure to borrow the money to make the pledge good - your spiritual destiny is at stake and "me's need to eat"!:omg:

Here will be the definition in the Dictionary coming out very soon re: Scientology Organization

SCIENTOLOGY - A complex corporation that was a Criminal Organization specializing in crimes against humanity!:angry:

They "called" (past tense :coolwink:) themselves a CHURCH to hide behind the benefits of being a religion. They touted "ecclesiastical duties" to obtain tax exempt status.

They cannibalized their membership - bankrupted them, created psychosis and treated human beings like slaves. They did not make KOOL AID for the members to drink - they used them as slaves and made sure they were all finanically bankrupt.

The Organization was put to death in 2012 by their own organizational suicide! :happydance:

God rest in peace and may no one ever revive that cult again! ^ Yes, the dictionary will have that happy little emotion at the end! :yes:

I believe I hear the makings of a new thread: Please write the Obituary for the Scientology Organization!

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
How many registrars are Sea Org? Would a Sea Org registrar even profit personally from bringing in money? I understand normal staff reges get a cut.

I can sort of understand Sea Org folks having no mercy on rich public. When you're living in bad quarters on bad food and making too little money to wash your clothes, all for the greater glory of Scientology, then you probably don't really weep inside too hard if somebody with a big house and a pool gets the cost of a second home squeezed out of them. In fact it would probably be hard to squeeze any public below the miserable financial level of the Sea Org themselves.

I believe I can answer both of the above items accuratly.

Your second point first because it's much shorter to answer:

Yes, there was no mercy, but not exactly for the living conditions you describe correctly. It was because we (the SO, Scientology, etc.) knew better than the public what needed to be done with not only all their money and assets, but also their credit capacity. We were saving the world RIGHT NOW - there was no other choice. So if the guy had a house and a pool, boat or ANYTHING which could be made fungable before this Thursday @ 2:00pm, then we should use that "energy" now to save the planet. If the guy winds up in a 2 bedroom apartment on the other side of town, so what, because if he really "got it" he would be in there with us on staff, saving the world, "live or die in the atempt".
:lol:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK, here's the commissions data from my experience from 1979 up to recent times:

Sales staff in orgs and Sea Org orgs (not positive about Missions) did not receive commissions on training and auditing sales. If the public had a field staff member, then the FSM got 10%.

There's more, so let's use an example at Flag.

A guy goes to a Flag World Tour event, say in Mountain View, CA. He has an FSM - let's call him "Steve Besio" :biggrin: who "glombed onto him" while he was receiving auditing at MtnVw. So the FSM and the Flag World Tour get on the guy that night and pulverize him to the point he realizes that he should go to Flag for his "Advance Program" and OT levels. So the guy pays $100,000.00 (routine).

The FSM doesn't get paid until the guy arrives to FSO. In the 80's and into the 90's, the FSO would get 10% the week the guy arrived, was accepted through Ethics & the HGC.

If the guy was not accepted and had to be sent away for various A-J reasons, then the "Fruit Plate Wars" erupted. I covered this earler on this thread.

But our guy got in. So the FSM got a check for $10,000.00. The Flag World Tour registrar got $0.00. What he did recieve was a ration of shit from his superiors who have been monitering his every move by phone all day and all night long (even while he's in the middle of talking to our Guy) with inval and eval and push and shit - typical SO/Staff shit.

Meanwhile, now that the guy is in the FSO and on-lines, "getting wins" the fun begins and the finances start to get really wacky - aside from the fact that the guy has been milked for "a couple hunge".

The guy now gets endlessly pulverized with briefings about:

L's
OT 8&9
His "Technical Estimate" has now been determined through testing and interviews which is invaribly for more intensives than he bought in advance.

So now it's the FSO Dept. 6 regges at work. If the guy can get his hands on another "couple hunge", his eternity will be guaranteed. So the guy pays. The FSO regges get $0.00 and the FSM get's the 10% when the guy starts these services.

The guy now gets endlessly pulverized with briefings about:

TWTH
Planetary Dissemination (Libraries)
IAS
Super Power

Each and every one of these can easily turn into a "couple hunge" more - either all at once or bits at a time, based on the guy's access to cash, credit, etc.

