What's new

Part 2 -How many people went Type III (ie. had a Psychotic Break) in your org?

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, important point on "cover up". Dr. Megan Shields covered up the Wendy Etrricks suicide and made it look like *accidental drug overdose." Anything for Church PR.
(BAD PR to let it slip that an "OT 8" killed herself.)

Ironic that an OT 8 the highest achievement dies ~~ suicides herself ~~ in a flea pit derelict motel, "alone and in the dark" as the Church threatens those who might die this way if they DO NOT cough up the bucks for *bridge*

http://scientolipedia.org/info/Wendy_Ettricks

Last edited by a moderator:

Leland

Crusader
Re: How many people went type III (ie. had a Psychotic Break) in your org?

I use to see them around....at the Flag office at PAC.

One was skinny and tiny....one was big and fat...(sorry....don't want to waste time finding more pleasant words...)

Which one was Wendy?

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

I use to see them around....at the Flag office at PAC.

One was skinny and tiny....one was big and fat...(sorry....don't want to waste time finding more pleasant words...)

Which one was Wendy?

Wendy was small and skinny, This is her *friend* who distanced herself in those last lonely months
https://www.facebook.com/joanne.schnitzer?fref=ts

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Wendy was small and skinny, This is her *friend* who distanced herself in those last lonely months

There was another very-long-term FSM tag-team, Susan Zea (she might have re-married and gotten another name, but Zea is the name I knew) and another lady whose name escapes me. I wonder if Susan is still at it?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

An excellent addition to this discussion:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/pts-type-iii/

Edit to add - I first saw this issue Mike's posted in 2006 (?) when I went to the old NarCONon site at Lower Mangrove. I arrived there to find a Watch had been set up on a former KTL student and was being run by Maureen Sparshott's brother (I don't remember his name) who pulled me aside and told me that I couldn't speak to my former student then showed me this reference in the old Admin office at NN. I was perturbed by the lack of things like Auditors Code in this but I just shut up and left soon after.

It shows the absolute barbarity of $cientology's attitude to those victims of its "Tehc" - frightening to think that these are the people who believe they are the only experts in the field of the mind, as Hubbard so grandiosely proclaimed. And the Faithful religiously parrot to each other.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
I remember a couple of people who went NUTS

One was a SO gal, still around, who went nuts in qual @ CC on th St. She was doing a cram & starting screaming gibbership at the top of her lungs. Somebody yelled " HCO Bring Order " ! & she got hauled off. Nervous breakdown ? Psychotic break ?

Same time period, a guy on OT3 was locked in a room padded with mattresses in Big Blue. He was pounding the walls & screaming " OT 3 data" as loud as he could. While he was in this " type 3 handling " he was barred from the OT levels. He was insanely stuck IN OT 3 & no review was possible because he was barred from confidential materials.

And, same time period, I was sent to give a SO gal an assist in their berthing area. I got there just in time to tackle her as she was trying to jump out the window of whatever ( high ) floor we were on. Don't remember. What I remember is her insisting I turn her loose so she could kill herself. And I held on & talked to her for hours until she calmed down & agreed nit to kill herself.
I went to turn in the folder ( no assist - LOL ! ), came back to check on her & God bless her, she had BLOWN ! Where ever she went I do hope she found happiness.

Never mind the PC who stood in their chair at the start of session because they were afraid the snakes would get them. Or the gal the CS gave specific orders to not ever touch on her three somes because she'd talk forever & not run anything. Both honestly Certifiable & both my PC's !!

And, these days, grades are required before L's. I remember having a PC who had had her L's mid dianetics & hadn't had grades ( never mind I never did any L's ! ). She was misbehaving in an effort to get offloaded from the SO. She too was a trip !

Oh, I see . . I got the NUT CASES because I was nuts
! [ <------- bognition ! ]

Brian Sapient

Re: How many people went type III in your org?

Is the tech capable of making someone go crazy? I don't think Lisa McPhereson had any psych history.

Pretty scary if you ask me, that people are risking their sanity by doing auditing.