But the IAS and Super Power requires new money. That's not the case with TWTH and Planetary Dissem. People's FSO accounts can and are debited for books and book campaign donations and that's where the commissions come in for the staff.

So now it's 1:30am on Thursday morning in the 80's and 90's and beyond at Flag and our guy is has been receiving his confidential briefing regarding conditions on this planet (all bad) and what the SO is doing about it RIGHT NOW. The briefing has gone on for a couple of hours or more, so now it's time to donate - perhaps a "couple hunge"? He finally says no a bunch of times and probably feels "more at cause" because he can say no (a common Success Story by the way :duh:). Anyway, he's finally forced to say no so many times that he becomes emphatic about it all............and then the trap is sprung!

No problem Guy, you can contribute to the campaign by donating off your account! - and just like that, easy-peasy, the guy, with little or no strugle, donates away the L's package, because hey with that new TE and advanced program he just started, he can't do the L's for a long time anyway and he's going home in a few weeks in super dooper shape and he can mock up that Ls package again before he'll ever need it, won't he? Of course he will!

So now the regges receive a book commission that has ranged over the years from 5% - 15%. Call it 10% for lutz. So there's 4 or 5 grand getting spread around inside the FSO. Often it was to the very reg who just had sold them the L's package to secure their OT Powers into eternity.

But what about the FSM you say? If the FSM had been paid on the whole package when the guy arrived as was done for many years, then the FSM gets billed for the "over payment".

A corps of "Book Regges" sprung up consisting of mostly SO members and some non-SO members and some FSMs too that just worked on "Big Book Deals" at Flag, other SO service orgs and at least on an occasional basis, visits to Cl 5 Orgs too.

It consisted of debiting people's accounts for books. The service orgs could complain all they wanted, but interference was run from the higest levels, ASI, CMOI, RTC, whatever.

Why?

Because of the "ROYS" - royalties on the books.

In Guy's case above - let's say he debied $50,000.00 off his FSO service account for the books. That $50,000.00 is taken from THIS weeks GI and transferred to the book account of the FSO. The book account pays the wholesale cost of the books and the "distribution fees" (the money used to mail out TWTH or books to libraries in order to undermine the Psychs or whatever) to Bridge or NEP. It also pays out the book commission to the regges. When BPI and NEP get the money (in Bridge's case by 2:00pm PST (three hours after 2:00pmEST at Flag), they immediatly (by 5:00pm PST) cut a check to ASI for the royalties.

So LRH got his money washed! :thumbsup:

Anyway, the greatest book commissions ever earned that I know of was Dick Story, a TWTH reg at Flag - now posted as a Dept 6 Body Reg. In either '85 or '86 he "earned" over $250,000.00 in book commissions. But he ran his whole operation (phone bills, rent to Flag Crew for a double cabana, fruit plates, etc.) with that. And he got regged too! Directly by ASI, so no vias - more money for Source! Not withstanding a nice car he bought, there wasn't much to show for it - coffee, cigs and slightly better dress blues that most.

By the way, the FSM commissions system and administration was always very strained with angry FSMs pissed off at regges for the debits, etc. Of course that never helped the FSms, because if they wern't such a mamby-pamby dillitante, they'd be in the SO and putting their own shoulder to the wheel, so LRH can wear those giant boots in the sky!

Later in the '90s or 00's the FSM system changed so that the FSM was paid for each intensive or individual course after it was started rather than on the whole package at first start. The FSMs became less in debt to the orgs, but their public were not safe from the debits and still are not.

Enough for now.

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
Bizarre, though very credible. It sounds as though the Sea Org is a bit like a monastic order in which the monks are allowed to sell a bit of meth on the side.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Bizarre, though very credible. It sounds as though the Sea Org is a bit like a monastic order in which the monks are allowed to sell a bit of meth on the side.

You don't get it or may have missed it but this is Hubbard's greatest trick, staff and SO are supreme at regging and they don't get a single cent personally. The entire operation is obsessed and incensed with GI that it never gets for itself. The FSMs are the only one's who personally benefit but if Scientology had to rely on their capacity it would've died ages ago.