When people talk about going exterior after or during Scientology exercises like auditing what they are experiencing is a manifestation of a mental illness.

I am surprised more ex-Scientologists don't recognize or mention the mental changes so common to people who have practiced exercises associated with the human-potential movement.

The_Fixer

Class Clown

When people talk about going exterior after or during Scientology exercises like auditing what they are experiencing is a manifestation of a mental illness.

I am surprised more ex-Scientologists don't recognize or mention the mental changes so common to people who have practiced exercises associated with the human-potential movement.

Agreed with "nice opening post" and welcome from me as well.

You have piqued my interest, but would like to ask you if you could expand on your comments a little please, so as to gain a little more detail there?

The_Fixer

Class Clown

Good post Glenda. :thumbsup:

The Sad Story of WENDY ETTRICKS
Top *FSM* 30 years.

Wendy ETTRICKS spent some 30 years of her life FSming for flag.
She was the partner of Joanne Schnitzer
They were always together. Like twins joined at the hip, they traipsed together as a team working hard to get arrivals for the Flag Land base. For decades !
Then Wendy had a car accident and could not PRODUCE !
She was taking DRUGS to subdue the pain.
Her lifetime partner Joanne distanced herself and cherch viewed Wendy as a Liability !
Wendy ended up living in a derelict flea bag motel in Eagle Rock, Los Angeles suburb where she overdosed on drugs and killed herself.
Immediately the CULT did a swoop, deleting her pictures from the Internet, getting her Facebook account shut down, so she became a non person.
RIP Wendy ETTrricks. Too bad the life's devotion was to a CULT.
Wendy.E.Shadow.jpg

Yes, important point on "cover up". Dr. Megan Shields covered up the Wendy Etrricks suicide and made it look like *accidental drug overdose." Anything for Church PR.
(BAD PR to let it slip that an "OT 8" killed herself.)

Ironic that an OT 8 the highest achievement dies ~~ suicides herself ~~ in a flea pit derelict motel, "alone and in the dark" as the Church threatens those who might die this way if they DO NOT cough up the bucks for *bridge*

http://scientolipedia.org/info/Wendy_Ettricks

Just reading that made me feel quite sad. It isn't nice to see people destroyed for no good reason.

If (were they?) a gay couple, surprised to see the church of dirty tricks letting them be a part of it.

The church of scientology specializes in destroying lives, whether they be friend or foe.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Good post Glenda. :thumbsup:

The Sad Story of WENDY ETTRICKS
Top *FSM* 30 years.

Wendy ETTRICKS spent some 30 years of her life FSming for flag.
She was the partner of Joanne Schnitzer
They were always together. Like twins joined at the hip, they traipsed together as a team working hard to get arrivals for the Flag Land base. For decades !
Then Wendy had a car accident and could not PRODUCE !
She was taking DRUGS to subdue the pain.
Her lifetime partner Joanne distanced herself and cherch viewed Wendy as a Liability !
Wendy ended up living in a derelict flea bag motel in Eagle Rock, Los Angeles suburb where she overdosed on drugs and killed herself.
Immediately the CULT did a swoop, deleting her pictures from the Internet, getting her Facebook account shut down, so she became a non person.
RIP Wendy ETTrricks. Too bad the life's devotion was to a CULT.
Wendy.E.Shadow.jpg

Wow. This is the first time I've seen this.

I knew them well; they were always hanging around the reg offices at AOLA.

I guess Wendy and Ritchie must have split up? She was married last I knew.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

If (were they?) a gay couple, surprised to see the church of dirty tricks letting them be a part of it.

No, they weren't gay. A lot of FSMs teamed up like these two did.

Brian Sapient

Agreed with "nice opening post" and welcome from me as well.

You have piqued my interest, but would like to ask you if you could expand on your comments a little please, so as to gain a little more detail there?

Beyond going exterior, Scientologist experience altered states that include hallucinations and delusions. Auditing effectively rewires the brain as do other practices employed by the human-potential movement.

Compare going exterior with depersonalization disorder. Perhaps, the vivid hallucinations and delusions are not quite as common as simply going exterior.