I mean look at the story of the SO guy calling the mark a bitch under his breath or the SO mentality of only mourning the lost GI from the dev-t dead guy, you can see they don't actually have concern or compassion for the people they "serve" nor do they gain financially personally.

Hubbard was brilliant and it's just like Amway knows, money is a poor motivator and Napoleon noticed how quickly a man would lay down his life for a medal.

The staff is all about itself as is Scientology and Scientologists. It is all ego.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
And of course I always wondered why an org was not permitted to go into debt for anything and yet it was ok for a public to do it, even if it put them in a dangerous financial position. Unfortunately, I wondered about it instead of waking up to it for much too long.

ok, I'm just coming across this thread through linkage from the new reg thread (as I wander off from time to time), but let me tell you... the freaking orgs went into debt. The orgs were often just into debt for "Payments to Flag", let alone them freaking out about paying electricity and such.

I could see the OES almost have a stroke every time I had a PC that was so hot that the fan wouldn't do it, and he'd have to turn on the AC, and his panicked calls from Flag when he said AC was dealing with bill collectors and were trying to keep the lights on, let alone make the required training payments.

Policy is quite the sham...oh, yeah, it was obvious our org was in major debt.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
If that is correct. That would be great. At least it is something. However, when I have seen recent videos of Sea Org members being interviewed or COS reps interviewed there is only mention of food and lodgings and a small wage. Maybe the commission has changed. I am not sure why it has not been mentioned in interviews in the last few years. I would be interested.

I believe the Sea Org staff's commissions were taken away. Slappy says LRH policy states: "can't mix money with religion" so he gets it all cuz he ain't in the Sea Org!! Clever little crim, isn't he?

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
ok, I'm just coming across this thread through linkage from the new reg thread (as I wander off from time to time), but let me tell you... the freaking orgs went into debt. The orgs were often just into debt for "Payments to Flag", let alone them freaking out about paying electricity and such.

I could see the OES almost have a stroke every time I had a PC that was so hot that the fan wouldn't do it, and he'd have to turn on the AC, and his panicked calls from Flag when he said AC was dealing with bill collectors and were trying to keep the lights on, let alone make the required training payments.

Policy is quite the sham...oh, yeah, it was obvious our org was in major debt.

Hence L Ron Hubbard's TEK on "how to pay bills with no money". It was always designed that way - keep the necessity level real high in all Morgues by taking their money away - keeping the staff poor and down!!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: The Fruit Plate Wars

The Fruit-Plate Wars

There is VERY SPECIFIC policy by LRH in relation to Flag that advanced scheduling regges, tours regges, FSMs or anyone for that matter that is trying to talk a public into going to Flag are NOT to pre “qual” anyone. That is to say that you are not to form opinions about whether someone should go to Flag, just get them there regardless and it’ll all get sorted out there.

Well this used to lead to all kinds of reg chicanery – taking advanced payments from people with Psych histories, etc.

We, the staff at Flag worked out a handling line that ran parallel with that stupid Claims Verification Board or whatever it was called. In fact, it was just a routing form through Treasury to verify account balances and then have the guy sign some docs before his “check goes in the mail”.

Here’s how it worked (and probably still does – why mess up a good thing?):

1. Illegal (any A-J reason) PC goes to Flag World Tour event or whatever. Buys a package of auditing and/or training at Flag.
2. PC arrives.
3. PC routes into FSO and receives A-J check.
4. PC gets routed somewhere to sort out his scene, which could include transferring his FSO account $ to his local org (where he may be at least legal for training. This transfer is only done on paper. No $ go from FSO to the org. Why? Because FSO trained so many “outer org” trainees that the Orgs always “owed” FSO.)
4a. (Alternate handling) MAA office calls us (the regges) to tell us they’re about to R-Factor the guy that he’s not legal for Flag.
5a. The lucky one of us (who received the advanced notice from the MAA) goes to the MAA office and “happens to walk by”. Meets the poor bastard, body routes him to our offices and briefs him on the wonderful outreach actions of the church and asks if they would like to contribute. When he explains his problem with the FSO, we then say, “That’s OK, you can contribute to the project with a donation from the account you can’t use anyway!”.