Back in the early days of Scientology a selling point of Scientology was to "get high without drugs". I don't think I have ever heard an ex-Scientologist talking about their experience of getting high without drugs.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

Beyond going exterior, Scientologist experience altered states that include hallucinations and delusions. Auditing effectively rewires the brain as do other practices employed by the human-potential movement.

Compare going exterior with depersonalization disorder. Perhaps, the vivid hallucinations and delusions are not quite as common as simply going exterior.

Back in the early days of Scientology a selling point of Scientology was to "get high without drugs". I don't think I have ever heard an ex-Scientologist talking about their experience of getting high without drugs.

Lots of drugs in scientology. How many scientologists haven't been drug into sec checks?

Brian Sapient

Lots of drugs in scientology. How many scientologists haven't been drug into sec checks?

The issue of drugs in Scientology wasn't anything I was meaning to address.

What I would point to in the "get high without drugs" idea is that hallucinations and delusions caused by practices such as auditing are far more dangerous than using drugs and have a much higher risk of causing permanent negative changes to a person's mental health.

It is certainly true that people can do a lot of drugs without any permanent ill effects. Engaging in auditing or some other human-potential movement exercise to attain an altered state requires rewiring of the brain to a less optimum state.

I have heard the horror stories of abuse and disconnection so common with those that have left the church. I would be interested to hear about all the bad mental states Scientologists experience as positive.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

The issue of drugs in Scientology wasn't anything I was meaning to address.

What I would point to in the "get high without drugs" idea is that hallucinations and delusions caused by practices such as auditing are far more dangerous than using drugs and have a much higher risk of causing permanent negative changes to a person's mental health.

It is certainly true that people can do a lot of drugs without any permanent ill effects. Engaging in auditing or some other human-potential movement exercise to attain an altered state requires rewiring of the brain to a less optimum state.

I have heard the horror stories of abuse and disconnection so common with those that have left the church. I would be interested to hear about all the bad mental states Scientologists experience as positive.

May I ask why you are interested?

:)

phenomanon

Canyon

May I ask why you are interested?

:)

On the list of those in Scn who went Psychotic: David Voorhies is written to have been " injected" with Thorazine.
I was asked to "dose" him with Thorazine, not to "shoot him up" with it.
AFAIK, Thorazine is administed in Pill, tablet, or Capsule form. I have never actually seen any Thorazine myself, but I don't think it is administered by injection.

phenomanon

Canyon

On the list of those in Scn who went Psychotic: David Voorhies is written to have been " injected" with Thorazine.
I was asked to "dose" him with Thorazine, not to "shoot him up" with it.
AFAIK, Thorazine is administed in Pill, tablet, or Capsule form. I have never actually seen any Thorazine myself, but I don't think it is administered by injection.

I should have sent the previous reply to Sheila, but I put it here in hopes of keeping this thread about Psychosis in COS.
Thanks.

Joanne was more than her friend - they lived in the same house together - Wendy was married to Richie - they had a son together. She and Joanne were an FSMing team, and power FSMs for a year or two. Lord knows how much money they regged for FLAG. Wendy and Joanne were pretty far up the bridge - I think Wendy was 8 and Joanne on 7 the last I saw them. They were my FSMs and I liked them both a lot.

It is a crying shame that Scientology wastes people as much as it does, and cares so little for its public and staff. Here's a perfect example - rather than help one of their upstats in her time of need, they kick her out and let her die. Gee? Where have I heard that sentiment before? Someone's dad?

Mimsey

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon

I would think this topic would be interesting to anyone who hasn't experienced these mental states.

I agree. I think it deserves its own thread.

For the continuation of this thread....does anyone here remember a post that Warrior made on ARS that contained a write-up by a totally wonderful girl about her Iso? She apparently believed that she had been recognized by the write-up, and chastised warrior for posting it. There was some discussion about it. her ID was never revealed, afaik.
Her story, as written by her, was a stellar example of a gentle, fragile, creative, and beautiful soul, and her story from her perspective was poignant and unique.