This line became so refined that it worked about 90% of the time. Then the (poorer) public just goes home – problem solved – and lots of royalties to LRH!!! (and we got that pesky illegal PC off the base to boot)!

The only problem became which reg got the cycle and it became a PR campaign to get the MAAs office to alert me rather than any other reg. Thus began the “Fruit Plate Wars”. One or another of us regges would contact the restaurant at the FSO and have them make up a fruit plate. A waiter delivered this with great circumstance to the MAAs office at 10:00pm after all the public had gone to their rooms. That thing got so devoured by the MAA office staff!

One time I missed out on a big cycle and went to complain. The MAA said something like, “Well, we got such a nice fruit plate from ______”. I said, “What about yesterday?” Answer, “Oh-yeah, I forgot about that.”

So a few days later I got an advanced heads-up on another cycle. I called the restaurant, “Get me the biggest fucking cheese, meat and fruit plate that’s ever been made! Add Champagne.”

I’m standing in the lobby and out come THREE waiters in full penguin outfits with trays and ice-cooled booze.

15 minutes later, my phone rings from HCO, “Come get your guy.”

I kid you not!

Subsequently, some jealous (and probably hungry) exec cancelled HCO receiving any more fruit plates. But of course, they never cancelled taking money from public they never intended to service!!

So we just had the fruit plates made and body routed anyone we could in for a VIP briefing. A VIP briefing just means we want more than just a token 5k or 10k – we needed real money (but you got Brie!).

Very hard to understand now how we (the staff AND the public) did what we did. It was extremely rare for someone to just tell us to “F-off”.

But they should have!

THANK YOU "THIS IS NOT OK"....so much for this.

This helps ex members understand what happened to them. So many went to Flag and would come home just shell shocked...little did anyone else know what happened.

Wow - this made me cry.

So many people were bankrupted at Flag by this tactic.

I mean TONS of people that we personally knew. They recently told me about this after they left and de programmed themselves.

They would lose everything after they came home from Flag - quickly or slowly - homes, cars....lots of heart ache for these folks. Their Tu Dee's would divorce them for putting their families in harms way....this is so sad and tragic a 'church' gets away with this still even though this information is out there for the authorities to know about.

For the Registrar's now out - I have some questions for you...

Hy Levy helped us ALOT RIP Hy Levy...and I thank him for whistle blowing...I thank anyone who tells us what is going on behind the curtain.

We all realize that the regges got sucked into the whole mindfuck of "clearing the planet" so don't take this wrong and we are all happy you are out now.
Please answer some questions....did you *the registrars* ever wonder if you were hurting people? Did it ever occur to you that people were getting hurt badly?

I know that Registrar's don't really know what happens to the people, right. MAA tells them they are "illegal" or do the Registrar's also know?

So many people not only had to file bankruptcy, lose homes to foreclosure but it FUCKED THEM UP really bad.

They did this at ASHO and AOLA too. Only Flag was the absolute worse.

How did you feel after? Any remorse back then and if not, when did it occur to you just how evil this was to do to people?

Who came up with this? Specific people?

When did the MAA's start regging for donations to get out of lower conditions "they" deemed were needed? Did the Regisrar's come up with this scheme or did management?

Last edited:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron

THANK YOU "THIS IS NOT OK"....so much for this.

This helps ex members understand what happened to them. So many went to Flag and would come home just shell shocked...little did anyone else know what happened.

Wow - this made me cry.

So many people were bankrupted at Flag by this tactic.

I mean TONS of people that we personally knew. They recently told me about this after they left and de programmed themselves.

They would lose everything after they came home from Flag - quickly or slowly - homes, cars....lots of heart ache for these folks. Their Tu Dee's would divorce them for putting their families in harms way....this is so sad and tragic a 'church' gets away with this still even though this information is out there for the authorities to know about.

For the Registrar's now out - I have some questions for you...

Hy Levy helped us ALOT RIP Hy Levy...and I thank him for whistle blowing...I thank anyone who tells us what is going on behind the curtain.

We all realize that the regges got sucked into the whole mindfuck of "clearing the planet" so don't take this wrong and we are all happy you are out now.
Please answer some questions....did you *the registrars* ever wonder if you were hurting people? Did it ever occur to you that people were getting hurt badly?

I know that Registrar's don't really know what happens to the people, right. MAA tells them they are "illegal" or do the Registrar's also know?

So many people not only had to file bankruptcy, lose homes to foreclosure but it FUCKED THEM UP really bad.

They did this at ASHO and AOLA too. Only Flag was the absolute worse.

How did you feel after? Any remorse back then and if not, when did it occur to you just how evil this was to do to people?

Who came up with this? Specific people?

When did the MAA's start regging for donations to get out of lower conditions "they" deemed were needed? Did the Regisrar's come up with this scheme or did management?

The purpose of regging book donations from Flag Public who were determined to be illegal PCs was to avoid refunds.

Not refunds as in "I realize Scientology is a crock, give me my money back".

But refunds as in "We're sorry, but you're not eligible to receive the L's you just donated for." In those cases, Flag would "transfer" the money to a local org where the person could do training and possibly receive auditing. Of course, no actual transfer of cash occurred because all the orgs owed money to Flag for staff training!

It was during the early '80s when it was realized that there was a way to get more cash out of the FSO and into LRHs pockets through book royalties from planetary dissemination donations. ASI's ROYS stats just screamed into Power. At that point there was nothing the FSO staff and executives could do to stop the rape.

I've read that LRH was worth 500 or 600 million dollars when he died. I've also read that he was a hoarder of gold coins, diamonds, cash, etc. - most of those stories are from the '70s.

But did he ever know towards the end, when he was losing his mind, how much he was really worth? My guess is that he made the bulk of it in the last few years of his life.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

The purpose of regging book donations from Flag Public who were determined to be illegal PCs was to avoid refunds.

But refunds as in "We're sorry, but you're not eligible to receive the L's you just donated for." In those cases, Flag would "transfer" the money to a local org where the person could do training and possibly receive auditing. Of course, no actual transfer of cash occurred because all the orgs owed money to Flag for staff training!

It was during the early '80s when it was realized that there was a way to get more cash out of the FSO and into LRHs pockets through book royalties from planetary dissemination donations. ASI's ROYS stats just screamed into Power. At that point there was nothing the FSO staff and executives could do to stop the rape.

I've read that LRH was worth 500 or 600 million dollars when he died. I've also read that he was a hoarder of gold coins, diamonds, cash, etc. - most of those stories are from the '70s.

But did he ever know towards the end, when he was losing his mind, how much he was really worth? My guess is that he made the bulk of it in the last few years of his life.

Hmm. All that cash, gold, etc -- I wonder how much of that made it into the inventory of LRH's estate? And how much DM stole.

renegade

Wow, this really explains why the rash of debits happened in our org by Flag fsms and outter org regges. Robert from Bridge would egg on the fsms to go after public who had a lot on their accounts.

We would have to come up with the cash to pay ASI, book commissions, and would not have any staff pay for until those debits were covered. Our rent was so back that we'd have legal threats and utilities were shut off at times.

Last edited:

honu

Patron
My time in the FSO, 82-86, I worked in Dept. 6. I sold as much books as I could. Staff food really sucked, and pay wasn't much. i used the commission money to buy food.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, then we know each other!

I was there selling planetary dissemination donations (books) from mid '83 - '85 and then again from mid '87 - - '89.

Spent everyday on the mezzanine and in Dep 6 and later in the Cabanas that had been converted into Reg spaces.

renegade

The more I think about this, the sicker I feel. During this period of time, the regges were POUNDED on to get their stats up with threats, crams, ethics conditions, comm-evs, sec checks, SO Missionaires face-ripping/yelling, etc.

If you said anything, the line Robert from Bridge used to back up debiting was: "You are cutting lrh's comm line and that is suppressive!"